View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    There is always the loved BLOCK feature!
    Lol, still have to see that scary puss face in your Avatar, every time you post.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    04-29-14 10:20 AM
    Lol, still have to see that scary puss face in your Avatar, every time you post.

It should only scare you if you are a mouse!

Your avatar still "sports" my favorite beverage!
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    04-29-14 10:22 AM
    I would also like to hear why the proorders sold out so fast.
    heck ....I would be happy with just a logical explanation of how you can "sell out" on pre-orders?
    bizzarothor likes this.
    04-29-14 10:24 AM
    It should only scare you if you are a mouse!

Your avatar still "sports" my favorite beverage!
    I know, I always make the right decision. LOL

bungaboy likes this.
    04-29-14 10:24 AM
    heck ....I would be happy with just a logical explanation of how you can "sell out" on pre-orders?
    Keep in mind, it could just be translated mistake from Bhasha to English.

bungaboy likes this.
    04-29-14 10:28 AM
    Keep in mind, it could just be translated mistake from Bhasha to English.

Dunno ...I just know something sounds off to me. This is pre-orders. Your only selling E-mail confirmations at this stage ....just keep taking orders!
    04-29-14 10:33 AM
    Dunno ...I just know something sounds off to me. This is pre-orders. Your only selling E-mail confirmations at this stage ....just keep taking orders!
    All I can think is that there was a limited supply and closed pre-orders when they hit their limit.
    04-29-14 10:36 AM
    either way, i do not think blackberry controls 3rd party web site messages. at this stage, sold out or not doesnt mean anything IMO. I have seen this movie before when z10 was launched. I would rather have low expectation and deliver more, than bump up the high expectations and then drop the stock price 30%.
    Plus, this z3 launch success or failure making me think very narrow. I am just about forgetting that blackberry has enterprise, qnx, bbm etc.
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    04-29-14 10:43 AM
    All I can think is that there was a limited supply and closed pre-orders when they hit their limit.
    It's a thought, but I just have to ask...supply of what? E-mail confirmations? There is no supply...its vapourware until the supply actually gets on trucks and into stores. Then it just becomes a lead time... This is the part I'm struggling with, how do you run out of stock on something that doesn't exist yet? LOL

Only logical thing I can think of is that there are credit limts as to how much any one carrier can afford to order or allowed to order, and until that allotment is payment received and payment made out, they cannot allot anymore. Outside of that, keep taking orders and adjust lead time accordingly ..... just like they did here in North America with the Z10 launch
    04-29-14 10:53 AM
    I'm in the camp of those claiming that revenues of these huge stores are mostly driven by side effects, i.e not apps sales % but customers conquest for other attached services (books, music, movies, or goods in general) and targeted marketing (your personal informations).
    Any increase of usage also generates hits and advertising revenues ...
    So by itself, Amazon - as the owner off the platform - could gain substantial revenues from each BlackBerry consumer (we know they're "Credit Card powered" ones ).

[now, speculation 100%]
    On the other side, I'm not sure BlackBerry media platform (music, movie, e-books) can survive and generate revenues until they grab massive deals with publishers, which, last time I checked, was far to be the case. So they could make a cross deal with Amazon ... like the Amazon Cloud Player, for instance.
    [/speculation]
    OT: But if BlackBerry World was just done away with and became the Amazon Store with Amazon Music, Amazon Movies, Amazon Apps, Amazon Books.... yes I can see there being a revenue stream for Amazon. But they only way that happens is if BlackBerry gets all the way into bed with Amazon - don't see Amazon letting BlackBerry keep their own ecosystem to allow to slowly grow and take over at some point (not that I think it would grow in the shadow of such a strong ecosystem).

Your Ecosystem is your support for your hardware and devices, which in turn helps you steer people to your products. Kindle Tablets and soon to be released Phones are more than just any old device - everything about them points users back to Amazon.
    04-29-14 10:54 AM
    It's a thought, but I just have to ask...supply of what? E-mail confirmations? There is no supply...its vapourware until the supply actually gets on trucks and into stores. Then it just becomes a lead time... This is the part I'm struggling with, how do you run out of stock on something that doesn't exist yet? LOL

Only logical thing I can think of is that there are credit limts as to how much any one carrier can afford to order or allowed to order, and until that allotment is payment received and payment made out, they cannot allot anymore. Outside of that, keep taking orders and adjust lead time accordingly ..... just like they did here in North America with the Z10 launch
    Limited Edition Jakarta Devices is what some said were on pre-order. The question is where there 500 of them available or were there a million of them. For the regular stock edition of the Z3... those pre-orders might come before now and launch, or there maybe no more pre-orders.
    ibpluto likes this.
    04-29-14 10:58 AM
    Limited Edition Jakarta Devices is what some said were on pre-order. The question is where there 500 of them available or were there a million of them. For the regular stock edition of the Z3... those pre-orders might come before now and launch, or there maybe no more pre-orders.
    OK....that makes sense. If its a limited edition device they are talking about ....but it would be nice of someone to note that in these articles.
    04-29-14 10:59 AM

Maybe they are being honest with their customers and promissing these preordered units on release day. It could also mean that they sold all of the Z3 units in the first run and it could be weeks/months before more come off the line. Same happens here with Apple products. Order early and you get it on release day, after that the delivery date starts to slip.

