Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    http://crackberry.com/press-release-...prise-mobility
    This can't be bad.
    "Since the program launched on March 31, 2014, more than 800,000 BES10 client access licenses have been issued to customers worldwide. The enterprises participating in the program represent a cross-section of industries from financial services and healthcare, to telecommunications and government organizations. Migrations to BES10 include customers using other MDM vendors such as AirWatch, MobileIron and Good Technolog"
    Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    05-08-14 07:52 AM
    "More than 800,000 new BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 licenses issued since the launch of migration program."
    This means 800,000 since March, 31? If this is true, it seems huge! Didn't Chen say most enterprises would wait for BES12?
    05-08-14 08:04 AM
    C00014277
    Very good daily info channel on upcoming os 10.3. I find my self using channels more and more often in general.

georg4BB and morganplus8 like this.
    05-08-14 08:18 AM
    C00014277
    Very good daily info channel on upcoming os 10.3. I find my self using channels more and more often in general.

Looks to be empty? Yet 300+ subscribers? Joined anyway. Lol

I say K cuz I can't spell K.
    plasmid_boy likes this.
    05-08-14 08:28 AM
    Well, it would be really wonderful if we could see loads of enterprise money start pouring in. We've got the security leaks all over the news, news that BES 10 is the way to go...really sucks to apparently have to wait until November to see a mass migration.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    05-08-14 08:30 AM
    Looks to be empty? Yet 300+ subscribers? Joined anyway. Lol

I say K cuz I can't spell K.
    Isn't that this channel?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140508_083702.png

05-08-14 08:37 AM
    Today will be interesting to see.

At this point, it looks like the bulls let the bears position themselves before they start picking up extra shares for a song going into the weekend.

Remember, when the NASDAQ opens on Monday it will be after market hours in Indonesia and they'll already be prepping for launch day. By the time the market is closing on Monday there should be some serious indication of whether we'll see lineups or not for the locally-made product, which should spur on the rally that should already be in progress.
    05-08-14 08:41 AM
    Don't know if this has been posted, but did anyone else notice that BBRY will be delivering financials on June 19th?

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY): Launch Of The Magnificent BlackBerry Z3 - Wall Street PR

They're betting on a huge turnaround quarter with the Z3 and being able to deliver positive results prior to the earnings call so they can spend less time talking about the state of the company and more talking about how they want to move forward.

Betting on selling 2 million locally-made phones in 2 weeks in a market the same size as North America that hasn't been previously saturated by smartphones so you can announce the results less than three weeks later? Chen has some brass ones.
    Mr BBRY, rarsen, jxnb and 2 others like this.
    05-08-14 08:48 AM
    Live from BlackBerry Experience ! Non stop excellent speech from John Smith.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140508_091338.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, sidhuk, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    05-08-14 08:51 AM
    05-08-14 09:05 AM
    All gaps covered, we seem to be moving upwards once again.
    05-08-14 09:07 AM
    If that adoption rate is right and it starts to bring it decent revenue, i may just hold onto my shares then...maybe see $14 by fall

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 09:10 AM
    BlackBerry Demystified 6: The Z30 Sold Out, Do We Have A Black Swan? (BBRY) | Seeking Alpha

This guy is on a mission. Keep up the great writing TA!
    morganplus8 and CDM76 like this.
    05-08-14 09:19 AM
    If that adoption rate is right and it starts to bring it decent revenue, i may just hold onto my shares then...maybe see $14 by fall

Posted via CB10
    Temper your already tempered enthusiasm. Aren't BES5 to BES10 conversions free and aren't EZ Pass conversions from competitors products also free for the first year? Significant revenues from on-premises installations may have to wait until next year assuming significant installs want continuing product tech support. I don't know anything about the BES in the Cloud pricing.
    05-08-14 09:30 AM
    I would NOT get excited about this online sold out stuff at all. Until we get some real numbers, it doesn't mean anything. It could mean they've been selling millions and keeping it a huge secret for some reason, or that the supply chain through the site is run by idiots, or that inventory is spread thinly throughout physical shops leaving little in the online 'shop', or it could mean something else. It just seems highly unlikely that the Z30 is selling out (in a real sense) online, and not selling in shops.

05-08-14 09:41 AM
    Pretty active Twitter feed from someone who is attending the BlackBerry Experience in Toronto:
    https://twitter.com/tron

Thanks @tron!
    05-08-14 09:43 AM

Guy Kawasaki on the 12 lessons Steve Jobs taught him.

Just thought I'd throw this in here for those who haven't seen it, and I'm sure most of us have already.

What I find interesting is that several of these points are completely antagonistic to what BlackBerry does, has done, or is currently doing.

1) 'Experts are clueless...'
    2) 'Customers cannot tell you what they want...'

Etc...

I'm not getting into a judgement contest - just find it to be interesting food for thought. I suppose the success of the 'BlackBerry Classic' will tell whether Jobs and Kawasaki are right about point #2...

05-08-14 09:52 AM
    Don't know if this has been posted, but did anyone else notice that BBRY will be delivering financials on June 19th?

BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY): Launch Of The Magnificent BlackBerry Z3 - Wall Street PR

They're betting on a huge turnaround quarter with the Z3 and being able to deliver positive results prior to the earnings call so they can spend less time talking about the state of the company and more talking about how they want to move forward.

