View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    it is your opinion if browser is better...but it is a very informative data that people attach to apps more and more...

it is not just in the US where more than 90% people using android and ios...in most developed countries and some emerging market it also the same way...

than BB should promote their fastest browser, keyboard, battery life, reception...very very hard. then see which one people prefer more....until then it just talk...
    Right now. The argument is between you and me. I asked you to let's meet in person half way to figure it out. That will be a good promotion IMO

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    morganplus8, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    04-25-14 10:11 PM
    it is your opinion if browser is better...but it is a very informative data that people attach to apps more and more...
    Apps do specific things...and do them well. BlackBerry 10 has access to all Android apps...with leak 2228 almost all work (including Google maps)...this will certainly be fully available in 10.3.1...so now we have a 5 inch full touch screen for under 150 bucks, all the Android apps, plus all the BB10 apps and the world's fastest browser...and best reader.

Add in BES with personal space and world's best security...seems pretty compelling to me.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    04-25-14 10:28 PM
    Right now. The argument is between you and me. I asked you to let's meet in person half way to figure it out. That will be a good promotion IMO

if you want to sell me Z30 or proven to me that Z30 is the best..then it is you who should travel to indonesia, Jakarta. Why i need to meet you halfway ?

maybe Z30 is best phone...but without ecosystem to support it, people will not care..people already to attach to ecosystem other platform have

i believe BB will still survive and their sp will go up but it is because the services like BES and BBM..not their hardware
    04-25-14 10:31 PM
    if you want to sell me Z30 or proven to me that Z30 is the best..then it is you who should travel to indonesia, Jakarta. Why i need to meet you halfway ?

maybe Z30 is best phone...but without ecosystem to support it, people will not care..people already to attach to ecosystem other platform have

i believe BB will still survive and their sp will go up but it is because the services like BES and BBM..not their hardware
    I have no interest selling you anything.. you are jumping on the blackberry bashing wagon in very clever way. You do not realize how many people depend on this brand? Competition is never a bad thing. Consumers having more and more choices never a bad thing. Despite bathers ike you, blackberry is still the top tech company in Canada, 5 years in a row. We all know what happened in the past but this company is trying and is trying very hard. Please leave it alone and go find some real job

theRock1975 and bungaboy like this.
    04-25-14 10:45 PM
    Apps do specific things...and do them well. BlackBerry 10 has access to all Android apps...with leak 2228 almost all work (including Google maps)...this will certainly be fully available in 10.3.1...so now we have a 5 inch full touch screen for under 150 bucks, all the Android apps, plus all the BB10 apps and the world's fastest browser...and best reader.

Add in BES with personal space and world's best security...seems pretty compelling to me.

it is great if BB10 have capabilities to run almost all important android apps...including google services..with simple purchase in BB world or other app store (amazon?) . if it happen maybe then i will upgrade my BB legacy to BB10..

ike i said before $150 is a pretty nice price... the only thing we have to wait is the spec sheet. it is very logical to see everything before choosing a phone, some people in here feels like i'm attacking BB Z3 specs, no i'm not...maybe if they offer higher than $200 i will critize if the specs is low. but with $150 rumoured specs are good enough...

i remained sceptical and bearish for BB hardware, but JC already make a competitive low end device (if the spec rumour are true)..they just need to make a special launch event...because most people in indonesia not a fan of online order, and with a making special launch event it will get more attention from the media

