View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    the comments that John Chen made today shows that BlackBerry has a lot more chance to succeed than ever before. 80/20 vs 50/50 is a huge step.
    05-29-14 01:12 AM
    80/20 vs 50/50 is a huge step.
    He took a lot of flak for the 50/50 remark so it's very possible he simply revised it to 80/20. It's not like anyone can ever call him out on it. There's only going to be one iteration.

I'm 80% sure the share price will go down tomorrow. And, you can quote me on that right here.
    05-29-14 01:18 AM
    He took a lot of flak for the 50/50 remark so it's very possible he simply revised it to 80/20. It's not like anyone can ever call him out on it. There's only going to be one iteration.

I'm 80% sure the share price will go down tomorrow. And, you can quote me on that right here.
    50/50 chance to 80/20 chance...surely are statement of confidence..i dont think CEO will make a statement if he dont have any valid points to back him up..especially only weeks away before Q1 financial report release...

i think BB will record a profit this quarter, just because they are selling lot of assets they have...
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    05-29-14 01:49 AM
    I never take any account of statements of confidence from CEOs from any company.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    05-29-14 03:07 AM
    Not looking good so far.
    Mr BBRY, morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    05-29-14 05:55 AM
    Bbuk,

I honestly think Google will be big in 10 years. Bbry and msft will be fighting. And apple a memory.

Posted via CB10
    I am sorry but I think the above is "delusional" and I am far from being alone. While I think that Blackberry will be around in some form, it will not be competing with MS. Without handset sales, at the best BBRY will be hiding in a car dash. BBRY's best bet it to try to carve out some niche but fighting with MS and Windows OS will be a looser for them.
    05-29-14 06:08 AM
    BlackBerry CEO sees company returning to profitability, prominence, WSJ says

BlackBerry CEO sees company cash flow positive or breakeven end of fiscal year
    I think it is still clear that Chen is under committing, still, and plans on over delivering.

Would not be surprised that they are cash flow positive before then.

Mind you that is just me, and I am guilty of being one of the delusional devotees of this thread.

Sent using my ? Z30
    05-29-14 07:08 AM
    I am sorry but I think the above is "delusional" and I am far from being alone. While I think that Blackberry will be around in some form, it will not be competing with MS. Without handset sales, at the best BBRY will be hiding in a car dash. BBRY's best bet it to try to carve out some niche but fighting with MS and Windows OS will be a looser for them.
    Greg, over the few years you periodically refer to people here as animals and labeling people as delusional and such. I am curious if you have a label for yourself?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:03 AM
    I never take any account of statements of confidence from CEOs from any company.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    but the market does and likes what they are hearing. Chen has credibility not every CEO might have...
    05-29-14 08:38 AM
    05-29-14 08:48 AM
    Everyone ready for the 10:30 dip
    05-29-14 08:57 AM
    Everyone ready for the 10:30 dip
    There doesn't appear to be any sign of a dip in site ... and 6MM shares traded so far. Hold on tight gang; Chen just sent this stock onto a nice ride!
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-29-14 09:07 AM
    There doesn't appear to be any sign of a dip in site ... and 6MM shares traded so far. Hold on tight gang; Chen just sent this stock onto a nice ride!
    ill applaud chen when the stock is at 15
    Mr BBRY, ibpluto and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-14 09:08 AM
    From Chen speaking at the Code conference now.

Walt: Is BlackBerry going to make Android handsets?

Chen: If there's enough money on the table. I can't comment on that right now.
    An android with the bb10 front end would be killer. It might even motivate people to get a bb10 phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 09:15 AM
    ill applaud chen when the stock is at 15
    Fair enough. I'll be applauding all the way to $15.
    05-29-14 09:16 AM
    I think I put rational in my post which you didn't bother quoting. Convenient...

OK, give us your rational.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 09:21 AM
    Fair enough. I'll be applauding all the way to $15.
    I guess ill start to raise my hands around 10 and start applauding at 11 but actually wont say chen has turned the ship around until we are steady at 15
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    05-29-14 09:26 AM
    Watch for the rush.

When this thing starts to move, it will do it in a mean way.
    Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    05-29-14 09:48 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140522_184534.jpg 
Views:	1155 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	274533
    Welcome to Kelowna. Hahahahaha

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    05-29-14 10:25 AM
    Big words from Chen. Quite comforting. Also some big words from Eddy Cue at Apple. Looks like BlackBerry is going to focus on enterprise where it can make some money, while keeping a nice stream of phones for the faithful and the security focused. I'm pretty confident about my share position.

Now if Apple really does have its strongest pipeline of products in 25 years coming in 2014, then we are in for a tech shake up. That will be fun to watch. I don't think it will be enterprise and I don't think the iphone will get any stronger against bb10. But I suspect Samsung is freaking out today.

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-29-14 10:44 AM
    50/50 chance to 80/20 chance...surely are statement of confidence..i dont think CEO will make a statement if he dont have any valid points to back him up..especially only weeks away before Q1 financial report release...

i think BB will record a profit this quarter, just because they are selling lot of assets they have...
    Most CEO's are more PR people these days.... and PR people are taught to SPIN. The Q1 report will not conflict what he said.... he has another three quarter to get back to break even.
    05-29-14 11:23 AM
    Jlagoon or Morgan.
    can you please take few minutes of your precious time and put out a fresh chart of bbry please. some of us diffusional loonytoons would appreciate it in advance. thanks
    05-29-14 12:23 PM
    Jlagoon or Morgan.
    can you please take few minutes of your precious time and put out a fresh chart of bbry please. some of us diffusional loonytoons would appreciate it in advance. thanks
    Hi Sidhuk:

Sure thing. I will post one, after the market closes today.

Thanks
    Corbu, zyben, La Emperor and 10 others like this.
    05-29-14 12:50 PM
    Apple resting on its laurels:

"We don’t try to do too many things. We want to do a few really incredible things"

Ya, since 2007 what have they done. An iTouch. An iTouch with a phone to it. A bigger iPad. And their computers that get refreshed.

Yawn ..... This is why I say that Apple is going to be nothing in 10 years.
    05-29-14 12:54 PM
    Apple resting on its laurels:
    Ya, since 2007 what have they done.
    Acquired Blackberrys smartphone market share?
    zachgeo likes this.
    05-29-14 01:11 PM
113,256 ... 26282629263026312632 ...