View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I personally think the Z3 is all about a low cost Corp device for the large employers our there...I know one of our clients (a national heavy equipment dealer) upgraded to BES 10 and bought majority of staff Q5's, senior staff had option of Z10, Q10...that's all that was available then (about a year ago now).

If it flies with the masses all the better but I'm not thinking here in the western hemisphere where subsidized plans are everywhere that it will.

Fantastic option for big employers though.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    sidhuk, jxnb, Superfly_FR and 1 others like this.
    04-27-14 07:51 PM
    Garnok,

Could you comment on this BlackBerry 10 upgrade of the Bbm money application?

Seems to have many happy users?

Attachment 266161

Looks like some cool new features like bill payments and ATM topups too

Attachment 266162

Posted via CB10
    I am liking how BlackBerry turned the BitCoin... er... coin, into a BlackBerry coin.

A blatant thumb to the eye!
    Superfly_FR, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    04-27-14 08:57 PM
    two BB Z3 ads from kompas indonesia largest newspaper

[The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image.jpg
    04-27-14 09:33 PM
    Garnok,

Could you comment on this BlackBerry 10 upgrade of the Bbm money application?

Seems to have many happy users?

Attachment 266161

Looks like some cool new features like bill payments and ATM topups too

Attachment 266162

Posted via CB10
    not many people using BBM money...there are many banks offering same service as BBM money .....the most important thing is to bring more merchant partner to accept BBM money payment..and Permata their Banking partner only medium size Bank in indonesia
    04-27-14 09:37 PM
    Not sure if any one ever posted this, but I got a kick out of it!
    04-28-14 01:23 AM
    Not sure if any one ever posted this, but I got a kick out of it!
    What an epic rant! Thanks for sharing. Great way to start monday morning, lol.

Z3 look great, but I'm a little bit concearned because of of the screen resolution. 540 x 960 qHD resolution on a 5 inch running apps, optimized for 720 ?!
    I hope, it's not too fuzzy...
    04-28-14 03:21 AM
    haha loved the rant and the middle finger idea
    P.S: Back in town gang, signed my mortgage and appartment ... excited (and $naked for the next 20yrs !).
    04-28-14 05:59 AM
    Where is SF? On holiday?

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    oh, yeah ... I was
    Thanks for asking !

edit: Sorry I was -again- in a e-detox mood and more likely in a real estate investing moment
    I'm 100% ok, sorry for the blackout!
    04-28-14 06:05 AM
    Welcome to the forum!

Positive posts ONLY please and you also must include a useless quote and do what ever it takes to get as many "likes" and "thanks" as possible!
    04-28-14 06:27 AM
    Standard WSJ fare:

BlackBerry Takes Preorders for Indonesia Smartphone - Digits - WSJ

BlackBerry is now accepting preorders for the low-cost, Foxconn-made smartphone it’s releasing first in Indonesia, where its devices have traditionally been popular.

The Waterloo, Ontario-based company said Monday it expects the smartphone, called the BlackBerry Z3, to be priced at 2,199,000 Indonesian rupiah (US$189), and that an official unveiling of the device will take place on May 13 in Jakarta. The phone can be ordered from two Indonesian telecommunications providers, Indosat and XL.

As part of a plan to cut its phone making costs amid declining market share in Indonesia and elsewhere, BlackBerry has outsourced much of its hardware business to Taiwan’s Foxconn, officially known as Hon Hai Precision Industry, which produces most of world’s iPhones and iPads.

BlackBerry Chief Executive John Chen said in February the Z3 would first go on sale in Indonesia before expanding to the rest of Southeast Asia.

The phone “will be pretty critical for BlackBerry,” said Daniel Pang, a senior research manager at IDC Malaysia who focuses on devices in Southeast Asia.

Indonesia is “basically their last bastion,” he said. But even there, the company has fallen behind as competitors have advertised aggressively.

Mr. Pang noted that while the device’s price is attractive, the Z3’s touch screen may be a turnoff to consumers who prefer BlackBerry’s traditional QWERTY keyboard. In addition, the Z3 lacks dual-SIM functionality, which some competing smartphones offer.

“I’m not so sure the Z3 will be their savior,” he said. ”Loyalty to BlackBerry in Indonesia is in some ways built in,” he said, “but they’ve still lost a lot.”

A BlackBerry spokesman said Indonesia is a big market for the company and BlackBerry is a “trusted and respected brand.”

The Z3 runs the BlackBerry 10 operating system, has a 5-inch display and comes with content formulated for Indonesian users, such as special virtual stickers for its popular BlackBerry Messenger app, the company said.

A special version of the phone, called the “Jakarta Edition,” will come with “Jakarta” inscribed on the device’s back, BlackBerry said.

Separately, Blackberry has said it plans to launch this fall a retro-style device, known as the Classic, with a tactile keyboard.
    bungaboy, jxnb, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    04-28-14 07:04 AM
    04-28-14 07:15 AM
    Various sources:

BlackBerry (BBRY) was upgraded at Oppenheimer to perform from underperform. Valuation call, based on a sum-of-the-parts valuation, Oppenheimer said.
    sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    04-28-14 07:36 AM
    04-28-14 07:56 AM
    This is a BIG endorsement!!! Any of you in the Engineering/Scientific field will recognize the name SAIC.
    Corbu, sidhuk, smart548 and 7 others like this.
    04-28-14 08:03 AM
    Further details on the Oppenheimer upgrade

Why BlackBerry Just Got an Upgrade - TheStreet

BlackBerry is becoming a different company under CEO John Chen than it was under former CEO Thorsten Heins, as it moves away from devices. With the added emphasis on services, enterprise and messaging, Wall Street is starting to take notice. However, the company isn't out of the woods just yet.

