View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    When you play poker, I'm guessing that you get pretty mad when you lose a hand on a bad beat. Remind me not to advise you to shove all your chips in when you are ahead 80/20 with one card left to see on the board.
    When I'm playing poker, and have a great hand, I will toss more into the pot as the odds are in my favour. If I loose, then I was wrong. See.... right back to the original point. Oh, and I don't take others advice while playing poker

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 04:47 PM
    It's been recalled already. LoL

I'm RAM guy. My F150 is my Girly Truck! LoL
    LOL...well I'm getting one anyway . I'm sick of driving my big three quarter ton all the time..going to park on the RV pad and use just to tow...little one will be my daily driver.

OH...and it has the latest batch of QNX goodies in her too

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    La Emperor, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    05-29-14 04:54 PM
    Bank of America to release BlackBerry 10 app

Bank of America will be releasing a BlackBerry 10 app, our sources say by tomorrow, the app will include all mobile features except mobile check deposits, such a big feature, hope they bring it in eventually.

No word if they will be porting it over from their Android build or if it will be a native BlackBerry 10 app, once the app becomes available in BlackBerry World we will add the download link here as well.

Should be available via same link though, tomorrow. If you are able to get the app via BlackBerry World already let us know in the comments below!

Bank of America to release BlackBerry 10 app - BlackBerry Empire
    05-29-14 05:00 PM
    Younger consumers love all kinds of apps, and Blackberry runs 98% of all the Android apps. All Blackberry die-hards know they can run Android apps. - John Chen

If the one Android app you really wanted doesn't run on Blackberry then was John Chen wrong?
    techvisor likes this.
    05-29-14 05:05 PM
    LOL...well I'm getting one anyway . I'm sick of driving my big three quarter ton all the time..going to park on the RV pad and use just to tow...little one will be my daily driver.

OH...and it has the latest batch of QNX goodies in her too

I am eyeing the new RAM 1500 diesel for a daily driver.

2014 Ram 1500 is Motor Trend's 2014 Truck of the Year
    Shanerredflag, Mr BBRY and sidhuk like this.
    05-29-14 05:05 PM
    Speaking of QNX and GM...we looked at Volvo's, MB, Subarus and even a Mazda over the last couple weeks...none and I mean none had skins as nice or well thought out as GM. I'm sure they will all catch up but here is what they have accomplished :

05-29-14 05:12 PM

While we are OT AH... I too am a RAM (Cummins Diesel) guy. The '14 1500 diesel looks awesome and is your best bet if you can't handle the size
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140504_161420.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 05:33 PM
    American cats are too big, and that is all I have to say in that!

Posted via CB10
    jxnb likes this.
    05-29-14 05:38 PM

Truck made me give up cars and Suv s. Nothing else can give truck feelings. Although, I am looking forward to 2015 aluminum body Ford with ecoboost. I have ecoboost truck right now and it is great motor.
    No wonder that Truck guys act the same. Lol

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    05-29-14 05:39 PM
    Lenovo has Motorola, can't see why BlackBerry would be involved with them. I think if the Android route is the option, that would mean that BB10 will be killed. They can't have BB10 and Android operate together. Sure they can make the UI look like BB10 but it will be Android code, not BB10.

Imo, they should go Android full-on and make it enterprise ready. Be the only Android phone that enterprises will take on. Android may be dominating the consumer space but not so much in enterprise.

Google recently acquired a company that creates the two environment space in Android, personal and work, just like BB10. Maybe BlackBerry can offer the full Android secure experience supported by the BB infrastructure and enterprises services.
    Thanks for your comment.

The scenario I described would allow them to continue to build highly-secure BlackBerry devices running BB10 through Foxconn which are still required by some governments and enterprises and which can't be replaced by less secure devices built by Lenovo/... running Android on the other end (but perhaps built in a U.S. factory with a BlackBerry logo if we're talking about this specific Motorola example?). I don't believe BlackBerry is willing to take on the risk to build yet another handset, this time running Android, while most of their focus should be towards selling services instead of selling handsets to allow Google sell their services.

I agree that BlackBerry should be smart and be one step ahead since Google recently purchased this MDM 'Workspace' player, but aren't they already offering a secure workspace for Android? If not, 1) would they really need to adopt Android for their handsets and 2)would opting for less security, Android, on their handsets not hurt more than it would favor them if this would really mean ditching BB10.

