View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Make sure you give him a new Z30 along with the bimmer for graduating. LoL
    Haha.... he is a Samsung fan but only last week he said.... Dad I am going to get one of the next generation mobiles that BlackBerry releases! YES! You have to let them do their own thing but eventually they come back for the fold.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    05-23-14 10:48 AM
    Haha.... he is a Samsung fan but only last week he said.... Dad I am going to get one of the next generation mobiles that BlackBerry releases! YES! You have to let them do their own thing but eventually they come back for the fold.

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    LoL,
    the trick is to "Avoid" the words that you want them to do. it is funny how we have to play games with our own. i guess thats what life is all about? Loving every second of it.
    05-23-14 11:10 AM
    BlackBerry’s IoT platform will turn its QNX acquisition to gold

rethink
    05-23-14 11:11 AM
    Congratulations Bro. Both of my boys are students at the same university.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Looks like children of some thread regulars here are hanging around in the same campus ( I have one myself ). Congrats to those who are graduating and to the proud parents as well.
    Corbu, sidhuk, zyben and 9 others like this.
    05-23-14 11:33 AM
    maybe Super or someone else can comment on the below article from gurufocus and the comment about ECC and AES 256?

BlackBerry: Likely to Hit $10 in 2014 - GuruFocus.com

Dont forget about their ECC patent (Elliptic curve cryptography). The NSA vouches for this tech on their website: The Case for Elliptic Curve Cryptography - NSA/CSS
    AES 256 will be useless if Quantum computing becomes mainstream.... it already is showing it's weakness with standard computing.
    Well, that's a tough work to valorize it "as is". Part of the patents are BlackBerry's, others don't aren't and it is quite hard to sort a logic from there (thus the zero value given by the street). Quantum processing is yet a vaporware (AFAIK) but AES is almost EOL now that the breach has been made.
    I'd tend to promote BlackBerry experience in real situation with whatever security concerns, algorythms being on top of it. There sits the value, unfortunately, valorized for nuts ... until Armagedon ?
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-23-14 at 06:25 PM. Reason: mhoooo
    05-23-14 12:04 PM
    I haven't given up on $100 party yet
    Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    OMG my fingers are typing alone and I can't stop them : neither do I
    let's ... or we'll have our bandwagon full of ...
    05-23-14 12:07 PM
    BBRY has a tendency for big moves in Canada on USA holidays (monday is Memorial day in US). This results in a squeeze the following day in the USA. Look for positive news on Z3 sales over weekend or on Monday to cause a squeeze.
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    05-23-14 01:43 PM
    OT:

Good luck Rogers...

The restructuring brings in former BlackBerry marketing chief Frank Boulben as Rogers� chief strategy officer and head of strategy, wholesale and development.
    �We�ve neglected our customers�: Rogers CEO pledges to improve consumer experience with management overhaul | Financial Post
    05-23-14 02:08 PM
    Lmao adding more weight to the Rogers sinking ship

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 02:26 PM
    We've got this to look forward to, next week:

And that's just a sampling of the speakers to expect. Other featured guests include Google co-founder Sergey Brin, Twitter CEO **** Costolo, Nest co-founder and CEO Tony Fadell, Dropbox co-founder and CEO Drew Houston and BlackBerry CEO John Chen. Heck, even Ryan Seacrest will be on hand.
    Code Conference | Media & Tech Conference | Re/code
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/101694188
    Last edited by Corbu; 05-23-14 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Link added
    05-23-14 02:31 PM
    Though Frank has more experience working in telecom than CMO.
    Last edited by leafs123; 05-23-14 at 02:59 PM.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-23-14 02:43 PM
    We've got this to look forward to, next week:

Code Conference | Media & Tech Conference | Re/code
    "Twitter CEO **** Costolo". Costolo must be D!ck. LoL
    Last edited by bungaboy; 05-23-14 at 05:53 PM.
    05-23-14 03:51 PM
    "Twitter CEO **** Costolo". Coastal must be D!ck. LoL
    Oh my ....
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    05-23-14 04:05 PM
    Looks like the street is still bearish on the stock, despite positive reports of the Z3 launch and recent talk of project Ion.

http://www.schaeffersresearch.com/ma...aspx?ID=121216

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    05-23-14 04:25 PM
    Oh my ....
    Attachment 273207
    05-23-14 05:54 PM
    Weekend OT:
    w/ Special dedicace to CJ

! MORE COWBELL !

