427 37.82%
    Short interest down about 1 Million shares
    Date ---- # of shares ---- avg. daily vol. ---- days to cover
    4/30/2014 ---- 101,358,204 ---- 8,632,551 --- 11.741396

4/15/2014 ---- 102,472,527 --- 14,416,467 --- 7.108019
    05-09-14 03:14 PM
    Wrong!

Posted via CB10
    Actually, you were right. For TO anyway.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbto.jpg
    05-09-14 03:22 PM
    well, seems like you are buying BBRY because blackberry doesnt know difference between head and tail. I am buying bbry because i think they know what they are doing. in the end we are both buying. LoL.
    at least we have some common ground.
    it is Friday and Market is closed.
    time for a beer as a primer.
    Cheers.
    I've invested in BlackBerry after having a look at the whole picture, or what I think is the whole picture, and assessing whether or not I think the company is going to make it and do well in the long term. When it comes to a few things, I really do think they haven't got a clue, but these things are outweighed by the things I do think they understand and are doing well.

Cheers, indeed. We do both want the same result, and respectful argument over the details is healthy for all of us.

Have a good weekend guys.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    05-09-14 03:28 PM
    Actually, you were right. For TO anyway.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbto.JPG 
Views:	1698 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	268980
    Well that's where I own shares anyways.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and ibpluto like this.
    05-09-14 03:38 PM
    Well, that's not encouraging. With the exception of QNX, what new future products as BlackBerry got planned ? BES 12 and BBM Protected are obviously old products improved.
    All of Chen's actions so far suggest that rather than innovating, Blackberry is about renovating.
    05-09-14 04:18 PM
    I was reading the comments on the London Guardian's article on the Apple acquisition of Beats. It was interesting to read the comments saying that the quality of the headphones is poor and people are foolish for paying that much for them, etc.

I don't think they are poor at all, but the point of course is that there may indeed be a better quality set of headphones out there - who knows (I don't).

The truth is that the personal value of Beats headphones is in more than the sound quality of the product - it's in self-esteem, feelings of belonging, pride, confidence, etc. They are the Apple of headphones and Apple know what they are actually buying. This is where they show themselves to be smarter than Facebook.

I would love to see BlackBerry really 'get' this, and succeed within the next two years in really connecting with people as a brand. Right now isn't the time to make this the primary focus, but they need to make a big hire in this area, and not someone with an engineering or business degree. As exciting as it is to talk about security leaks and BES 12, I really want to be talking about killer devices and products that make a difference to ME in the next couple years. Deep down, I know most of you agree, even if you won't admit it lol.

05-09-14 04:20 PM
    All of Chen's actions so far suggest that rather than innovating, Blackberry is about renovating.
    Disagree...he has done plenty to lay the ground work to move forward...negative articles are diminishing (except by our regular haters), perceptions are shifting, product launches are on schedule etc etc etc.

Man, you should run BlackBerry, seems you have all the answers....they're most all wrong, but you have plenty of them.

I say K cuz I can't spell K.
    05-09-14 04:30 PM
    BTW...this Original stuff (yes, from the original Smokey and the Bandit) is awesome.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140509_153200.jpg

plasmid_boy, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    05-09-14 04:33 PM
    Haha. The Friday humor.
    http://utbblogs.com/under-the-bridge...ackberry-news/

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-09-14 04:57 PM
    I was reading the comments on the London Guardian's article on the Apple acquisition of Beats. It was interesting to read the comments saying that the quality of the headphones is poor and people are foolish for paying that much for them, etc.

I don't think they are poor at all, but the point of course is that there may indeed be a better quality set of headphones out there - who knows (I don't).

The truth is that the personal value of Beats headphones is in more than the sound quality of the product - it's in self-esteem, feelings of belonging, pride, confidence, etc. They are the Apple of headphones and Apple know what they are actually buying. This is where they show themselves to be smarter than Facebook.

I would love to see BlackBerry really 'get' this, and succeed within the next two years in really connecting with people as a brand. Right now isn't the time to make this the primary focus, but they need to make a big hire in this area, and not someone with an engineering or business degree. As exciting as it is to talk about security leaks and BES 12, I really want to be talking about killer devices and products that make a difference to ME in the next couple years. Deep down, I know most of you agree, even if you won't admit it lol.

I agree with you 100%. Very nicely put.

When I heard that Apple was buying Beats, I immediately thought here are two companies whose products I will never purchase. There's is 0% chance.

Then I wondered why that is. Why is it that I'm not on Facebook either?

The whole "look at me i'm fabulous" thing doesn't work for me because I know it's fake and won't get me ahead. It's pointless!

This is why I love BlackBerry and the community of like-minded people. The 7-8 million of us who purchased BB10 made the purchase because we know it's better, not because it will make us look better.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by theRock1975; 05-09-14 at 06:12 PM.
    05-09-14 05:45 PM
    Short interest down about 1 Million shares
    Date ---- # of shares ---- avg. daily vol. ---- days to cover
    4/30/2014 ---- 101,358,204 ---- 8,632,551 --- 11.741396

4/15/2014 ---- 102,472,527 --- 14,416,467 --- 7.108019
    At this rate, it'd take 100M shorts 5 years to cover... unless they're holding out for $0.
    05-09-14 06:23 PM
    are you sure that's her?
    Quang.ca Photography

lets run with it.
    I did put a lot of faith into Google Images for that, so I very well might be wrong gal.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    05-09-14 06:27 PM
    Hey just a quick question for Morgan or Lagoon!

