View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT from the Related Technologies file related to Tesla stock, but guaranteed to put a smile on your face. And even better as it is a bit long, when accompanied with some liquid refreshment as approaching after-hours and the weekend. I agree with the author, as we tend to react to primal things -- things like fire, blood and boobs. Can we find out what smartphone technology is used with Tesla vehicles, would be nice if they used my favorite and safety secure brand.

What it's like to own a Tesla Model S - A cartoonist's review of his magical space car - The Oatmeal
    Last edited by rarsen; 05-16-14 at 02:15 PM.
    Corbu, bungaboy, 3_M4N and 4 others like this.
    05-16-14 02:00 PM
    http://www.complex.com/tech/2014/05/...astest-texters

Anyone here use this http://fleksy.com/? I still haven't watched the video attached. I'm surprised to see a touch screen phone be the one used to attain the fastest typing title.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    I've used it on Android. It has elements of BB10 in it.
    05-16-14 02:40 PM
    OT from the Related Technologies file related to Tesla stock, but guaranteed to put a smile on your face. And even better as it is a bit long, when accompanied with some liquid refreshment as approaching after-hours and the weekend. I agree with the author, as we tend to react to primal things -- things like fire, blood and boobs. Can we find out what smartphone technology is used with Tesla vehicles, would be nice if they used my favorite and safety secure brand.

What it's like to own a Tesla Model S - A cartoonist's review of his magical space car - The Oatmeal
    They have their own OS based on Linux.
    rarsen likes this.
    05-16-14 02:47 PM
    But, I'm sorry, your never ending "marketing" points/views/arguments are slightly OT in this thread. It's very Ok and welcome if it refers to a news or a specific launch event which could impact the SP, but your are deep scanning each and every tiny move of whatever has BlackBerry printed on.

Really, I know you are a shareholder and you tend to help us understand "marketing" stuff, yet it appears you somehow flood this thread in exagerated volume.
    This thread is not "the shareholders cofeeshop" (while it can be sometimes, say on a friendly mood) where we all share our views and appreciation of the overall company; as mentionned above, there are sections for that, either "general discussion" or "Armchair C.E.O", for example.

As a wise marketer, you may consider this as nothing but friendly; say to avoid a misunderstanding of your contribution here, resulting in bad perception, which I'm sure you don't deserve.

Cheers & have a nice weekend, all !
    This is an honest question then: what exactly is this particular thread for ? I'm not being funny - it's an honest question.

It's my observation that it's become a sort of lobby as a result of it being the largest thread, but it's also regularly full of all sorts of different comments and conversations. It was my understanding that its purpose was to discuss issues that affect the SP, vitality of the company, etc.

'I support BBRY and I buy shares' is a statement and not entirely self explanatory, so I do hope I'll be forgiven for not being certain of what is on topic or off topic.

What I have noticed is that if things are off topic or on topic, and critical or raise serious concerns, they tend to be hissed at by some people as trolling comments, etc., etc., but if things are effusively positive or even delusional they get more hearts than a pretty girl on valentines day.

This recent furore over the silly thermostat ad was the result of a few people attacking me for not understanding the hidden meaning of the ad, when in fact they had absolutely no idea what they were talking about.

Anyway, to be honest, I'm perfectly fine with not posting 'OT' comments in here, and making the majority of my comments elsewhere (the Armchair CEO section was actually created because of comments I made a long time ago).

I would still love to get a clear idea of exactly what IS on topic in this thread.

I think it's in danger of becoming a sort of cult in here (not referring to you), and I do hope folks don't end up losing too much money as a result of only listening to what they want to hear. The world isn't separated into us and idiots in the media or on Wall Street who just don't get it...although there are some very promising things going in, there are some BIG holes in the current BlackBerry approach, and no amount of charts (in all honesty, how helpful or predictive have the actually been?) and bird entrails are going to help us make informed investment decisions if we ignore that.

As I said, I would honestly appreciate a clear bit of guidance as to what is On Topic in this thread, and I will certainly oblige you (as you started the thread) by not writing anything off topic. Have a good weekend.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    05-16-14 03:36 PM
    the below link has the detailed 13F info as well as who owns puts and calls, rather than just shares, what is interesting is a reduction of puts from Goldman and an increase of calls from them. Also SAC and their spinoff Tourbillon (owns calls) took a decent size position. also several straddles as well, I suggest cllicking on shares held to organize by size, etc.