( -> 4:50)
    05-23-14 06:17 PM
    SF...you're an honorary Canadian now so we might as well share this little Canadian treasure with you:

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    05-23-14 06:36 PM
    From here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...rticle-933651/

Tech marketing guru says Chen right for BlackBerry
    Terry Pender
    May 21, 2014

KITCHENER — Geoffrey Moore, a legend in marketing high-tech products, had a front-row seat a few years ago when John Chen was leading the turnaround at Sybase.

Long before Chen was appointed chief executive officer of BlackBerry last fall — with a mandate to resurrect the once dominate smartphone maker — Moore watched Chen lead Sybase out of the red by moving the software company aggressively into the mobile-data space.

"So I wouldn't count BlackBerry out," Moore said in a phone interview. "I certainly never would count John Chen out of any game."

Moore, author of Crossing the Chasm, an exploration of high-tech marketing that has sold more than one million copies, is one of the speakers at Communitech's 2014 Tech Leadership Conference on May 29 at Bingemans.

"I know John Chen extremely well, because he and I worked closely together when he was at Sybase," Moore said.

Under Chen's leadership, Sybase returned to profitability in 2000, stayed that way for 55 consecutive quarters and was sold to SAP in 2010 for $5.8 billion. At its low point, Sybase had a market capitalization of $362 million.

"I watched John Chen take that hand at Sybase," Moore said. "He just fought his way back into the game. He couldn't catch the very next wave, but he caught the wave after that and he got back into mobile in a different way, around more the enterprise infrastructure for mobile."

When the financial crisis hit in 2008-2009, Sybase was ready with analytics software that became a necessary purchase for many investment bankers.

"He was able to recapture momentum in the analytics category, which was very lucrative and funded him well for the short- to medium-term," Moore said.

At the same time, Sybase was moving to help the enterprise get applications on mobile devices. Moore worked with Chen in this area, and recommended Sybase first concentrate on iPhones, because it was clear Apple was going to win the battle for the smartphone market.

"SAP saw their applications running on iPhones and then iPads, and they went: 'Holy smoke, that's what I want.' And they bought the company," Moore said.

Moore, also the author of Escape Velocity, Inside the Tornado and Living on the Fault Line, describes Chen as being charming, intelligent and practical.

This fall, BlackBerry will release its latest operating system — BES12. With the ability to handle all mobile platforms, and personal and business uses, on the same servers, it is a key part of Chen's turnaround strategy. Moore believes it is a shrewd move.

Moore said he speaks with 100 to 300 chief information officers a year and they would all welcome a system that can handle professional and personal mobile devices, across all platforms.

The last thing CIOs want to do is cobble together software from Apple, Google and Microsoft to manage their employees' mobile devices, he said.

"I think that's the playbook, at least a start down that road. There is so much work to be done. There is so much opportunity in that space."

Other speakers at the Tech Leadership conference include Kristine Stewart, managing director of Twitter Canada, and branding expert Scott Bedbury, who was behind Nike's 'Just Do it' campaign.
    rim4ever, zyben, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    05-23-14 07:18 PM
    From here.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...rticle-933651/

Terry Pender
    May 21, 2014

KITCHENER � Geoffrey Moore, a legend in marketing high-tech products, had a front-row seat a few years ago when John Chen was leading the turnaround at Sybase.

Long before Chen was appointed chief executive officer of BlackBerry last fall � with a mandate to resurrect the once dominate smartphone maker � Moore watched Chen lead Sybase out of the red by moving the software company aggressively into the mobile-data space.

"So I wouldn't count BlackBerry out," Moore said in a phone interview. "I certainly never would count John Chen out of any game."

Moore, author of Crossing the Chasm, an exploration of high-tech marketing that has sold more than one million copies, is one of the speakers at Communitech's 2014 Tech Leadership Conference on May 29 at Bingemans.

