View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well said M8. I think I remember something about a cloud solution for enterprise clients of the small to tiny variety too... that with BBM for desktop should help with the ARPU as well.
    Have a great weekend everyone.
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 04-25-14 at 09:43 AM.
    Corbu, bungaboy, zyben and 5 others like this.
    04-25-14 09:25 AM
    It been a while since I posted anything. hope you like it.

How Blackberry Can Deliver A Double - Forbes

Blackberry (NASDAQ:BBRY) is in a promising position today according to Marketocracy Master Mike Koza, a fundamental value investor. With a new CEO installed this past November, a two-year time window for turning around the company, and a vision for how to augment their smartphone market share losses with software and services revenue, Blackberry has the potential to double over the next 18-24 months.

GLTA
    04-25-14 09:27 AM
    Has anyone heard a word about full BBMx lately ? I mean video and/or screen share ?

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    04-25-14 10:46 AM
    Has anyone heard a word about full BBMx lately ? I mean video and/or screen share ?

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    No Havnt and i dont think it is coming at all. ebbm may see it. this company is so dumb that they are so known for delayed products and they are right on their track.
    since you are in London, what do you think of this news?
    Virgin Media sees growing Blackberry use on London tubes as WiFi rollout continues- The Inquirer
    or is this just pump and dump thing going on?
    04-25-14 11:47 AM
    London experts are late. Come on. Any minute now.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Well the only point I would make (because I don't know a lot about virgin media) is that as far as I am aware they have never sold Bb10 devices so this 5% is likely made up of curves (which they do or at least did sell) - so I guess it add to the evidence that BBOS is still popular.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    04-25-14 11:52 AM
    Is A Short Squeeze Ahead for BlackBerry (BBRY)?

April 24, 2014

by Zacks Equity Research....

Don't say the 'S' word! (Jinks-no-Jinks)!

I do, however, really feel a SP pop poised; too long with no real news. If we utiliser history, we should be ready to go.

I was just thinking; even though it is clear that Chen is catering to the business class, I feel that if he can somehow cut a market niche by combining a leading edge device aimed directly at the business class, that it may (round-about) create a wanna-be BlackBerry trend for 'Yoots' (Young folks), because BlackBerry devices are not common anymore.

Anyway, here is a link to something that I hope BlackBerry is looking at:

Hitachi Invents Waterproof Glass ?Disk? That Can Store Data Forever

http://inhabitat.com/hitachi-invents...-data-forever/

This is a minor example of what we need to see emerging with our next devices. BlackBerry really needs to focus on super-high end IMO. It would create a 'gotta have one to be different' trend.

Random thoughts....
    rarsen, Corbu, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    04-25-14 12:06 PM
    OK, gonna sell my z30. This company is dead. Gonna buy red nexus 5.
    Not sure what would happen if blackberry buys Google? I bet you this never been discussed (according to "inside" sources).
    If that is true? Then Chen will be google's ceo. If that is true then JC will amalgamate Google in to blackberry and if that is true then Google will be called BlackBerry. If that is true then blackberry would have the majority share of the market.
    The blackberry would be called GooBlackberry.
    This post will self destroy it self like blackberry in 5 minutes.

04-25-14 12:08 PM
    I wouldn't buy the red nexus 5 because it literally glows and it is frankly a bit distracting - the 64gb oneplusone is a better deal.*

* yes I know.

Anyhow it is Friday and I am off to eat giant hotdogs and drink rum, so have a nice weekend.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    abouthsu likes this.
    04-25-14 12:11 PM
    Gregg, third time's a charm.

Please tell me you're in at $7.18?

Posted via CB10
    04-25-14 12:37 PM
    It been a while since I posted anything. hope you like it.

How Blackberry Can Deliver A Double - Forbes
    This is my favorite part of the article. Basically he wants to know what makes us tick. Maybe CB Kevin should reach out to him for an interview!

"Mike Koza: I am very interested in the rationale for continued use underlying the remaining Blackberry user base. We?ve seen market share loss over time in competition with other smartphones, but there is a pervasive loyalty found in remaining Blackberry users that I find thought provoking. I wonder what drives it and what aspects of the products?particularly the new line?these individuals find so compelling. I?d like to know what their brand loyalty is attributed to. Identifying an answer to this question might shed some light on how much more valuable the BBM network could become."