BBRY Hedge Fund and Asset Management Owners - Whalewisdom
    05-16-14 04:55 PM
    May 2-4 is upon us and aside from staying in the city this time around, it's time to let loose and have some extended weekend fun. Beers are going down well so I thought I'd check in with my couple of days assessment of my new toy....

I might as well start with the positives so I don't come across biased... but we all know I am.... lol
    - the screen is beautiful!!
    - The app selection is ********
    - The Google integration is so good it's almost creepy (who am I kidding... it is creepy). I really do like the Google voice assistant though. It really works well. I just said "what's the score in the Montreal game" and that's all it needed. Got the voice telling me (and in a mostly realistic tone) and the visual that had an option to get more detail.
    - BBM - It works as it's supposed to and has swipe gestures so I get my little BB10 fix throughout the day.

That about sums up the good....

The bad...
    - Screen is only beautiful indoors. Outdoors it sucks a$$. In fact it digs right in with a serving spoon.
    - Typing... I still have to try a few keyboards yet but man..... it's not even a contest with what I've tried. The Google keyboard says when you download it that it will store all keystrokes except passwords, so that includes user names, bank account numbers etc.... needless to say I uninstalled right away.
    - I hit the damn back button sooooo many times every day. Swiping on my Z10 has become second nature and so easy that having to constantly tap back, instead of a swipe, is a real pain in the arse.
    - seriously need a case. I feel this thing could slip out of my hand at any given moment and break.
    - The app selection is ********. Yes, this is a repeat... there are too many of the same bloody things. I was looking for a scanner app and tried out 6 different ones before I found one that worked as it was supposed to.
    - You need to find an app to fix the basic functions. I'm still looking for a calendar app that does't want to steal all my info or bombard me with adds.
    - Advertisements!! I downloaded an SMS app as the native one doesn't even have ******* smilies but then I was getting full page adds on my home screen... WTF man!!!
    Notification drop down... now this one is kinda handy but once you've looked at one email, and you had a notification for more than one, that notification goes away so you actually have to remember that there was an unread one there that you wanted to get back to so that means opening the email app.

Ok.. that's it for now. Still going to continue with it to see how I get along as 2 days isn't really enough to judge and as I get more proficient with it, I may become more inclined to find the good. I still hold, however, that this OS is far less efficient for the user than BB10.
    Corbu, zyben, jxnb and 15 others like this.
    05-16-14 06:25 PM
    This is an honest question then: what exactly is this particular thread for ? I'm not being funny - it's an honest question.

It's my observation that it's become a sort of lobby as a result of it being the largest thread, but it's also regularly full of all sorts of different comments and conversations. It was my understanding that its purpose was to discuss issues that affect the SP, vitality of the company, etc.

'I support BBRY and I buy shares' is a statement and not entirely self explanatory, so I do hope I'll be forgiven for not being certain of what is on topic or off topic.

What I have noticed is that if things are off topic or on topic, and critical or raise serious concerns, they tend to be hissed at by some people as trolling comments, etc., etc., but if things are effusively positive or even delusional they get more hearts than a pretty girl on valentines day.

This recent furore over the silly thermostat ad was the result of a few people attacking me for not understanding the hidden meaning of the ad, when in fact they had absolutely no idea what they were talking about.

Anyway, to be honest, I'm perfectly fine with not posting 'OT' comments in here, and making the majority of my comments elsewhere (the Armchair CEO section was actually created because of comments I made a long time ago).

I would still love to get a clear idea of exactly what IS on topic in this thread.

I think it's in danger of becoming a sort of cult in here (not referring to you), and I do hope folks don't end up losing too much money as a result of only listening to what they want to hear. The world isn't separated into us and idiots in the media or on Wall Street who just don't get it...although there are some very promising things going in, there are some BIG holes in the current BlackBerry approach, and no amount of charts (in all honesty, how helpful or predictive have the actually been?) and bird entrails are going to help us make informed investment decisions if we ignore that.

As I said, I would honestly appreciate a clear bit of guidance as to what is On Topic in this thread, and I will certainly oblige you (as you started the thread) by not writing anything off topic. Have a good weekend.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    I believe you focus too much on BlackBerry's marketing.

First of all, if you focus yourself on one company 24/7 you will always find flaws.

Also, we can't compare this company to Apple, Samsung,.. nor the company they were 3 years ago. They're targeting enterprise now and I like their new approach.

