View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    like to buy shares.. but don't know how do I approach.. i don't care of BlackBerry shares drop I have faith in them..
    Hi Vikneswaran,
    I am sure someone from this thread who is more knowledgeable than I am will be around soon to help you out. Buying shares is quite straightforward. I suspect the first thing that must be ascertained is where you are located.
    Good luck!
    04-22-14 11:07 PM
    Unless it turns out to be a fantasy - the OnePlusOne has just accelerated the race to the bottom, $349 ($299 for 16gb version) gets you:

* 5.5-inch 1080p Full HD display with LTPS and TOL (Touch on Lens) technology protected by Corning�s Gorilla Glass 3
    * 2.5GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor
    * Adreno 330 GPU, 3GB of LP-DDR3 RAM,
    * 4G LTE support for many bands,
    * 64GB storage
    * no microSD support
    * 13-megapixel 6-lens Sony Exmor camera with f/2.0 aperture
    * dual LED flash and 4K video capture support
    * 5-megapixel front-facing camera with 80-degree capture angle
    * dual-band 802.11 b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Bluetooth 4.1, NFC, GPS, GLONASS
    * embedded 3100mAh battery

The phone measures 152.9 x 75.9 x 8.9mm and weights 162g.

If I was an OEM making just phones, I'd be wondering how I'm going to add value in the future because it ain't going to be on hardware.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-23-14 03:51 AM
    like to buy shares.. but don't know how do I approach.. i don't care of BlackBerry shares drop I have faith in them..

Posted via CB10
    Would you be interested in coming over to play poker?
    04-23-14 05:57 AM
    Goldman sachs reiterates $8.80 price target and neutral rating
    04-23-14 07:06 AM
    Oh oh.
    Not good. Another garbage, wishful thinking article about this dead company.
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2156...ot-telling-you

Edit: aside from Joking. Gang, this very informative in depth article. It is gonna burn some holes in doom/gloom team. Expect to see some BS negative counter articles soon.
    Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    jxnb, rarsen, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    04-23-14 07:11 AM
    BlackBerry Demystified: Everything Wall Street Is Not Telling You

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) news: BlackBerry Demystified: Everything Wall Street Is Not Telling You - Seeking Alpha

Summary
    •BlackBerry bashing grabs attention and creates fear by providing asymmetrical information. It is time we know the truth and put yellow journalism to rest.
    •BlackBerry's crown jewel is QNX: a software deeply embedded in many systems and used by many leading companies. Boeing, Apple and Ford are on the customer list.
    •A debenture and bond are not the same thing. A banker's opinion on BlackBerry has no real value as his or her background and knowledge about investments is limited.
    •Chen moves fast. In 5 months, he cuts costs and stems losses. His game plan (multi-threaded ) for BlackBerry may be similar to the one used to turnaround Sybase.
    morganplus8, jxnb, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    04-23-14 07:12 AM
    I like the parts where he is explaining the Fairfax financing details in depth.
    But he is praising JC. That's too much. Lol.

jxnb, rarsen and zyben like this.
    04-23-14 07:23 AM
    Since this developer has done very important things for bb10.
    Here is his twitter account
    https://mobile.twitter.com/NemOry

bungaboy, zyben and CDM76 like this.
    04-23-14 07:55 AM
    On the Goldman Sachs rating:

Goldman Sachs maintained a Neutral rating on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) with a price target of $8.80. Comments follow meeting with CEO John Chen on Tuesday.

Analyst Simona Jankowski said, "There were several incremental takeaways from our meeting. (1) Mr. Chen reaffirmed that the company can achieve its target of cash flow breakeven exiting FY15 (Y/E Feb). To reach positive operating cashflow in FY16 (Feb), Mr. Chen believes the company would need to have about $500mn in quarterly opex, at least 40% gross margins and about 10mn annual smartphone units. (2) As a top priority, BlackBerry seeks to re-establish profitability in its hardware (smartphone) segment, using a multi-pronged approach involving bill-of-materials reductions, inventory management, and focus on warranty, channel fees, distribution costs, logistics, repairs and IP costs."

