View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Old article but I couldn't recall what the sharing deal was between BlackBerry and Foxconn.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...31223?irpc=932

According to this, BlackBerry has a fixed margin that they will make on the Z30 and then anything beyond that there is some proportion of % sharing between the two parties.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    Did you mean Z3?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 08:20 PM
    I'm not buying into that again. Every other BB10 device sold out at some point in time, and all turned out to be utter BS.
    But this time is different though. Sell like hell! Something something hot cakes.
    05-17-14 09:11 PM
    Did you mean Z3?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, sorry for the typo. Fixing now.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    05-17-14 09:12 PM
    if you want to compare between samsung than BlackBerry security track record it is fair....but what is the difference between south korea and canada? it still foreign countries for UK government...

you know the different between south and north korean do you ?
    Garnok,

Is this a serious question?

Do you know how the Monarchy and Canada are intertwined?

Better do some due diligence before asking such a question, unless you were kidding.

As for the difference between S and N Korea? Yeah, there are a lot of differences, but none relevant to the topic.
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    05-18-14 12:30 AM
    http://www.phonedog.com/2014/05/17/p...m-is-the-best/

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-18-14 01:09 AM
    Garnok,

Is this a serious question?

Do you know how the Monarchy and Canada are intertwined?

Better do some due diligence before asking such a question, unless you were kidding.

As for the difference between S and N Korea? Yeah, there are a lot of differences, but none relevant to the topic.
    The Monarchy in the UK and Canada is irrelevant to bring up in this discussion. The Monarchy is simply a legacy in Canada with relation to how the government is structured. Just because Canada and the UK share the same monarch and the figure head of state, doesn't mean that they're somehow intertwined.

Canada, UK and Australia (let's include them as another example) are all sovereign states. The relation between each country is autonomous and is not closely influenced by the Monarchy.

PS. I'm Canadian.
    05-18-14 01:58 AM
    Happy Victoria Day...

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    Corbu, bungaboy, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    05-18-14 03:57 AM
    More lineups today. Taken from the Z3 selling out thread.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crackberry-image-17-.jpg

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, jxnb, Corbu and 8 others like this.
    05-18-14 06:59 AM
    Poll: Which mobile platform is the best? | PhoneDog

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-phone-dog-poll.jpg
    05-18-14 07:21 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140518_072923.png

Lol.

05-18-14 08:30 AM
    This isn't worth the paper it's written on (get it?), bit thought I'd share:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140518_075555.png

bungaboy, La Emperor and sidhuk like this.
    05-18-14 08:57 AM
    Some hard numbers for sales in ONE location: Central Park Mall, Jakarta.

Since the early first day of the exhibition, people storm the booth to purchased their BlackBerry Jakarta, data that we can get from the floor sales on day one (873 units sold) and day two (972 units sold). Constantly increasing since today is the last day for the exhibition all distributor's hoping can close this final day sales at 1.000 unit plus sales!
    BlackBerry Z3 Jakarta Edition strikes a �Home Run� in Indonesia | LhaIni.com

More sales pics:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-photo-3.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-photo-2.jpg
    bungaboy, lech31, Corbu and 12 others like this.
    05-18-14 09:13 AM

IMO. The best ever BlackBerry advertisement.
    Or for any phone?
    Blackberry Revenge.
    http://www.berryreview.com/2014/05/1...berry-revenge/
    05-18-14 09:48 AM
    And one last one for Facebook users.
    Just protect your self.
    http://thehackernews.com/2014/05/lol...viral.html?m=1

bungaboy likes this.
    05-18-14 10:31 AM
    Some hard numbers for sales in ONE location: Central Park Mall, Jakarta.

BlackBerry Z3 Jakarta Edition strikes a “Home Run” in Indonesia | LhaIni.com

More sales pics:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo-3.jpg 
Views:	1671 
Size:	385.2 KB 
ID:	271664

Name:	Photo-2.jpg 
Views:	1665 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	271665
    and here is the total number for BB Z3 grand launch event , BlackBerry prepare 2000 unit available for promotion period 16-18 may 2014.

BB Z3 promotion period price Rp 1.799.000 (around $155), normal price rp 2.199.000 (around $195)

look like from number W hoa provide, BB Z3 sold out on their grand launch event

and when i visit Blackberry experience store yesterday i could see it is quite pack with visitors, significant increase if you compare situation before Z3 launch when BB store are almost empty everyday.

