View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Hasn't that been the theme of much of this thread?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes it often has. This is loonie tunes, self delusional foolishness guys. All I said was that I wouldn't, as BlackBerry HQ, want to field a loser in BBM. These enterprise billions we are banking on don't exist yet folks, and if I had my brand name on a product, I would want it to be a winner, regardless of what aspect of my plan it was associated with. Would Apple release a product that they didn't care about enough to want it to be the best? Nope. And that's because they are the best tech company in the world at understanding the power of brand culture. I don't own a single Apple product, but that doesn't blind me from reality.

A while ago, Chen said we were focusing on enterprise and since then nearly everyone has defended any failure or shortcoming in BlackBerry with 'who cares about that; it's all about enterprise'. Well, personally, I think that's bananas, and as I said in my previous message, I don't think BlackBerry HQ disagree.

I expect that they care very much about BBMx being a winner in all categories. I just can't believe that after all that has happened BlackBerry wouldn't understand the importance of brand image - what's an easier sell to the coy mistress, Enterprise, a messaging app that's sixth place, or one that is second behind WhatsApp ?

Nah, I reckon BlackBerry do want BBMx Video out asap, just as they said they would have it out in the summer.

I also think they have done a fantastic job with BBM Shop, and look forward to it filling up with more packs and offerings. Well done BlackBerry. I'm a bit concerned that Snapchat and some others are galloping away and posing a serious threat, but BBM is in with a good chance. Hopefully we will see Video soon.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    leafs123, CDM76 and gilmanhlee like this.
    05-03-14 03:12 AM
    05-03-14 07:55 AM
    For the Win: Why the Toronto Raptors Owners Choose BlackBerry

For the Win: Why the Toronto Raptors Owners Choose BlackBerry | | Inside BlackBerry
    05-03-14 08:43 AM
    Q10 and Z30 are selling for the same UK price of 479 - can't believe the Q10 is still that high ! If only the Z30 would drop 100 pounds, I'd buy one...just can't justify spending that on one when my Z10 is perfectly fine. I really do wonder how many of those were made...the Z30s I mean.

05-03-14 10:50 AM
    Q10 and Z30 are selling for the same UK price of 479 - can't believe the Q10 is still that high ! If only the Z30 would drop 100 pounds, I'd buy one...just can't justify spending that on one when my Z10 is perfectly fine. I really do wonder how many of those were made...the Z30s I mean.

I thought that as well, until I bought one...no comparison really.

I say K cuz I can't spell K.
    05-03-14 11:46 AM
    OT...tune up day on the river boat

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140503_104657.jpg
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140503_103127.jpg

morganplus8, sidhuk, zyben and 4 others like this.
    05-03-14 11:48 AM
    Bbuk14,

I don't know where you are getting your info from. Enterprise currently has trillions on their balance sheet that they will need to put to use in the near future. It is a great market to target.

I don't understand where you are coming from?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 12:26 PM
    Bbuk14,

I don't know where you are getting your info from. Enterprise currently has trillions on their balance sheet that they will need to put to use in the near future. It is a great market to target.

Posted via CB10

Join the club. He is in fantasyland
    05-03-14 12:39 PM
    An article from Feb 24. Sounds like these are the chips to be used in the device announced by BB/NantHealth:

Tensorcom Announces World's Lowest Power 802.11ad WiGig Chip (NantFi) at Barcelona Mobile World Congress

�I�m proud that Tensorcom is a member of the NantWorks family of companies and a key element of our billion dollar investment in an ecosystem of companies committed to transform how we work, live and play. I am particularly proud of the pioneering and breakthrough achievements of our Tensorcom team in being the first in the world to build a chip with such blazing speeds yet with such low power. This breakthrough chip of ultra-low power and high bandwidth will now bring the Internet of things to a whole new dimension, when integrated into all manner of machine-to-machine combinations of mobile computing devices. Tensorcom will proceed with sampling and production of the world's first commercially available ultra low power 802.11ad system on a chip in 2014 and we are in multiple discussions with strategic partners to now build an ecosystem of devices,� said Dr. Patrick Soon-Shiong, Lead Investor and Chairman of the Board of Directors.

