View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Please. We just had a earning release from Apple and last quarters iphone sales where great. There is no excess inventory.

New iphones are not part of the competition for the Z3. They are targeting different markets. It is great that the Z3 seems to be getting good reviews. It may become quite the budget phone of choice.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't contemplate the Z3 at all while posting that...has nothing to do with it, my thoughts are "record profits" or not they have millions of devices not sold...may be right, may be wrong but their OS is bricking older devices, Facetime no longer works, the Web is full of complaints and their answer is to upgrade.

AT AND T has spent how long testing BB10 updates to ensure their customers are not inadvertently effected....to the utter detriment of BlackBerry..
    How.much time was spent on 7?

Just sayin.

Posted via a Device with Z and a 30
    theRock1975, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    05-13-14 08:42 PM
    Didn't contemplate the Z3 at all while posting that...has nothing to do with it, my thoughts are "record profits" or not they have millions of devices not sold...may be right, may be wrong but their OS is bricking older devices, Facetime no longer works, the Web is full of complaints and their answer is to upgrade.

AT AND T has spent how long testing BB10 updates to ensure their customers are not inadvertently effected....to the utter detriment of BlackBerry..

Just sayin.

sorry but i cant find any news, forum thread saying older device (iphone 4 and 4s) cant connect to facetime, i only find ios 6 user cant connect to facetime they need to update to ios 7....iPhone 4 and 4s can be update to ios 7.
    http://www.maclife.com/article/news/..._upgrade_ios_7

can you provide any link ? thanks
    Last edited by garnok; 05-13-14 at 09:43 PM.
    05-13-14 09:33 PM
    OT: HALO giving back half its gain today but seeing how the BIO indexes are down and most bio stocks its not too bad, refuel and try again tmr!
    OT:
    I bought into the hype today on HALO with 16K. Gonna hold for a bit and see what happens.

Now when to get back in BBRY:I think its heading back to low 7 and maybe I will jump back in.
    05-13-14 09:51 PM
    sorry but i cant find any news, forum thread saying older device (iphone 4 and 4s) cant connect to facetime, i only find ios 6 user cant connect to facetime they need to update to ios 7....iPhone 4 and 4s can be update to ios 7.
    http://www.maclife.com/article/news/..._upgrade_ios_7

can you provide any link ? thanks
    Hey Garnok,
    Would be good to hear from you about z3. If blackberry doing any advertisements or and how the sales are?

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    05-13-14 10:27 PM
    Hey Garnok,
    Would be good to hear from you about z3. If blackberry doing any advertisements or and how the sales are?

there are 2 big advertisement on kompas today newspaper (largest newspaper in indonesia)... and i hear some advertisement on the radio...i dont know about tv i rarely watch it...

first batch production if im not wrong around 25.000 unit (limited edition Z3) several already sold during pre order...
    jxnb, rarsen, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    05-13-14 10:54 PM
    So anyway...BlackBerrys suck because they don't run Android, etc....

From the really knowledgeable and serious people at Bloomberg...

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/video/wh...tml?cmpid=yhoo

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    Last edited by BBUK14; 05-14-14 at 04:43 AM.
    05-14-14 12:50 AM

Just sayin.

Both you and Jon have valid points.

What I have been hearing is that folks are switching their iPhone for silly Galaxy 5 phones.

To armchair quarterback BlackBerry for a second, I would like to see them launch both the BlackBerry classic AND a flagship bb10 touch 'together', with specs that surpass or at least fully equals the launch of the iPhone 6 and Galaxy 6 specs; I know, reaching, right?
    Spend good coin to do nothing but side-by-side comparisons to the rival, and really make a bold statement (no pun intended).

Now is the time to strike while the iron is hot.
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-14-14 01:19 AM
    BlackBerry’s Z3 Launch A Fully Indonesian Affair - Digits - WSJ

Indonesia is one of BlackBerry’s last remaining consumer phone strongholds, and the struggling company took pains to ensure the launch event in Jakarta Tuesday for its new low-cost Z3 smartphone was a fully Indonesian affair.

