View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Thanks for that...looks like they are listening and making it easier to use for the iOS crowd.

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    Don't tell me they are dumbing it down?
    Shanerredflag, sidhuk and rarsen like this.
    05-29-14 08:46 PM
    Update was great until it screwed things up big time. BBM is no longer connected when the app is closed, hence no BBMs come through.
    Push notifications still enabled?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 09:05 PM
    Push notifications still enabled?

Posted via CB10
    Yes and so is the "BBM connected" function. Essentially BBM gets disconnected when the app is closed. Others experiencing the same.
    05-29-14 09:37 PM
    Yes and so is the "BBM connected" function. Essentially BBM gets disconnected when the app is closed. Others experiencing the same.
    Try a reboot

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 09:41 PM
    New sign at the entrance to Cape Breton.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-cape-breton-sheep-3-bb.jpg
    05-29-14 09:59 PM
    Truck made me give up cars and Suv s. Nothing else can give truck feelings. Although, I am looking forward to 2015 aluminum body Ford with ecoboost. I have ecoboost truck right now and it is great motor.
    No wonder that Truck guys act the same. Lol

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    I have a Tundra (that thing is a beast), but I am still a sports car guy. I understand what mean though.

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-14 10:47 PM
    Kept some really good beauties my self. Although it started because of business status. It put investors on ease when they saw million bucks cars in front of the office.
    Once I didn't need investors, I must admit that thrill was gone too.
    Back to Trucks now. But still use my radar though. LoL. Old habit from fast and furious cars.

05-29-14 11:26 PM
    Dear Gang, I said it before and saying it again this is the best map app for bb10 because it is offline free fast map app. I love it. Cheers.
    http://crackberry.com/navfree-adds-s...-new-maps-well
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140529_233558.jpg

05-30-14 12:01 AM
    Update was great until it screwed things up big time. BBM is no longer connected when the app is closed, hence no BBMs come through.
    "
    Almost immediately after the Android BBM update became live, some of our neighboring BlackBerry bloggers started to complain that the update was broken on their Android phones.

So we decided to test it for ourselves. Normally I?m frustrated by the fact that you can?t spit without hitting someone with an android phone, but this time, it actually came in handy. Myself, BBJoe2011, and Undbiter were able to get our hands on family member?s android devices. We were able to test on a Samsung Galaxy, a Moto X, and a Sony Xperia. And yes, there is a difference in the new update. But I wouldn?t call it a bug. Here?s what happened?.

If you are like the majority of people out there, and don?t close your android apps, and just press the home button to move on to the home screen and next app, then you shall see no difference with the Android BBM update.

However, if you actually close your apps, by going in to your running apps, and closing it down, you shall see the difference that has a few people in an uproar.

The little BBM icon up on the top of your screen? That will go away. Prior to this update, it did not.

And people that send you a message, will initially see a grey checkmark. And your first message will take a little longer to reach you. By about a minute and a half. But it will come every time.

Is this ideal? No. Is it terrible? Well, it depends, if you?re used to BBM on BlackBerry, yeah, it?s pretty bad. If you?re used to Whatsapp, or any messenger on iOS, then this is an amazingly fast app.

So again, a terrible bug? I wouldn?t call it that. If anything, it might be embarrassing for an android user when their friends send them a message, and�for about 90 seconds see a grey checkmark?. and suddenly think their friend has switched over to iPhone.�By now, we are all used to seeing that grey check mark on our iPhone�friends.

Again, this only affects you if you completely close BBM, and even then, it?s only the first message after you�close it. Calm down everyone. Everything is ok. No reason to feed the trolls and try to drive down stock prices"
    http://utbblogs.com/bbm/android-bbm-is-not-broken/

05-30-14 12:06 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-w.jpg
    We can see in the weekly chart above, that if the price continues the upside move, the next major resistance level will be the $8.22 to $8,49 zone. The $7 level is once again the major support. From now on, any upside move must be accompanied with great volume. Without the volume the uptrend isn't going to last.
    Shanerredflag and zyben like this.
    05-30-14 03:25 AM
    I just listened to JC's interview at Code/Conference (again). Hilarious question from the interviewer on the Internet of things:

Q: But my phone needs to be secured, does my house really need to be secured???
    JC: Oh yes you do.
    Q: Oh.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 03:51 AM
    You feed your RAM cummin's do ya?

