View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    If it belongs at the front page of CB. it belongs here too.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-_mg_0799.jpg
    The BlackBerry identity | CrackBerry.com
    04-29-14 03:03 PM
    Bought PWE and BBRY today

Is corner of Berkshire and Fairfax worth the $20?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-29-14 03:10 PM
    TH out right lied to the investers, is that what you call "spinning"? Telling us how good the hardware was selling and we would be number three was all a lie and he knew it.
    I remember the #3 line - there is a member here that uses it as his tag line and it says "we have a shot at being #3" or something to that effect. TH never gave one number so it's hard to say he lied about them. I think there is a lawsuit going on by some investors who believe as you do, lets see how it turns out.

I'm curious - did you want him to go on CNBC and say "Damn, we built way too many Z10's and the Q10's aren't selling like we hoped either. Seems the legacy folks don't like these phones at all and we were really counting on them to upgrade since we hadn't had a new phone in 2 years...". No one would have bought a BB10 phone then. He had to try and take what they had, which wasn't much and try and build enthusiasm for a platform that was late and pushed too fast.

Chen seems to be a much straighter shooter but if the phones don't give him what he needs I don't expect much more from him either.
    Superfly_FR and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-29-14 03:53 PM
    I remember the #3 line - there is a member here that uses it as his tag line and it says "we have a shot at being #3" or something to that effect. TH never gave one number so it's hard to say he lied about them. I think there is a lawsuit going on by some investors who believe as you do, lets see how it turns out.

I'm curious - did you want him to go on CNBC and say "Damn, we built way too many Z10's and the Q10's aren't selling like we hoped either. Seems the legacy folks don't like these phones at all and we were really counting on them to upgrade since we hadn't had a new phone in 2 years...". No one would have bought a BB10 phone then. He had to try and take what they had, which wasn't much and try and build enthusiasm for a platform that was late and pushed too fast.

Chen seems to be a much straighter shooter but if the phones don't give him what he needs I don't expect much more from him either.
    Yeah, just like TH said "we're going to sell millions of the Q10". That statement really helped sell BB10 devices.
    04-29-14 04:42 PM
    Yeah, just like TH said "we're going to sell millions of the Q10". That statement really helped sell BB10 devices.
    Well . . . to be accurate he said ". . . tens of millions . . . " LoL
    04-29-14 04:49 PM
    BlackBerry Beta Zone now open to Developers!

BlackBerry Beta Zone now open to Developers!

Hello,

We are pleased to announce that BlackBerry developers are now able to beta test their BlackBerry 10 apps through Beta Zone. Very soon you will start to see new “Third Party” beta programs available to you, which will be posted and fully managed by the developers themselves.

What do you need to know?

The process for participating in these beta programs remains the same, but all of your feedback will be submitted directly to the developers. Here are a few important things to note:

1. You can easily distinguish between a Third Party and a BlackBerry beta application by taking a look at the ‘Author’ of the download in the Beta Zone app – BlackBerry apps will have “BlackBerry” listed as the Author, while Third Party apps will have the BlackBerry World Vendor name listed, example: “OSBB”.

2. ‘Submit Feedback’ – After joining a Third Party beta program, you can contact the developer directly by using the ‘Submit Feedback’ form in the Beta Zone app. Be sure to select the appropriate beta program name from the “What is your feedback about?” dropdown, so that your feedback is sent to the correct developer.

Start testing!

We are quite excited about this and expect that it will go a long way towards improving the quality of the apps available to you in BlackBerry World. We hope that you too are just as excited as we are, and that you will provide developers with the same amazing level of support and quality feedback that you have provided to BlackBerry over the years.

As always, thank you for the continued support and happy testing!

Kiel
    04-29-14 04:50 PM
    OT:

Twitter shares tumble as user growth disappoints.

Twitter shares tumble as user growth disappoints - The Globe and Mail
    rarsen, jxnb, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    04-29-14 04:59 PM
    04-29-14 09:57 PM
    Kuwait Fund Invests in NantHealth | Los Angeles Business Journal

NantHealth, billionaire Patrick Soon-Shiong’s health care technology company, on Tuesday announced it is getting an investment of $100 million from Kuwait’s sovereign wealth fund.