Several hundred local journalists, BlackBerry fans and technology professionals gathered at the five star Ritz Carlton Hotel, where models dressed in matching blue dresses adorned with pins featuring the Z3 logo posed for photos in front of large cutouts of the phone.

There was a buffet lunch featuring rice, noodles and grilled chicken, smooth jazz played over large loudspeakers and some attendees puffed on clove cigarettes.

Indonesian hip hop trio Soul ID warmed up the crowd with a performance, and then an executive from BlackBerry’s Indonesian operations made a speech saying that the brand is still “alive” in the country. (BlackBerry’s market share in the country actually slipped to 13% last year from 43% in 2011 as Android devices have proliferated, according to data from IDC Indonesia.)

The Z3 phones, some of which come with “Jakarta” etched on the back, contain localized content like special virtual stickers for its popular BlackBerry Messenger service and an app allowing users to search for halal food.

The 2,199,000 rupiah ($191), 5-inch touchscreen device is a key element in new Chief Executive John Chen’s ambitious turnaround strategy to outsource much of its hardware business to Taiwan’s Hon Hai Precision Industry, known as Foxconn, the world’s largest contract manufacturer.

“As everybody knows, Indonesia is a huge market for us,” Chen told journalists at the event. “I hope the more important statement is that we are definitely in the handset business. We want to be very competitive in the handset business.”

If the lavish launch event is any indication, BlackBerry is pulling out all the stops to market the phone here. The company has been promoting the device heavily on its Indonesian Facebook page and Twitter account, for example.

“I will probably buy it,” said Ibnu Maksum, a software developer and BlackBerry enthusiast, of the Z3. Maksum, who said he has developed more than 100 BlackBerry apps over the years, said he hoped the new phone would help make the company a leader once again in Indonesia.

“It’s very cheap, and people will like the large screen,” he said.
    bungaboy, jxnb, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    05-14-14 06:57 AM
    Hey Garnok,
    Would be good to hear [...) about z3.
    Some news from Elite webconf right now.
    I'll update this single post, refresh !

Nice BBM perspectives in Indonesia, isn't it ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture1.png
    Free exclusive BBM stickers
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

Local languages support (hope it'll go global for many asking in Eastern Europe)

[note: overall more a 10.2 reminder ...]

Specs side by side. Less consuption with a massively stronger battery catched my eyes.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.jpg
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 05-14-14 at 08:48 AM.
    W Hoa, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 11 others like this.
    05-14-14 08:20 AM
    So anyway...BlackBerrys suck because they don't run Android, etc....

From the really knowledgeable and serious people at Bloomberg...

1. If you are Joking, then it is a really bad Joke IMO.
    2. If you are serious then. This is not the place for this.
    Please enlighten us. It is crappy day here anyways.

05-14-14 08:47 AM
    1. If you are Joking, then it is a really bad Joke IMO.
    2. If you are serious then. This is not the place for this.
    Please enlighten us. It is crappy day here anyways.

Guy, what are you on about ? Did you even watch the video? How could you not figure out whether I was being sarcastic ? What are the odds that any of us in here thinks BlackBerry 10 can't run Android ? Unbelievable...

georg4BB and 3_M4N like this.
    05-14-14 09:03 AM
    Another important note for developers is that BlackBerry 10.3 is targeted only for new device hardware being introduced later this year. This new hardware will follow our promise of keeping the square screen (1:1 aspect ratio) and 16:9 aspect ratio, including our common 720�720 and 1280�720 resolutions.

Also, when you fire up the 10.3 beta simulator, you’ll notice another square screen. This is for a new device with a 1440�1440 resolution and pixel density of 453 DPI.