"I know John Chen extremely well, because he and I worked closely together when he was at Sybase," Moore said.

Under Chen's leadership, Sybase returned to profitability in 2000, stayed that way for 55 consecutive quarters and was sold to SAP in 2010 for $5.8 billion. At its low point, Sybase had a market capitalization of $362 million.

"I watched John Chen take that hand at Sybase," Moore said. "He just fought his way back into the game. He couldn't catch the very next wave, but he caught the wave after that and he got back into mobile in a different way, around more the enterprise infrastructure for mobile."

When the financial crisis hit in 2008-2009, Sybase was ready with analytics software that became a necessary purchase for many investment bankers.

"He was able to recapture momentum in the analytics category, which was very lucrative and funded him well for the short- to medium-term," Moore said.

At the same time, Sybase was moving to help the enterprise get applications on mobile devices. Moore worked with Chen in this area, and recommended Sybase first concentrate on iPhones, because it was clear Apple was going to win the battle for the smartphone market.

"SAP saw their applications running on iPhones and then iPads, and they went: 'Holy smoke, that's what I want.' And they bought the company," Moore said.

Moore, also the author of Escape Velocity, Inside the Tornado and Living on the Fault Line, describes Chen as being charming, intelligent and practical.

This fall, BlackBerry will release its latest operating system � BES12. With the ability to handle all mobile platforms, and personal and business uses, on the same servers, it is a key part of Chen's turnaround strategy. Moore believes it is a shrewd move.

Moore said he speaks with 100 to 300 chief information officers a year and they would all welcome a system that can handle professional and personal mobile devices, across all platforms.

The last thing CIOs want to do is cobble together software from Apple, Google and Microsoft to manage their employees' mobile devices, he said.

"I think that's the playbook, at least a start down that road. There is so much work to be done. There is so much opportunity in that space."

Other speakers at the Tech Leadership conference include Kristine Stewart, managing director of Twitter Canada, and branding expert Scott Bedbury, who was behind Nike's 'Just Do it' campaign.
    Thanks for sharing...it's hard not to get caught up but...is it just us here or, are the tides finely turning?

I know my "spidey sense's" are tingling. I'm very impressed with JC's "let's try it" approach too.

05-23-14 08:08 PM
    Eyes open:
    http://www.wkrb13.com/markets/313253...rading-bbry-2/

theRock1975 and bungaboy like this.
    05-23-14 08:27 PM
    You'll have plenty of time to fix your security holes..
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-th-1-.jpg

When you're living IN A VAN DOWN by the RIVER!

Have a nice weekend team blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 09:04 PM
    I would love to get the opinion of Morgan and JL with respect to the volume now at about 129M for May, the lowest since it hit about 1.5B last Feb, and a similar pattern occurred in 2002, and again in Jan 2012, when the volume subsequently spiked. Also the options market with a increase in activity around the 7.50 for June weekly's prior to earnings mostly at the bid indicating selling calls, and a increase in the 7 puts, slightly bearish, at the time the stock is at super low volumes. With the code conference next week, any thoughts?
    Mr BBRY, bungaboy, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    05-24-14 02:10 AM
    I would love to get the opinion of Morgan and JL with respect to the volume now at about 129M for May, the lowest since it hit about 1.5B last Feb, and a similar pattern occurred in 2002, and again in Jan 2012, when the volume subsequently spiked. Also the options market with a increase in activity around the 7.50 for June weekly's prior to earnings mostly at the bid indicating selling calls, and a increase in the 7 puts, slightly bearish, at the time the stock is at super low volumes. With the code conference next week, any thoughts?
    Hi kadakn01!!

Good to see you posting to the thread. I can give you my insight into what is happening here, a simple chart of BBRY tells a story of where we have come from over the past few months:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-may-24-2014.png

We formed a sideways channel over the past few months by coming out of tax loss selling and into a new year. That December bottom has never been approached again this year so we'll deal with the double top that formed after the tremendous rally in January. We popped to $ 10.80, dropped back to $ 9.00 when we realized that Prem and his huge block of convertible bonds were deep in the money. We found support at $ 9.00 several times and rallied to test the recent highs again. All this time, we suspected that Prem might be selling shares of BBRY to get his holdings back in line with a 6% yield on his investment. Then came those awful earnings numbers in late March and we were taken down systematically to $ 7.00 a share. Today we look back and can see that a sharp revenue drop brought about a lower channel or trading range, one that looks rock solid today. I posted to the board at the beginning of the week that I think the stock is about to make a major move here. You can see that well defined downward sloping line with the green arrows that suggests that we have run our course as far as base building for this cycle.