It would be a shame if you ask me. Not being stubborn here, but it's a great platform perhaps missing a few applications. And since they're building the whole Internet of things on the ultra-secure QNX philosophy.. it would definitely make me wonder :-) Anyway, all we're doing is guessing. JC is probably nodding 'no' while reading this.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 05:42 PM
    Thanks for your comment.

The scenario I described would allow them to continue to build highly-secure BlackBerry devices running BB10 through Foxconn which are still required by some governments and enterprises and which can't be replaced by less secure devices built by Lenovo/... running Android on the other end (but perhaps built in a U.S. factory with a BlackBerry logo if we're talking about this specific Motorola example?). I don't believe BlackBerry is willing to take on the risk to build yet another handset, this time running Android, while most of their focus should be towards selling services instead of selling handsets to allow Google sell their services.

I agree that BlackBerry should be smart and be one step ahead since Google recently purchased this MDM 'Workspace' player, but aren't they already offering a secure workspace for Android? If not, 1) would they really need to adopt Android for their handsets and 2)would opting for less security, Android, on their handsets not hurt more than it would favor them if this would really mean ditching BB10.

It would be a shame if you ask me. Not being stubborn here, but it's a great platform perhaps missing a few applications. And since they're building the whole Internet of things on the ultra-secure QNX philosophy.. it would definitely make me wonder :-) Anyway, all we're doing is guessing. JC is probably nodding 'no' while reading this.

Posted via CB10
    If I may interject here, I don't really think that we'll see an "Android" BlackBerry. What I can see, however, is a dualboot device. Since they're already able to run the Android runtime from within BB10, I wonder (and now this is just me thinking of possibilities that probably have no basis in realiy) if they would be able to make it like BB Balance. Swipe down to switch to Android like you would if you were going to the work partition. Now that would be a welcome move, in my opinion.
    05-29-14 06:01 PM
    While we are OT AH... I too am a RAM (Cummins Diesel) guy. The '14 1500 diesel looks awesome and is your best bet if you can't handle the size
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140504_161420.jpg 
Views:	833 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	274618

Posted via CB10
    I feed my RAM Cummins diesel with . . . .
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-september-5-2009-02-1024x768-.jpg
    05-29-14 06:09 PM
    I feed my RAM Cummins diesel with . . . .
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	September 5, 2009  02 [1024x768].JPG 
Views:	730 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	274622
    You feed your RAM cummin's do ya?
    05-29-14 06:12 PM
    Hi Morgan!!

What can you make of JC's comment (or hesitation) when asked whether they're considering building an android-based handset. I believe his response was "if there's enough money on the table". If I remember correctly he also stated they could survive without the handset business if supporting an entire ecosystem would no longer be feasible. His responses surprised me as you'd expect him to promote BB10 with the upcoming Classic and Windermere devices.. since the risk is mostly off their books right now through the Foxconn deal? IMO of course. Maybe we'll see a licensing deal after all? Cash for patents and allow Lenovo to build android-based BlackBerry handsets? I read somewhere that chances are now 80/20 in BlackBerry's favour which makes me believe a deal is in the works that will drastically increase their chances.. or he was seriously low-balling before. Because last time I checked BES12, e-BBM,.. was still in the works :-) or they're selling lots of stickers of course.

Disclaimer: the above contains lots of speculation.

Posted via CB10
    Hi _dimi_!!

I'll try to answer your question again, CB decided to wipe out my entire response to you! Nice .......................

I'm with you on this, Chen has been to the school of "media fluffing" and he is now telling them exactly what they want to hear. It is safe to say that BlackBerry would move toward any venture that has a profitable out-come to it. Within the walls of the BlackBerry Brand, they really don't need to look beyond BB 10.3 and BES12 as you so rightfully pointed out, but the media wants to hear that BlackBerry can be all things to everybody, even though Chen has clearly stated that Enterprise is where BlackBerry makes it's bed in the near-term. I would think that business isn't crying out for an Android solution right now unless it involves BES12. I like the statement that Chen made about 98% of Android software being a part of the BlackBerry library of resources. ECO System down, hardware to go ................................

My personal take is that BlackBerry is working on a full menu of BlackBerry products, they nailed down the risk adverse hardware component of the business model with Foxconn and now it's time to bring Security to the masses and we'll see a trifecta of phones, security and plans in place within a few short months. Chen is a master at dealing with the media now, he has the added advantage of knowing how well BlackBerry is doing now, his plan is working, and I see this as part of his growth in confidence. We could easily see a major "beat" in the next ER, wouldn't surprise me a bit and that's why today's stock price is dirt cheap. Any company with BB's asset base and growth within just one sector will be trading much higher in the months ahead.