Guys, if you are posting your cars I will too....

This is the best car in the world AND running QNX!! :-)The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-audi-rs6-avant-fahrbericht-bild-24.jpg
    05-30-14 04:34 AM
    OT (but we're almost (bridge) in holidays here).
    I went fool yesterday ... and I bought this (bc a 33% off offer)
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-sony-kd65x9005_3qg_1200.jpg

This Sony UHD 65" beast loved my Z30 OTA (miracast/wifidirect) features ... #kidInTheCandyStore
    05-30-14 05:56 AM
    4" diameter . . . . . exhaust
    Freud would suggest that you are compensating...LOL

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 06:14 AM
    Freud would suggest that you are compensating...LOL

Posted via CB10
    Bhahaha....

sidhuk likes this.
    05-30-14 06:34 AM
    "
    Almost immediately after the Android BBM update became live, some of our neighboring BlackBerry bloggers started to complain that the update was broken on their Android phones.

So we decided to test it for ourselves. Normally I?m frustrated by the fact that you can?t spit without hitting someone with an android phone, but this time, it actually came in handy. Myself, BBJoe2011, and Undbiter were able to get our hands on family member?s android devices. We were able to test on a Samsung Galaxy, a Moto X, and a Sony Xperia. And yes, there is a difference in the new update. But I wouldn?t call it a bug. Here?s what happened?.

If you are like the majority of people out there, and don?t close your android apps, and just press the home button to move on to the home screen and next app, then you shall see no difference with the Android BBM update.

However, if you actually close your apps, by going in to your running apps, and closing it down, you shall see the difference that has a few people in an uproar.

The little BBM icon up on the top of your screen? That will go away. Prior to this update, it did not.

And people that send you a message, will initially see a grey checkmark. And your first message will take a little longer to reach you. By about a minute and a half. But it will come every time.

Is this ideal? No. Is it terrible? Well, it depends, if you?re used to BBM on BlackBerry, yeah, it?s pretty bad. If you?re used to Whatsapp, or any messenger on iOS, then this is an amazingly fast app.

So again, a terrible bug? I wouldn?t call it that. If anything, it might be embarrassing for an android user when their friends send them a message, and�for about 90 seconds see a grey checkmark?. and suddenly think their friend has switched over to iPhone.�By now, we are all used to seeing that grey check mark on our iPhone�friends.

Again, this only affects you if you completely close BBM, and even then, it?s only the first message after you�close it. Calm down everyone. Everything is ok. No reason to feed the trolls and try to drive down stock prices"
    http://utbblogs.com/bbm/android-bbm-is-not-broken/

Sorry but that is silly. Let's blame the user for having an Android or iOS, where the experience is suffering. Fact is the experience was fine before the update and now it has gotten worse. There are many options for users out there and BBM cannot make the experience worse if it wants to maintain the active user base and be a competitor in messaging space. Somehow complaining about experience getting worse than makes someone a troll? Alright then.

Let's accept the fact that the BBM-X isn't where it should be and BB should be working hard to make it better.
    05-30-14 06:35 AM
    Bhahaha....

I turned 40 this year, so I am trying to squeeze in these jokes before I start to feel conscious about it...LOL

BTW: I have a sports car a 4" exhaust too. When people asked me about it, I said "the turbocharger needed that big exhaust!"
    05-30-14 08:30 AM
    And we're off.

Lets see what 80% confidence does on day 2.

With 3 weeks until numbers come out, we've got some room to grow now.
    05-30-14 08:32 AM
    Sorry but that is silly. Let's blame the user for having an Android or iOS, where the experience is suffering. Fact is the experience was fine before the update and now it has gotten worse. There are many options for users out there and BBM cannot make the experience worse if it wants to maintain the active user base and be a competitor in messaging space. Somehow complaining about experience getting worse than makes someone a troll? Alright then.

