View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    So... the Nasdaq should be closed today with the TSX open.

Any bets on where the stock goes today?

The Bollinger Bands are the tightest they've been since October 2013.

We seem poised for a major movement at this point. A rally on the TSX while the short sellers of the NASDAQ are out of the picture would be a great start.
    Last edited by morlock_man; 05-26-14 at 08:32 AM.
    05-26-14 07:51 AM
    And we're off!
    05-26-14 08:46 AM
    05-26-14 10:48 AM
    South africa is next on Blackberry basher's list. LoL

"Vodacom’s latest statistics revealed that there were 3,030,000 BlackBerry devices on its network in March 2014 – down from 3,100,000 in September 2013"
    and two lines later.
    “Blackberry sales have been declining. Year on year BlackBerry sales are down 45%,” said Joosub."

and comments are the same as it was last couple of years in north America.
    BlackBerry shock in South Africa
    05-26-14 10:57 AM

"Vodacom�s latest statistics revealed that there were 3,030,000 BlackBerry devices on its network in March 2014 � down from 3,100,000 in September 2013"
    and two lines later.
    �Blackberry sales have been declining. Year on year BlackBerry sales are down 45%,� said Joosub."

Are you suggesting that they are lying? It doesn't seem to be honest much of a shock that market share is continuing to fall when the Z10, Q10 were overpriced when released and the Z30 is virtually unknown. I don't see the reason to call it bashing. The phones haven't been selling that well - that's just obvious. I know the whole world is crazy, etc., but it doesn't quite seem like bashing when the article simply states that sales have fallen.

If the old line of phones are growing more obsolete by the day, and the new phones aren't cheap enough to tempt people to ignore the friends, family, salespeople, media, etc. and give BlackBerry 10 a shot, I think we have to expect a continuous dive in sales. If the next phones they bring out hit all nails on the head, then we should see a change for the better, but I don't think it makes sense to call straightforward articles on falling sales bashing.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    05-26-14 11:28 AM
    Are you suggesting that they are lying? I
    Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    No Sir.
    and very sorry if it offended.
    05-26-14 11:38 AM

"Vodacom’s latest statistics revealed that there were 3,030,000 BlackBerry devices on its network in March 2014 – down from 3,100,000 in September 2013"
    and two lines later.
    “Blackberry sales have been declining. Year on year BlackBerry sales are down 45%,” said Joosub."

and Kevin's front page article fits right on.
    The real reason My Cousin Vinny downgraded from the BlackBerry Z10 to a Bold 9900 and is waiting on the Classic... | CrackBerry.com
    blackberry is down to 3 million 30 thousand from 3 million 1 hundered thousand, a loss of 70,000 in six months one year in SA on one carrier. the loss of 2.25% in six months one year. despite near death/sale/bankrupt experience, Over priced phones etc. etc.
    over priced has nothing to do with bad phones.
    it is great to see that SA has some great followers.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-growth.jpg
    added image dont show 45% decline in blackberry subscribers.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 05-26-14 at 01:06 PM.
    05-26-14 12:48 PM
    This is pretty catchy:

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    05-26-14 12:50 PM

and two lines later.

What they wrote in that article is not necessarily inconsistent. The 3 million number refers to the subscriber base. The YOY decline of 45% refers to sales figures. The graph below shows subscriber base which shows subscriber numbers levelling out.

05-26-14 01:05 PM
    What they wrote in that article is not necessarily inconsistent. The 3 million number refers to the subscriber base. The YOY decline of 45% refers to sales figures. The graph below shows subscriber base which shows subscriber numbers levelling out.

http://i.imgur.com/1GHOd7e.jpg
    even from that angle. it is not 45%. Unless one is assuming that that from March 2012 to march 2013 most subscribers brought their own blackberries to the provider when they joined?
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-26-14 01:09 PM
    even from that angle. it is not 45%. Unless one is assuming that that from March 2012 to march 2013 most subscribers brought their own blackberries to the provider when they joined?
    There is some lag time from when declining sales start to affect the subscriber numbers. Subscribers are on two or one year contracts they won't drop off right away.
    05-26-14 02:19 PM
    05-26-14 05:07 PM
    Ok, now help a brother out and spam this to all the buffoon reporters mentioned earlier.

)
    05-26-14 07:23 PM
    Ok, now help a brother out and spam this to all the buffoon reporters mentioned earlier.