Is this guy chart valid? in respect to his quick analysis?
    https://twitter.com/newlife123/statu...706880/photo/1
    05-09-14 06:54 PM

The "look at me i'm fabulous" thing doesn't work for me because I know it's fake and won't get me ahead. It's pointless!

This is why I love BlackBerry and the community of like-minded people. The 7-8 million of us who purchased BB10 made the purchase because we know it's better, not because it will make us look better.
    So you are willing to believe that 7-8 million BB10 are uniformly knowledgeable about smartphones, however, among 200 million people who bought iPhones there aren't millions who didn't buy them just to look fabulous? Wouldn't there have to be a ton of smart iPhone users out there among that huge crowd?
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    05-09-14 09:28 PM
    So you are willing to believe that 7-8 million BB10 are uniformly knowledgeable about smartphones, however, among 200 million people who bought iPhones there aren't millions who didn't buy them just to look fabulous? Wouldn't there have to be a ton of smart iPhone users out there among that huge crowd?
    Of course there are...I think his point was allot of folks bought it just to be part of the craze which is iPhone. I personally know dozens of people with one that don't know the first thing about it.

bungaboy, zyben and theRock1975 like this.
    05-09-14 09:55 PM
    http://www.computerdealernews.com/ne...r-vision/33745

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy, rarsen, Corbu and 6 others like this.
    05-09-14 11:47 PM
    Harami in Arabic means thief, robber.. etc and this is exactly what it is used for in stock market when Harami Candlestick comes after another candle in the opposite direction to eat some of the profit gained by the previous candle so it steals some of the profit hence the name Harami ( thief).
    05-10-14 07:53 AM
    Hey just a quick question for Morgan or Lagoon!

Is this guy chart valid? in respect to his quick analysis?
    https://twitter.com/newlife123/statu...706880/photo/1
    Good morning Slipstream89!!

The twitter claim is technically right, it is in fact a very short-term indicator that suggests that the stock has reached a point of reversal. If you day-traded BBRY, you would be watching for this to happen along with a positive divergence in the Doji pattern too. In addition, you would look for falling volume and a greater spread on the bid and ask. All of these indicators help confirm the next "near-term move" for any stock. We are likely to continue to base here, moving sideways to slightly higher as we await news. So far, we are finding support above the April lows so it looks like a pop is in order, I'm still looking for us to get above the recent $ 8.22/shr high and move to $ 9.00/shr in the weeks ahead. For our trolls, that's a $ 1.70 gain on a $ 7.30 stock, math was never their strong point. GL

OT. The IBB and NBI Indexes for our Biotech stocks got a nice boost at the end of the week with both of them finding support at their 200-dma and rallying from there. Monday night, after the market close, it is the HALO show, be there!! GL
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-may-6-2014.png  
    05-10-14 08:09 AM
    Of course there are...I think his point was allot of folks bought it just to be part of the craze which is iPhone. I personally know dozens of people with one that don't know the first thing about it.

I think it's healthy to try and be honest with ourselves about the iPhone. It's a good phone. I would never buy one, and have never owned an Apple product, but I can't go in for calling them all iSheep who buy and love them. They are easy to use, and have all the apps.

One of the problems with some BlackBerry fans is that that see themselves as ultra-rational, serious people who just aren't into bandwagon stuff. That's not really the case a lot of the time. We are also emotionally attached to the brand we love, just as Apple people are. Also, there is no particular virtue in being a mobile phone expert. Most people just don't care nearly as much about phones as we do. They are more concerned about other aspects of their lives and when they look around they see that the iPhone seems to be the best thing to have, and so they buy it and are happy with it. It's silly to ridicule them for that. The minutiae of mobile phone tech just isn't their interest, and that's fine.

Instead of raging against human nature, I think it's more useful to think about how to spark a broader BlackBerry 'sheep' movement. There is a saying: 'Few can know; the rest must believe'. This is true about many aspects of life. The vast majority of people are just not interested in the details. If BlackBerry can tell them a simple story, or connect to their emotions in a strong and simple way, we've got a winner. This is where BlackBerry have failed and failed. Their marketing has been targeting people?s minds and not their hearts, in general. The 'fauxtrepreneur' ads, and the 'a BlackBerry person does this' ads, and the silly charts telling people how to make decisions under pressure are just not effective.

Obviously, we can't afford huge marketing campaigns at the moment, and that might actually be a good thing if the consumer marketing is going to be terrible anyway. I'd rather have no marketing than 'amateur hour is over' and whatever other arrogant and naive nonsense we've seen in the past.

