View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    can i go off topic ever so quickly who here is a habs fan? (asked the ranger fan)
    i am!!!!!!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-habs-20-20banner-20pins-20-20all.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-go-habs.jpg
    sidhuk, Corbu, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    05-15-14 03:35 PM
    If BlackBerry can spend valuable time making ads for people about changing their thermostats, I reckon you can go of topic for a bit...it's almost ironically on topic...

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    You just don't get it! It's over your head I guess.
    Reed Richards likes this.
    05-15-14 03:36 PM
    That's not Chen on twitter.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-14 03:37 PM
    That's not Chen on twitter.
    Oh really? Who is it then?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 03:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    It's a parody account - although to be truthful it doesn't do much parody.
    05-15-14 04:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    He would have been verified as he is the CEO of a major company. Also, if you look back at the tweets, you'll prob find tweets from Heins' time.
    05-15-14 04:10 PM
    You just don't get it! It's over your head I guess.
    If you're talking about the aspect of BlackBerry marketing I mentioned, I will admit to being a member of the 99.9% who 'don't get it' lol.

05-15-14 04:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Kevin?
    sidhuk, howarmat and Superfly_FR like this.
    05-15-14 04:18 PM
    He would have been verified as he is the CEO of a major company. Also, if you look back at the tweets, you'll prob find tweets from Heins' time.
    You may be right but. The account started on February 19th this year.

Z30 the best smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-15-14 04:22 PM
    More on the Point 72 position (Former SAC Capital)

Company bought 11.2 million shares worth $91 million so this firm bought it at a SP of $8.12
    Although i don't like how this company was involved in insider trading, Cohan is still a smart man ranked 2nd in last year top hedge fund earners

Cohen’s SAC Bought Yahoo!, Blackberry as Firm Cut Industrials - Bloomberg
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    05-15-14 04:24 PM
    You may be right but. The account started on February 19th this year.

Z30 the best smart phone in the world.
    Em.. The description where they explain they are not John Chen might be a give away?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    05-15-14 04:29 PM
    Here's how BlackBerry is greeted in Indonesia http://blackberryempire.com/heres-ho...y/#more-165274

Posted via swift BlackBerry ? Z30!
    05-15-14 04:30 PM
    Bert Nordberg won't be going for re-election to the board, i can't remember who this guy is? significant lost or blow in the wind?
    EDIT: sounds like he was brought in during heins time to explore "strategic reviews" guess his job was done and no longer needed

TORONTO—A BlackBerry Ltd. BBRY +0.68% board member, who last year said the company could survive as a "niche" player, won't seek re-election to the board next month at its annual general meeting, according to a filing Thursday with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

Bert Nordberg, a veteran of the telecommunications industry from Sweden, was appointed to the board in February of last year and had been assigned to the board committee tasked with seeking strategic alternatives for BlackBerry, which at the time included a possible sale of the company.

BlackBerry failed to find a buyer last year, after calling off a tentative $4.7 billion go-private with its then-largest shareholder, Fairfax Financial Holdings Ltd. FFH.T +3.44%

In August, Mr. Nordberg told The Wall Street Journal there were "subsets" of BlackBerry that should be sold off, and that it could survive as a "niche company."

The departure of Mr. Nordberg will bring the number of BlackBerry directors to six, and the company won't nominate any additional members at the annual meeting, according to the filing.

A BlackBerry spokeswoman didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

Mr. Nordberg was CEO of phone maker Sony 6758.TO -6.09% Ericsson and took part in the process of selling Ericsson's stake in the joint-venture back to Sony in 2011. One of Mr. Nordberg's first moves at Sony Ericsson was to scrap the company's presence on the low-end market for basic mobile phones and focus solely on smartphones running Google Inc. GOOGL -0.99% 's Android operating system.

Mr. Nordberg is the chairman of Danish wind-turbine maker Vestas Wind Systems VWS.KO -0.19% A/S, where he oversaw thousands of job cuts and replaced the company's senior management, including the company's CEO.
    Last edited by slipstream89; 05-15-14 at 05:59 PM.
    05-15-14 05:42 PM
    Bgr actually reporting about Blackberry 10.3. No snarky comments, no biases.

BlackBerry 10.3: new features detailed | BGR

What's better, the comments section filled with praises about Q10/Z30.
    bungaboy, morganplus8 and rarsen like this.
    05-15-14 06:06 PM
    Bgr actually reporting about Blackberry 10.3. No snarky comments, no biases.