"BlackBerry plans to migrate a majority of its volumes to Foxconn, including the Classic, which is a variable cost model that should result in positive gross margins. Longer term, BlackBerry may also use its patent portfolio to generate cash and offset some of its outbound licensing fees. (3) Regarding Services, Mr. Chen noted that it has already seen some competitive customer MDM displacements due to EZ Pass and the upcoming BES 12 platform. Mr. Chen clarified that enterprise customers represent 60-70% of the company’s subscriber base once BIS customers are included, above the 20% estimate provided on its latest earnings call based on BES customers alone. (4) Both QNX and BBM provide long-term upside optionality for the company," said the analyst.
    Goldman Sachs Comments on BlackBerry (BBRY) After Meetings With CEO
    jxnb, sidhuk, rarsen and 5 others like this.
    04-23-14 08:27 AM
    Oh oh.
    Not good. Another garbage, wishful thinking article about this dead company.
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2156...ot-telling-you

I thought you were serious ! I was like: man I thought the article was good... good one!

Sent using my ? Z30
    04-23-14 08:38 AM
    Sounds like Patrick has been reading Michael Porter's 'Redefining Healthcare'

Brilliant.

Posted via CB10
    rarsen, sidhuk, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    04-23-14 08:48 AM
    And now this. Not good.
    http://m.techradar.com/news/internet...c=rss&attr=all
    (love sensationalism head lines that I am creating lol).
    The original link.
    http://collaboristablog.com/2014/04/...r-files-syncs/

Microsoft OneDrive for Business, which until recently used to go by the name of SkyDrive Pro, is making headlines today for all the wrong reasons.

The problem? �Microsoft seems to have forgotten the meaning of ?CIA.?

No, not the Central Intelligence Agency. �I?m talking about ?Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability? ? the three core principles of information security.

If your company is entrusting its most sensitive data to a third-party service, you should expect three things:

Confidentiality ? That your data will be kept private and would not be leaked.
    Integrity ? That your data won?t be altered, and that it can be trusted.
    Availability ? That you will be able to get a hold of your data when you need it.
    You should really expect nothing less for your money, and Microsoft?s own promotions for�OneDrive for Business�underline that it is ?compliant with world-class industry standards? and that you can ?rest assured that your data is protected?.

However, there is an enormous fly in the ointment. �Because one Microsoft OneDrive for Business customer believes he has found that the service falls short when it comes to the ?I? in ?CIA?, i.e. it �fails to deliver integrity.

According to a blog post on the Myce forum by Se�n Byrne, a storage technology researcher, Microsoft OneDrive for Business modifies files as it syncs.

True integrity, of course, would mean that every file served up by the enterprise file-sharing and syncing service should be byte-for-byte identical to the file which was uploaded to it.

Byrne says he stumbled across the problem by accident, when he happened to run an MD5 checksummer against files he had been syncing.

When OneDrive got stuck in an endless loop of trying to sync a few files and the issue returned when I tried clearing its cache as instructed on Microsoft?s discussion forum, I decided to stop syncing the OneDrive folder and backed it up. I then deleted the original synced folder and got OneDrive to start syncing it again, so it would get a fresh copy from the cloud. �In an aim to check if any files got damaged due to the earlier syncing issue, I used a utility called MD5summer to create MD5 hashes for its content and repeated this process for the freshly synced folder. �To my surprise, the vast majority of the files showed ?Checksum did not match?. �Surely most of my files haven?t gone corrupt?

I then started opening various files that failed the MD5 check, but could not find any obvious damage to any file. That was until I noticed several PHP files from a website theme that also failed the MD5 check. �When I compared them side by side in Notepad++, I noticed straight away a few pieces of code injected into the header that clearly could not have been caused by any form of data corruption. �I knew for sure that neither I nor anyone else would have made these changes as the theme files were from a former website CMS package, so I then tried finding out what was modifying these files.

Surprised by his findings, Byrne created some simple PHP and HTML files in a text editor and placed them in a folder for OneDrive for Business to sync. Sure enough, the files were altered upon syncing with extra information injected into them.

Further investigations revealed that other files were altered as well.

As for Word, Excel and Publisher files (?docx?, ?xlsx? and ?pub? file extensions), these grew by about 8KB. �Unlike the web files, these Microsoft Office files had what appears to be uniquely identifiable code added, potentially making it possible to match them to a company and possibly even to a specific user?s account.

