View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    From CIO :

How to Switch From iPhone 5S to BlackBerry Z30 (and Why)

Paul Mah (CIO (US))
    15 April, 2014 22:37

I've used both an iPhone and a BlackBerry for more than five years - and the Z30 impressed me so much that my iPhone 5S lost its appeal. I've stopped using my iPhone and now use the BlackBerry Z30 exclusively.

If you were likewise disappointed with the latest iPhone, worry that Android phones aren't secure or have always remained true to the BlackBerry, here are the nine steps you need to follow to make the switch to a BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

How to Switch From iPhone 5S to BlackBerry Z30 (and Why) - CIO
    04-16-14 07:35 AM
    BlackBerry anticipated this move.
    Samsung is now pushing hard to beat to death its direct competitor (appl) by asphyxia.
    They (BB) are not going to fight against that. They just can't afford it.
    So ...

Forget Sun Tzu, very efficient (the best IMHO) but requires time and patience.
    Jump straight to Machiavel : Divide et impera (divide and reign).
    Don't bite, steer clear. And deliver.
    (cont)

BlackBerry Touts 'BlackBerry Classic' Phone, Cross-Platform Support | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    Don't expect to see inexpensive BlackBerrys popping up on U.S shelves before 2016. While BlackBerry has some room in the consumer space in countries like Indonesia, within the U.S. "the only people we can really interest are the prosumers, at least for the next 2-3 years," Chen said.
    [...]
    BlackBerry Bold loyalists, who he and Sims called out several times during the roundtable, can expect to see more keyboarded phones.
    "From an enterprise perspective, the positioning is very much cross-platform," Sims said. "The relative profitability across those [platforms] is for all intents and purposes relatively the same. In the past, when BES10 was introduced, we would have mumbled that we also support iOS and Android; we don't mumble any more," he said.
    The company's new BES 12 server will also be available as a cloud deployment so businesses in developing countries can deploy it more quickly without dedicated hardware. The server will support Windows Phone devices. And in the future, integration with Microsoft Office 365 is coming, he said.
    "I kind of look at it as our own BlackBerry iCloud," Sims said. "We'll start to offer more services that can be consumed as a service by enterprises."
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-16-14 at 08:38 AM.
    04-16-14 07:44 AM
    Personally, google services or apps are useless to me. Unluckily I made a gmail account some years ago,and I also have a youtube account created a century ago but that's it. And for what e-mail is concerned my BlackBerry works like a charm,while for youtube the browser is fine,or I use fasttube. The only reason why I would like to have the option to use google services is to save my progress in 'clash of clans' :-P But it seems that with future updates BBLink will be able to store/save android apps and savings; so that: google services not coming to BlackBerry? Good news! Sorry for OT..

Posted via CB10
    I updated to the latest leak last week. Link did save restore my android apps.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    04-16-14 08:15 AM
    The Q30 surely cannot be as ugly as the leaks are starting to suggest?

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    04-16-14 08:16 AM
    Canadian Companies Volker Stevin, City of Waterloo and Samuel, Son & Co. Deploy BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10

Volker Stevin, City of Waterloo and Samuel, Son & Co. Deploy BES10
    04-16-14 08:17 AM

Never trust carton samples.
    bungaboy and cgk like this.
    04-16-14 08:30 AM
    04-16-14 08:38 AM

Agree. The leaked Q30 images are very ugly.

Back to topic: When is BBRY going to cross $10 again? Are going to trade sideways or trend downwards until next earning call?
    04-16-14 09:04 AM
    Nokia X being sold in Indonesia with a BBM preoloaded sticker. What Garnok said, BBM seems to be the important brand there vs actual BB devices.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blvacchcyaepgai.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blvacchcyaepgai.jpg  
    04-16-14 09:05 AM
    Regarding MRIS, the hardest part is color calibration as the resolution is not high. Basically 1 mm voxels.

But everything is in gray scale and all shades in the gradient need to be distinct.

