View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Apple resting on its laurels:

"We don’t try to do too many things. We want to do a few really incredible things"

Ya, since 2007 what have they done. An iTouch. An iTouch with a phone to it. A bigger iPad. And their computers that get refreshed.

Yawn ..... This is why I say that Apple is going to be nothing in 10 years.

Easy to dismiss what they have done since 2007.... but then look at what BlackBerry has done since 2007.

Who knows if any of these companies will be around in 10 years? What's sad is right know BBRY is up 6.5% and AAPL is only up 1.7%, yet for Apple that's more of a change than BBRY shares are worth. I wouldn't go writing their epitaph just yet.
    05-29-14 01:24 PM

I wouldn't go writing their epitaph just yet.
    I wouldn't either, but it's equally silly that people been screaming "BlackBerry is dead" over the past few years. Some one even read a eulogy thanking BlackBerry for what it has done and wishing it rest in peace - on a national radio show.
    silversun10, sidhuk, Corbu and 3 others like this.
    05-29-14 01:41 PM
    Wow...decent day today.

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    05-29-14 02:02 PM
    BlackBerry set to prove market share doesn’t matter

Looking beyond the handheld

As Chen continues efforts to monetize BlackBerry’s expanded enterprise software and services universe, the company’s reliance on handheld revenue will no longer weigh as heavily on the bottom line. In fact, despite Chen’s assurances in April that BlackBerry remains committed to its devices business, investor response to the latest market share figures suggests they no longer correlate hardware sales to long-term success.

Indeed, when Re/Code’s Walt Mossberg yesterday asked Chen if BlackBerry could survive without its handset business, Chen said he could still “create a lot of value for [the] shareholder even without the handset business.”

In betting more closely on corporate-heavy products and services offerings that no longer depend exclusively on selling the smartphone as the basis for building and maintaining revenue, Chen is rendering the smartphone market share question virtually moot. This sets the stage for a time when BlackBerry devices themselves may finally slip into history.

There’s no reason to doubt IDC’s numbers or the methodology behind them. But as BlackBerry evolves its business model further away from its once-sacrosanct handheld-led roots, the metrics for measuring its success aren’t as black-and-white as they once were.
    https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/blogs/d...183026564.html
    05-29-14 02:24 PM
    He took a lot of flak for the 50/50 remark so it's very possible he simply revised it to 80/20. It's not like anyone can ever call him out on it. There's only going to be one iteration.

I'm 80% sure the share price will go down tomorrow. And, you can quote me on that right here.
    Guess you can pull your head out of your arse any moment now. BBRY +7.4% at time of posting.
    05-29-14 02:33 PM
    Wow...decent day today.

Lets keep it up LOL...
    One of my other stock is up 9.5% today so far, what a day!
    05-29-14 02:37 PM
    Guess you can pull your head out of your arse any moment now. BBRY +7.4% at time of posting.
    Well, there was a 20% chance it would go up . See what I mean? It doesn't matter that much whether Chen says 50/50 or 80/20 in the end. In the end, he will still be correct either way. [/point]
    05-29-14 02:40 PM
    Well, there was a 20% chance it would go up . See what I mean? It doesn't matter that much whether Chen says 50/50 or 80/20 in the end. In the end, he will still be correct either way. [/point]
    I don't think it works that way. if you put 80% chance on one side and it turns out opposite, then you're wrong. It's like flipping a coin, even though it is 50/50 chance, if you pick head and it turns up tail, then you're wrong. You can't argue that you're still correct because there is a 50% chance that it would be tail. Does that make sense to you or should I present another scenario to make it more clear?
    05-29-14 02:49 PM
    I'm thinking this is order...haven't seen this fella for a while:
    05-29-14 02:52 PM
    I don't think it works that way. if you put 80% chance on one side and it turns out opposite, then you're wrong. It's like flipping a coin, even though it is 50/50 chance, if you pick head and it turns up tail, then you're wrong. You can't argue that you're still correct because there is a 50% chance that it would be tail. Does that make sense to you or should I present another scenario to make it more clear?
    05-29-14 03:03 PM
    Jlagoon or Morgan.
    can you please take few minutes of your precious time and put out a fresh chart of bbry please. some of us diffusional loonytoons would appreciate it in advance. thanks

I too look forward to JLagoon's chart(s), here's mine and the short story that goes with it today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-may-29-2014.png

Our trading range has kept us trading at support for several weeks now with $ 7.18 - $ 7.20 as support and little to the upside. Last night we got a bit of good news for a stock that was poised to rally anyway. We tried to break above the 50-dma today which would have been quite a feat but we are parked under it at the close, and tomorrow, all we need to do is close above $ 7.80/shr and we have some room to run here. The cap for this rally is likely the $ 9.00 mark that I have be talking above for several weeks. We'll have to close above the recent high of $ 8.25/shr to continue this rally. There has been nothing new in the news .... it's just that John Chen stated, AGAIN, that he sees cash flow neutral and a profit coming in the quarters ahead and we are running with it. He has stated all along that this is going to be the case but the stock was just in need of some comments to set things off here and we got it last night.

