View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Can the slow adoption rate be attributed to the poor experience? Or could the user base be dropping because of this? These are questions that one should ask. They announced BBM-X in May 2013 and it became available in Oct 2013. One would have hoped things would be at a level where you can have a decent user experience.
    Slow adoption rate and this is due to a number of things:

1. Experience
    2. Tarnished brand image
    3. Perspective

The fascinating thing is, A LOT of people knew about BBM's cross platform news, even so much that we had 10 million downloads in one day.

It's not that people don't know BBM exists on iOS and Android, the image surrounding BlackBerry today and even back in May 2013 is that "BlackBerry is dead" or "BlackBerry is dying"

Now, the media jumped on the cross platform news but only from a negative perspective hence the sort of negative and slow adoption rate from customers. Why? Because in people's minds right now, BlackBerry is dying so BlackBerry has panicked and gone and released BBM for iOS and Android.

As far as the consumer is concerned, they don't want to associate themselves with a un-popular product.

Being 21 and surrounded by peers using iPhones and Android devices, I can bet my left nut they only bought them devices because it was what everyone else was buying.

BlackBerry needs to tell people why they should be using BBM and not have them expect people to jump on the horse like it's 2008 and Kevin just got the Bold 9000 a week before launch.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 11:08 AM
    All we can hope for is some good z3 number and bbm uptake with further cost reduction any sales numbers better then last qtr will signal we have hit the bottom and are on the way back up. If numbers are even slightly better on the revenue we will be a nice bump on SP
    I am not so sure they will be giving us the Z3 numbers unless they are really good. Lots at stake for these number to be good.
    techvisor likes this.
    05-30-14 12:02 PM
    I am not so sure they will be giving us the Z3 numbers unless they are really good. Lots at stake for these number to be good.
    It will, at the very least, be asked during the question period. They may skirt the question or answer it but it will, or "should" give a general idea as to how it went/is going.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    05-30-14 12:38 PM
    It will, at the very least, be asked during the question period. They may skirt the question or answer it but it will, or "should" give a general idea as to how it went/is going.
    "Z3 sales? No comment." That should suffice and nobody should read anything further into it.
    05-30-14 12:41 PM
    "Z3 sales? No comment." That should suffice and nobody should read anything further into it.
    The chances of them answering that question with a "no comments" are 10/90.
    Corbu, sidhuk, dusdal and 6 others like this.
    05-30-14 12:44 PM
    IMHO answering a question about sales with "no comment" or "we don't have all the data" is a negative response and will be interpreted that way.

I believed and still do that Mr Chen has a sales report on his desk every evening of what the numbers are at the end of the day, if not real time at any given time.

How do we know the iPhone sales on the first weekend. The Galaxy S5 numbers after the first 30 days. But the BlackBerry CEO has no idea how many Z3's were sold since launch. Not possible.
    05-30-14 01:18 PM
    [for W.S] Z3 sales are hyper-light weighted against BES figures, if you ask me. In a simplistic/wet finger way, I'd tend to estimate the "one shot" margin on a Z3 made by Foxconn to +/- 10% (I believe I'm even optimistic++). Now on a per device BES10 CAL fee ... I'd bet for a +/- 70% annually reccurent margin.
    See what I mean ?

Edit: sorry, the $ values are probably wrong, correct me ... or ignore them; the point is the % of margins and the reccurrence.

re-edit : I've cleared the $ values
    05-30-14 01:20 PM
    A "no comment" response to Z3 sales would be read as catastrophic to too many. For other manufacturers no comment would be met with indifference. However, there are still many who would take advantage of anything to drive the stock price down, and that would be a perfect opportunity for them. I'm not saying they need to give exact numbers, but saying "north of 100,000 units in x length of time", or the like will give even the neutral parties something positive to say. And the negative ones will have less to hold on to.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    05-30-14 01:23 PM
    [for W.S] Z3 sales are hyper-light weighted against BES figures, if you ask me. In a simplistic/wet finger way, I'd tend to estimate the "one shot" margin on a $200 Z3 made by Foxconn to +/- $20 (10%, I believe I'm even optimistic++). Now on a $10 per device BES10 CAL ... I'd bet for a +/- 70% annual reccuring margin.
    See what I mean ?
    "Now on a $10 per device BES10 CAL ... I'd bet for a +/- 70% [B]annual reccuring"
    No bear wants to hear that.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    05-30-14 01:23 PM
    No bear wants to hear that.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    lol, you've made my $values back ... please, all, note that this was a fast-and-dirty evaluation (thus removed)

Edit : while at it, flood your social accounts (I love the "threw [...] competitors licenses" part !)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 3 others like this.
    05-30-14 01:31 PM
    LOL! That is funny.
    techvisor likes this.
    05-30-14 02:20 PM
    I think with the 80/20 comment chen better come out with a good report come june 21st or the stock will get killed
    techvisor likes this.
    05-30-14 02:23 PM
    50/50 chance to 80/20 chance...surely are statement of confidence..i dont think CEO will make a statement if he dont have any valid points to back him up..especially only weeks away before Q1 financial report release...

i think BB will record a profit this quarter, just because they are selling lot of assets they have...
    ... Heh, then you have not been around very long; see Thorston Heins' famous (infamous?) words.... just before our stock fell 35%.

Enough said. I think I am going to be sick.
    05-30-14 02:24 PM
    Sales for the Z3 won't be fascinating, but analysts won't be predicting anything out of the ordinary, so providing BlackBerry post better than expected sales with guidance for the next future, I don't see why this quarter would be all bad.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 02:46 PM
    ... Heh, then you have not been around very long; see Thorston Heins' famous (infamous?) words.... just before our stock fell 35%.

Enough said. I think I am going to be sick.
    Actually, most of 2013 makes me ill. Well at least up till Nov.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 02:50 PM
    OT:
    Since this pretty good week is almost over, let me jump the gun with this fine piece of work for all the car aficionados out there!

1956 was a pretty good year...

05-30-14 03:08 PM
    Yes and so is the "BBM connected" function. Essentially BBM gets disconnected when the app is closed. Others experiencing the same.
    Isolated case(!)?

If not, even more reason to just buy the real thing.
    05-30-14 03:12 PM
    New sign at the entrance to Cape Breton.

Attachment 274650
    You from there?

I should have known; you being so nice and everything.

bungaboy, Corbu, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    05-30-14 03:15 PM
    You from there?

I should have known; you being so nice and everything.

I live in Cape Breton, yes. And I am nice as well.
    05-30-14 03:26 PM
    Final Dyno.pdf

OT: for the go fast crowd. Have an awesome weekend chaps.....
    05-30-14 04:04 PM
    Isolated case(!)?

If not, even more reason to just buy the real thing.
    Last post on this, it is not an isolated case and as for buying the "real thing", I'm happy with my current device. Onus is on BB to provide a consistent messaging experience for all BBM, regardless of the platform.
    Corbu and techvisor like this.
    05-30-14 04:19 PM
    OT: speaking of isolated cases...these are in the garage.

BEER

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140530_154348.jpg

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 05-30-14 at 05:03 PM.
    05-30-14 04:44 PM
    Final Dyno.pdf

OT: for the go fast crowd. Have an awesome weekend chaps.....
    The vertical axis on the right side should show ($x1000) LoL
    05-30-14 05:08 PM
    OT: speaking of isolated cases...these are in the garage.

BEER

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140530_154348.jpg 
Views:	1287 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	274853

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    No Moosehead? WTF. LoL
    05-30-14 05:09 PM
    No Moosehead? WTF. LoL
    No one need more than one (MOOSEHEAD) after drinking? LoL