702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    No Moosehead? WTF. LoL
    Ahh the good 'ol moose ****

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    05-30-14 05:21 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00000076.jpg

Me likes dis!

The BlackBerry AA forum

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    05-30-14 05:28 PM
    Just when you thought your world is safe? Lol
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0EA1ZT20140530

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy, zyben and morganplus8 like this.
    05-30-14 05:31 PM
    OT: speaking of isolated cases...these are in the garage.

BEER

Attachment 274853

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    Party at Shanerredflag house!

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    05-30-14 05:46 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000076.jpg 
Views:	1009 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	274861

Me likes dis!

The BlackBerry AA forum

You must be Polish or at least have been drinking with them. Very nice choice! Have a great time man!

Na zdrowie!
    Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    05-30-14 08:13 PM
    BB moved fast and issued a fix for Android....happy! I used WhatsApp and gah, it sucks.
    05-30-14 08:44 PM
    Is this ironic or what? I got this email from Google the Scroogle Super Snoopers!!!!

"It's been a year since Edward Snowden shocked the world with his deeply troubling revelations about the extent of U.S. government surveillance. As Google's Chief Legal Officer, I wanted to let you know that real surveillance reform now hangs in the balance in Washington.

Tweet at Senators Cornyn and Cruz to demand real, meaningful surveillance reform.

Two weeks ago the House of Representatives passed a bill called the USA FREEDOM Act. That bill was designed to prevent the bulk collection of Internet data (e.g., who you email and who emails you) by the U.S. government. This kind of surveillance — where data may be collected for no specific intelligence purpose and without effective judicial oversight — runs counter to our democratic principles.

Unfortunately, as the bill made its way through Congress, the text was watered down so badly that it will not prevent bulk Internet data collection. For example, as the bill stands today it could still permit the collection of email records from everyone who uses a particular email service. As the legislation moves over to the Senate, it is critical that this loophole be closed. We need real surveillance reform urgently.

Join me in demanding real, meaningful surveillance reform. Tell your senators you'll be watching and waiting:

https://takeaction.withgoogle.com/e/t/USA-FREEDOM-Act

More soon,

David Drummond
    Chief Legal Officer
    Google Inc."
    jxnb, sidhuk, zyben and 5 others like this.
    05-30-14 09:33 PM
    BB moved fast and issued a fix for Android....happy! I used WhatsApp and gah, it sucks.
    So what is your take on this new BBM experience? I know it is very hard to add people. I hope they made it easy.

05-30-14 09:54 PM
    Is this ironic or what? I got this email from Google the Scroogle Super Snoopers!!!!

"It's been a year since Edward Snowden shocked the world with his deeply troubling revelations about the extent of U.S. government surveillance. As Google's Chief Legal Officer, I wanted to let you know that real surveillance reform now hangs in the balance in Washington.

Tweet at Senators Cornyn and Cruz to demand real, meaningful surveillance reform.

Two weeks ago the House of Representatives passed a bill called the USA FREEDOM Act. That bill was designed to prevent the bulk collection of Internet data (e.g., who you email and who emails you) by the U.S. government. This kind of surveillance � where data may be collected for no specific intelligence purpose and without effective judicial oversight � runs counter to our democratic principles.

Unfortunately, as the bill made its way through Congress, the text was watered down so badly that it will not prevent bulk Internet data collection. For example, as the bill stands today it could still permit the collection of email records from everyone who uses a particular email service. As the legislation moves over to the Senate, it is critical that this loophole be closed. We need real surveillance reform urgently.

Join me in demanding real, meaningful surveillance reform. Tell your senators you'll be watching and waiting:

https://takeaction.withgoogle.com/e/t/USA-FREEDOM-Act

More soon,

David Drummond
    Chief Legal Officer
    Google Inc."
    Umm...am I "********" (no offense to the mentally challenged) or is that rhetorical?

bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    05-30-14 10:01 PM
    Umm...am I "********" (no offense to the mentally challenged) or is that rhetorical?