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    Last edited by 3_M4N; 04-25-14 at 01:53 PM.
    04-25-14 12:48 PM
    OT files from the Related Technologies and Security sector:

http://m.cio.com/article/751485/How_...rry_2014-04-25

Apple slammed for buggy iOS 7.1 release that left users vulnerable to major hacks for weeks

And graffiti close to a phone booth somewhere in the UK:
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-graffiti-signe-bansky-orne-mur.jpg

Enjoy the weekend.
    Last edited by rarsen; 04-25-14 at 01:33 PM.
    04-25-14 01:23 PM
    That Graffiti is a banksy so worth tens of, if not hundreds of, thousands.
    rarsen likes this.
    04-25-14 01:43 PM
    Settlement Date Short Interest Avg Daily Share Volume Days To Cover
    4/15/2014 102,472,527 14,416,467 7.108019
    3/31/2014 99,334,950 24,675,833 4.025597

Read more: BlackBerry Limited (BBRY) Short Interest - NASDAQ.com
    04-25-14 03:34 PM
    Why the new BlackBerry Classic phone has a chance to succeed - Cantech Letter

In a recent interview with USA Today�s Maria Bartiromo, BlackBerry CEO John Chen spoke optimistically about a new product the company will release in November, called the BlackBerry Classic.

�It�s an updated and enhanced version of one of our most popular and successful products called the Bold, he said. �It will include a keyboard and a good touch-screen, very fast Internet, Web-browsing capability and multimedia capability. But also it will be very productive and very secure. So, all the familiar things that people love, with some new technology updated.�

The new device is rumoured to have some of the things loyal users loved and lost with the new phones, including an optical trackpad and function keys.

Is it just me or does this sound like a good, perhaps more precisely obvious idea?

The BlackBerry Classic sounds not only like the device its fans wanted last year when the BlackBerry 10 operating system was introduced with the Z10 and Q10, but really should be the only BlackBerry the company makes and markets. Let�s be frank, the days when BlackBerry could be all things to all people are over. The company needs to focus on its strengths and pack every bit of innovation and functionality into one device.

To his credit, Chen has been focusing on the things BlackBerry does best. Security. Enterprise management. Keyboards. The keyboard has always been tops on the list of things loyal BlackBerry users like about the devices, and BlackBerry has several patents around it. Loyal users will tell you others may copy it, but they just don�t feel the same. Even Ryan Seacrest tried to get in on the action, to what it looks like will be little avail.

Does the idea of a single, solitary BlackBerry sound extreme? I don� t think so. There are, just to be clear, more extreme ideas out there. Like the idea that BlackBerry shouldn�t make devices at all anymore. One analyst, Cormark�s Richard Tse recently posited how this could move BlackBerry instantly to 77% gross margins.

And while Chen for a time sounded like he was open to the possibility of that scenario at various times since he assumed the role as BlackBerry boss, he recently backed away from the idea, taking to BlackBerry�s blog to says that the company isn�t leaving the device market �any time soon�.
    As it stands now users can choose from the BlackBerry Q5, Q10, Z10 and the Z30. But BlackBery faithful and the larger market have spoken. There is no shelf space for New BlackBerry, Cherry BlackBerry, Vanilla or Diet BlackBerry. They are merely niche�s of an already niche product. Only BlackBerry Classic, a distillation of everything the company does best, has a real shot at carving out its own place in the hyper-competitive world of mobile phones.
    04-25-14 08:54 PM
    This is the article dealing with the margins that is referred to in the Cantech piece just above.

For for reference than anything else. Not sure it is relevant but I don't recall it having already been posted. It is from December 23, 2013:

Cormark: Here's how BlackBerry can get to 77% gross margins - Cantech Letter

New CEO John Chen is painting a promising outlook for BlackBerry, one in which profitability will return in fiscal 2016. While Cormark analyst Richard Tse says his numbers don’t quite line up the same way, he believes there is reason for optimism by simply scraping the surface of BlackBerry’s most recent quarterly report.

Last Friday, BlackBerry reported its Q3, 2014 numbers. The company lost (U.S.) $4.4-billion on revenue of $1.2 billion, which was down 56% from the same period a year prior.

An interesting aside to the disastrous results was the announcement of a five year partnership between BlackBerry and Foxconn, the world’s largest manufacturer of electronic products and components.

Chen explained the reasons for the move.

“Partnering with Foxconn allows BlackBerry to focus on what we do best — iconic design, world-class security, software development and enterprise mobility management — while simultaneously addressing fast-growing markets leveraging Foxconn’s scale and efficiency that will allow us to compete more effectively,” he said.