You and I know that BB 10.3 rocks, you only have to spend some time on iOS 7.1.1 to realize how much better BB 10.3 really is. BlackBerry will release far more updates for BB 10 than Apple ever could with their own dying product. I think Chen knows he is firing on all cylinders with a lean, mean company and they are capable of turning out product many times faster than their bloated competition. Right now I think Chen would answer affirmative to BB pot sales and prostitution if the media dare ask the question, just give them what they want to hear and keep moving on with the business plan.
    05-29-14 06:17 PM
    You feed your RAM cummin's do ya?
    4" diameter . . . . . exhaust
    05-29-14 06:20 PM
    Hi _dimi_!!

Right now I think Chen would answer affirmative to BB pot sales and prostitution if the media dare ask the question, just give them what they want to hear and keep moving on with the business plan.
    Imagine if the touch screen could be used as a scale for up to.... say... 28.3 grams
    05-29-14 06:28 PM
    Imagine if the touch screen could be used as a scale for up to.... say... 28.3 grams
    Now that's called street smart invention. LoL
    With built in lighter I guess?

05-29-14 06:35 PM
    Haha.. that should spark interest among youth

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 06:42 PM
    Now that's called street smart invention. LoL
    With built in lighter I guess?

There are cases that exist with built-in lighters! Not kidding :-)

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-14 06:43 PM
    4" diameter . . . . . exhaust
    I tell everyone it's 8!lol

cjcampbell, zyben, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    05-29-14 07:05 PM
    BBM 2.2 for iOS and Android coming today (Friday)

http://blackberryempire.com/bbm-v2.2...res-emoticons/

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, morganplus8, zyben and 12 others like this.
    05-29-14 07:08 PM
    BBM 2.2 for iOS and Android coming today (Friday)

http://blackberryempire.com/bbm-v2.2...res-emoticons/

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for that...looks like they are listening and making it easier to use for the iOS crowd.

zyben, sidhuk, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    05-29-14 07:13 PM
    Jlagoon or Morgan.
    can you please take few minutes of your precious time and put out a fresh chart of bbry please. some of us diffusional loonytoons would appreciate it in advance. thanks
    Hi Sidhuk, Morgan, and all:

Here are my updated BBRY charts. Wednesday close resulted in a hammer candle, a sign of trend reversal and exhaustion in trading pressure. Line E is shown as pretty solid support line. After a good amount of days of trading sideways with testing of $7.2x - $7.3x range, the stock needed to make a move. The news that John Chen released helps certainly. Although, as Morgan said, it would have been great to see a close above MA50. So, MA50 is the next resistance to break, and then MA200, $9, and $10. The daily chart has a good amount of room left for upside, before it takes a rest.

The move today is also a start of the resolution of the inverse head and shoulders pattern with the goal of $16 - $17. Hopefully, in the next 3 months. No guarantee of course, but it is in alignment with John Chen's projection of reaching break even or profitable. Now that he said that Blackberry is in the tail end of restructuring process, the market and we, longs, have more confidence to see more value in the company. We still have a long way to go, but I have confidence that Blackberry will survive, and its valuation will be reflected in the SP accordingly.

More notes in the charts.

Daily:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-d-05292014-.jpg

Daily Extended:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-d-extended-05292014.jpg

30 Minute:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-05-29-7.49.42-pm.jpg

News for others, who missed it:
    BlackBerry CEO: Apple's iPhone 6 might be a positive thing
    05-29-14 07:20 PM
    New Intel Products, Investments and Research for Connected Cars and Autonomous Driving

To that end, Intel announced it will work with its subsidiary Wind River*, as well as with Green Hills Software*, Mobica*, Symphony Teleca*, QNX, and XSe*, to offer solutions and services to automakers adopting Intel In-Vehicle Solutions to ensure they can quickly deliver customized solutions to the market place.

Intel Puts Automotive Innovation into High Gear
    05-29-14 07:46 PM
    Update was great until it screwed things up big time. BBM is no longer connected when the app is closed, hence no BBMs come through.
    05-29-14 08:44 PM
113,256 ... 26302631263226332634 ...