i only mention nokia x because they make a sucessful event, with thousand people queue and getting lot of media attention
    04-25-14 10:47 PM
    Apps do specific things...and do them well.
    It's pretty ironic how people defend the web browser nowadays when you know about the history of computing. Alan Kay, the inventor of one of the first object oriented programming languages Smalltalk, talked about how he was utterly appalled at the invention of the web browser. Kay was a strong believer of the "internet of things" and was displeased how internet access was largely limited to a single program/portal. Indeed, apps are a closer realization of the object oriented paradigm than the web browser and it took all the way to the mobile revolution to fully realize the object oriented vision. (The object oriented paradigm is the prevalent programming language model of our time. Java, C#, etc. are all OOP languages.)
    rarsen likes this.
    04-25-14 10:55 PM
    I have no interest selling you anything.. you are jumping on the blackberry bashing wagon in very clever way. You do not realize how many people depend on this brand? Competition is never a bad thing. Consumers having more and more choices never a bad thing. Despite bathers ike you, blackberry is still the top tech company in Canada, 5 years in a row. We all know what happened in the past but this company is trying and is trying very hard. Please leave it alone and go find some real job

i always make a negative post...it is true...it because i try to make an argument with something i not agree with or not feel it is the true.., if it seems i bash BB i apologize..but i will not stop making post i'm not agree with...

and if you see my other post i also critisize apple, google, samsung ( very rare because it is BB site)..i love business and tech that is why most of my post are related on business side...
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    04-25-14 11:02 PM
    it is great if BB10 have capabilities to run almost all important android apps...including google services..with simple purchase in BB world or other app store (amazon?) . if it happen maybe then i will upgrade my BB legacy to BB10..
    i
    So what Google store with "Google services" you download from on your current BlackBerry legacy device?

04-25-14 11:08 PM
    So what Google store with "Google services" you download from on your current BlackBerry legacy device?

no i just use my BB legacy as communication phone + android phone +ipad mini...if they offer popular android apps i will be tempted to buy one, because it already cheap enough and i want to try it..but if not i just stick using my BB legacy, and using the money to upgarade my android/ipad
    04-25-14 11:22 PM
    no i just use my BB legacy as communication phone + android phone +ipad mini...if they offer popular android apps i will be tempted to buy one, because it already cheap enough and i want to try it..but if not i just stick using my BB legacy, and using the money to upgarade my android/ipad
    If you haven't tried bb10 then you shouldn't argue here based on what you hear.
    I had left legacy device a while back and used few iPhone and good android phone. But never felt home. Once I used z30, it was never going back the new os is miles ahead of old legacy devices.
    We have 4 ipads at home, I barely touch my ipad anymore now. The only thing I use ipad for is flipboard.

04-25-14 11:31 PM
    If you haven't tried bb10 then you shouldn't argue here based on what you hear.
    I had left legacy device a while back and used few iPhone and good android phone. But never felt home. Once I used z30, it was never going back the new os is miles ahead of old legacy devices.
    We have 4 ipads at home, I barely touch my ipad anymore now. The only thing I use ipad for is flipboard.

i've tried it...and help my nephew buy a Q10. it is a very good phone....but with high price tag $600 and without necessary apps (stock broker apps, fitness apps, google maps, etc) it turn me off....

and now my nephew (13 years old) consider to change his Q10 to iPhone 5S because he dont have apps he wants...(he is jealous with his younger brother iPhone 4S)

it is my main point of argument...BB can release the best phone ever, but without support from ecosystem it will waste...

now after i re read the promotion i'm tempted to buy Z3 because if im not wrong looks like there are another additional discount 5% if you are owner of visa credit card or $18 additional discount for Niaga credit card holders...it will drop the price to $125 - $135.

well there are still times to think it over between upgrade my android phone or buy Z3.
    04-25-14 11:45 PM
    i've tried it...and help my nephew buy a Q10. it is a very good phone....but with high price tag $600 and without necessary apps (stock broker apps, fitness apps, google maps, etc) it turn me off....

and now my nephew (13 years old) consider to change his Q10 to iPhone 5S because he dont have apps he wants...(he is jealous with his younger brother iPhone 4S)

it is my main point of argument...BB can release the best phone ever, but without support from ecosystem it will waste...

now after i re read the promotion i'm tempted to buy Z3 because if im not wrong looks like there are another additional discount 5% if you are owner of visa credit card or $18 additional discount for Niaga credit card holders...it will drop the price to $125 - $135.