BlackBerry 10.3: new features detailed | BGR

What's better, the comments section filled with praises about Q10/Z30.
    You didn't read the "Comments" Section. LoL
    sidhuk likes this.
    05-15-14 06:26 PM
    You didn't read the "Comments" Section. LoL
    I did. It wasn't all good but there was a lot of praise when I read it.
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    05-15-14 06:54 PM
    QNX Announces Collaboration with ZENRIN DataCom for In-Car Navigation in Asia

TOKYO, May 14, 2014 , a subsidiary of BlackBerry Limited and a global leader in software platforms for in-car electronics, today announced that ZENRIN DataCom Co., Ltd., a leading provider of premium mapping services and products, will integrate its Its-mo NAVI [Drive] 2013 application with the QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment.

Its-mo NAVI [Drive] 2013 is a high-performance navigation application for smartphones that provides users with access to maps, local fuel prices, and available parking spots. ZENRIN DataCom and QNX Software Systems will demonstrate integration of Its-mo NAVI [Drive] and the QNX CAR Platform at Smartphone Japan, May 14-16, 2014, ZDC Booth, East Hall 34-5, Tokyo Big Sight, Japan.

According to ZENRIN DataCom, "The automotive market in Japan and the rest of Asia is a vibrant and compelling environment for app developers but market volume is significantly lower than that for smartphones. A cross-platform concept is key as it enables apps to run on both smartphones and vehicle head units with minimal changes. The QNX CAR Platform, with its rich support for mobile application environments, is a very attractive feature for app developers in the mobile world."

QNX Software Systems has licensed its software technology for use in tens of millions of in-vehicle systems worldwide, including 3D navigation systems, multimedia head units, digital instrument clusters, connectivity modules, and hands-free systems. The company's QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment offers a unique set of pre-integrated technologies to help reduce development efforts and speed time to market for connected, media-rich infotainment systems. The platform is also highly flexible, providing customers with support for a rich choice of application environments, smartphone platforms, user interface technologies, and connectivity standards.

"ZENRIN DataCom are leaders in this space, and we look forward to working with them on bringing the benefits of their industry-leading navigation app to the QNX CAR Platform for Infotainment," said Peter McCarthy, director, global partnerships, QNX Software Systems. "We were impressed with the ease of migrating their feature-rich solution, and we hope to integrate more of their products and services in the future."

QNX Announces Collaboration with ZENRIN DataCom for In-Car Navigation in Asia | PressReleasePoint
    05-15-14 08:31 PM
    Well now, here's a Z3 ad that could make us all crazy. One way or the other. It's from Indosat in Indonesia promoting the Z3 and runs 3 minutes long.

jxnb, bungaboy, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    05-15-14 10:06 PM
    CrackBerry Kevin?
    i am pretty sure it is kevin, he explained it one day back in Feb
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    05-15-14 10:45 PM
    This is from a link provided by animalpak200 in another thread but I thought this would be worth a copy/paste of some of the letter to understand the FF sell off of shares.

No sooner had the ink dried (almost!) after I wrote to you in last year’s Annual Report about BlackBerry, than
    BlackBerry became a daily headline. The Board of Directors of BlackBerry decided to form a Special Committee to look at all options for the company. As we were the biggest shareholder in the company (almost 10%) and were potentially conflicted by my being on the Board, I decided to resign as a director so we could review all our options.

On September 23, 2013, Fairfax made an offer to take BlackBerry private at $9 per share, subject to a six-week due diligence period. To do our due diligence, we hired a very experienced team led by Sanjay Jha, who ran Motorola, Sandeep Chennakeshu, who was President of Ericsson Mobile Platforms, and John Bucher, who was Chief Strategy Officer at Motorola Mobility. Briefly stated, their conclusions were simply: 1) the company had excellent assets, 2) the management teams had made many mistakes along the way, and 3) the company could not afford high cost LBO debt. For the first time in our history, our due diligence resulted in our not being able to complete an announced deal. After discussions with the Special Committee, led by its Chair Tim Dattels, instead of continuing with a go-private transaction, we proposed to raise $1.25 billion for BlackBerry in the form of 6% seven-year convertible debentures (convertible at $10 per share into BlackBerry stock) and proposed that John Chen be concurrently appointed as Executive Chairman of BlackBerry.

John Chen has an extraordinary background. After immigrating to the U.S. from Hong Kong at the age of 16, John gained a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from Brown and a Master’s from Caltech. He then trained at Burroughs (Unisys), turned around Pyramid Technology Corp., and then very successfully resurrected Sybase and ran it profitably for about 15 years. When John took over Sybase in 1998, it had lost money for four years, its stock price 8 was down 90% (ring a bell?) and most analysts were predicting bankruptcy within six months. Within a year, Sybase was profitable and in 2010, 12 years later, SAP came knocking to buy it at $65 per share, more than ten times the $5 – $6 per share it sold at when John took it over! John has also been on the Board of Wells Fargo for eight years and Disney for ten years.