I know, I know…you want more details on that new device, but we’re not quite ready to give them yet, so hold tight and watch the blog for more information! In the meantime, testing with the 10.3 beta simulator will allow you to see how your application will behave in this new resolution and DPI combination, so we encourage you to check it out as soon as you can.
    BlackBerry 10.3 SDK Beta has Arrived | BlackBerry Developer Blog
    05-14-14 09:20 AM
    Guy, what are you on about ? Did you even watch the video? How could you not figure out whether I was being sarcastic ? What are the odds that any of us in here thinks BlackBerry 10 can't run Android ? Unbelievable...

So it is
    1. Bad Joke then. Got it. Little slow this morning. As I said, it is a crappy day out side. Snowed in may.

CDM76 likes this.
    05-14-14 09:26 AM
    So it is
    1. Bad Joke then. Got it. Little slow this morning. As I said, it is a crappy day out side. Snowed in may.

It's a good joke mate, but I'm sorry about the snow.

05-14-14 09:44 AM
    BlackBerry 10.3 SDK Beta has Arrived | BlackBerry Developer Blog

Also, when you fire up the 10.3 beta simulator, you�ll notice another square screen. This is for a new device with a 1440�1440 resolution and pixel density of 453 DPI.
    No mystery here, apparently:

The most important tidbit being the new device with 1440�1440 resolution. What is this new device you wonder? Why it�s the upcoming BlackBerry �Windermere�, unofficially dubbed the Q30.
    BlackBerry Confirms Next Device with 1440�1440 Resolution | N4BB
    morganplus8, sidhuk, zyben and 3 others like this.
    05-14-14 09:49 AM
    The BS is being spread around is that 10.3 is only available for the new upcoming Hardware/devices only. But these nay sayers purposely left out this following sentence from the same article.
    "BlackBerry 10.3.1 will also be available to all current BlackBerry 10 smartphones as an OS update later this year. So the time you spend testing your app right now will help get it ready for upcoming and in-market BlackBerry 10 devices."

05-14-14 10:02 AM
    A little follow-up about the study that stated BES10 had the lowest TCO. It hasn't been that long : BlackBerry is spreading the news to targeted audience (i.e Enterprise decision makers) via an email campaign.
    While in French, I'm sure you'll get the full picture; clicking the link results into a form registration to DL the study.

Abstract (own translation) : "The study shows that migrating from BES5 to another MDM has an average 2X cost than BES10".
    That's efficient, rational marketing IMHO.

05-14-14 10:51 AM
    The BS is being spread around is that 10.3 is only available for the new upcoming Hardware/devices only. But these nay sayers purposely left out this following sentence from the same article.
    "BlackBerry 10.3.1 will also be available to all current BlackBerry 10 smartphones as an OS update later this year. So the time you spend testing your app right now will help get it ready for upcoming and in-market BlackBerry 10 devices."
    Perhaps but you have to admit it is due to very bad composition skills on BlackBerry's part. They still need to learn how to wordsmith their articles.

The point about 10.3 being available for new devices was 3 paragraphs above the paragraph that said 10.3 would come to existing devices, and both points were under different sub headings. Plus the new device comment was the first sentence in the paragraph instead of being buried in the middle of a paragraph like the existing device statement.

I read the article and as soon as I read the new device comment I was already saying "WTH!" until I read the second statement a little while later. That shouldn't have happened. BlackBerry should have known that most readers would take it the same way.
    OMGitworks, 3_M4N and CDM76 like this.
    05-14-14 10:58 AM
    ^^^ This is the difference between a developper seeking for technical informations and anyone seeking for sensational information
    They don't want to extrapolate about it ... so let it be 1440X1440 as a native/compatible res, aka 1:1 ratio.
    05-14-14 11:13 AM
    Perhaps but you have to admit it is due to very bad composition skills on BlackBerry's part. They still need to learn how to wordsmith their articles.

The point about 10.3 being available for new devices was 3 paragraphs above the paragraph that said 10.3 would come to existing devices, and both points were under different sub headings. Plus the new device comment was the first sentence in the paragraph instead of being buried in the middle of a paragraph like the existing device statement.