What I'm hoping for is new devices with great design in mind. The Z10 is a great-looking phone, and the Q5 is not. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some sleek, masculine-looking, all black handsets - an Aston Martin or Jaguar of phones, with some other colour options of course. Samsung can be relied upon to keep making high spec, tacky looking phones, and Apple to make hip-looking stuff. If BlackBerry can bring out the sorts of phone James Bond would look good with, I could see us beginning to build an emotional connection with that part of the public we want as our base. After that, branching out into other areas: teens, etc. with bright colours, etc. is much easier. Whenever the next James Bond movie comes out, I think it would be well worth BlackBerry's time to make sure he is carrying a killer BlackBerry.

Anyway, that's my ramble over. As it's the weekend I thought I'd share what was on my mind lol

05-10-14 08:22 AM
    I like that..."few can know,many just believe" bit, how true...are you an advertisement Ninja? lol

Agree with allot of it actually. I also believe what he was trying to say was we have pretty much based out on the people who are leaving, cost cutting (CORE) has "almost" made hardware neutral and negative forum bashing/blogtard hate mongering are not going to sway the remaining fans away. ..so up we go.

Blogtard...it's a word.

05-10-14 08:36 AM
    I think it's healthy to try and be honest with ourselves about the iPhone. It's a good phone. I would never buy one, and have never owned an Apple product, but I can't go in for calling them all iSheep who buy and love them. They are easy to use, and have all the apps.

One of the problems with some BlackBerry fans is that that see themselves as ultra-rational, serious people who just aren't into bandwagon stuff. That's not really the case a lot of the time. We are also emotionally attached to the brand we love, just as Apple people are. Also, there is no particular virtue in being a mobile phone expert. Most people just don't care nearly as much about phones as we do. They are more concerned about other aspects of their lives and when they look around they see that the iPhone seems to be the best thing to have, and so they buy it and are happy with it. It's silly to ridicule them for that. The minutiae of mobile phone tech just isn't their interest, and that's fine.

Instead of raging against human nature, I think it's more useful to think about how to spark a broader BlackBerry 'sheep' movement. There is a saying: 'Few can know; the rest must believe'. This is true about many aspects of life. The vast majority of people are just not interested in the details. If BlackBerry can tell them a simple story, or connect to their emotions in a strong and simple way, we've got a winner. This is where BlackBerry have failed and failed. Their marketing has been targeting people?s minds and not their hearts, in general. The 'fauxtrepreneur' ads, and the 'a BlackBerry person does this' ads, and the silly charts telling people how to make decisions under pressure are just not effective.

Obviously, we can't afford huge marketing campaigns at the moment, and that might actually be a good thing if the consumer marketing is going to be terrible anyway. I'd rather have no marketing than 'amateur hour is over' and whatever other arrogant and naive nonsense we've seen in the past.

What I'm hoping for is new devices with great design in mind. The Z10 is a great-looking phone, and the Q5 is not. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for some sleek, masculine-looking, all black handsets - an Aston Martin or Jaguar of phones, with some other colour options of course. Samsung can be relied upon to keep making high spec, tacky looking phones, and Apple to make hip-looking stuff. If BlackBerry can bring out the sorts of phone James Bond would look good with, I could see us beginning to build an emotional connection with that part of the public we want as our base. After that, branching out into other areas: teens, etc. with bright colours, etc. is much easier. Whenever the next James Bond movie comes out, I think it would be well worth BlackBerry's time to make sure he is carrying a killer BlackBerry.

Anyway, that's my ramble over. As it's the weekend I thought I'd share what was on my mind lol

I agree with most of what you said.
    But I like to be in the herd too. I have a few Mac products in my family (4 MacBook Pro, 3 iPads, 2 iPhones, 2 MacPros one is the new trash-can looking design, 3 iMacs, and couple of Mac minis). My favorite computer was SGIs and my favorite phone is BlackBerry. I have too agree that most iPhone users are herd followers (not a bad thing, just the way it is). I feel that anyone having some brain would agree that BB10 is by far the best mobile OS and the Z30 is the best phone (not just for work, but best overall). So, anyway, I believe that I am in the herd, but I guess I might be a black sheep. Good weekend guys!

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 08:43 AM
    Haha. 'BlackSheep' is a great name for us considering how the 'iSheep' feel about us haha.

plasmid_boy and Mr BBRY like this.
    05-10-14 09:02 AM
    No I was referring to the 7-8 million BB10 users. They were clearly choosing the product that was unpopular with the fabulous crowd.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 09:04 AM
    I've invested in BlackBerry after having a look at the whole picture, or what I think is the whole picture, and assessing whether or not I think the company is going to make it and do well in the long term. When it comes to a few things, I really do think they haven't got a clue, but these things are outweighed by the things I do think they understand and are doing well.

Cheers, indeed. We do both want the same result, and respectful argument over the details is healthy for all of us.

Have a good weekend guys.

My problem is that I don't know what revenues will look like even if successful without a profitable smartphone business.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-14 10:35 AM
    I think anyone over age 45 truly has no idea why they chose and iPhone. The same people buy athletic wear and couldn't run 1/4 mile if you paid them to.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, rim4ever, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    05-10-14 10:40 AM
113,256 ... 26022603260426052606 ...