I see my stop just engaged and I am cashed out for the day. Another pretty nice day for me and my cat! He will be getting a nice piece of my "Cowboy" steak this Friday evening.
    ibpluto likes this.
    04-29-14 11:00 AM
    you can still order from this site using the following options.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-preor.jpg
    04-29-14 11:02 AM
    Good read:
    BlackBerry Z3 Stacked Up Against Low-End Competitors |

Props to BerryFlow and Brandon Orr
    rarsen, zyben, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    04-29-14 12:13 PM
    Good read:
    BlackBerry Z3 Stacked Up Against Low-End Competitors |

Props to BerryFlow and Brandon Orr
    I wish they advertised BB's Android player. Even if it was with some vague wording. Some Android phones (including Samsung) put a BBM logo in their advertisements in these countries. BB should advertise Android Player capability too.

Something like:

<Android Logo> Android Player* Support

*Android player allows you to install several Android apps directly onto your BlackBerry 10!
    bizzarothor likes this.
    04-29-14 12:25 PM
    Why BlackBerry has the potential to drive mHealth apps forward - FierceMobileHealthcare

There's some exciting news in world of mobile healthcare apps and at the forefront is BlackBerry, planning expand its enterprise footprint into the healthcare market.

Why is this exciting? Because BlackBerry is renowned for its business-focused devices and data security. It once had a knuckle-tight grip as a leader in smartphone technology for the business enterprise and lost that perch partly due to the bring-you-own-device trend that forced enterprises to shift and make room for users' devices. Yet, BlackBerry's security technology is why the White House, most of the stock market and top businesses still use its handsets and communications server for all things work-related.

As we've watched in the past year, data breaches have spiked, specifically within the retail market with top names, including Target, suffering from data break-ins and potential fallout with consumers, and their trust in the brand.

Financial data is valuable, confidential and needs to be protected. But healthcare data is even more valuable and just as confidential, and technology that can boost protection of that data is a welcome sight. Consumers are wary of healthcare devices and providers are nervous about putting such critical data not only on smartphones but in cloud computing environments. BlackBerry understands those concerns and has evidently mapped out a plan for the healthcare segment.

BlackBerry's foray began with its announcement, as FierceMobileHealthcare reported, that it was teaming up with NantHealth on a healthcare platform and smartphone. The players are developing a smartphone that will provide optimization for 3D images and CT scans. And just think that's just the starting point. When it arrives in 2015, I believe the smartphone will very likely be a turning point in mobile healthcare communication devices.

NantHealth has deep healthcare industry roots, with its clinical operating system now in use at 250 hospitals. As NantHealth founder Patric Soon-Shiong noted, BlackBerry's security expertise is incredibly valuable. And as BlackBerry CEO John Chen noted, the venture is a forward-looking collaboration that represents a solid starting point in driving super-secure approaches to mHealth devices and apps.

Shortly after came news that that BlackBerry is embracing healthcare apps, as well. It has now made the Axial Exchange patient engagement app available in its BlackBerry World store. It's clearly the starting point of what BlackBerry hopes to provide to the healthcare user. The Axial app lets users learn about medical conditions, track progress of healthcare efforts and can provide reminders during treatment and recovery times. It can also monitor glucose levels, blood pressure and even weight.

I see it as just the start of a new secure mHealth frontier and it'll be of little surprise if BlackBerry ends up leading the charge as mHealth tech evolves.
    sidhuk, rarsen, zyben and 3 others like this.
    04-29-14 12:35 PM
    A little OT, but the Nokia X reviews are out. It is a $120 android 4" screen smartphone. It runs a modified version of android 4.1.

Basically the reviews are poor. In addition to the bigger screen, the Z3's performance should eat this guy for lunch.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 12:50 PM
    A little OT, but the Nokia X reviews are out. It is a $120 android 4" screen smartphone. It runs a modified version of android 4.1.

Basically the reviews are poor. In addition to the bigger screen, the Z3's performance should eat this guy for lunch.

Posted via CB10
    Nokia x has modified android on 512 rams, 4gb internal storage and 1Ghz 2core processor and no front camera.
    i dont see any advantage other than cheap price. more and more i look at z3, it makes sense.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 04-29-14 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Cant Fool the proffesionals.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-29-14 12:55 PM
    Do you mean Nokia X - those aren't the specs of the moto x.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    04-29-14 01:19 PM
    oh my ... I love this new "dolphin style" (dive to jump) we can see lately ...
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    04-29-14 01:40 PM
    I like it too!
    04-29-14 01:58 PM
    I believed and continue to do so as the numbers have come out over time, that TH was spinning what he could in the face of bad news. He tried to put a happy face on the situation hoping you would hear the news and want one yourself. You can't believe that the CEO doesn't know every day on his computer maybe even his Classic how many phones have moved at any given time.

So instead of numbers we got "best launch in BlackBerry history".

I think the Z3 will be the same. If the numbers are perceived to be good, you will get them. If not, expect the same kind of spin.
    04-29-14 02:14 PM
    Nokia x has modified android on 512 rams, 4gb internal storage and 1Ghz 2core processor and no front camera.
    i dont see any advantage other than cheap price. more and more i look at z3, it makes sense.
    Looks as though the main competition in the category is the motoG.

And if someone is shopping for specs, they'll probably go with it due to quad and much higher res. Screen.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 02:38 PM
    I believed and continue to do so as the numbers have come out over time, that TH was spinning what he could in the face of bad news. He tried to put a happy face on the situation hoping you would hear the news and want one yourself. You can't believe that the CEO doesn't know every day on his computer maybe even his Classic how many phones have moved at any given time.

So instead of numbers we got "best launch in BlackBerry history".

I think the Z3 will be the same. If the numbers are perceived to be good, you will get them. If not, expect the same kind of spin.
    TH out right lied to the investers, is that what you call "spinning"? Telling us how good the hardware was selling and we would be number three was all a lie and he knew it.
    leafs123 and anon(4086547) like this.
    04-29-14 02:43 PM
113,256 ... 25862587258825892590 ...