View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Based on yesterday's volume, shorts would need 23 days to cover. Obviously it's not that straight forward, but imagine how the stock would react on some really good news right now

Posted via CB10
    If Chen does start to turn this ship around all the shorts wont make it out until 15-18 but that being sad at this point i dont think that really hurts them they have been playing this pos for 2 yrs now and have prop made a ridiculous amount of money. The Funny part is they will prop know when good news is and will hedge the position with calls so they can exit there short position without losing money
    05-15-14 07:20 AM
    I'm going to be paying very close attention to the marketing from BlackBerry for the Z3 and the next round of phones. I had tomatoes thrown at me for saying that BlackBerry will have its castle stormed by the competition if it sticks too closely to an enterprise-first strategy, but I still think PR and marketing are the most important issues to address by far.

It's very naive indeed to think that Samsung definitely will not gain BlackBerry-level clearance given time. We've got to see BlackBerry stop floundering in the public eye or we're in big trouble.

This whole Jakarta hype is has been a bit embarrassing in my view. The way Chen has been speaking, you'd think BlackBerry are the leader in Indonesia. I'm hoping for a moderate success, but I really hope we see a completely different marketing campaign with the next round of high end devices, along with brilliant design.

It is dogmatic and delusional to keep saying that the world is stupid for calling BlackBerry a smartphone maker. That is what they are thinking about, and how they are measuring BlackBerry, regardless of the enterprise focus and it is this crushing ridicule and derision that is blocking device sales as well as enterprise enthusiasm. BlackBerry have got to crack that problem - they've got to breach that wall of negativity, and they just cannot do that by simply signing BES 10 contracts.

I personally don't think BlackBerry have the marketing/PR brains to sort this out,unless they've hired some new folks.

BlackBerry is still a HUGE brand. They just need to bring out some world-leading devices, and TELL THE WORLD A STORY. They need to release a message that diffuses the BlackBerry is dead and uncool stuff...do we think this is likely to happen?

I am still extremely optimistic about the potential for BlackBerry in the device arena. The masses need a message, and if the message is right, they will buy the darn phones.

Sorry, just waiting for a train and got a bit carried away. Just wish I could see the following:

A clear out of as much BlackBerry 10 stock as possible - a VERY generous trade-in programme for current BlackBerry owners to get BlackBerry 10 in their hands (this obviously should have been the strategy from day one)...

New high end devices that put design first, along with specs (duh).

I just don't see the virtue in still selling the Q10 and Z30 for so much...anyway...rant done...my train is here.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    05-15-14 07:21 AM
    Based on yesterday's volume, shorts would need 23 days to cover. Obviously it's not that straight forward, but imagine how the stock would react on some really good news right now

Posted via CB10
    We are all hoping that good news comes from Jakarta, today!
    05-15-14 07:25 AM
    05-15-14 07:33 AM
    Can you see the pictures?
    05-15-14 07:38 AM
    BB have 2 partner in indonesia XL and Indosat

information from XL they prepare 2000 unit, the first 1,000 unit availble for pre order and launch (they sold around 700 unit for pre order) , while the rest 1,000 unit wait and see demand from customers

indosat still no information but looks like it is slightly higher than XL

XL "baru" Jual BB Jakarta 700 Unit - Kontan Online
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-15-14 07:45 AM
    BB have 2 partner in indonesia XL and Indosat

information from XL they prepare 2000 unit, the first 1,000 unit availble for pre order and launch (they sold around 700 unit for pre order) , while the rest 1,000 unit wait and see demand from customers

indosat still no information but looks like it is slightly higher than XL

XL "baru" Jual BB Jakarta 700 Unit - Kontan Online
    So 2000 units for the entire country?

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    05-15-14 07:50 AM
    Can you see the pictures?
    same event in same place, i post before you could see picture in the link

from i've read and see...looks like BB trying to wait and see market response for BB Z3..very logical considering their marketshare in indonesia last quarter drop to only 4% around 180.000 unit.

first batch production around 25.000 unit and it is come with limited edition Z3...from information i get carrier XL, and Indosat pre order number around 1.000 - 1.500 each, the rest available on retailer store today...

like i said before BB partner quite supportive with Z3 launch they have several ads on local newspaper like kompas (no 1 newspaper in indonesia) and radio. but not sure if they have ads in TV or not

here is BB Z3 launch event sponsored by indosat (carrier)...for people who already pre order the phone, and 4days promotion stands to promote indosat BB Z3:
    LintasMe - Serunya Menjadi Yang Pertama Memiliki BBZ3 Bersama INDOSAT | editor
    05-15-14 07:50 AM
    So 2000 units for the entire country?

nationwide number . but XL only , no confirmation from indosat
    sidhuk likes this.
    05-15-14 07:51 AM
    Is that right? Even been cautious that seem an awful low number of units for them to have available?