Let's close above the 50-dma, confirm the breakout and rally to $ 9.00/shr and meet back here to assess it again, a wonderful day and if only our resident trolls were long, they'd be smiling too! GL
    W Hoa, La Emperor, zyben and 17 others like this.
    05-29-14 03:21 PM

And...

sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-14 03:27 PM
    I was invited to the following. I wasn't going to go. After today maybe I should.

When you’re driven to achieve sustainability without compromising design or performance, a complete reinvention is just the beginning. Introducing the all-new BMW i8. By combining innovative design and extensive use of revolutionary light-weight and sustainable materials, the i8 is a low-profile, full-blooded sports car with the efficiency of a compact car. The future of mobility has arrived – faster than anyone anticipated.

Refreshments will be served.

R S V P NOW
    05-29-14 03:28 PM
    I was invited to the following. I wasn't going to go. After today maybe I should.
    http://futureofmobility.ca/i8/index.aspx

Sweetness!

Corbu, W Hoa, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    05-29-14 03:36 PM
    Hey Bungaboy, here she is...throw that Ford away:

Mr BBRY, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    05-29-14 04:09 PM
    Yeah you would be right, if Chen actually chose one alternative. He just stated that they are confident to succeed. This is just another form of saying the chances are in favor of survival. That is like you would have a biased coin and saying that the chances of turning head are 60/40 ... If tail appears that does not make your statement wrong. But if you would say head is going to appear because you are too confident and actually tail appears, this would proof you wrong...
    I hope I got my point across... :-)
    05-29-14 04:15 PM
    My point is that people are making a big deal out of the fact that he went from 50/50 to 80/20. Definite improvement, right? That could mean that he is actually more confident. However, it also could be that 80/20 just sounds better because people gave him a lot of flak for the 50/50. How are you going to put him to the test? If Blackberry goes under, are you going to call him out on the 80/20 like you did me?

It's actually a good lesson for me - if, say, I think there's a 50/50 chance I will show up for your party, I'll just say 80/20. It sounds a lot better and I don't have to show up if I don't want to. Brilliant.

I never said that BBRY would go up today. He never said he would save Blackberry. He's saying, now, there's an 80% chance he will. I'll grant you that he is saying that he is more confident. However, you will never be able to prove him wrong nor will you ever be able to say, in the end, that he didn't do exactly what he said he would.

The odds of him telling the truth? 80/20.
    techvisor likes this.
    05-29-14 04:24 PM
    If one wants a clear cut case of calling a percentage play right or wrong, look to the Vegas odds makers. If someone there is calling an 80/20 on any play, and gets the 20, they are considered wrong. Come out like that often enough, and you'll be out a job. Simply put, they are saying that there is a 20% chance that they are wrong with that pick.

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    05-29-14 04:28 PM
    Hey Bungaboy, here she is...throw that Ford away:

It's been recalled already. LoL

I'm RAM guy. My F150 is my Girly Truck! LoL
    05-29-14 04:29 PM
    I too look forward to JLagoon's chart(s), here's mine and the short story that goes with it today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBRY Chart May 29 2014.png 
Views:	674 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	274596

Our trading range has kept us trading at support for several weeks now with $ 7.18 - $ 7.20 as support and little to the upside. Last night we got a bit of good news for a stock that was poised to rally anyway. We tried to break above the 50-dma today which would have been quite a feat but we are parked under it at the close, and tomorrow, all we need to do is close above $ 7.80/shr and we have some room to run here. The cap for this rally is likely the $ 9.00 mark that I have be talking above for several weeks. We'll have to close above the recent high of $ 8.25/shr to continue this rally. There has been nothing new in the news .... it's just that John Chen stated, AGAIN, that he sees cash flow neutral and a profit coming in the quarters ahead and we are running with it. He has stated all along that this is going to be the case but the stock was just in need of some comments to set things off here and we got it last night.