I read the article and as soon as I read the new device comment I was already saying "WTH!" until I read the second statement a little while later. That shouldn't have happened. BlackBerry should have known that most readers would take it the same way.
    LoL, I know I know.
    Thats why people start talking loud English the moment, they think that some one is new immigrant. human nature.
    knox associated with name samsung, meaning automatic success for samsung and death for blackberry. no one bother to know the real story.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-14-14 11:15 AM
    I'm still thinking about that Bloomberg video with that silly man, Geller from BGR. Bloomberg is supposed to be a serious corporation, but they were behaving as though they were a tabloid gossip column (which I suppose they are now?).

I don't use Twitter or anything, but some of you should really try to call him out, not for hating BlackBerry, but for going on TV and having no idea what he is talking about. No app? No Android ? Bad software ? I reckon those points should really be attacked and he should be called out for being simply wrong - perhaps we could ask for an explanation of the 'bad software' comment ??

We laugh this stuff off, but these little things are really, really damaging.

The novelty of the iPhone has run its course. Samsung have hit an innovation wall. BlackBerry are in the gutter, but there is more opportunity in the hardware area than most people recognise. What we could do with is an organised and consistent response to this ongoing childishness in the media.

The message should be that the 'BlackBerry is Dead ' stuff is old news now and out of date, and that these silly BlackBerry bashing memes are silly and childish. Raging against the machine really would not serve us well, because it makes us look desperate and bothered. I think it's time for calm, dismissive ridicule: 'Geller, your an ***** mate. Get over last year's news, go take a 'selfie' and then try and learn what you are talking about before going on tele and trying to be cute'.

morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    05-14-14 11:18 AM
    You know, if I were a BlackBerry PR guy, I would actually suggest that Chen make that comment casually:

'You know, the BlackBerry is dead stuff is old news. Sure, you've got some childish so-called experts still chanting this stuff to sound cool or get a bit of attention, but, you know, the world is also full of people who are capable of thinking for themselves. We've got some great devices, with more in the works, and we've got a great OS and the fastest browser - and we're willing to be patient.'

morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    05-14-14 11:34 AM
    I don't use Twitter or anything, but some of you should really try to call him out, not for hating BlackBerry, but for going on TV and having no idea what he is talking about. No app? No Android ? Bad software ? I reckon those points should really be attacked and he should be called out for being simply wrong - perhaps we could ask for an explanation of the 'bad software' comment ??
    I watched the video and, while Geller does make a bunch of subjective points that he does not justify in depth, he also makes a number of objective points against Blackberry.

When taken into context the valid points he makes along with the debatable/subjective ones, it is rather compulsive and unreasonable to claim that he doesn't know what he's talking about. Geller actually sounds very in tune with Blackberry's current situation starting from the explanation about how it has outsourced product design to Foxconn.

Let's dissect Geller's points starting from 'I am not a fan' of the Z3 and why he thinks it will flounder
    - better products for less [price]
    - buying blackberry and not android
    - no apps
    - bad experience
    - bad software
    - company may not be around in couple year
    - don't have "cool factor"

The first point is objective and unarguably true. (Do the research and price comparisons.) The second is objectively true as well. I know Crackberry is full of fans and it stings; but, people are not jumping for joy when they hear "BB10" OS over "Android" and it's not because they are uninformed or ignorant. The truth is that objectively, in software, "alternative OS" usually equals bad. How would you feel if somebody gifted you a Chrome book vs. a same value Windows computer?

"No apps" is likely not meant to be taken literally and we know this since an individual who knows about Blackberry's Foxconn shenanigans likely knows Blackberry has an app store. He clearly meant Blackberry has less apps. It's true that Blackberry's app ecosystem is weaker than Android's even with the Android runtime. It's difficult to argue otherwise.

Bad experience and bad software are both subjective; but, they are not necessarily untrue. Certainly if you want to argue with regards to the quality of S4BB apps be my guest. Blackberry clearly has bad experience and software in some aspects. The moral of the story is that he's neither necessarily right or wrong.

I don't think many would argue that there isn't a risk that Blackberry may not be around in a couple years and Blackberry fans tend to like to use the lack of a "cool factor" argument for why Blackberry hasn't taken off.