Let's accept the fact that the BBM-X isn't where it should be and BB should be working hard to make it better.
    I don't think he was blaming the user, per se. Everybody gets used to how things are and. Generally, are resistant to change. The changes that they found will be vilified by some and praised by others. Seems hour was saying depending upon which type of android user they are. The negative comments were about those who jumped into the "it's a bug / horrible camp". When really it is just a change.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    sidhuk, bungaboy and canuckvoip like this.
    05-30-14 08:37 AM
    And we're off.

All we can hope for is some good z3 number and bbm uptake with further cost reduction any sales numbers better then last qtr will signal we have hit the bottom and are on the way back up. If numbers are even slightly better on the revenue we will be a nice bump on SP
    BlackistheBerry and Mr BBRY like this.
    05-30-14 09:19 AM
    And we're off.

Quiet volume, playing +/- with the opening SP ... 10:3x AM ... let's see
    05-30-14 09:34 AM
    Now we have a new check point (was it 800K before ?) :
    World’s Leading Businesses are Secure with BlackBerry: Over 1 Million Licenses Issued through EZ Pass

Nice. #keepGoing !
    World’s Leading Businesses are Secure with BlackBerry: Over 1 Million Licenses Issued through EZ Pass | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    05-30-14 10:03 AM
    I can confirm the "bug" (not sure if you can call it a bug) after the Android update. Once you close the app, the message delivers a minute later, voice call doesn't work until that message is delivered (the voice call icon stays grey for the most part). The experience on iOS, I know the iOS hasn't received the update yet, but the experience is not so good, the messages only get delivered if the app is turned on, that includes voice calls. Even then, I couldn't ring my brother, (greyed out) but he could ring me.

Not the best experience, quite frankly, I'm disappointed. When you're discussing BBM from BlackBerry to BlackBerry and the experience is the best.

However, ironically, the slow adoption rate of users using BBM works in BlackBerry's favour in the short term whilst they iron out the bugs and make the experience up to par with BlackBerry to BlackBerry. I can't begin to imagine if BlackBerry fully began to advertise BBM on mediums such as TV, the Internet and billboards and an update like this hit more users than we have now.
    05-30-14 10:07 AM
    I can confirm the "bug" (not sure if you can call it a bug) after the Android update. Once you close the app, the message delivers a minute later, voice call doesn't work until that message is delivered (the voice call icon stays grey for the most part). The experience on iOS, I know the iOS hasn't received the update yet, but the experience is not so good, the messages only get delivered if the app is turned on, that includes voice calls. Even then, I couldn't ring my brother, (greyed out) but he could ring me.

Not the best experience, quite frankly, I'm disappointed. When you're discussing BBM from BlackBerry to BlackBerry and the experience is the best.

However, ironically, the slow adoption rate of users using BBM works in BlackBerry's favour in the short term whilst they iron out the bugs and make the experience up to par with BlackBerry to BlackBerry. I can't begin to imagine if BlackBerry fully began to advertise BBM on mediums such as TV, the Internet and billboards and an update like this hit more users than we have now.
    Can the slow adoption rate be attributed to the poor experience? Or could the user base be dropping because of this? These are questions that one should ask. They announced BBM-X in May 2013 and it became available in Oct 2013. One would have hoped things would be at a level where you can have a decent user experience.
    silversun10, Corbu and techvisor like this.
    05-30-14 10:45 AM
    Now we have a new check point (was it 800K before ?) :
    World’s Leading Businesses are Secure with BlackBerry: Over 1 Million Licenses Issued through EZ Pass

Nice. #keepGoing !
    World’s Leading Businesses are Secure with BlackBerry: Over 1 Million Licenses Issued through EZ Pass | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog
    I like this quote from a comment:
    "BlackBerry 10 has also been regarded as one of the most Intellectual, Instinctive, Elegant, Fluid, Advanced, Multitasking & Multimedia Mobile Operating System ever created in the World to date."
    05-30-14 10:57 AM
113,250 ... 26312632263326342635 ...