View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Feels like that LG paid more money to the tech sites lately than Samsung did.
    LOL

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    If I were to buy a new phone today, this kind of invasive advertising would only make me less likely to buy one of theirs.
    05-27-14 05:06 PM
    Haven't seen this posted yet, but BBRY short interest went down by about 8%.

5/15/2014 93,882,666
    4/30/2014 101,358,204

http://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/bbry/short-interest
    Last edited by rim4ever; 05-27-14 at 05:26 PM.
    05-27-14 05:11 PM
    For those that are interested

Proxy material can be found here: http://www.envisionreports.com/blackberry/
    05-27-14 05:24 PM
    Haven't seen this posted yet, but BBRY short interest went down by about 8%.

5/15/2014 93,882,666
    4/30/2014 101,358,204

BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    Becoming less volatile and therefore less attractive for these traders. There will be a steady number short for a while but I wouldn't be surprised to see a slow, steady, and methodic exit to the trade moving forward.
    sidhuk, Corbu, rim4ever and 8 others like this.
    05-27-14 05:38 PM
    If I were to buy a new phone today, this kind of invasive advertising would only make me less likely to buy one of theirs.
    I owned LG G2 for few weeks. I know what they are talking about.
    I am very satisfied with my z30. Just typing and hub alone. Not to mention some of the other things like Dark themes. speakers, call sound quality etc etc.

05-27-14 05:44 PM
    40% to 4% ...last q4 2013 result

corbu already posted the article before :
    BlackBerry aims to reverse emerging market slump with budget handset | Reuters
    Hmm, maybe I am confusing BlackBerry fiscal with actual fiscal:

"According to a report from the International Data Corporation (IDC), an American market research company focusing on information technology and telecommunications, shipments of BlackBerry devices made up 14 percent of the total 11 million smartphone shipments to Indonesia last year."

The reference was 2013.
    Anyway, the decline is very apparent, and I look forward to a change (for the better?).
    05-27-14 06:44 PM
    Becoming less volatile and therefore less attractive for these traders. There will be a steady number short for a while but I wouldn't be surprised to see a slow, steady, and methodic exit to the trade moving forward.

...Sort of like when you pass gas at a party, and you sort of slink out of the area; ideally unnoticed.
    05-27-14 06:55 PM
    Hmm, maybe I am confusing BlackBerry fiscal with actual fiscal:

"According to a report from the International Data Corporation (IDC), an American market research company focusing on information technology and telecommunications, shipments of BlackBerry devices made up 14 percent of the total 11 million smartphone shipments to Indonesia last year."

The reference was 2013.
    Anyway, the decline is very apparent, and I look forward to a change (for the better?).
    4% is Q4 2013 marketshare, for the entire 2013 their marketshare 14%...

it drop massively after BBM cross platform announced, and further drop after BBM cross platform launched
    05-27-14 10:00 PM
    4% is Q4 2013 marketshare, for the entire 2013 their marketshare 14%...

it drop massively after BBM cross platform announced, and further drop after BBM cross platform launched
    Is Indonesia getting more z3s? Or they Foxconn give up on that too? Because no more demand for z3?

05-27-14 10:06 PM
    Apple Inc. (AAPL) Could Challenge BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) In Indonesia

first its the Z3 costs to much to compete with cheaper android handsets now its apple is going to take bbry market share in indonesia. Ye bc the Iphone isnt to expensive at all lol
    actually in every large shopping mall in Jakarta there are at least 2 or 3 store selling exclusive apple product (apple authorized store)

apple product perceived as premium product so people in here never compare cheap android or BB to apple product. their low cost phone are the iPhone 4 for $300, while iPhone 5S for $1000
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-27-14 10:11 PM
    Is Indonesia getting more z3s? Or they Foxconn give up on that too? Because no more demand for z3?

dont know...no other BB Z3 related article after the launch. but from i see in every store it is hard to find BB Z3 available, even i cant find demo unit in BB experience store...

but the demand are quite good, people start selling it for extra $10 - $20 from normal price...maybe because they get the discounted Z3 phone
    jxnb and sidhuk like this.
    05-27-14 10:15 PM
    actually in every large shopping mall in Jakarta there are at least 2 or 3 store selling exclusive apple product (apple authorized store)

apple product perceived as premium product so people in here never compare cheap android or BB to apple product. their low cost phone are the iPhone 4 for $300, while iPhone 5S for $1000
    Dude...they have been marketing that crap (mis information and misperception) here for half a decade....please don't interpret or consider their marketing as "special" or "elitist ".

Have you seen this from earlier today? :

That's 400,000 TODAY...just sayin.

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    zyben, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    05-27-14 10:26 PM
    Dude...they have been marketing that crap (mis information and misperception) here for half a decade....please don't interpret or consider their marketing as "special" or "elitist ".

Have you seen this from earlier today? :

That's 400,000 TODAY...just sayin.

in the US or other developed market people dont think apple are premium product because they can buy it cheap with a subsidized price...and their income are higher than developing market

but in indonesia apple product are expensive product...for a country that think smartphone = social status, lot of people craving for it

i never think apple marketing are special, but people in emerging market like indonesia buy phone for social status symbol first, then the feature.it happen everytime the past it is nokia comunicator phone, then BlackBerry bold phone, now it is Samsung high end + apple iphone turn.
    Last edited by garnok; 05-27-14 at 10:56 PM.
    techvisor likes this.
    05-27-14 10:41 PM
    in the US or other developed market people dont think apple are premium product because they can buy it cheap with a subsidized price...and their income are higher than developing market

but in indonesia apple product are expensive product...for a country that think smartphone = social status, lot of people craving for it
    That is my point...they are expensive here too, it's marketing...iPhone DOES NOT EQUAL HAPPYNESS OR QUALITY.