Tensorcom Announces World's Lowest Power 802.11ad WiGig Chip (NantFi) at Barcelona Mobile World Congress | Business Wire

The possibilities for BB in healthcare will be endless. Here's a video of Dr Patrick Soon-Shiong discussing the ability to tune hearing aids with smartphones:

Billionaire Dr. Soon-Shiong's Buffett Pledge - Larry King Now - Ora.Tv

And here Dr Soon-Shiong "talks about his NantHealth information technology network and why it will succeed at creating a global, interoperable health information network where so many others before have failed.":

Modern Healthcare HIMSS 2014 on Vimeo

I'm very excited about the future of this partnership.
    05-03-14 01:02 PM
    Bbuk14,

Posted via CB10
    Right. Now if they would just be kind enough to hand over those trillions that would get the SP to about $1000/share, and we are all in the money.

Explain this to me please. BlackBerry already has the lion's share of big enterprise, as they like to brag about. The enterprise has trillions and trillions, as you've have pointed out. So, where is the money ?? And what do you mean by saying that they 'need' to put it to use? You guys are something else sometimes - what the hell are these companies and their trillions waiting for ? If it's always been about enterprise, why did the bottom of the boat drop out when consumer sales died? This is sheer magical thinking.

Yes, enterprise is very important, but some of us in here really need to get some fresh air. There is more than a touch of pseudo-religious, cultish thinking going on. All I said yesterday was that it's delusional to tell ourselves that if BlackBerry are falling behind with BBMx, it doesn't matter because they don't care about that because it's 'all about enterprise'. BlackBerry are bending over backwards trying to court enterprise right now, and we are now waiting until November for the tidal wave of enterprise money that was supposed to be pouring into our pockets by now - remember ? BES 10 and all that? Now it's all about BES 12...in November. Fine, and I think BlackBerry have a good chance at doing very well with enterprise. I just happen to recognise that real success is about more than that, and that it's impossible to isolate one aspect of the company from another.

Why isn't all of enterprise signing on for BES 10 right now, and then waiting for the BES 12 improvements to drop in November ?

Now, I do support BB, and I do buy shares. I'm just not into committing shocking logical fallacies when investing my money, or doing anything really. The mistake SOME people seem to be making is in assuming to begin with that BlackBerry will thrive, and then shifting the future source of the riches to whichever part of the company isn't currently struggling. I just see no virtue in this.

Enterprise is very important, and BlackBerry are well-positioned to do very well. If this weren't the case, I wouldn't own shares. BUT, BlackBerry is also a brand, and that means that like any other brand there is huge value and risk in winning or losing at WHATEVER they compete at. If they are in the consumer IM game, then they must be in it to win it. I personally think they know this, and do want to win. And, again, I hope to see full BBMx soon.

ZayDub likes this.
    05-03-14 01:28 PM
    Just after BlackBerry invests, NantHealth gets a $100 million boost | Built In Los Angeles

[url]http://www.builtinla.com/blog/nanthealth-receives-100m-investment-sovereign-wealth-fund[/u

I wonder if this was part of the pop the last couple of days.
    05-04-14 12:42 AM
    So, I just installed Google Maps with Snap on my Z30...not expecting it to work as I'm only running 10.2.1.2102...and its working perfectly, transit routes, traffic congestion, everything.

Nice indeed.

Isn't anyone concerned about allowing Google full access to their device when installing this???
    rarsen, morganplus8 and CDM76 like this.
    05-04-14 01:02 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-raptors.jpeg

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    05-04-14 03:02 AM
    Right. Now if they would just be kind enough to hand over those trillions that would get the SP to about $1000/share, and we are all in the money.

Explain this to me please. BlackBerry already has the lion's share of big enterprise, as they like to brag about. The enterprise has trillions and trillions, as you've have pointed out. So, where is the money ?? And what do you mean by saying that they 'need' to put it to use? You guys are something else sometimes - what the hell are these companies and their trillions waiting for ? If it's always been about enterprise, why did the bottom of the boat drop out when consumer sales died? This is sheer magical thinking.