Of course, in many situations it may not cause a problem for Microsoft to meddle with the contents of the files that it stores and syncs with users, but that?s not the point. �In some scenarios it might cause a great deal of problems, especially when an organization needs to give assurances that sensitive information has not been tampered with in any way.

If Byrne?s claims are true, Microsoft has scored a massive own goal here and many enterprises will take a dim view of how well it is maintaining the integrity of the data of those who trust their OneDrive for Business service.

It?s important to note that Byrne says that, in his testing, the same file-modification problem was not found with the consumer version of OneDrive (formerly known as SkyDrive). �Once again, consumers get less than businesses ? less messing around with their private files in this particular case!
    Last edited by sidhuk; 04-23-14 at 09:45 AM.
    zyben, rarsen, morganplus8 and 6 others like this.
    04-23-14 09:29 AM
    That's a known problem - skydive pro is crap.
    04-23-14 09:39 AM
    I like the parts where he is explaining the Fairfax financing details in depth.
    But he is praising JC. That's too much. Lol.

He's thought it out, and at least took the time to string together some actual, almost facts, but it's no different than any other SA article, a guy with an opinion who is long a stock slanting and/or omitting certain facts to make his point. At least he admits he wants to be the next Snowden and/or Lewis right in the article.

For example, his analysis of the bond/debenture issue is technically true, but he doesn't mention the dilution that would come with the exercise or that the bonds would still have priority over shareholders. He also reads Prem's involvement in the company wrongly (IMHO) and fails to mention how under water he was before the financing deal or that he backed out of the $9 a share deal after he said he wouldn't.....

My point isn't to bash him or BBRY, only say that SA is a very dangerous place to play. It's an echo chamber of ideas one way or the other and this guy is no more accurate than anyone else who posts there, pro or con. We believe what we want to believe, but that doesn't make it fact.
    bizzarothor and app_Developer like this.
    04-23-14 09:45 AM
    The media and past blackberry management has screwed up blackberry so much that no one trusts any one when it comes to blackberry. I don't.
    All I am doing is taking JC on his face value.
    When it comes to blogs, articles or opinions no matter where, they are all opinions in the end. Some are vultures. Some are hawks. In the end it is mostly about money.

Andy_bb_king, bungaboy and Mr BBRY like this.
    04-23-14 09:53 AM
    The media and past blackberry management has screwed up blackberry so much that no one trusts any one when it comes to blackberry. I don't.
    All I am doing is taking JC on his face value.
    When it comes to blogs, articles or opinions no matter where, they are all opinions in the end. Some are vultures. Some are hawks. In the end it is mostly about money.

Agreed, JC is the best thing for BBRY and tells it like it is. Hopefully his sense of candor and urgency can get it done for BBRY.
    sidhuk, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    04-23-14 10:33 AM
    BlackBerry: Goldman Notes Efforts to Cash-Flow Breakeven, Enterprise, QNX Strategy

Some highlights:

Chen emphasized prospects for QNX running in automobiles:

Chen highlighted that it has won the Audi dashboard, and it expects to see revenues in 2016. Apple is trying to enter the market with CarPlay, though it still connects with QNX; other competitors could include Google. QNX is currently monetized as a software license, but over time BlackBerry could broaden it as a platform by adding its own or third party applications and services such as safety features, tire pressure, infotainment, etc.

The company is trying to expand BBM and looking for ways to monetize it:

BlackBerry is also open to expanding BBM to Windows Desktop. In terms of monetizing the service, the company launched �stickers� on April 1, though that sounded more like a tactical effort than a strategic focus. Also, givens its secure NOC infrastructure, BlackBerry is considering commerce, mobile payments and identity management to generate revenues, though that is �not part of the 2-year recovery� plan but a potential direction further-out.
    BlackBerry: Goldman Notes Efforts to Cash-Flow Breakeven, Enterprise, QNX Strategy - Tech Trader Daily - Barrons.com
    zyben, bungaboy, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    04-23-14 10:58 AM
    Well . . . it seems BB has rocketed from ZERO percent to TWO percent in USA!!!