)
    Lol. Shshshsh. That's blackberry's fault.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    05-26-14 07:32 PM
    many emerging market using pre paid plan...no contract needed, you can easily paid only $2 - $3 a month and keep using your old phone while buy and using a newer model phone

dont know about SA, but in indonesia it is very common...that is why BB still have around 12 million subscribers, even if their marketshare drop from 40% to 4% in indonesia
    05-26-14 11:04 PM
    many emerging market using pre paid plan...no contract needed, you can easily paid only $2 - $3 a month and keep using your old phone while buy and using a newer model phone

dont know about SA, but in indonesia it is very common...that is why BB still have around 12 million subscribers, even if their marketshare drop from 40% to 4% in indonesia
    Either way. These are blackberry users. Which are holding on to their blackberry for some reason. It means they know blackberry.
    The bottom line is that I like this company and I want it to be successful.
    Sooooo. Did you buy the z3 or you think it is not good? Or you are moving on to android like every one else?

bungaboy likes this.
    05-26-14 11:39 PM

Um, not sure of your numbers there fella. Was that supposed to be 40% to {14%}?
    05-27-14 12:50 AM
    Either way. These are blackberry users. Which are holding on to their blackberry for some reason. It means they know blackberry.
    The bottom line is that I like this company and I want it to be successful.
    Sooooo. Did you buy the z3 or you think it is not good? Or you are moving on to android like every one else?

still using my old BB curve and my old android phone....cant get any discounted Z3 because it is sold out...

even if i upgrade my android phone...i will keep using my BB curve until it is broken...
    05-27-14 02:08 AM
    Um, not sure of your numbers there fella. Was that supposed to be 40% to {14%}?
    40% to 4% ...last q4 2013 result

corbu already posted the article before :
    BlackBerry aims to reverse emerging market slump with budget handset | Reuters
    05-27-14 02:10 AM
    Interesting reflexion from Chris U. in the blogs.
    Make your mind : BlackBerry and Sierra Wireless are a good fit for the Internet of things | CrackBerry.com

Mine
    [thinking out loud]
    Experience is a key to success. Can't deny that.
    Yet, QNX is the pivot point for "the BlackBerry of things"; they cannot afford to rely on third party existing solution. Remember the bottom up scheme; it is a (the ?) strategic key point.
    Of course, they need interoperability but I believe they demonstrated they will push into that direction (APIs for non BES MDM solution) and I won't be surprised we'll see similar announcement for M2M/IoT.
    Can they afford a new acquisition ? I don't think so.
    Can they "invite" Sierra Wireless into the Industrial Internet Consortium ? Seems much more affordable (but http://www.synapse-wireless.com/ is in the place already).
    If none of the above, couldn't they simply poach talents in SW team ? Finally, that's the way others are doing right now with their security teams ...

On another front - unless I misunderstood your writing - BlackBerry/QNX do have one stroke ahead in this area. As an example, most of QNX powered industrial goods are already (kinda) M2M enabled and network architectures (Cisco/QNX) are "ready to upgrade", not to mention the evergreen QNX car.

We saw how difficult and long merging technologies - moreover different teams cultures and methods - was, as well for QNX (late launch of BB10) and TAT (half baked, IMHO, UI). Should we go for another round or capitalize ? Tough question ... I believe the above self explains my -hot- thinking.
    jxnb, Mr BBRY, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    05-27-14 03:26 AM
    Dud anyone else who owns shares get a notice in the mail to vote for election of directors?
    1- john chen
    2- timothy dattels
    3- claudia kotchka
    4- richard lynch
    5- barbara stymiest
    6- prem watsa

And to vote for or against four different proposed actions...

I didn't get a chance to read or research it yet to form an opinion but I was wondering if anyone else got it and will be voting?

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    05-27-14 03:38 AM
    Didn't get this email ... yet, I'm not sure my foreign account handles this. Going to check and report back.
    edit : nothing, nowhere.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-27-14 at 06:32 AM.
    05-27-14 04:27 AM
    Hey, Big E -
    Yes. On May 21, I got an e-mail from Schwab directing me to the documents for the proxy vote and annual general meeting. I definitely plan to vote. In the meantime, I'm reading these documents pretty carefully as there are many details that fill holes in my understanding.

I wish I could attend the AGM, but some projects will keep me in the states. If anyone on the list attends the AGM, I'd be very interested in on-the-ground posts. Last year, I think CJ and someone else from i-support-bbry-and-i-buy-shares were there. Happy voting!

Dud anyone else who owns shares get a notice in the mail to vote for election of directors?
    1- john chen
    2- timothy dattels
    3- claudia kotchka
    4- richard lynch
    5- barbara stymiest
    6- prem watsa

I didn't get a chance to read or research it yet to form an opinion but I was wondering if anyone else got it and will be voting?

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-27-14 04:53 AM
    Interesting ITW of Sims @ berryflow : BerryFlow Q&A with John Sims, President of Global Enterprise Services at BlackBerry |

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

So let's sum up all rants marketing to this : should they go full throttle enterprise?
    me : yes.
    05-27-14 06:55 AM
    1- john chen
    2- timothy dattels
    3- claudia kotchka
    4- richard lynch
    5- barbara stymiest
    6- prem watsa

Posted via Z30 on CB10
    this is routine stuff and whether or not you receive this depends on what instructions you gave to your broker.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-27-14 07:04 AM
113,251 ... 26222623262426252626 ...