View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    if you are investor in Blackberry, bull or bear. or in the future, want to research about a product, then you must read this article. this gal is good.
    Even though the article is about Blackberry.
    twitter investors should pay attention.
    BlackBerry Demystified 7: Tapping The CIA For Information Beats Using A Ouija Board (Or Purely Relying On Twitter Or Google Trends) - BlackBerry Ltd. (NASDAQ:BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-twitter.jpg

"Due to the weakness of Google Trends (being a lagging indicator), it ends up benefiting the bears on the opening day of the Z3 sales. Without knowing more about the problems of Google Trends (or if bears knew but were betting they could outsmart the bulls), a quick glance at the chart on or before May 15th would give the superficial conclusion that the interest in the Jakarta Z3 was limited. BlackBerry's Eric Lai has since disproved the article released by Indian news media about the Z3's lukewarm reception by releasing photos from the sales at the world's 10th largest building, the Central Park Mall. I find the whole event a good lesson in distrusting the media: Indonesia never once said the interest was lukewarm. It is a news agency from outside of the country that says it is so. And why was there no pictures from the Indian Times to support their argument that the queue was short? Nevertheless, that article spread like wildfire on Twitter. Though 7,200 to 7,800 miles separate India from New York, the negative message nevertheless impacted the stock."
    Last edited by sidhuk; 05-20-14 at 10:48 AM.
    05-20-14 10:21 AM
    Nico Rosberg talks BBM Channels:

05-20-14 10:21 AM
    Maybe the news are just not good enough. Was/ is the Z3 launch successful? Nobody knows exactly and uncertainty is never good for the stock price.
    Let's wait and see.

We will see a lot of new producs from BB from summer to the end of the year:
    - a software surprise in the summer (think BBM for desktop)
    - Classic device
    - Windemere device
    - Special medical device
    - BES 12, BES in the cloud.
    - BBM for WP8
    - New high end full Touchscreen announcement
    - BB10 10.3 launch.
    ... and more?
    All of this in a time range of lets say 6 months.
    This should create enough momentum to move the SP up - if the launches are well orchestrated and supported by a marketing campaign.
    But BB needs some momentum first to build a marketing campaign on top.
    Valid points. With everything they have in the pipe line right now, I'm just surprised by the lack of movement though. I find it strange, I guess. Let's hope some numbers being released, as well as a few other goodies, gets this party rolling again!
    bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    05-20-14 10:51 AM
    Ja

Sent from my awesome Z30
    05-20-14 10:56 AM
    Some one commented on SA site.

"
    @author, Z3 is expected in India, Phillipines and Thailand no later than June. Indonesia google trends on z3 vs moto g & moto e is highly encouraging. Considering 2 authorized partners for z3 that have 20 dealers each in Jakarta, a run rate of 700 devices sold per day per dealer leads to 28k sold per day. And this is just Jakarta. If this run rate tapers to avg 15k per day, we're talking 450k per month or 1.3 mil per quarter. So range of sell-through expected is between 1.3 and 2.5 mil. Rest of Indonesia is another story. Conservative addressable market is 36 mil for 2014."

There's is another comment . 6100 rupees is about $100.
    [url]https://www.zauba.com/[/url
    https://www.zauba.com/import-blackberry-z3-hs-code.html
    "Zauba website lists the wholesale value for new z3 device at 6,105 INR. This site tracks India's imports. For example type in the word z10 blackberry and you will see all imported products. Very useful to see the increased amount of z10 being imported during the past two months. Highest dollar value as compared to prior 2 years. Blackberry imported 18 z3 devices on April 22 to India for testing purposes showing the value of 6,105 INR. Author please review this website and share your thoughts on its relevance to checking bb recovery process."

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    i think the poster are to optimistic...it is clear 700 unit Z3 sold during pre order in total, per authorized partner, not per dealer...they also only prepare 2.000 unit for Z3 launch event. 36 million a year in in indonesia would be a record because average smartphone sales in indonesia are less than 3 million phone per quarter in total (including every brand)

moto g have weak google trend against Z3, because motorola (smartphone) in indonesia are almost non existed....
    rarsen and JLagoon like this.
    05-20-14 11:08 AM
    yup...not all the phone selling with $50 discount, my bad. and the max discount are not $50 but $45

but here a better detail for BB Z3 promotion, grand launch event...400 unit get 400k discount, 1200 unit get 200k discount...if you have credit card from BCA or BNI, while undisclosed number get 500k discount from XL (carrier).

the posters above from your link have to pay normal price for other 2 Z3 because he buy more than 1, the rule are clear max 1 unit per person for special price Z3 phone.

BlackBerry Z3 GRAND LAUNCHING di Central Park Mall, Cashback hingga Rp. 500.000 dengan kartu kredit BNI dan BCA | BCA, Blackberry, BNI, Central Park Mall, XL | Katalogpromosi.com | Informasi promosi dan diskon belanja dan kartu kredit terkini
    Thanks Garnok.
    and where did you get the info that only 25000 z3 were available for the launch? for the entire Indonesia?
    05-20-14 11:11 AM
    Thanks Garnok.
    and where did you get the info that only 25000 z3 were available for the launch? for the entire Indonesia?
    from Jhon chen said they only making 25.000 limited edition BB Jakarta and their partner said it is available for pre order and launch, plus every Z3 being sold right now in indonesia are only BB Z3 limited edition no normal edition BB Z3 to be found..
    rarsen, sidhuk, W Hoa and 1 others like this.
    05-20-14 11:29 AM
    Wait for the early numbers. Just over a month away.
    Corbu, sidhuk, zyben and 1 others like this.
    05-20-14 11:38 AM
    Wait for the early numbers. Just over a month away.
    I agree but, got too much time on hand right now LoL.
    here are some of the online sites.
    Most showing sold out. few with have them in stock but the are asking more than reported price.
    18 popular online shopping sites in Indonesia (2014 edition)
    Jual BLACKBERRY Z3 (Garansi TAM) - Black - Smart Phone BlackBerry - Harga, Spesifikasi, dan Review
    blackberry z3 - Buy blackberry z3 at Best Price in Indonesia | Lazada.co.id
    05-20-14 11:48 AM
    I love that last line. Very interesting read. I was most surprised about the analysis on the "square" look of the phone. Interesting insight on different trends on different sides of the globe.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    05-20-14 12:29 PM
    Since it's a slow day, I will go ahead and post this....