U.S. Smartphone Market Share Numbers for Q1 2014

Nielsen this week released U.S. smartphone market share numbers, based on OS and manufacturer, for the first quarter of 2014. Among the notable findings, Apple gained OS share but lost ground in device-maker share, while HTC dropped two slots in the manufacturer ranking.

Nielsen's order of companies in the Q1 2014 report changed slightly since early-to-mid 2013. In the OS category, Android still leads the pack with 52 percent of the overall U.S. market, according to Nielsen. Apple's iOS is relatively close behind with 42 percent; Windows Phone has 3 percent of the market; BlackBerry represents 2 percent; and the "Other" category makes up the remaining 1 percent.
    04-23-14 12:10 PM
    Gregg you got in at $7.18 today right?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-14 01:13 PM
    Well . . . it seems BB has rocketed from ZERO percent to TWO percent in USA!!!
    here is the full story :
    Smartphone Milestone: Half of Americans Ages 55+ Own Smartphones

interesting, looks like every survey company have different result with Smartphone marketshare number, for example for last year 4Q result. nielsen and comscore report BB have 3% to 3.5% marketshare, while Kantar and Consumer intellegence research partner report BB have 0% - 0.5% marketshare...every one of them is large survey company

Kantar US smartphone market share (survey based, December 2013)
    Android � 50.6 percent
    iPhone � 43.9 percent
    Windows � 4.3 percent
    BlackBerry � 0.4 percent
    Other � 0.8 percent

Comscore US smartphone market share (survey based, November 2013)
    Android � 51.9 percent
    iPhone � 41.2 percent
    Windows � 3.1 percent
    BlackBerry � 3.5 percent
    Other � 0.2 percent

Nielsen US smartphone market share (survey based, August � October 2013)
    Android � 52 percent
    iPhone � 41 percent
    Windows � 2 percent
    BlackBerry � 3 percent
    Other � 2 percent

Consumer Intelligence Research Partners (new US phone activations 10/13 � 12/13)
    iPhone � 48 percent
    Android � 46 percent
    Windows � 3 percent
    BlackBerry � 0 percent
    Other � 3 percent
    04-23-14 01:24 PM
    here is the full story :
    Oh FFS I read the GD article I posted about!!!! Yours is not "the full story". Mine is about Q1 2014!!

Please go bother somebody who cares about your constant negative droning.

Thanks.
    04-23-14 01:43 PM
    And a bit of related information...

Windows Phone mobile ad share: Barely even measurable | Computerworld Blogs
    The latest numbers from Opera Mediaworks have great news for Android and dismal news for Windows Phone. Android is now the mobile ad leader in terms of market share, with 42.83% of all mobile ads, followed by iOS with 38.17%. But ads are cheaper on Android than on iOS -- iOS is the market leader when it comes to revenue, with 52.27% of total mobile ad revenue, compared to 33.46% for Android.

Where is Windows Phone in all this? At the absolute bottom, trailing not only Android and iOS, but also BlackBerry and Symbian. It's got a barely measurable 0.18% ad market share, with a 0.28% share of total revenue.

That's bad news for Microsoft's latest mobile strategy, in which it is giving away Windows Phone for free to makers of devices under 9 inches, which means free to all phone makers. The idea is that Microsoft will get revenue from services and advertising instead. The company hopes that because giving away Windows Phone for free will lower costs to device makers, more manufacturers will turn to Windows Phone, which will lead to that increased revenue.
    04-23-14 01:49 PM
    Oh FFS I read the GD article I posted about!!!! Yours is not "the full story". Mine is about Q1 2014!!

Thanks.
    For Fox Shooters? Fuzzy Fur Slippers??? Whut u talkin bout Willis?

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    04-23-14 02:34 PM

Thanks.
    Do you
    Remember Mrs. GSSTATCOUNTER? Disguise, spies, ties, lies etc. Etc.

Lol. Watching TV. Dana white just said," all you dummies iPhone users, your battery lasts 5 hours".

04-23-14 02:34 PM
    For Fox Shooters? Fuzzy Fur Slippers??? Whut u talkin bout Willis?

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    I think it's For Fat Steaks
    04-23-14 02:39 PM
113,251 ... 25752576257725782579 ...