So all in all, Geller has 5/7 points locked correct. The other 2 points are not necessarily wrong and it's not like he has time to go into depth about those in the several minute video. I think he actually made an excellent analysis of Blackberry's situation given the time frame for which he had an opportunity to speak. Certainly I, you, and pretty much everyone you know couldn't sum up that many points for or against Blackberry in 10 - 15 seconds.
    05-14-14 11:59 AM
    I watched the video and, while Geller does make a bunch of subjective points that he does not justify in depth, he also makes a number of objective points against Blackberry.

When taken into context the valid points he makes along with the debatable/subjective ones, it is rather compulsive and unreasonable to claim that he doesn't know what he's talking about. Geller actually sounds very in tune with Blackberry's current situation starting from the explanation about how it has outsourced product design to Foxconn.

Let's dissect Geller's points starting from 'I am not a fan' of the Z3 and why he thinks it will flounder
    - better products for less [price]
    - buying blackberry and not android
    - no apps
    - bad experience
    - bad software
    - company may not be around in couple year
    - don't have "cool factor"

The first point is objective and unarguably true. (Do the research and price comparisons.) The second is objectively true as well. I know Crackberry is full of fans and it stings; but, people are not jumping for joy when they hear "BB10" OS over "Android" and it's not because they are uninformed or ignorant. The truth is that objectively, in software, "alternative OS" usually equals bad. How would you feel if somebody gifted you a Chrome book vs. a same value Windows computer?

"No apps" is likely not meant to be taken literally and we know this since an individual who knows about Blackberry's Foxconn shenanigans likely knows Blackberry has an app store. He clearly meant Blackberry has less apps. It's true that Blackberry's app ecosystem is weaker than Android's even with the Android runtime. It's difficult to argue otherwise.

Bad experience and bad software are both subjective; but, they are not necessarily untrue. Certainly if you want to argue with regards to the quality of S4BB apps be my guest. Blackberry clearly has bad experience and software in some aspects. The moral of the story is that he's neither necessarily right or wrong.

I don't think many would argue that there isn't a risk that Blackberry may not be around in a couple years and Blackberry fans tend to like to use the lack of a "cool factor" argument for why Blackberry hasn't taken off.

So all in all, Geller has 5/7 points locked correct. The other 2 points are not necessarily wrong and it's not like he has time to go into depth about those in the several minute video. I think he actually made an excellent analysis of Blackberry's situation given the time frame for which he had an opportunity to speak. Certainly I, you, and pretty much everyone you know couldn't sum up that many points for or against Blackberry in 10 - 15 seconds.
    Nonsense.

The whole piece was childish facile.

1) there are indeed cheaper phones, but better is subjective and I don't need to go look up anything.

2) meaningless as a value judgement in itself. Obviously it's not an Android. That's not a reason for not buying the phone. Again, facile, childish stuff.

3)no apps is obviously dumb, and invalid even as an estimation or as hyperbole.

4)bad experience ? Again, stupid. Your defence that it's not necessarily untrue is absurd. It's not necessarily untrue that Android is a bad experience either - silly, meaningless comment.

5) bad software ? He doesn't offer a drop of argument for that either - rubbish.

6/7) his last two comments are the least stupid, but not very meaningful in regards to whether the Z3 is a good phone.

I won't waste anymore words with you here, but even if you agree with him, you've got a hell of a job to try and defend that as anything other than childish nonsense, as I called it. My original statement stands, and your response hasn't proven a thing. Cheers.

05-14-14 12:25 PM
    GX4 isn't worth the troll bait he is.

Move on.

We know why we like bb10. It's because it does best, the things we want a smartphone to do. And it probably means that we don't care about games.

Most 40+ year Olds get iPhones or Samsung because advertising told them to do so more oftentimes than one of those people chose a phone based on requirements. Efficient messaging and good stock keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 12:54 PM
113,256 ... 26062607260826092610 ...