Oppenheimer analyst Ittai Kidron has upgraded shares of Waterloo, Ontario-based BlackBerry to "perform" from "underperform," noting that under Chen, BlackBerry is changing itself to focus more on enterprise, but the next few quarters may be rocky. "We continue to see a tough and long road ahead for BlackBerry as it pursues its enterprise-focused transformation and we wouldn't be surprised by poor results and missed milestones,"Kidron wrote in his note." However, the initial euphoria around CEO John Chen's strategy has subsided and we believe the hard reality has sunk in with investors who are now more negatively biased for a large gap in 2014 and more realistic asset valuations. We see better SoP support around $7 from immediate value in QNX and IP and potential in messaging and enterprise. And as BlackBerry moves further away from devices and shows progress in enterprise, investors could see value in assets limiting downside."

Kidron notes BlackBerry's most valuable assets are its patents, the QNX operating system, BBM, its position in enterprise, as well as its $1.96 a share in cash. Given the recent hoopla surrounding messaging apps such as WhatsApp, which Facebook recently announced it was acquiring, BBM could have some upside to it. BBM ended the quarter with 115 million users, of which 85 million are monthly active users.

Following the company's fiscal fourth-quarter earnings report which saw the company report a loss of 8 cents a share on $976 million in sales, compared to the loss of 67 cents a share on $1.13 billion analysts were expecting, Kidron believes reality has set in for BlackBerry. The initial euphoria surrounding Chen, who helped lead the turnaround at Sybase before selling it to SAP a few years ago, is over, and reality is sinking in. In the fourth quarter BlackBerry burned through $800 million in free cash, leaving it with $2.7 billion in cash and cash equivalents, so the company's balance sheet is in a weaker position than it had been previously.

Given that and several other facts, investors should begin to focus on the fact BlackBerry is no longer a device first company, though it continues to come out with new devices, such as the upcoming Z3, and the Q20 BlackBerry Classic, which is coming in November. Kidron believes that as inventory gets closer to normal and these new products are introduced, there could be a potential temporary lift to device sales.

Chen took over from Heins in November, and since then he and his management team have done a good job of cutting the company's expenses - $246 million in the fourth quarter alone, Kidron notes. However, it's time to focus more on the turnaround. "Management's done a good job cutting expenses ($246M in 4Q14 alone), and more dramatic cuts could be made without comprising effectiveness as BlackBerry becomes software driven," Kidron wrote in the report. "This should help it preserve cash and extend the time it has to pursue a turnaround."
    sidhuk, jxnb, Superfly_FR and 4 others like this.
    04-28-14 08:07 AM
    Welcome to the forum!

Positive posts ONLY please and you also must include a useless quote and do what ever it takes to get as many "likes" and "thanks" as possible!
    And lots of links to investor blogs and copy of quoted articles.... but don't waste time on adding your own comments.
    04-28-14 08:21 AM
    For that price range and in that market, I would think 540 will be fine - however when they make a ROW LTE version, I would if we will see a variant with a 720p screen?
    04-28-14 08:27 AM
    Welcome to the forum!

And lots of links to investor blogs and copy of quoted articles.... but don't waste time on adding your own comments.
    Not sure how to describe the above ... so let's close this OT before it even starts.
    You are all welcome to talk about it in the appropriate forum : Rehab & Off-Topic Lounge - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com . Thank you all (I mean not only the quoted; intended for all of us).

Warning: our beloved PK is out of the office for a few weeks and I'm not sure everyone will be as flexible as he is.
    morganplus8, Corbu, jxnb and 9 others like this.
    04-28-14 08:39 AM
    04-28-14 09:06 AM
    "Microsoft said in the advisory that the vulnerability could allow a hacker to take complete control of an affected system, then do things such as viewing changing, or deleting data, installing malicious programs, or creating accounts that would give hackers full user rights."

They said that windows xp will not be patched.
    Does windows phone also uses the same browser? I mean the one that is competing and will be beating z3 in Indonesia? (I know people dont care about security)

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-ca/ho...ernet-explorer
    bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-28-14 09:14 AM
    Does windows phone also uses the same browser? I mean the one that is competing and will be beating z3 in Indonesia? (I know people dont care about security)

Using Internet Explorer on your Windows Phone | Windows Phone How-to (Canada)
    Do you mean the X? It's an android phone.
    04-28-14 09:57 AM
    Kantar smartphone marketshare for 1st quarter of 2014....
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image.jpg
    04-28-14 10:05 AM
    For that price range and in that market, I would think 540 will be fine - however when they make a ROW LTE version, I would if we will see a variant with a 720p screen?
    doesnt using 720p screen will make the prices higher ? we know developed countries doesnt want to buy expensive BB10 phone...maybe $150 BB10 will help increase the sales (my estimation price because import taxes for mobile phone in indonesia are higher than some countries)
    Last edited by garnok; 04-28-14 at 10:25 AM.
    04-28-14 10:10 AM
    Yaay....Australia, the worm that turned
    zyben, Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    04-28-14 10:11 AM
    Kantar smartphone marketshare for 1st quarter of 2014....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1013 
Size:	164.3 KB 
ID:	266377
    sorry, some how this attachment didnt open.
    I am assuming that it is 0% market share? if blackberry "can survive" at 0% handset market share. i hope that is a good sign. with new handset strategies it can not go any lower than 0%.

edit: i just saw the attachment. Canada would be 0 too. but Britain at 5% is surprise and more than i expected.
    04-28-14 10:15 AM
113,250 ... 25822583258425852586 ...