Tse’s take on the Foxconn deal is that BlackBerry appears to be “outsourcing” its hardware business to the Taiwanese manufacturing giant. The Cormark analyst says this is a good thing because BlackBerry’s hardware margins have become a serious drag on the company’s overall performance. He estimates that hardware-only margins in the quarter were about -25%, and caused an approximate $150-million drag on gross margins.

If these margins simply moved to zero, notes Tse, the company’s overall gross margins would have been 46%. But here’s the kicker: with no revenue from hardware whatsoever these margins move to a whopping 77%, he says.

The possibility of BlackBerry becoming a pure play enterprise software and services business is, Tse suspects, what has sparked interest in BlackBerry since Friday’s report. And while he is bullish on such a scenario, he cautions that there is a lot of work to do to get to that point. For the time being, Tse continues with status quo; in a research report to clients this morning, he maintained his MARKET PERFORM rating and (U.S. $7.50 target on BlackBerry.
    04-25-14 08:59 PM
    I like this:
    BlackBerry Z3 pre-orders ramping up in Indonesia | CrackBerry.com

For the record:
    Rp 2.200.00 = 189 US$
    Preorder Price of
    Rp 1.6500.000 = 142 US$

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bmhn388caae-7fx.jpg

Thanks to CB user Radewa:
    BlackBerry Z3 besides Z30. :-)
    https://twitter.com/radewa/status/45...722816/photo/1

Extracted from this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post10284994
    Last edited by Corbu; 04-25-14 at 09:28 PM.
    bungaboy, sidhuk, zyben and 6 others like this.
    04-25-14 09:02 PM
    I like this:
    BlackBerry Z3 pre-orders ramping up in Indonesia | CrackBerry.com

For the record:
    Rp 2.200.00 = 189 US$
    Preorder Price of
    Rp 1.6500.000 = 142 US$

nice price for indonesian market...cheaper than the speculation..(pre order price) now we just need to see the specs sheet..

if BB instead of pre orders, make a special event launch it will attract lot of people and can use it as boosf for their brand...Nokia X gain massive boost, because thousand are queue to get special discount in their launch event
    04-25-14 09:26 PM
    Oh. Bad price.
    Nokia is cheaper than z3.
    waiting for the specks so that I can bash it.
    They are giving away phones.
    They will go bankrupt soon
    Blackberry is dead.
    Did I leave anything Gang?

Corbu, zyben, morganplus8 and 5 others like this.
    04-25-14 09:32 PM
    World's fastest browser...that's a decent spec...I think.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    sidhuk, Corbu, zyben and 5 others like this.
    04-25-14 09:38 PM

Lol. Thought about it too. Just too good of a speck to bash. So didn't include that. It wouldn't fly. Sorry.

04-25-14 09:41 PM

in the US people spent more time in apps than mobile web according to nielsen....i think it is happen the samething in many countries

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image.jpg
    An Era of Growth: The Cross-Platform Report
    04-25-14 09:46 PM
    in the US people spent more time in apps than mobile web according to nielsen....i think it is happen the samething in many countries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1645 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	265779
    Perfect..what did you expect would be the data from a country with 44% iOS and 45 % Android? Browser is better, apps make one think otherwise...limited functionality for speed.

sidhuk, Corbu, zyben and 2 others like this.
    04-25-14 09:52 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	1645 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	265779
    Not true when you have z30. Browser is so fast and has best reader. I would even skip my desktop.
    It is only true when you have iPhone or Android.
    Z30 is the best phone in the world. Don't believe me? I am willing to meet you half way any where in the world to prove it. We will invite c rack berry with cameras too.
    Best keyboard. Best battery life. Best reception and sound quality.

04-25-14 09:53 PM
    That is true...best reader too.

04-25-14 09:59 PM
    Perfect..what did you expect would be the data from a country with 44% iOS and 45 % Android? Browser is better, apps make one thinks otherwise.

it is your opinion if browser is better...but it is a very informative data that people attach to apps more and more...

it is not just in the US where more than 90% people using android and ios...in most developed countries and some emerging market it also the same way...

Not true when you have z30. Browser is so fast and has best reader. I would even skip my desktop.
    It is only true when you have iPhone or Android.
    Z30 is the best phone in the world. Don't believe me? I am willing to meet you half way any where in the world to prove it. We will invite c rack berry with cameras too.
    Best keyboard. Best battery life. Best reception and sound quality.

than BB should promote their fastest browser, keyboard, battery life, reception...very very hard. then see which one people prefer more....until then it just talk...
    04-25-14 10:07 PM
113,256 ... 25782579258025812582 ...