well there are still times to think it over between upgrade my android phone or buy Z3.
    I spent over $1000.00 on my last iPhone. My older son has it now. My younger one would not use anything other than a blackberry. Nice to have more and more options in the market. No sense of bashing any one.
    Right now I pretty much can download most android apps. Which I did in first few weeks. All I got left on my phone is two android apps which I barely use anymore.
    Bb10 store has pretty much most of the things that I use.
    I have to have a day where I ran out of battery.
    And I am heavy user. From 50 emails or more a day to gym music. Plus this thread. It is almost mid night and phone is going on since 8:30 this morning.
    Watching basketball. Rockets leading by 9.

Attachment 265826
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-14 12:00 AM
    once again im not trying to bash...

here is photo from nokia X launch event in Jakarta...BB should make a special launch event with special discount same as their pre order price they will bring large crowd, maybe larger than nokia X crowd and it will be a good promotion for their brand...and attract lot of media and social media attention

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image.jpg

04-26-14 12:03 AM

...This post will self destroy it self like blackberry in 5 minutes.

BlackBerry needs to allow the ability to create self-destructive messages in BBM. That would be huge.
    04-26-14 12:09 AM
    once again im not trying to bash...

here is photo from nokia X launch event in Jakarta...BB should make a special launch event with special discount same as their pre order price they will bring large crowd, maybe larger than nokia X crowd and it will be a good promotion for their brand...and attract lot of media and social media attention

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1260 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	265824

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1262 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	265825
    May be they will and may be they won't. Will have to see. I have seen blackberry these line up tricks at the original launches in UK etc. But actual sales numbers were not good. So not sure what works what not.

04-26-14 12:13 AM
    Good time to trade in your Nexus 5(?)

Besides, when 10.3.x comes out and unravels the ability to run full Android services, what would be the advantage to having an Android-only device, when you can have the best of both worlds with BB10?

Side thought: Hope the hotdogs and rum are of quality.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-14 12:14 AM
    Great game tonight. Rocket Rookie hit the game winning shot in overtime. Because coach trusted him.

bungaboy likes this.
    04-26-14 12:42 AM

Besides, when 10.3.x comes out and unravels the ability to run full Android services, what would be the advantage to having an Android-only device, when you can have the best of both worlds with BB10?

How do you know Google Play Services is coming with 10.3?

Posted via CB10
    04-26-14 03:33 AM

I'm cheap - I top out at @ �200 (I'd rather spend the money on watches), so any BB has to be the same or better for the same price - that's still double that. As for "run full android services" - that's never been confirmed and is certainly not on the road map and is frankly a fantasy.
    04-26-14 04:02 AM
    It's pretty ironic how people defend the web browser nowadays when you know about the history of computing. Alan Kay, the inventor of one of the first object oriented programming languages Smalltalk, talked about how he was utterly appalled at the invention of the web browser. Kay was a strong believer of the "internet of things" and was displeased how internet access was largely limited to a single program/portal. Indeed, apps are a closer realization of the object oriented paradigm than the web browser and it took all the way to the mobile revolution to fully realize the object oriented vision. (The object oriented paradigm is the prevalent programming language model of our time. Java, C#, etc. are all OOP languages.)
    Yes indeed...and here are a couple other Kay quotes:

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.
    Alan Kay

People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware.
    Alan Kay

There is the desire of a consumer society to have no learning curves. This tends to result in very dumbed-down products that are easy to get started on, but are generally worthless and/or debilitating.

Alan Kay

Colourful guy.

ZayDub, zyben, sidhuk and 4 others like this.
    04-26-14 04:07 AM
    . if it happen maybe then i will upgrade my BB legacy to BB10..
    So you haven't tried BB10 at all just yet? If that's the case, then your credibility to position yourself on the value of bb10 is based on what, what others are saying? Do yourself a favor and try it for yourself if you haven't. If you have, then I don't understand how you would say that you would only move back to BB10 if it had complete Google play integration, when BBOS has nothing at all in terms of android support...