Let's close above the 50-dma, confirm the breakout and rally to $ 9.00/shr and meet back here to assess it again, a wonderful day and if only our resident trolls were long, they'd be smiling too! GL
    Hi Morgan!!

What can you make of JC's comment (or hesitation) when asked whether they're considering building an android-based handset. I believe his response was "if there's enough money on the table". If I remember correctly he also stated they could survive without the handset business if supporting an entire ecosystem would no longer be feasible. His responses surprised me as you'd expect him to promote BB10 with the upcoming Classic and Windermere devices.. since the risk is mostly off their books right now through the Foxconn deal? IMO of course. Maybe we'll see a licensing deal after all? Cash for patents and allow Lenovo to build android-based BlackBerry handsets? I read somewhere that chances are now 80/20 in BlackBerry's favour which makes me believe a deal is in the works that will drastically increase their chances.. or he was seriously low-balling before. Because last time I checked BES12, e-BBM,.. was still in the works :-) or they're selling lots of stickers of course.

Disclaimer: the above contains lots of speculation.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Mr BBRY and sidhuk like this.
    05-29-14 04:32 PM
    I asked my Financial Advisor's dog "PeedTheBed" what he thought of BB share price falling and he said . . .

sidhuk likes this.
    05-29-14 04:34 PM
    My point is that people are making a big deal out of the fact that he went from 50/50 to 80/20. That could mean that he is actually more confident. However, it also could be that 80/20 just sounds better. How are you going to put him to the test? If Blackberry goes under, are you going to call him out on the 80/20 like you did me?

I never said that BBRY would go up today. He never said he would save Blackberry. He's saying there's an 80% chance he will. I'll grant you that he is saying that he is more confident. However, you will never be able to prove him wrong nor will you ever be able to say that he didn't do exactly what he said he would.

The odds of him telling the truth? 80/20.
    Okay. If you say that there is 80% chance of survival, you are saying that the chance of surviving is higher than the chance of failing, so if it fails, than you were wrong. If the weatherman forecast 80% rain and if it doesn't, then his weather prediction algorithm/model is wrong.
    When you take a percentage other than 50, in effect you are picking a side and the outcomes are either wrong or right, never 20% right and 80% wrong. Well, unless you are doing quantum mechanic calculations, but I don't think that you were talking about that...LOL
    05-29-14 04:37 PM
    Hi Morgan!!

What can you make of JC's comment (or hesitation) when asked whether they're considering building an android-based handset. I believe his response was "if there's enough money on the table". If I remember correctly he also stated they could survive without the handset business if supporting an entire ecosystem would no longer be feasible. His responses surprised me as you'd expect him to promote BB10 with the upcoming Classic and Windermere devices.. since the risk is mostly off their books right now through the Foxconn deal? IMO of course. Maybe we'll see a licensing deal after all? Cash for patents and allow Lenovo to build android-based BlackBerry handsets? I read somewhere that chances are now 80/20 in BlackBerry's favour which makes me believe a deal is in the works that will drastically increase their chances.. or he was seriously low-balling before. Because last time I checked BES12, e-BBM,.. was still in the works :-) or they're selling lots of stickers of course.

Disclaimer: the above contains lots of speculation.

Posted via CB10
    Lenovo has Motorola, can't see why BlackBerry would be involved with them. I think if the Android route is the option, that would mean that BB10 will be killed. They can't have BB10 and Android operate together. Sure they can make the UI look like BB10 but it will be Android code, not BB10.

Imo, they should go Android full-on and make it enterprise ready. Be the only Android phone that enterprises will take on. Android may be dominating the consumer space but not so much in enterprise.

Google recently acquired a company that creates the two environment space in Android, personal and work, just like BB10. Maybe BlackBerry can offer the full Android secure experience supported by the BB infrastructure and enterprises services.
    05-29-14 04:39 PM
    Alec is a keynote speaker.
    "Transforming the Vehicle into a First-Class Citizen of the Cloud"

Would be a great time to make some announcements. ( Ford rumor ??)
    Agenda | Telematics Detroit 2014
    05-29-14 04:39 PM
    If one wants a clear cut case of calling a percentage play right or wrong, look to the Vegas odds makers. If someone there is calling an 80/20 on any play, and gets the 20, they are considered wrong.
    When you play poker, I'm guessing that you get pretty mad when you lose a hand on a bad beat. Remind me not to advise you to shove all your chips in when you are ahead 80/20 with one card left to see on the board.
    techvisor likes this.
    05-29-14 04:40 PM
113,252 ... 26292630263126322633 ...