It seems like the Z3 has been spotted in Vietnam (imported from Indonesia).
    Don't have a very good translation from Vietnamese. Maybe someone can do a better translation....

Hot: Blackberry Z3 surprise appearance in pubs in Hanoi
    (LDO) into two - 6:43 PM, 05/20/2014 FACEBOOK IN THE WRITTEN COMMENTS
    The Z3 Blackberry has launched a few days ago has been a breeze diners at a beer shop in Hanoi.
    The Blackberry Z3 not locked on the network, can use the network in any country. Through the review, this handset is not every trial for its employees.

The owner of the phone said, the BlackBerry Z3 buy and hold him back from Indonesia with $ 4.2 million.

Here's the original link-

Hot: Blackberry Z3 bất ngờ xuất hiện ở quán bia tại Hà Nội | Khoa học - Công nghệ | laodong.com.vn

What I find interesting is that on the back, I don't see 'Jakarta'.

Does this mean that they have been selling the 'normal' handsets too, apart from the 25,000 special edition Jakarta ones that most say are the only ones being sold ?
    sidhuk, Corbu, bigbadben10 and 5 others like this.
    05-20-14 12:51 PM
    If the new Z3 is selling so well why is it not being reflected in BBRY?
    05-20-14 01:04 PM
    It's like asking "if Apple is doing well why is it red today"?
    05-20-14 01:11 PM
    It's like asking "if Apple is doing well why is it red today"?
    Apple seems to really hit your "button"! LOL!
    I see the penguins are still clapping!
    05-20-14 01:45 PM
    OT - In other news:

Apple 'Penalizes' People For Ditching Their iPhones, Lawsuit Claims

"Put simply, Apple's iMessage service and Messages application penalizes those Apple device owners who deign to switch away from Apple to other non-Apple wireless cellular devices. These former Apple device owners are penalized and injured by having Apple's iMessage service and Messages application fail to deliver text messages sent from Apple devices to the new non-Apple devices of these former Apple device users."
    Apple 'Penalizes' People For Ditching Their iPhones, Lawsuit Claims
    zyben, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    05-20-14 01:49 PM
    Apple seems to really hit your "button"! LOL!

No, nothing to do with Apple (as I mentioned before that I have many Apple products). I was just trying to point out how ridiculous that question was.

I see the penguins are still clapping!
    I thought it was "clapping seals", now we clapping penguins?
    BTW, I think that seals and penguins are adorable...LOL
    05-20-14 02:00 PM
    Just to put this out there - might be the market has factored in that the 520 for Nokia sold a lot but had virtually no impact on profitability. Now someone might wanted to argue that BBRY also provides value added services and I wouldn't argue with that - it's if the market makes that link that will move the share price.
    05-20-14 02:33 PM
    Oh and I know its tuesday but can we get back to weekends being chilled cease-fire events? yes we can have our rucks and arguments in the week but I think we should go back to chat at weekends.
    05-20-14 02:58 PM
    Perv. LoL
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-seal.jpg
    plasmid_boy and bungaboy like this.
    05-20-14 04:03 PM
    Verizon promoting BB devices to business customers:

Until June 30th, Verizon is encouraging businesses to upgrade to a BlackBerry 10 device with an incentive of up to $150 off each line with a new 2-year activation on a $34.99 or higher plan. The ad is targeted to business customers from Verizon's Enterprise Center.

For consumers, the Z10 and Q10 are free, the Z30 is $99.99 on a 2-year contract. Interestingly, the Bold 9900 and 9930 are also $99.99 on contract.

BlackBerry 10 devices are labelled as XLTE-ready, referring to Verizon's new expanded LTE service. Verizon forums state that it will give greater bandwidth and faster speeds. XLTE launched today, May 19th.

Verizon promoting BlackBerry 10 devices with $150 per line Incentive Credit - BerryVerse.com - The 1st BlackBerry Universal Community
    05-20-14 04:33 PM
    No, nothing to do with Apple (as I mentioned before that I have many Apple products). I was just trying to point out how ridiculous that question was.

You are quite correct. The infamouse troll post of September 21, 2013.

Never forget!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-greggebhardt-cb-post-sep-21.jpg
    05-20-14 04:51 PM
    You are quite correct. The infamouse troll post of September 21, 2013.

Never forget!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Greggebhardt CB post Sep 21.JPG 
Views:	1707 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	272254
    Haha...
    I used to have photographic memory.
    Who knew it would become useful on an online forum...LOL
    05-20-14 04:57 PM
    Haha...
    I used to have photographic memory.
    Who knew it would become useful on an online forum...LOL
    I thought it was photogenic? LoL
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    05-20-14 05:01 PM
    I thought it was photogenic? LoL
    No. Your confused with either Seniors or the stuff that makes leaves green. LoL
    plasmid_boy, rarsen and sidhuk like this.
    05-20-14 05:20 PM
    Public Mobile quietly releases the Moto G and BlackBerry Q5

Public Mobile quietly releases the Moto G and BlackBerry Q5 | MobileSyrup.com
    plasmid_boy, Corbu, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    05-20-14 05:58 PM
113,251 ... 26162617261826192620 ...