Sent using my ? Z30
    04-26-14 06:29 AM
    here is the specs for BlackBerry Z3 from indonesian retail store....same as the rumored specs

BlackBerry Z3

Last edited by garnok; 04-26-14 at 08:54 AM.
    app_Developer and Akuji_ism like this.
    04-26-14 08:27 AM
    So you haven't tried BB10 at all just yet? If that's the case, then your credibility to position yourself on the value of bb10 is based on what, what others are saying? Do yourself a favor and try it for yourself if you haven't. If you have, then I don't understand how you would say that you would only move back to BB10 if it had complete Google play integration, when BBOS has nothing at all in terms of android support...

Sent using my ? Z30
    read my post above.....number #64528. i've already tried it...my nephew Q10.

it is about the money....i use 2 phones . choices is spend my money upgrade my android phone (mid end to high end) or upgrade my BB7 to BB10...

i prefer to upgrade my android phone...but Z3 pre order prices are very cheap..if BB have better integration with android apps/popular apps it will be 50-50, now it is 60-40...there still time for me to make a decision...
    Last edited by garnok; 04-26-14 at 08:54 AM.
    04-26-14 08:30 AM
    read my post above.....number #64528. i've already tried it...my nephew Q10.

it is about the money....i use 2 phones . choices is spend my money upgrade my android phone (mid end to high end) or upgrade my BB7 to BB10...

i prefer to upgrade my android phone...but Z3 pre order prices are very cheap..if BB have better integration with android apps/popular apps it will be 50-50, now it is 60-40...there still time for me to make a decision...
    Since we are on this,
    What are the popular android apps you are talking about which can not be played on bb10? And are you talking about apps not available/working on q10 or z10/z30 etc.?
    How long ago you helped your nephew setup q10? What OS version phone had?
    What is the android phone make and model that you are using?
    (Not trying to sell you anything). Trying to understand why do you see half a glass empty and still make your self carry 3 devices? Why do you use blackberry as your communication device?
    I know it is your money and so forth and so on but since you are here on this "i support blackberry" thread to show your displeasure about blackberry, i would like to enlighten my self as to what i may be missing and not seeing.
    Thanks.
    morganplus8, rim4ever and bungaboy like this.
    04-26-14 09:32 AM
    Since we are on this,
    What are the popular android apps you are talking about which can not be played on bb10? And are you talking about apps not available/working on q10 or z10/z30 etc.?
    How long ago you helped your nephew setup q10? What OS version phone had?
    What is the android phone make and model that you are using?
    (Not trying to sell you anything). Trying to understand why do you see half a glass empty and still make your self carry 3 devices? Why do you use blackberry as your communication device?
    I know it is your money and so forth and so on but since you are here on this "i support blackberry" thread to show your displeasure about blackberry, i would like to enlighten my self as to what i may be missing and not seeing.
    Thanks.
    popular apps like instagram, path, google maps, youtube, gmail..and some local apps like my broker apps ..hate to sideload, find which apk will work...snap maybe help but there are some uncertainty if the apps can be update or not.

i help my nephew when Q10 launch in indonesia..i know there are improvement on the OS, but apps support still turn me off. LG optimus L9 user, plan to upgrade to galaxy note 3, using 3 devices because i dont think there are perfect devices and using multiple devices help me better..

.hate iPhone love iPad because apps quality in ipad are much better than android tablet, using android phone as a ipad backup, music player, track running, pocket camera, personal phone, trading stock, travel assistant (google maps) while BB legacy (3 year old curve curve) mainly for BBM, texting and work related phone...

i assume this thread we share, opinion and information about BB stock,business, competition, market sentiment and expectation, if this is only "support BB, no negative allowed" than it is ok
    i will back off from this thread....but if you want to make a serious discussion about investing people have to know different point of view...not just filtered information in here..
    04-26-14 10:22 AM
113,256 ... 25792580258125822583 ...