It is ok. It happens. LoL.
    How is the beer?
    05-30-14 10:06 PM
    You must be Polish or at least have been drinking with them. Very nice choice! Have a great time man!

Na zdrowie!
    Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    Hit the nail on the head. I have Polish friends!! . Dziekuje Bardzo

Ben

05-30-14 10:08 PM
    So what is your take on this new BBM experience? I know it is very hard to add people. I hope they made it easy.

First screen you get, BBM scans your phone contacts to see who's on BBM and gives you the option to add those who already have BBM.

Also gives you the option to invite the rest of your contacts to BBM, though this menu isn't great because it automatically selects all contacts and most people are likely to press next without reading the menu options...so you may send out a mass invite to your whole contact list by accident.
    Corbu, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    05-30-14 10:24 PM
    Last post on this, it is not an isolated case and as for buying the "real thing", I'm happy with my current device. Onus is on BB to provide a consistent messaging experience for all BBM, regardless of the platform.
    True, but perhaps BlackBerry is dangling the carrot just a tad.
    sidhuk likes this.
    05-31-14 01:03 AM
    In random weekend news, I had a look at some 4K TVs yesterday, the picture quality really is amazing... I was about to buy one and then... I remember that unless I watched the demo disc on loop there is virtually no content... maybe in a couple of years.
    Superfly_FR and CDM76 like this.
    05-31-14 03:00 AM
    OT: Weekend musings...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-anti-social-early-1900s.jpg
    05-31-14 08:25 AM
    OT: Weekend musings...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	anti-social-as-the-early-1900s.jpg 
Views:	953 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	274982
    Lol...the more we change, the more we really stay the same

Corbu, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    05-31-14 08:31 AM
    Even former NSA chief Michael Hayden doesn’t use a BlackBerry | Financial Post

BTW, you've got to love those FP headlines... I wonder what type of cellphone the copy editor is using...

Despite the scenes in the televised spy-thriller series Homeland, where agents Carrie Mathison and director Saul Berenson talk covertly by cellphone, former CIA director Gen. Michael Hayden says he never used one during the three years he headed up the U.S. security agency.

“The most unbelievable part of Homeland is the cellphones. No, no way,” Mr. Hayden said in an interview.

Communications are done “in person, or through secure hardened networks,” he said.

And now that he is using a smartphone after leaving public life, it isn’t a BlackBerry — long favoured by many business and government users for its security services.

“I have an iPhone… I like the features,” said Mr. Hayden, who also served as NSA director from 1999-2005.

BlackBerry’s core customer base has been business and government users, who turned to the smartphone for its physical keyboard and security features.

But the Waterloo, Ont.-based company has been losing market share to Apple and Android devices. It’s expected to have 0.8% of the market it pioneered this year, and just 0.3% by 2018, according to IDC.

Mr. Hayden said the BlackBerry has “baked in a heightened level of security from the beginning” and has an “inherent advantage” over other devices, but: “I bought an iPhone. What more can I say?”

The four-star general is now retired, but continues to work on security issues as a principal at security consultancy Chertoff Group.

He is also a regular commentator on national security issues, often rebuking former NSA contractor Edward Snowden for leaking documents that detail the inner workings of the surveillance system Mr. Hayden helped create.

But opting to use a smartphone exposes Mr. Hayden to another kind of surveillance: the culling of personal location data for marketing purposes. The signals emitted by Wi-fi and Bluetooth-enabled smartphones can be detected and tracked by sensors to develop profiles and better target customers.

It’s a practice that he calls a “far more invasive” and “broad” collection of data than what Canadian and U.S. authorities are allowed to do.

Mr. Hayden describes an instance when he was checking his iPhone while sitting in the back of a taxi in Washington, D.C., when a coupon was emailed to him for a restaurant.

“I look through the windshield of the car, and I can see the restaurant that they’re advertising to me,” Mr. Hayden said.

Currently, marketers using these sensors in stores and other public areas don’t need consent to capture this anonymous data, but Mr. Hayden says this should change.

