View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    It's true what you say, but that argument hasn't put Master Card or Visa to bed or Pay Pal from growing and Blackberry simply does not have the footprint or number of users to have any leverage in this game. Yes they can participate, but they will be dictated to, not be the ones giving the orders in this area. Walmart has a bank, Apple has many more users, Facebook, Twitter, PayPal, all have a much better chance in this area to be a leader than BB .

Blackberry has to offer the functionality, but I don't see anyway they can be serious player in this market.
    Bit late in many countries - by the time they get it out in the UK, money transfers by phone number will be up and running.
    04-17-14 03:44 PM
    OT Alert:

(It's Friday and the business is done)

Robbins Arroyo LLP Is Investigating the Officers and Directors of Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. on Behalf of Shareholders

News Sources - The Globe and Mail
    04-17-14 03:53 PM
    Isn't that one of the standard ambulance chaser notices?
    04-17-14 04:00 PM
    Another black market for Android.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-14 04:20 PM
    I think it may be fair to say that this sideways stock price action is building a nice base for a move up. The price wouldn't budge below $7.15 today and I am hoping it could be a signal that this bottomless stock is nearing the bottom. Would anyone here with better TA skills care to tell me if I'm onto something?

Disclaimer: I am not depending on or expecting a move up. I know this thing will take several quarters to play out and I've been waiting a very long time, and will continue to wait. However, I am eager to see us back into the double digits, where I think it belongs. At least that would reduce the amount of "BlackBerry is Dead" talk. Enjoy the holiday weekend all!
    haha...I have been adding a little bit every each day it stayed below $8. It needs to go up soon as I am running out of cash and won't be able to keep this up much longer...LOL
    Mr BBRY, sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    04-17-14 04:40 PM
    haha...I have been adding a little bit every each day it stayed below $8. It needs to go up soon as I am running out of cash and won't be able to keep this up much longer...LOL
    You better hope it doesn't go to 6 or lower LOL! I got out at 8. I'll be back in eventually though!

Posted via CB10
    04-17-14 04:45 PM
    OT: 10.2.1 text selection

How many people know how to use the 'running shift' (I think it's called) text selection? It is seriously good. I haven't used an Android since the Z10 came out, but for all touch this has to be the best text selection / copy / paste functionality on the market??

Can either do a 'running shift' from a text bubble, or from the bookend markers. Replying to emails and snipping out large blocks of unwanted text is a breeze. Why do so many still complain about text selection? Do you know this functionality is now baked in?
    04-17-14 05:30 PM
    OT: 10.2.1 text selection

How many people know how to use the 'running shift' (I think it's called) text selection? It is seriously good. I haven't used an Android since the Z10 came out, but for all touch this has to be the best text selection / copy / paste functionality on the market??

Can either do a 'running shift' from a text bubble, or from the bookend markers. Replying to emails and snipping out large blocks of unwanted text is a breeze. Why do so many still complain about text selection? Do you know this functionality is now baked in?
    I believe all you have to do is put your hand on a word and hold it there. First it will highlight the entire word, next the entire line and then highlight down the page.

Cheers
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-17-14 06:23 PM
    OT:
    But related to Security and Privacy
    Some food for thought in here, if you ask me.

BBC News - Google under fire from European media tycoon

"And Zuckerberg said: 'I do not understand your question. Those who have nothing to hide, have nothing to fear.'
    Turning his attention to Google founder Larry Page, Mr Dopfner said: "He dreams of a place with no privacy laws and without democratic accountability."
    04-17-14 06:56 PM
    A bit about how BlackBerry "might" monetise their wallet idea:

In Canada Interac is a consortium of many service providers and many financial institutions...nothing happens (of any consequence) in the field without them agreeing to or allowing access to THEIR network. ..no access, no workie.

What's happening now is CIBC, RBC and TD are getting their toes wet with very modest moves (on their own) trying NFC agreement/ partnerships with some cell network owners...I think it's just to test their own systems and implement over site measures before next steps or broader implementation.
    Cell networks are not in the banking business and financial institutions don't own networks...see the problem...specific over site and security protocols must be agreed to and implemented across all networks...data providers and financial houses won't be allowed a wide rollout without them.

Enter BlackBerry...they can provide that safe layer through their proprietary systems...Banks and Governments already trust and use them daily...if they could pull a fraction of a percent from every transaction...that's enough cash to make even GOOG blush.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 04-17-14 at 07:36 PM.
    04-17-14 07:23 PM
    FWIW:

BlackBerry Considering New Tablet by 2015 - N4BB

Reminiscing like it was yesterday, the world was watching Mike Lazaridis on stage at DevCon 2010 holding the newly announced BlackBerry PlayBook tablet in what signaled a new era for the company. Unfortunately, BlackBerry’s only tablet was marred by delays and a lack of an app ecosystem, which doomed it from the get-go and left the company without a competitive product in that market segment.

Although the PlayBook has its limitations, its owners (myself included) still love it, and would definitely welcome an updated version. BlackBerry’s latest pre-Chen regime said a tablet was not in the plans as there was no value in it. New management may have a different attitude towards it.

Two weeks ago in the BlackBerry Experience event at a sit down with John Sims, President of Enterprise at BlackBerry, the question about a tablet arose. The answer was not at the moment but, “we see value in a tablet and I can tell you that John Chen REALLY likes the idea of a tablet.” That comment made me suspicious and I of course started to dig up info and reach out to everyone for more information. What I learned is very surprising.