Just 2 days ago they came out with a blog post telling us about the financials of Good Technology and Iron Mobile. Especially Good is in a pretty bad state although they were yelling the loudest about BlackBerry before they received their 1Billion investment. Now it's BlackBerry's turn. So combine this blog post with a free-of-charge migration for every Good costumer to BES10.. IT departments won't feel too embarrassed about their past decisions and BlackBerry has earned future revenue.

This could turn out to be pretty efficient and effective if you ask me. No one cares about one blog post that might have missed it's point.

"I do hope folks don't end up losing too much money as a result of only listening to what they want to hear."

In the end we're all well aware of the risks we're taking. And because you have the opinion that their marketing approach isn't good, which might lead you to selling your shares, is just an opinion too. You don't know how their business will evolve, just like everyone else here. So when you say "... don't end up losing too much money as a result of only listening to what they want to hear" I wonder... What should I be hearing? What will make me sell my shares aside from a picture of a thermostat?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 04:17 AM
    Since it is the weekend I will point out I saw Prince last night and he was the awesome. No support, he just went at it for almost three hours. Never seen him before and more guitar heavy than I thought but absolutely amazing.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    05-17-14 07:01 AM
    Since it is the weekend I will point out I saw Prince last night and he was the awesome. No support, he just went at it for almost three hours. Never seen him before and more guitar heavy than I thought but absolutely amazing.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    That's a show that if I saw come to town I'd be all over. That man is a genius.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    sidhuk, bungaboy, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    05-17-14 08:27 AM

The man formally know as man you mean? Lol.

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    sidhuk, bungaboy and cjcampbell like this.
    05-17-14 09:18 AM

It was him and his female band - The most surprising thing to me was how good a guitar player he is - amazing stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    cjcampbell likes this.
    05-17-14 09:39 AM
    Two of my Most favorite guitar players. Prince and the Buddy Guy.
    Their Music and JD, Priceless

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    jxnb, bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    05-17-14 09:50 AM
    Use grain of salt or not really don't care but,
    Here it goes.
    http://utbblogs.com/blackberry/bbry-...upping-prices/

05-17-14 10:19 AM
    It was him and his female band - The most surprising thing to me was how good a guitar player he is - amazing stuff.

He's a pretty amazing musician all around, was Wendy Melvoin ripping solos on her guitar too? She amazes me.

bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    05-17-14 10:20 AM
    He's a pretty amazing musician all around, was Wendy Melvoin ripping solos on her guitar too? She amazes me.

He has a new band called 3rdeyegirl and had some spotlight moments and were pretty amazing as well.
    cjcampbell and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-17-14 10:37 AM
    Two of my Most favorite guitar players. Prince and the Buddy Guy.
    Their Music and JD, Priceless

Buddy Guy!!!!
    sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    05-17-14 11:21 AM

Ya man.... as Shane said, he's an all around musician. He plays it all and plays it all really well.
    05-17-14 12:07 PM
    05-17-14 02:45 PM
    I'm not buying into that again. Every other BB10 device sold out at some point in time, and all turned out to be utter BS.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 03:44 PM
    I'm not buying into that again. Every other BB10 device sold out at some point in time, and all turned out to be utter BS.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. Sell 2 million Z3 per month. Then that's something to crow about. Until then, get busy selling BlackBerry!

Posted by the indomitable Zed Ten.
    05-17-14 03:58 PM

Posted via CB10

Hold on a minute pal, by Union regs I am the licensed arch-skeptic on this thread - don't force a strike.
    05-17-14 04:02 PM
    Spotted in Berlin!

Not sure what the story is, but I thought it was worth sharing. From another CB thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...berlin-932069/

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140516_200258.jpg
    05-17-14 04:46 PM
    Thanks cgk. I'm going to go ahead and splash a few of those gorgeous pictures from Indonesia.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-central-park-jakarta-mall-5-1.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blackberry-central-park-jakarta-1.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-central-park-blackberry-mall-6.jpg
    05-17-14 05:03 PM
    Not good enough hoa! I want you to count every person in line

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 06:56 PM
    Old article but I couldn't recall what the sharing deal was between BlackBerry and Foxconn.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/id...31223?irpc=932

According to this, BlackBerry has a fixed margin that they will make on the Z3 and then anything beyond that there is some proportion of % sharing between the two parties.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    Last edited by dusdal; 05-17-14 at 09:12 PM.
    05-17-14 07:41 PM
113,256 ... 26122613261426152616 ...