NantHealth, a unit of Culver City based NantWorks, will use the money to accelerate rollout of its cloud-based clinical health information system that links patients, health care providers and medical researchers. The NantHealth platform so far has been installed at about 260 hospitals and connects more than 16,000 stationary and mobile medical devices.

"We believe that evidence-based, molecularly driven medicine will be the cornerstone of future health care delivery," Soon-Shiong said in a statement. “Partnering with KIA gives us the global scale to succeed in enhancing patient outcomes and better access to care through secure cloud-based, broadband networks.”

Soon-Shiong, No. 1 on the Business Journal’s list of Wealthiest Angeles with an estimated net worth of more than $8.9 billion, founded NantWorks as an umbrella company to commercialize a variety of health care, science and technology opportunities.

Though maintaining control over the bulk of his companies, Soon-Shiong has been accepting investments from strategic technology and financial partners that include BlackBerry and Blackstone.
    04-29-14 10:04 PM

Oh how I'd love that car.

I say K cuz I can't spell K.
    Corbu and sidhuk like this.
    04-29-14 10:09 PM
    Totally OT!

I apologize but I could not resist...

Since we are talking about cars, with that QNX equipped CLA 45 AMG, I saw this today and I had to share with you guys what is perhaps, the antithesis of that AMG... A totally "non-QNX car" from 50 years ago. Still awesome though, if you ask me... Turn up that volume!

Hope you'll enjoy the ride!

04-29-14 10:36 PM
    Can anyone answer whether or not we have already taken on the share dilution that Watsa scored?
    I recall us crossing the 10 mark, so I would think that dilution has happened, and thus we should be in better position going forth(?)

Can someone correct me here?

Thanks.

OT:

While we are awaiting a pop, here is another reason not to buy an android device:

BadLepricon malware caught stealth-mining bitcoin in Android apps

http://www.theguardian.com/technolog...g-android-apps
    04-30-14 01:12 AM
    04-30-14 06:19 AM
    Prediction: This stock is going to pop around the end of April or first week of May.

Also, it is in Chen's best interest to not be seen as doing anything to inflate the stock at this moment.

He's purposefully being vague.

He's downplaying the device side of the business because he still expects it to take off with Foxconn.
    From about three weeks ago.
    04-30-14 06:28 AM

He he he....you just pulled a Don Cherry

Good call thou....

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    04-30-14 06:46 AM
    04-30-14 08:30 AM
    PLEASE be true...I am missing my BB10 swipes.

bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    04-30-14 08:37 AM
    Place your bets while the wheel is spinning.
    04-30-14 08:37 AM
    I'll put 200.00 on an enterprise tablet, specialized though, perhaps for medical, engineering, logistics and sales.

04-30-14 08:43 AM
    Here's another silly link which I fully expect will garner several "likes".

Oh...it's a decent read and on topic.
    http://www.charliehiphop.com/node/866

bungaboy, sidhuk, jxnb and 7 others like this.
    04-30-14 08:54 AM
    Here's another silly link which I fully expect will garner several "likes".

Oh...it's a decent read and on topic.
    Why I'm Buying BlackBerry | CharlieHipHop

One of each for that one. Thanks.
    sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-30-14 09:00 AM
    OT: Twitter

Analcysts all over the board!

Cowen cut its price target on Twitter to $26 (U.S.) from $32 and reiterated an "underperform" rating. Baird cut its target on Twitter to $50 from $55 and reiterated a "neutral" rating. Janney Capital cut its target to $48 (U.S.) from $55 but maintained a "buy" rating. Evercore Partners cut its target to $48 from $66 and reiterated an "overweight" rating. BMO Nesbitt Burns cut its target to $42 from $53 and maintained a "market perform" rating.
    sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-30-14 09:02 AM
    A tablet with a resolution of 800 x 480 ?
    I don't think this makes any sence for a consumer or enterprise tablet.
    Maybe they are testing something internally. The scalability behaviour of BB 10 or something like that.
    Or it's a screen for a console panel to test M2M things.
    zyben likes this.
    04-30-14 09:03 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=927873

Check out this link, the forum is pretty interesting. New developers working on new games for bb10 devices

Posted via CB10
    zyben, sidhuk, smart548 and 1 others like this.
    04-30-14 09:12 AM
    Will be interesting to see what happens with all of these social media companies.

I think we are a couple of years off the collapse yet.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-14 09:54 AM
113,256 ... 25872588258925902591 ...