The only thing worse than those revenue numbers in late March are more revenue numbers like that in June. That's the overhang on this stock, Q1 ER will be one that prevents large investors from taking sides in the stock. But at the same time that the volume has dropped off a cliff, the news is generally getting better and an upside surprise makes far more sense here. Traders have put a downside cap on the stock, it refuses to drop below the $ 7.18/shr area and so what can't go down usually has to go up, it can't trend here for much longer. The day of reckoning is likely to occur this coming week.

Here is a close-up of the stock today:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-may-24b-2014.png

You will notice that the base is much longer than the downside line, this means that there are ample funds to support the stock. I write naked Puts in the $ 7.00 to $ 7.50 range for one reason, I don't expect to ever be assigned the underlying stock. Many others are seeing that this base is solid and they are stepping up to set their entrance point too. If a little investor like me can write 500 - 1,500 Puts, think of how many large investors can sell. This price range has become a logical area to set your limits and prepare for the next move. The premiums on those Calls make buying and writing the stock profitable too. I truly believe that we are setting up for a very nice pop to $ 9.00/shr soon.

To summarize, I don't see anything other than the fear of Q1 that can get in the way of this trade at this time. I am extremely impressed with Chen and BB too, I haven't felt this comfortable in several months and it's a welcome relief from those September days!
    bungaboy, Corbu, zyben and 20 others like this.
    05-24-14 08:59 AM
    OT ALERT!!!! BIOTECH UPDATE!!!!

I thought I would pass on the recent developments of the Biotech world. Both the IBB and the NBI Indexes have punched through their 50-dma on Thursday's close and confirmed that they are ready to rally here. Many of you have an interest in Biotech so you should be aware that we have finally ended a 25% downside bear market in Biotech stocks and have made our way back to a bullish stance on those investments.

The charts:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ibb-index-may-24-2014.png

The IBB Index is now above the 50-dma but what is more important is the fact that a downtrend line is present that needs to be cleared as well. there is some resistance at this point but a rally above the horz. lines and over that downtrend line sets us up for a major comeback in the sector.

Have a look at the NBI too:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-nbi-index-may-24-2014.png

The NBI Index is pressing up against a down sloping line too but this one looks as though it can easily be broken. It closed above resistance yesterday and wants to turn higher soon.

Against that back-drop, we have HALO, it is making a major move without news right now:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-may-24-2014.png

The stock is about to break-out of that $ 8.00 to $ 8.25 range and take out its downtrend line as part of the general move in the sector. The key here is the relationship between the 3-ema and its 20-ema, we closed above the 20-ema yesterday by one penny but this is the first time in months that we are showing signs of life by clearing that 20-ema. When the 3-ema is above the 20-ema, we rally non-stop. Couple this with an FDA lift on their hold on the P20 drug program and you could see a major move in the days again. So the good news is that both Indexes want to end the bear market and turn into the powerful sector they once were. I hope some of you have been patient enough to win back your funds or make some new money.
    05-24-14 09:18 AM
    Safety guide for BlackBerry Z3 India hits web. May launch very soon | BBin - India 's Best BlackBerry Community

The new BlackBerry Z3 made an exciting start last week by going out of stock on its first weekend in Indonesia. The 5″ entry model have surprised all reviewers around the world with its superb performance & stability. Our guess of June launch in India is turning real as BlackBerry releases the Safety and Product Information guide of Indian variant on their website. As expected, it is the same STJ100-1 model as the original Jakarta sporting the specifications mentioned below. BlackBerry Z3 is expected to launch next month in India with a price tagging around Rs. 12K-14K.
    05-24-14 10:46 AM
113,256 ... 26202621262226232624 ...