BlackBerry is in fact considering a tablet. The tablet niche is not currently a priority for BlackBerry, but it’s something the company believes that they can sell to enterprise customers. Also, the company believes that it can be a huge asset to their entrance in the healthcare and other regulated industries. We were told that BlackBerry and NantHealth are jointly working on a smartphone that will be for the medical sector, but also available to consumers. I believe the new tablet device will have the same availability: built for enterprise and regulated industries, but available for the consumer too. BlackBerry also believes that the introduction of an Android storefront (i.e., 1Mobile or Amazon) to BlackBerry 10 can help with the content needed to sell a device like this. The belief is that if the hardware division sees stabilization this next BlackBerry tablet may be slated for Q4 of 2015.

Hardware specification for the rumored tablet is not yet available, but we’ll keep digging for more information. Additionally, let it be clear that while the company is considering plans for another tablet, it may not ever come to fruition. The management team of John Chen has an ear in the market and will respond accordingly.
    Props to N4BB
    04-17-14 09:56 PM
    Be careful.
    "By Ben Zigterman
    Thursday April 17, 2014, 7:15 PM
    Android users have yet another piece of malware to worry about.�PC World points out a technique that is specifically targeting Facebook users who use mobile banking. On computers infected with this trojan, users will see a message when visiting Facebook?s website alerting them that ?due to a rising number of attempts in order to gain unlawful access to the personal information of our users and to prevent corrupted page data to spread Facebook administration introduces new extra safety protection system.?

If users click on the alert, they will then be directed to a page that instructs them to specify their mobile operating system and phone number. After that, they are then given a QR code for downloading an app on their Android device. This app, called an iBanking app, disguises itself as a security app for creating single-use passwords. Once the app is downloaded, it will then ask for administrative access and will then use this access to capture security codes for apps and services that use two-factor authentication
    .http://bgr.com/2014/04/17/android-ma...Genius+Report)

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    04-17-14 10:51 PM
    Again, would like to remind you guys that BBRY is a long term strategy. It's gonna take a while for it to get back to the pre earnings level but what the management team is doing is for the good of the shareholders. Also found a good analysis video:
    04-17-14 10:56 PM
    Actually you don't need a surface area that large to see MRI slices, x-rays are no problem on any decent screen, C/Scans look great on an iPad too but the most challenging images are MRI(s) and they look as good on an iPad as they do on any of my high-end screens.

Here is an imagine of an MRI on a Z10....
    Morgan,

The question remains:

Where did you have the QNX board implanted. It doesn't show on the scan....

Boom! Gotcha Randall.
    04-18-14 12:46 AM
    Oh how I would love a BB10 tablet.

Edit...just watched CK, Adam and J's podcast...they say no way on a tablet...hmmm
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 04-18-14 at 08:24 AM.
    bungaboy and plasmid_boy like this.
    04-18-14 07:27 AM
    You better hope it doesn't go to 6 or lower LOL! I got out at 8. I'll be back in eventually though!

Posted via CB10
    God forbid. That was the range when I started buying and last time it dipped into that range, I doubled down - no money to do that anytime soon, so yes, I hope that it won't go there... LOL
    04-18-14 08:23 AM
    God forbid. That was the range when I started buying and last time it dipped into that range, I doubled down - no money to do that anytime soon, so yes, I hope that it won't go there... LOL
    I hear ya! I was swing trading it, and then going long if need be....was making some good money too! but I can't lie, this last ER wiped out most of my gains for the year when it started dropping, and I was buying more....took my small profit at 8, and am going to start from scratch again LOL

Posted via CB10
    04-18-14 08:38 AM
    Ok guys,
    another busy day, I don't even have the time to catch up with the thread.

Those of you that have REAL interest (Enterprise oriented - backtrack required) for BES in the Cloud can PM me, I may have something for ya .
    Keep this here and don't advertise it, thx.
    04-18-14 10:08 AM
    OT Anyone still holding AMD? They beat estimates for the second straight ER, looks like the turnaround may finally be coming to fruition. I got in last summer at 3.45
    04-18-14 11:58 AM
    Oh how I would love a BB10 tablet.

snip
    Wasn't that what my Playbook was supposed to be?????
    04-18-14 12:55 PM
    Not sure where I read it - but I think it was on another thread here but in the Crackberry podcast they talked about Tablets and the response from BBRY at the New York event was 'absolutely not' - anyone able to find it in the podcast?
    04-18-14 01:09 PM
    Not sure where I read it - but I think it was on another thread here but in the Crackberry podcast they talked about Tablets and the response from BBRY at the New York event was 'absolutely not' - anyone able to find it in the podcast?
    Yup...it's in there.

04-18-14 01:11 PM
    Wasn't that what my Playbook was supposed to be?????
    I still like mine...use it often, mostly for document and PDF storage/viewing.

bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    04-18-14 01:14 PM
    Ok guys,
    another busy day, I don't even have the time to catch up with the thread.

Those of you that have REAL interest (Enterprise oriented - backtrack required) for BES in the Cloud can PM me, I may have something for ya .
    Keep this here and don't advertise it, thx.
    Yep.
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-pre...0-cloud-launch

jxnb, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    04-18-14 02:44 PM
    Lol,
    People starting to call JC. "Uncle John". Is it cause he protects people from "Uncle Sam"?
    Can't stop laughing.

bungaboy likes this.
    04-18-14 03:00 PM
113,256 ... 25722573257425752576 ...