SOLOPOS.COM : SMARTPHONE TERBARU : Besok Masa Promo Habis, Blackberry Z3 Jadi Rp2,1 Juta - BB Jakarta BB z3 blakberru jakarta harga blackberry harga blackberry z3 smartphone terbaru -Tekno
    Last edited by garnok; 05-18-14 at 12:20 PM.
    jxnb and silversun10 like this.
    05-18-14 11:56 AM
    SA article reporting on success of the Z3 and reiterating long term hold rating on the stock.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/2224...?uprof=45&dr=1

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-18-14 02:18 PM
    Blackberry's CEO - WSJ.com

Blackberry's CEO Takes Long-Term View

John Chen, who took over at the company in November, discusses his high-stakes plan to return to profit

Just five years ago, BlackBerry Ltd. accounted for roughly half of the smartphone market in North America. Today its share is a mere 0.6%, according to research firm IDC. As consumers have flocked to Apple and Android-powered phones world-wide, the Waterloo, Ontario-based firm has faltered. For its fiscal fourth quarter ended March 1, the company reported a net loss of $423 million.

Chief Executive John Chen was drafted to take over the company in November, and is tasked with reversing the decline.

Mr. Chen has implemented a high-stakes plan to return BlackBerry to profit by outsourcing much of its hardware business to Taiwan's Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., known as Foxconn, which produces most of the world's iPhones and iPads.

BlackBerry's enterprise business�which provides secure phones and software to businesses and governments�has also been under pressure. It is unclear if the company can woo everyday customers to its new low-cost smartphone, which it released Tuesday in Indonesia, one of its last remaining strongholds.

In an interview in Jakarta at the launch event for the new Z3 phone, the 58-year-old Mr. Chen�a Hong Kong native who came to the U.S. to attend prep school in Massachusetts�discussed BlackBerry's long-term prospects, how his background in advanced mathematics helps to solve technology problems and his love for symphonies.

Edited excerpts:

WSJ: BlackBerry's market share has fallen globally while Android's has surged. Why should consumers buy a BlackBerry phone?

Mr. Chen: Android's strength isn't really the quality of the phone, which BlackBerry has. BlackBerry phones are always well put together. We have a great BlackBerry Messenger experience, a great operating system. And it's the most secure phone. Secure not only in data but in personal identity. Younger consumers love all kinds of apps, and BlackBerry runs 98% of all the Android apps. All BlackBerry die-hards know they can run Android apps.

WSJ: Are you convinced that BlackBerry can have a presence in the consumer phone space and not simply be enterprise-focused?

Mr. Chen: With our relationship with Foxconn and the ability to build a competitively priced phone with our operating system, it's an easy way for us to tell our consumers that we do care and we would like to pay back their loyalty. Also, in developing countries in Asia, today's consumer is tomorrow's enterprise. I'm really building a presence in the market that allows us to move up into the enterprise space.

I know there's been a lot of negative news about BlackBerry. I came in as a turnaround guy, so by definition, it isn't good. I've said it will take me a while to fix this stuff. But what people may not recognize and appreciate is that the company is really focused on execution. We're building great technology and software.

WSJ: The Z3 is approximately $191 dollars. Will you release an even cheaper, sub-$100 smartphone?

Mr. Chen: I'm not going to go down to a sub-$100 phone, at least not anywhere in the near future. I'd like to add more features. Someone asked me, could you ever sell a $400 phone again? The answer is yes, depending on what's in the phone.

WSJ: Five years from now, will BlackBerry be a global player or a more niche, enterprise-focused firm?

Mr. Chen: No, why would I do a niche thing? I got a lot of CEO offers before. I'd like to become a strong software and infrastructure provider of everything that connects to each other. Why would people buy from BlackBerry? Partly because of the know-how, patents and security. Today I'm building toward those goals. It will take a while but I have to first return the company to profitability.

WSJ: Is it personally difficult to run a company that is seen to be struggling?

Mr. Chen: A turnaround CEO is like an emergency room doctor. You have to act quickly, be decisive, not be phased by negative things. And you can't be emotionally involved. You have to be clinical. Because once you're emotionally involved you start not making the right decisions quick enough. Is it difficult? That's my job. That's what I do. My constitution is I love working on complex, high-risk, high-reward puzzles. It's actually exciting.

WSJ: How do you tackle technology-related problems?

Mr. Chen: The problems I'm solving are dynamic, they're not static. Everything from consumer preferences to enterprise priorities in terms of security or risk management. I studied electrical engineering, and this is like when you study nonlinear differential equations. The answer to those problems often times is a model, not an absolute. I love that. I know I'm dealing with fast-moving models.

WSJ: Are you an autocratic leader or more of a democratic leader?

Mr. Chen: I believe there's a time to discuss and a time to act. I don't like to confuse the two. I have a cadence with our management team where we put up problems, everyone goes to collect data and analysis, and when we come together every two weeks to tackle the decision points, I get advice from everyone, and then I decide. I like getting knowledge from my team, but like a model, the right decision changes with time. If you stay on a problem long enough, especially in technology, it changes. A nondecision is always wrong.