“We have not yet had the adult conversation as to what we find acceptable for the convenience and the empowerment that it gives, at the expense of what level of privacy,” he said.
    05-31-14 08:45 AM
    Even former NSA chief Michael Hayden doesn�t use a BlackBerry | Financial Post

BTW, you've got to love those FP headlines... I wonder what type of cellphone the copy editor is using...
    Editor was scraping the bottom of the barrel for news stories today me thinks

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 09:04 AM
    In random weekend news, I had a look at some 4K TVs yesterday, the picture quality really is amazing... I was about to buy one and then... I remember that unless I watched the demo disc on loop there is virtually no content... maybe in a couple of years.
    I also looked at 4K TVs at the Corporate Sony House in Tokyo in October 2012, while on a business trip. Got in the lineup for my turn with the basics of a car controlling speed pedal and steering wheel with the scenery being 4K large screen image. It was so real going in multi-turns high mountain driving, that I became dizzy. Yes we may have to wait a few years to have 4K technology readily available, but extremely realistic. I initially become interested in HD TV in 1993 during another business trip in the same city but at the science museum. Noting that I presently have a Panasonic HD 54 in. TV professionally calibrated and I am still impressed by the image on it.

Note: Travelling to London with the wife in second week of September, are you aware of any major electronic event in the city in that time period?
    Last edited by rarsen; 05-31-14 at 11:01 AM. Reason: grammer
    05-31-14 09:14 AM
    More and more and more . . .

B.C. court approves class-action lawsuit against Facebook

Social-media giant Facebook faces a class-action lawsuit after a B.C. Supreme court judge approved the legal action by a Vancouver woman over one of the firm’s advertising products.

Justice Susan Griffin says enough evidence exists to support allegations made by Louise Douez that the Facebook program titled Sponsored Stories used the names and images of members without their consent.

B.C. court approves class-action lawsuit against Facebook - The Globe and Mail
    rarsen, sidhuk, JLagoon and 5 others like this.
    05-31-14 09:25 AM
    Mr. Hayden said the BlackBerry has “baked in a heightened level of security from the beginning” and has an “inherent advantage” over other devices, but: “I bought an iPhone. What more can I say?”

Well . . . how about . . . you got **** for brains. Seems to fit nicely.
    morganplus8, sidhuk, zyben and 6 others like this.
    05-31-14 09:28 AM
    Mr. Hayden said the BlackBerry has �baked in a heightened level of security from the beginning� and has an �inherent advantage� over other devices, but: �I bought an iPhone. What more can I say?�

Well . . . how about . . . you got **** for brains. Seems to fit nicely.
    Maybe all his friends peer pressured him :P

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 09:40 AM
    I feed my RAM Cummins diesel with . . . .
    Attachment 274622
    The other day you cost me 11 bucks for 3 nice micro usb blackberry chargers. They are very good.
    Seems like you gonna cost me another 60k now. The Fiat diesel makes sense on the limited edition. Gonna check it out and trade in F150.
    This stock better hit $100 in near future. LoL

Edit for the troll. I am not depending on any stock.
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    05-31-14 10:20 AM
    The other day you cost me 11 bucks for 3 nice micro usb blackberry chargers. They are very good.
    Seems like you gonna cost me another 60k now. The Fiat diesel makes sense on the limited edition. Gonna check it out and trade in F150.
    This stock better hit $100 in near future. LoL

Edit for the troll. I am not depending on any stock.
    Nice rig. Add a few options and up to ~$72K, LoL
    sidhuk likes this.
    05-31-14 10:51 AM
    I think it was one of the main Sony guys who said recently that the 4K format is 5-7 years from full adoption. I would have to agree especially with the focus that is being put on streaming content and services for 4K TVs. The broadband infrastructure needs to be built up in order to support the streaming of such large content. As well, ISPs need to push out faster speeds and higher monthly caps in order for users to actually be able to stream 4K content.
    rarsen likes this.
    05-31-14 10:59 AM
113,256 ... 26332634263526362637 ...