View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Even former NSA chief Michael Hayden doesn�t use a BlackBerry | Financial Post

BTW, you've got to love those FP headlines... I wonder what type of cellphone the copy editor is using...
    They keep leaving out that all these gov agencies are STILL using OS7 devices. Neither USA or Canadian gov have authorized and implemented BB10 use yet. So yes, compared to a OS7 BlackBerry I'd choose an iPhone too lol

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 04:07 AM
    And now, here it is Mobile Iron / Good go for IPO ... as sales (growth) slowdowns.
    So, MDM alone worse $8-$10 or 6.4X sales ?
    I let you do the maths

[notice the biased "Leading mobile device management" ... at least very disputable]

From Seeking Alpha newsletter, but you can also read it in full here : MobileIron, Good get set for IPOs amid competition from BlackBerry, VMware - Mobile Iron, Inc. (Pending:MOBL) | Seeking Alpha

Have a great week, gang !

P.S/O.T : Prince concert was awesome. sorry: AWESOME !
    Very interesting numbers. Everyone who thought, that nobody will buy a MDM solution from a company with an uncertain future like BB should see, that the future of the competing companies is not certain either. If I were looking for a MDM solution and currently using BES, I would not switch right now. Just try BES10/12 and wait how this evolves.
    06-02-14 04:11 AM
    From the above post.
    "To Android developers out there, you are Fikin? idiots to ignore this platform.

There is money on the table?BlackBerry World is waiting for you."
    How much money is actually on that particular table? That is the question. First of all 2.5 million is tiny amount. Some individual apps get that amount, versus the whole Snap store. AFAIK you cannot pay for paid apps on Snap. Can you? What about in app purchases?

If you accumulated all Snap originated developer revenue and gave it to a single developer, I doubt it could pay the bills for one month.
    06-02-14 06:54 AM
    I know about 11 people with blackberries. None of them have snap installed beside me.
    May be only 2 or 3 that I know have been using Amazon store or mobil1.
    How ever I have heard from these users that "they will try installing snap and check it out". But they never do.
    The point is that people do want more apps and the chances are that developers will make some money.
    I have spent close to $40 on blackberry apps
    I personally use Nest, Denon android apps frequently.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-02-14 08:53 AM
    I have Amazon installed only to install Netflix and Candy Crush. There are some other apps I'm interested in but look for other options in BlackBerry World. If the developers start producing for BlackBerry World I and my BlackBerry 10 deviced friends will be accessing those apps and paying out to the developers for them.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    06-02-14 09:56 AM
    Native apps all the way. I had very very bad experince with almost every ported app I tried. I don't try them anymore, seems to be a waste of time for me. Sure, there are may be some good ones, but I did not choose BB10 to run android apps. It was a decision against android for several reasons. Good to have the option anyway...
    06-02-14 09:57 AM
    From the Related Technologies file, sorry I haven't read them in detail today as another rush from my regular day job. Inquiring mind here wondering also that with increasing telecommuting, doesn't this require additional enterprise security favoring my favorite brand?

Is the Internet of Things strategic to the enterprise? | ZDNet
    Enterprise cloud outlook: Inevitably hybrid, surprisingly agile and (eventually) cheap | ZDNet
    06-02-14 10:22 AM
    Windermere specs and pics leaked. 1 year old hardware in a case designed 10 years ago.

Yikes.

Praying for a nice looking z50 next.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 12:11 PM
    Windermere specs and pics leaked. 1 year old hardware in a case designed 10 years ago.

Yikes.

Posted via CB10
    I hope that it won't look like that, but I am excited about the capacitive frits between the keys.
    Corbu, bungaboy and Bacon Munchers like this.
    06-02-14 01:54 PM
    Good Grief!

So now we are waiting on a Z50?
    techvisor likes this.
    06-02-14 02:24 PM

Yikes.

Posted via CB10
    I am not liking Windermere form-factor too. Too wide, too big. Wish they had just used Q10 width and made it longer to give us bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 02:50 PM
    the stock just doesn't get enough momentum, almost back to where we were before that small pop ugh
    06-02-14 03:04 PM
    Jup.. too bad but I think the classic and BES10 will give us some higher numbers

Posted via CB10 for my beloved Z30 running 10.2.1.3175
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-02-14 03:07 PM
    I'm afraid it will remain like this till JC gives us some real numbers to chew on

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    06-02-14 03:27 PM
    Apple certainly copied a good number of BlackBerry things in its latest announcement. The glimpse location feature is one that frankly I will get some use out of since I have far more ios using friends than BBM using. And glimpse is useful for meeting up.

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 04:06 PM
    I am not liking Windermere form-factor too. Too wide, too big. Wish they had just used Q10 width and made it longer to give us bigger screen.

Posted via CB10

OT: Like this? LoL

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cricket-2-medium-.jpg
    06-02-14 04:08 PM
    OT: Like this? LoL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cricket-2 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	1612 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	275632
    hahahaha

That works
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-02-14 04:40 PM
    I'm afraid it will remain like this till JC gives us some real numbers to chew on

Posted via CB10
    I doubt that JC would bump up the survival chances from 50-50 to 80-20 without real numbers backing it up. Let's wait for the CC on the 19th and see what he has to say.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-02-14 05:43 PM
    I doubt that JC would bump up the survival chances from 50-50 to 80-20 without real numbers backing it up. Let's wait for the CC on the 19th and see what he has to say.
    Hope you're right

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 05:45 PM
    Didn't BlackBerry do something similar last June ER? Announced great uptake on Bes server installs/ adoption like a day or something before the cataclysmic ER? Ahhh, I don't what to think about BlackBerry these days.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    06-02-14 06:25 PM
    Last June it was TH. Now it is JC at the helm. That's all the differences I care to know.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-02-14 06:38 PM
    This is such complete and utter BS!

"At one point, Apple CEO Tim Cook noted that many of Apple’s newest customers had recently switched from Android-powered devices.

“They had bought an Android phone by mistake and then sought a better experience – and a better life.”"
    Corbu, rarsen and theRock1975 like this.
    06-02-14 06:45 PM
    Last June it was TH. Now it is JC at the helm. That's all the differences I care to know.
    It is amazing how everyone dumps on TH. TH did a lot of hard work during his tenure, he did damage as well but he do some positives. JC is definitely the better choice as a CEO for BlackBerry, but many many people loved the potential TH had brought to the office. TH started the ship's course change which should be noted as a terrible time to run a company. JC is finishing the course change and we will see the benefits, in time. We just need to be patient.

06-02-14 06:59 PM
    This is such complete and utter BS!

"At one point, Apple CEO Tim Cook noted that many of Apple�s newest customers had recently switched from Android-powered devices.

�They had bought an Android phone by mistake and then sought a better experience � and a better life.�"
    Yes. But he was preaching to the choir. A very easy sell.

A HUGE load of manure to anyone not of that faith.

06-02-14 07:01 PM
    Yes. But he was preaching to the choir. A very easy sell.

A HUGE load of manure to anyone not of that faith.

. . . . a better Life? Made me laugh.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    06-02-14 07:16 PM
113,250 ... 26352636263726382639 ...