Is it it 25,000 (limited edition) + @4000 standard or is that 4000 part of the 25,000?
    05-15-14 07:56 AM
    2000x2=4000 for the entire country then?

no information from indosat

but indosat maybe have higher number, because they are working with large retailer store, and online store...25.000 unit for first batch production i think safe number...

if there are lot of demand their partner will increase the order number

Is that right? Even been cautious that seem an awful low number of units for them to have available?

Is it it 25,000 (limited edition) + @4000 standard or is that 4000 part of the 25,000?
    if the article not wrong 2.000 is a part of 25.000 unit...(looks like indosat order higher than XL so i think it is more than 4.000 unit) looks like it is only "test water" device...if the demand high, BB will produce more, better be safe than have unsold inventory

if we see link sidhuk posted http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ndosat-931589/ the OP say indosat only selling 32 unit each day...while it is main launch event from indosat in Jakarta, so looks like it is true they only selling with low number at first
    05-15-14 08:01 AM
    no information from indosat

but indosat maybe have higher number, because they are working with large retailer store, and online store...25.000 unit for first batch production i think safe number...

if there are lot of demand their partner will increase the order number

if the article not wrong 2.000 is a part of 25.000 unit...(looks like indosat order higher than XL so i think it is more than 4.000 unit) looks like it is only "test water" device...if the demand high, BB will produce more, better be safe than have unsold inventory

if we see link sidhuk posted http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ndosat-931589/ the OP say indosat only selling 32 unit each day...while it is main launch event from indosat in Jakarta, so looks like it is true they only selling with low number at first
    The guy from the link posted his info 5 hours ago. That would have been 3pm Indonesia time or something. The day wasn't finished and it was only first day of launch. The guy also mentioned that they could sell 100 units cause people keep on coming.
    I am assuming that there must be more than one location in the country?
    Thanks for the info though.

05-15-14 08:15 AM
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/05/...-new-features/
    "This is a developer beta ? there may still be some changes. Also, I?ve only talked about what is in plain sight and found in the BlackBerry 10.3 beta SDK. There?s much much more to come! We encourage developers to download the tools and the SDK and to provide feedback. A quick word of warning for the average user: this OS update is not yet ready for you. It is a stripped-down version of BlackBerry 10, with many features removed. So if you expect this to be fully functional you?ll have a sad face. For screenshots and additional details be sure to follow my BBM Channel [MichaelClewley C00014277]."

bungaboy and zyben like this.
    05-15-14 08:21 AM
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2014/05/...-new-features/

Wonder if they'll surprise us with something.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 08:28 AM
    The guy from the link posted his info 5 hours ago. That would have been 3pm Indonesia time or something. The day wasn't finished and it was only first day of launch. The guy also mentioned that they could sell 100 units cause people keep on coming.
    I am assuming that there must be more than one location in the country?
    Thanks for the info though.

from the post looks like indosat limit only 32 unit each day....and i cant find any other location indosat hold BB Z3 special launch event, only in one location, it has a lot of people because they give up to Rp 700.000 discount around $60.

it also available to buy directly in retailer store but with normal prices...
    05-15-14 08:28 AM
    I just read that ffh sold 5.2 million shares of BlackBerry.

That can't be good for us longs.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 08:40 AM
    I just read that ffh sold 5.2 million shares of BlackBerry.