WSJ: What do you do to relax?

Mr. Chen: I used to read a lot and play a lot of golf. I now just play a lot of golf. I have a bad back and when I read I have bad posture. But I do like to read. I've been reading a lot of Chinese literature. I grew up in Hong Kong, and Chinese was somewhat forced on me. I never really appreciated that these people who died 3,000 years ago have something to say. Now I don't have to study it and I really appreciate it.

WSJ: What are your hobbies?

Mr. Chen: I go to a lot of symphonies. My entire family is quite keen on music. I always find that I can enjoy the piece much more if I understand when it was written by the composer and what was going through his life. You might hear a piece that sounds chaotic and angry, and if you know the composer was having a difficult time through war or with the passing of a loved one, you can really understand. Not everything is 1812 Tchaikovsky.

WSJ: What would a symphony of your life right now sound like? Would it be chaotic?

Mr. Chen: Oh no, I consider myself a very happy person. I'm very privileged and thankful. Being born in Asia and giving me an appreciation for the cultures here, and then studying in the U.S., I couldn't be better trained in being an entrepreneur. The opportunity of being a first-generation immigrant in the tech world centered around Silicon Valley in the 1980s and 1990s, I don't think anyone could have been luckier living through that era.

R�sum�
    Work history: Before joining BlackBerry, Mr. Chen was chief executive of Sybase Inc. He also held senior positions at Siemens AG, Burroughs Corp. and Pyramid Technology Corp. He began his career as a Unisys Corp. design engineer.

Education: Mr. Chen has a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Brown University and a master's in electrical engineering from the California Institute of Technology.

Outside interests: Reading, golf and classical music.
    05-18-14 02:38 PM
    Bingo!!!

John Chen . . .

" . . . A nondecision is always wrong. . . "
    sidhuk, Corbu, jxnb and 5 others like this.
    05-18-14 02:53 PM
    Personally, I would be cautious in taking any numbers or info seriously given by outside sources other than BlackBerry when it comes to the Z3. I remember how we posted (myself included) from sites like Gadget Masters when BB10 launched on how great the Z10 was doing in stores. We saw how that worked out.
    techvisor likes this.
    05-18-14 03:07 PM
    [QUOTE=garnok;
    BB store are almost empty everyday.
    [/QUOTE]
    Garnok.

So what I understood from your post and plz correct me if I am wrong.
    1. Only 2000 z3 units for the grand opening for the entire city of Jakarta. Or for the entire country.
    2. Grand opening was only at the Blackberry stores.

The one thing I am confused about from your quote that," BB Store" "are"?
    Only one blackberry store or more than one?
    Grand opening was at one blackberry store or multiple?
    Thanks in advance.

05-18-14 03:22 PM
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/05/...rong-pictures/

So reading this is more clear now. That there are other retailers in jakarta who were also selling z3.

"
    Thanks to my Asian colleagues Hans Sabastian and Yolanda Nainggolan, I?ve been able to get a few more details and pictures ? out of Jakarta, where our Z3 smartphone was launched on Friday.

As I reported yesterday, the Z3 sold out on Friday at retailers around Jakarta, including our main promotional event in the city?s upscale Central Park Mall, where buyers lined up outside the mall before the event.

Here?s a snapshot of our sales counter in Central Park. According to�my colleagues,�as of the end of Saturday, BlackBerry has now sold more than 1,250 smartphones at Central Park alone."
    bungaboy, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    05-18-14 03:35 PM
    Yabut, yabut . . . there is nobody on stage so BlackBerry SUX!!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-top-view-central-park-mall-blackberry.jpg
    05-18-14 03:58 PM
    Yabut, yabut . . . there is nobody on stage so BlackBerry SUX!!!

Name:	top-view-central-park-mall-blackberry.jpg 
Views:	1147 
Size:	182.7 KB 
ID:	271743
    HaH! BlackBerry can't even get a band to play for them. Dead Company! DOA! Too Little Too Late!
    sidhuk, morganplus8 and Mr BBRY like this.
    05-18-14 04:31 PM
    HaH! BlackBerry can't even get a band to play for them. Dead Company! DOA! Too Little Too Late!
    Make up your mind Bro. Either dead company or DOA.
    Can't have both

Lol

bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    05-18-14 04:59 PM
    Make up your mind Bro. Either dead company or DOA.
    Can't have both

Lol

Z3 man. The Z3! LoL
    sidhuk likes this.
    05-18-14 05:03 PM
113,256 ... 26132614261526162617 ...