Why isn't all of enterprise signing on for BES 10 right now, and then waiting for the BES 12 improvements to drop in November ?

Now, I do support BB, and I do buy shares. I'm just not into committing shocking logical fallacies when investing my money, or doing anything really. The mistake SOME people seem to be making is in assuming to begin with that BlackBerry will thrive, and then shifting the future source of the riches to whichever part of the company isn't currently struggling. I just see no virtue in this.

I will briefly address your points, but I am pushed for time.

1) Enterprise money hasn't been deployed yet (at least not in a big way). If you don't know why, you should follow the news and also educate yourself on how and why companies make investments. To answer your question in simplified manner, the money is in their bank accounts. This money will have to be spent at some point, either that or returned to investors.

Enterprises are in a much better position, financially speaking, than the consumer. Pretty much every indicator is showing this. You only need to look at the price of smartphones and margins in the consumer space to see why it would be ludicrous for them to try and compete in this space. New flagships from Google, Samsung will end up around the 300 dollar mark. Even Apple will have to squeeze their 60% margin to compete in this space.

The consumer market still made up part of their sales, no one is arguing about that. The bottom of the boat didnt drop because of consumers, it is a combination. Fewer new enterprises adopting old BES, fewer blackberry upgrades, fewer enterprises issuing new blackberries, it was a combination.

The main question you should ask yourself is: If you were a company with a limited amount of resources, where would you concentrate your time and effort? would you concentrate in an area where you already have inroads, relationships, you know there is money to be spent if you can offer the right product, and you see growth opportunities, or would you put your time and resources where you are losing already, margins are being squeezed, it is a crowded space and you are already behind?

So no, this is not magical thinking, this a carefully thought through logical process.

2) BES is getting some sign ons. Trial servers went from 30k to 33k in one quarter. BES12 has a lot of interest. I dont know why you say no one is signing up, there are announcements on a weekly basis about new sign ups.

3) Your last point is a joke right? what do you think they should do? what you have suggest they shouldn't do is exactly what they should do! If you dont think they will do well, you should not own shares. Simple.

Most of your points here, really show a lack of knowledge in understanding basic principles in business decision making. Based on this, my advice to you is, even if you do buy shares, sell them and stay away from trading until you have a better understanding of some of the issues you have raised, there is the potential to lose a lot of money.
    05-04-14 05:11 AM
    Isn't anyone concerned about allowing Google full access to their device when installing this???
    Not really, have a read of these...apologies for being a bit convoluted but I'm just heading out:
    http://m.crackberry.com/talking-os-1...system-builder

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...Oie1C-E-mL795A

bungaboy, zyben and Bacon Munchers like this.
    05-04-14 07:21 AM
    I will briefly address your points, but I am pushed for time.

1) Enterprise money hasn't been deployed yet (at least not in a big way). If you don't know why, you should follow the news and also educate yourself on how and why companies make investments. To answer your question in simplified manner, the money is in their bank accounts. This money will have to be spent at some point, either that or returned to investors.

Enterprises are in a much better position, financially speaking, than the consumer. Pretty much every indicator is showing this. You only need to look at the price of smartphones and margins in the consumer space to see why it would be ludicrous for them to try and compete in this space. New flagships from Google, Samsung will end up around the 300 dollar mark. Even Apple will have to squeeze their 60% margin to compete in this space.

The consumer market still made up part of their sales, no one is arguing about that. The bottom of the boat didnt drop because of consumers, it is a combination. Fewer new enterprises adopting old BES, fewer blackberry upgrades, fewer enterprises issuing new blackberries, it was a combination.

The main question you should ask yourself is: If you were a company with a limited amount of resources, where would you concentrate your time and effort? would you concentrate in an area where you already have inroads, relationships, you know there is money to be spent if you can offer the right product, and you see growth opportunities, or would you put your time and resources where you are losing already, margins are being squeezed, it is a crowded space and you are already behind?

So no, this is not magical thinking, this a carefully thought through logical process.