That can't be good for us longs.
    FWIW:

During the period, Watsa sold 5.2 million shares of BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) (TSE:BB). He still owns 46,654,700 shares of the Canadian smartphone manufacturer, which are worth more than $376.59 million. BlackBerry is his second largest stock holding and accounts for 26% of his portfolio.
    Prem Watsa Buys Steel Partners, Cuts BlackBerry Ltd
    05-15-14 08:54 AM
    Launch event with 32 units? Lol.
    God save BlackBerry

32 unit each day not counting sales from direct retailer store..and not counting people who pick up their pre order phone.

to be fair i think it is only to see market demand for Z3. if it is high, then their partner will order more...
    Last edited by garnok; 05-15-14 at 09:08 AM.
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    05-15-14 08:58 AM
    32 unit each day not counting sales from direct retailer store..and not counting people who pick up their pre order phone.

to be fair i think it is only to see market demand for Z3. if it is high, then their partner will order more...
    Foxconn must be desperate to manufacture 25k units? Either way, will know in 3 months time how z3 is doing.
    Anyways. The guy in the other thread saying that it was sold out.
    Hahaha. Grand opening with 32 units is kind of cheesy.
    05-15-14 09:13 AM
    Foxconn must be desperate to manufacture 25k units? Either way, will know in 3 months time how z3 is doing.
    Anyways. The guy in the other thread saying that it was sold out.
    Hahaha. Grand opening with 32 units is kind of cheesy.
    I highly doubt all of Indonesia has 32 devices lol
    05-15-14 09:38 AM
    [QUOTE=BBUK14;10357178
    BlackBerry is still a HUGE brand. They just need to bring out some world-leading devices, and TELL THE WORLD A STORY. They need to release a message that diffuses the BlackBerry is dead and uncool stuff...do we think this is likely to happen?

I am still extremely optimistic about the potential for BlackBerry in the device arena. The masses need a message, and if the message is right, they will buy the darn phones.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4[/QUOTE]

I was watching TV the other day and a commercial came on for Buick (a brand of General Motors here in the USA for those who don't know - it has a reputation as "your grandmother's car" - an image they want to shed to sell to a larger market)

Anyway here is the ad and an article about it in Advertising Age. I think BlackBerry could learn from this...

Buick Spot Uses Granny to Make Case It's Not a Granny-Mobile | CMO Strategy - Advertising Age
    Shanerredflag and Corbu like this.
    05-15-14 09:47 AM
    I was watching TV the other day and a commercial came on for Buick (a brand of General Motors here in the USA for those who don't know - it has a reputation as "your grandmother's car" - an image they want to shed to sell to a larger market)

Anyway here is the ad and an article about it in Advertising Age. I think BlackBerry could learn from this...

Buick Spot Uses Granny to Make Case It's Not a Granny-Mobile | CMO Strategy - Advertising Age
    Absolutely. For some reason, though, we have not seen a single attempt by BlackBerry to address it. It's really quite astonishing. It's as though they think if they don't mention it no one will notice.

Well done, Buick, but unless BlackBerry hire a good PR man (or woman), we will continue to see devices pushed out with the hope that people will just go and buy it against all the negativity against the brand. It's a real shame. I actually think their visual marketing stuff is great - the fonts, colour schemes, etc. They just don't understand how to get a message across (irony or what ?).

Is it because BlackBerry traditionally didn't have to do marketing ? Is it arrogance ? Naivety ? I've never seen a company or public figure take such a hammering without reacting in any meaningful way. I think it's because BlackBerry simply don't know how to deal with the problem - deer in the headlights - and haven't got the talent or understanding to use the high public exposure to their advantage in turning around their image, but perhaps I'm missing something ?

05-15-14 10:10 AM
    iunno seems to be decent demand! the weeks will tell, how long till the quarter is done? EOM?

05-15-14 10:46 AM
    05-15-14 11:25 AM
    For those who think I'm too hard on BlackBerry's hopeless marketing wing...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-facebook-20140515-171225.png

What on earth is this? BlackBerry, quit it with the stupid life tips!

BlackBerry are obsessed with this pointless and ineffective nonsense about telling people how to live...or be super efficient...or be a 'BlackBerry person'.

News Alert to BlackBerry: NO ONE CARES !

For God's sake, when will they learn ? As a shareholder, this stuff angers me. The company is in crisis and instead of communicating to people why they should want BlackBerry 10, BBM, etc., we continue to get this 'lifestyle' garbage.

Go check your own d*mn temperature, BlackBerry marketing team...what are you thinking???

georg4BB and wojciechp like this.
    05-15-14 11:33 AM
113,256 ... 26082609261026112612 ...