Betting on selling 2 million locally-made phones in 2 weeks in a market the same size as North America that hasn't been previously saturated by smartphones so you can announce the results less than three weeks later? Chen has some brass ones.
    2 million Z3 in indonesia on 2 weeks ? i dont think so...

* samsung (market share leader) only sell around 1 million in a quarter,
    * it is miss information stating Z3 pre order are sold out, there are still some retailer accepting pre order for Z3 example : erafone,okeshop (two largest handphone retailers in indonesia)
    * the Z3 ads available only in first day of pre order, there are no buzz for Z3 phone

and some correction Z3 is not localy made in indonesia...it is imported from China, foxconn still not have their own factory in indonesia...they are still negotiating with the government, and wait for the indonesia presidential election finished...
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    05-08-14 09:54 AM
    2 million Z3 in indonesia on 2 weeks ? i dont think so...

* samsung (market share leader) only sell around 1 million in a quarter,
    * it is miss information stating Z3 pre order are sold out, there are still some retailer accepting pre order for Z3 example : erafone,okeshop (two largest handphone retailers in indonesia)
    * the Z3 ads available only in first day of pre order, there are no buzz for Z3 phone

and some correction Z3 is not localy made in indonesia...it is imported from China, foxconn still not have their own factory in indonesia...they are still negotiating with the government, and wait for the indonesia presidential election finished...
    Really?

Snap, that's a tough one.

Not locally made yet could put a damper on that. For some reason I was under the impression Foxconn had already purchased land and built factories there. If that's not the case this it probably won't take off on z3 sales until next quarter.

So these are being made in China by the same factories that require suicide nets?
    05-08-14 10:03 AM

I suppose the success of the 'BlackBerry Classic' will tell whether Jobs and Kawasaki are right about point #2...
    I'm not sure the success of the Classic itself would be the issue. Let's say Blackberry sell a ton - more than any of their newer styled models. What would that mean for the platform, specifically, the slabs and potential tablets? In a sense, the main dilemma for this company since 2007 has been "This is what our customers are buying right now but how can we compete going forward if all we do is keyboards?"
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    05-08-14 10:08 AM
    Really?

Snap, that's a tough one.

Not locally made yet could put a damper on that. For some reason I was under the impression Foxconn had already purchased land and built factories there. If that's not the case this it probably won't take off on z3 sales until next quarter.

So these are being made in China by the same factories that require suicide nets?
    http://www.wantchinatimes.com/news-s...00150&cid=1205

3_M4N likes this.
    05-08-14 10:11 AM
    yeah its not happening....

Foxconn change city for their new factory from yogyakarta to Jakarta...and still in negotiation phase with the government..more recent news ( april 24 2014)
    UPDATE 2-Foxconn to decide fate of Indonesia project in Oct-source | Reuters
    sidhuk and jxnb like this.
    05-08-14 10:17 AM
    One of the comment
    "contrarianwise
    Comments (807)

Trancend Asset:
    Looking for over 300 comments on this one!
    I've been thinking about this and your article reinforces the thought.
    1. We know and it is a fact that the Z30 has top ratings both in media articles and individual comments re Amazon and Verizon. Many commenters have posted the links on these pages--this is common knowledge. We know that this tremendous accomplishment is lost on the analysts and geniuses on Wall street because for whatever reason they like the warmth and glow of the crowd. We know that this tremendous accomplishment is also obscured because the Z30 was launched when the BBRY was put up for sale. And we know it is obscured because it is almost beyond belief when compared with the giants $$$$$ BBRY is competing against: i.e. MSFT, Apple, Samsung, Intel (tizen) etc..
    2. We know that Thomas Edison once remarked that the problem with college educated know it all kids was they didn't know how to suppose.
    3. We know that Francis Chou has one of the best investment records in Wall Street and tripled his bet in BBRY recently and he has a 12th grade education and we know that he said high IQs contacts etc were over-rated in this game and that like Buffet it is more about patience and temperament.
    4. What we do not know at present but does not take a tremendous supposition is the following:
    a. suppose BBRY creates a mini Z30--that the masses can afford?
    1. this is not an outlier position at all--just a warranted supposition that is based on common sense.

2. if the above happened would it be good for BBRY?

3. suppose also that they had a partner that could scale the success of any such device rapidly?

I suppose we will find out eventually as BBRY has a great skipper and plenty of cash for a turnaround effort with great assets."

Mr BBRY and morganplus8 like this.
    05-08-14 10:24 AM
    I am here @ BlackBerry Experience Forum.
    Send me a private message with your bbm pin if you are here too. We can say hello!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140508_115448.jpg

Posted via CB10
    sidhuk likes this.
    05-08-14 10:54 AM
    I am here @ BlackBerry Experience Forum.
    Send me a private message with your bbm pin if you are here too. We can say hello!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140508_115448.jpg 
Views:	1049 
Size:	29.3 KB 
ID:	268620

Posted via CB10
    How do I send and view PM from CB10?
    Do you mind sending me a PM and how I shall see it?

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 11:05 AM
113,256 ... 25992600260126022603 ...