Since his appointment as Executive Chairman at BlackBerry in November 2013, John has bolstered the management team (mainly with people he has worked with), done a joint venture with FoxConn to manufacture low cost phones for emerging markets, brought back the ‘‘BB Classic’’ phone (the Q20) and publicly said that BlackBerry would break even by the fourth quarter of fiscal 2015 (i.e., the quarter ending January 2015). John is on his way – and all BlackBerry shareholders are fortunate that he decided to take the job of saving Canada’s iconic technology company. I must also say, BlackBerry would not have survived if not for the extraordinary leadership of Tim Dattels as Chair of the Special Committee. You may understand why I say this if you read the recent book on Nortel’s bankruptcy‘‘100 Days: The rush to judgment that killed Nortel’’, by James Bagnall.

We purchased $500 million of the BlackBerry convertible debentures and have said that we would sell some of our common shares over time to rebalance our position (we have sold 5 million shares at about $10 per share as of this writing). The rest of the convertible debentures were purchased by six contrarian long term investors, of whom four were Canadian.

Interestingly, Twitter went public, just after BlackBerry announced its convertible debt issue, at $26 per share, giving it a market value of $18 billion. It had revenues of $665 million and losses of $645 million, and most investors could not get a single share unless they were very good clients of the major houses underwriting the issue. On that day, BlackBerry traded in excess of 100 million shares at $6 per share, giving it a market value of $3 billion. BlackBerry had revenues of approximately $8 billion with cash of $2.6 billion and no debt other than the new convertible debt to be issued. If you thought that Twitter was grossly overvalued at $26 per share, it promptly doubled and currently is selling at $55 per share, with a market value of $39 billion.
    Twitter is no exception – please see the recently compiled table below to see the extraordinary speculation in high tech companies. This sort of speculation will end just like the previous tech boom in 1999 – 2000 – very badly!

http://www.fairfax.ca/files/2013%20S...001_m402d2.pdf

PAGE 8
    05-16-14 12:45 AM
    For what it's worth...
    05-16-14 01:31 AM
    This is certainly much better than a picture of a thermostat.
    Eric Lai's blog post is awesome. Loved the conclusion
    With Good’s and MobileIron’s proposed (albeit uncertain) IPOs, CIOs are finally able to judge the financial risk of other EMM vendors for the first time. Now, they have the information to compare BlackBerry and its competitors in true apples-to-apples fashion. When you take all of that into account, suddenly, we don’t look so risky after all.
    Now, about what makes you write so much (the thermostat), it is aimed to an audience you don't belong to.
    It's about M2M, not phones, it's against google/Nest ... it's one step ahead and a prospective action. Nothing "silly", really.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-16-14 at 05:27 AM.
    05-16-14 05:07 AM
    Eric Lai's blog post is awesome. Loved the conclusion Now, about what makes you write so much (the thermostat), it is aimed to an audience you don't belong to.
    It's about M2M, not phones, it's against google/Nest ... it's one step ahead and a prospective action. Nothing "silly", really
    My point exactly!!!
    05-16-14 05:29 AM
    My point exactly!!!
    The thermostat ad was taken from the BlackBerry Facebook page as is linked to a load of advice on how to be an efficient person. There was no connection to Nest or Google. Go and have a look if you're confused. The reference is to the following article: '6 totally strange but effective productivity hacks'.

The other amazing advice that will surely spark an M2M profit frenzy is below:

1) Fill your office with plants.
    2) The colour yellow is your best friend.
    3) Work from a communal space.
    4) Look at photos of baby animals.
    5) Set the right temperature.
    6) Take a nap.

I like the enthusiasm, but I'm afraid it really is just another dumb, oblivious, waste of time marketing attempt...the baby animal idea is cute, though.

Last edited by BBUK14; 05-16-14 at 06:29 AM.
    05-16-14 05:49 AM
    The thermostat ad was taken from the BlackBerry Facebook page as is linked to a load of advice on how to be an efficient person. There was no connection to Nest or Google. Go and have a look if you're confused. The reference is to the following article: '6 totally strange but effective productivity hacks'.

Have you got a link? Is it BlackBerry's official page or one of the other less conspicuous sorts?
    A quick search showed several variations here?

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    05-16-14 07:04 AM
113,256 ... 26102611261226132614 ...