2) BES is getting some sign ons. Trial servers went from 30k to 33k in one quarter. BES12 has a lot of interest. I dont know why you say no one is signing up, there are announcements on a weekly basis about new sign ups.

3) Your last point is a joke right? what do you think they should do? what you have suggest they shouldn't do is exactly what they should do! If you dont think they will do well, you should not own shares. Simple.

Most of your points here, really show a lack of knowledge in understanding basic principles in business decision making. Based on this, my advice to you is, even if you do buy shares, sell them and stay away from trading until you have a better understanding of some of the issues you have raised, there is the potential to lose a lot of money.
    Ah right: the money is in their bank accounts. Why isn't it in our bank accounts ?

Look mate, All I said was that I hope to see full BBMx soon. I didn't even mention devices, and nowhere have I said that enterprise isn't important - nowhere. Now, thanks for the advice and suggestions that I sell all my shares until I am steeped in wisdom like you, but I think I'll just continue to make decisions based on reason and not on hope. If you think that a relative failure of BBM or continued failure in attempts at the consumer market won't have a negative knock on effect on enterprise sales, that's good (or bad) for you. I think it's all connected, and make my decisions on the whole picture as much as I can, not simply considering charts and numbers and hopes, but also psychology, culture, and perception.

If you'll be kind enough to give me a date for the enterprise explosion, I'll mark it on my calendar. You still haven't explained what enterprise are waiting for - I'm not going to continue arguing this, but I'd be interested in you explaining why we haven't already seen the enterprise explosion.

05-04-14 07:38 AM
    05-04-14 09:33 AM
    Hey, Corbu --

Another amazing find on your part. This short piece by four eminent thinkers of our time has such impact that I'm at a loss for words other than to say that I need to think a lot more about this. Thanks for posting!

Mr BBRY, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    05-04-14 10:55 AM
    Hey, Corbu --

Another amazing find on your part. This short piece by four eminent thinkers of our time has such impact that I'm at a loss for words other than to say that I need to think a lot more about this. Thanks for posting!
    You are welcome, jxnb! Glad you enjoyed it.

It is obviously OT but I thought that when people of such a calibre speak, we can probably learn something. I mean, we read so many random thoughts by so-called experts, it is good to change things up every once in a while.
    Last edited by Corbu; 05-04-14 at 06:45 PM.
    05-04-14 11:58 AM
    So its the weekend, Lagoon did we hold up on your charts? and any guesses where this rally might land us?
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    05-04-14 12:01 PM
    Bbuk14,

Sorry I'm a busy man, I will try to answer in the future, no time now.

Google has most of the answers you are looking.

One question you should ask yourself... if you don't think BlackBerry 's strategy now is correct, why are you holding shares?

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    05-04-14 03:39 PM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140504_212918.jpg

Watching this on CNN. Who ever is not concerned about data mining and personal info leaks, is just hypocrite. Very good documentary.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    05-04-14 09:32 PM
    Not really, have a read of these...apologies for being a bit convoluted but I'm just heading out:
    http://m.crackberry.com/talking-os-1...system-builder

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://w...Oie1C-E-mL795A
    I decided on Bemaps pro. It still uses Google Maps AI, ask for almost no access to your device, and, oh ya, is built for BlackBerry!
    bungaboy likes this.
    05-05-14 12:34 AM
    High end stereo speaker system for BlackBerry Z10

Attachment 267423

Saw the diagram on the WebEx BBM channel and had to make one. Works great!

Posted via CB10
    Now, if you glassed the enclosures, sound-damped the rear baffle, and horn loaded the top transducer....

Ah, nevermind.
    bungaboy, rarsen and zyben like this.
    05-05-14 12:37 AM
    Maybe the reason, why we haven't seen BBM-Voice and -Video, lies in here:
    http://www.emirates247.com/business/...05-05-1.547926
    If we see a sleek desktop version for BBM, I wouldn't mind bbm as a chargeable skype-alternative. Or maybe one could split this too, free for consumers and at a fee for the ultrasecure enterprise version.
    05-05-14 01:01 AM
113,256 ... 25922593259425952596 ...