People should really learn...enough already!!

05-27-14 10:54 PM
    Apologies if I come off strong but it makes me upset that their crap that worked here (and is now starting to fade) is being pushed there. To me it's condescending..."we fooled them here, now lets fool them too" mentality.
    With the Internet and all the social media one one think folks would be a bit wiser.

05-27-14 11:07 PM
    Apologies if I come off strong but it makes me upset that their crap that worked here (and is now starting to fade) is being pushed there. To me it's condescending..."we fooled them here, now lets fool them too" mentality.
    With the Internet and all the social media one one think folks would be a bit wiser.

i dont blame them....in the past every company using same tactics...including BlackBerry...

when BB become popular in indonesia it is start because upper class following people from developed market, after upper class economy bought expensive BB phone, the middle class suddenly want it, they buy recenlty launched BB 8520, while the lower income choose cheap keyboard phone from china..

and before BB popular, nokia rules indonesian market and many emerging market everywhere with their comunicator and N series (they also choose indonesia as first country they launch E90 comunicator model)

it will happen everytime eventually the popularity start to fade and emerging market will again following trend in developed market
    app_Developer likes this.
    05-28-14 01:23 AM

Well, that's what good marketing does - it appeals to the heart as well as the head. Apple have done well; it's not about fooling people. I don't own a single Apple product, and probably never will, but it's plain as day that Apple are an excellent brand. They get it.

As for chasing dying marker share in far away lands, that's always going to be difficult. The fact that they haven't totally given up on their BlackBerrys is mainly the result of them being further from the centre of the trend - the ripples have taken longer to reach them.

Trying to turn things around by marketing 'downstream' is always going to be problematic. Indonesians, et al will generally want what is cool in the West, and not the other way around. Apple's brand success starts at the fountainhead, and flows outwards from there. The UK would probably have been a better place for BlackBerry to make a push, but that being said, any non-failure in the Z3 launch should be considered a 'success' at this point.

Anyway, I think we should refrain from questioning the intelligence of the masses, and try to accept the nature of these things. Until BlackBerry can influence a change in perception and interest closer to the Western trend 'epicentres', the US, Canada, UK, and Europe, interest in the East and Africa will continue to slide.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    05-28-14 05:18 AM
    Christmas shopping time... by November the "large" purchases have already been accounted for. Manufactures looking to get in on the Christmas season usually launch in September.
    That's B2B marketing (mass purchases from providers), not mass marketing. I believe there's already a lot done with carriers (and probably BB e-stores worldwide). Let's play the "totaly random" prediction game : we will see exclusivity back for windemere. (a dime, no more !)

Cheers
    SF
    05-28-14 05:19 AM
    i dont blame them....in the past every company using same tactics...including BlackBerry...

when BB become popular in indonesia it is start because upper class following people from developed market, after upper class economy bought expensive BB phone, the middle class suddenly want it, they buy recenlty launched BB 8520, while the lower income choose cheap keyboard phone from china..

and before BB popular, nokia rules indonesian market and many emerging market everywhere with their comunicator and N series (they also choose indonesia as first country they launch E90 comunicator model)

it will happen everytime eventually the popularity start to fade and emerging market will again following trend in developed market
    Absolutely right.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    05-28-14 05:22 AM
    100% OT, but... yeahhhhh!
    (doing the combo, two gigs in a row)

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140528_124942.png

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 05:51 AM
    I just opened google finance to check the news.
    AAPL: Zero articles regarding the hacked devices. Zero!
    BBRY: Two SA-articles on top, bashing BBRY on no news (the random stuff, declining marketshare bla bla, too little too late bla bla).
    Sorry guys, I'm not a friend of conspiration theories, but this stinks!
    05-28-14 08:30 AM
    Hacked devices are not really any concern for shareholders.
    "Declining marketshare, bla, bla," is something that investors do pay attention to.
    techvisor likes this.
    05-28-14 09:41 AM
    "Declining marketshare, bla, bla," is something that investors do pay attention to.
    With Apple making a push into corporate and government hands, and stating that they are secure, the fact that devices can be remotely locked by spoofing the iCloud, it should be news for both users and, in turn, shareholders.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 09:45 AM
    Most people look at these security issues as an inevitable result of being a major mobile platform. As a software issue, it can be easily fixed at practically no cost. A hardware issue, on the other hand, that results in a major recall/replacement program would be much more likely to impact the stock.

So, Apple fixes it and everyone waits for the next vulnerability to be discovered. What do expect to happen? Widespread disillusionment about the security of the platform? Here's a new flash - nobody thinks that any platform is absolutely secure.
    techvisor likes this.
    05-28-14 09:56 AM
    I think that most people here are shareholders of various stocks, anyone not care about the performance and reliability of the products that your companies produce?
    ibpluto, Corbu, zyben and 9 others like this.
    05-28-14 09:56 AM
113,256 ... 26242625262626272628 ...