I doubt that the iPad solution is not one that I'd want my doctor using. I'd hate to not find a tumor because the gradients were not distinct.

And from my research, I could write a renderer in Java in one weekend.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 09:11 AM
    Anyone else buying down here?
    Just picked up another 1K shares. My kids (10 yo son and 6 yo daughter) picked up another 50 shares each...LOL
    They do their own research and make their own decisions on their accounts
    04-16-14 09:28 AM
    Anyone else buying down here?
    Just picked up another 1K shares. My kids (10 yo son and 6 yo daughter) picked up another 50 shares each...LOL
    They do their own research and make their own decisions on their accounts
    My nieces and nephews have shares as well for birthdays - I tell them that they will thank me one day (maybe)...

04-16-14 09:32 AM
    I updated to the latest leak last week. Link did save restore my android apps.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    That is great news, as this was bothering me as well!

Sent using my ? Z30
    04-16-14 09:33 AM
    For people who use android. Or friends and family. Be careful what you download.
    Android Phishing apps security flaw discovered | BGR http://bgr.com/2014/04/16/android-ph...security-flaw/
    04-16-14 09:47 AM
    Nokia X being sold in Indonesia with a BBM preoloaded sticker. What Garnok said, BBM seems to be the important brand there vs actual BB devices.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlVaccHCYAEPGai.jpg 
Views:	1361 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	263571
    samsung also promote BBM on their ads (not just samsung, iphone, LG, Lenovo also promote their phone with BBM ready logo), just like i said before in indonesia BBM > BB phone.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-image.jpg
    jxnb, cgk, georg4BB and 2 others like this.
    04-16-14 10:02 AM
    OT: POET technologies. Can any do a graph for this as I recall a member here said to keep an eye on them so I bought in at $1.30 and it's approaching 3. Was wondering if I should put the trigger now or see if this will ride up to $5. At that price I make back all that I lost on BB@$16per share

Thanks
    04-16-14 10:11 AM
    OT: POET technologies. Can any do a graph for this as I recall a member here said to keep an eye on them so I bought in at $1.30 and it's approaching 3. Was wondering if I should put the trigger now or see if this will ride up to $5. At that price I make back all that I lost on BB@$16per share

Thanks
    Never be afraid to take a profit. LoL
    04-16-14 10:16 AM

Thanks
    Haha. I think that was me. Lol. With this run, and it is steep, I'd just set up a stop loss to make sure. I'm not sure how sustainable this is. Of course if you get stopped out, look for a reentry point.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    04-16-14 10:35 AM
    04-16-14 10:43 AM
    OT: Some very neat ideas regarding the BlackBerry 10 HUB in here...

https://www.behance.net/gallery/Blac...gined/15793795

From: BlackBerry Hub Reimagined In 10.3 UI Concept - Berryflow

Long live BB10!
    04-16-14 10:52 AM

Here is an imagine of an MRI on a Z10 and on a iPad:

Attachment 263536

Good work Morgan8 photo shopping darthvader.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-darthvader083111.jpg
    04-16-14 11:14 AM
    Canadian Companies Volker Stevin, City of Waterloo and Samuel, Son & Co. Deploy BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10

Volker Stevin, City of Waterloo and Samuel, Son & Co. Deploy BES10
    Thanks. Here's the "juicy" parts.

Volker Stevin, one of the largest heavy civil and highway maintenance contractors in Western Canada, is deploying BES10 and BlackBerry 10 smartphones as the company's sole EMM solution. "We have hundreds of employees on and off the field, and they all require one thing - fast, secure and consistent communication tools," said Mike Philip, Wireless Program Manager, Volker Stevin. "We evaluated other MDM solutions like MobileIron and AirWatch, but BES10 was a clear winner in terms of being more user-friendly and cost-effective. BlackBerry 10 smartphones and BES10 allow us to improve operational efficiency with security capabilities that are second to none."

The City of Waterloo continues its long-standing partnership with BlackBerry in innovating and injecting new ideas and technologies to provide valued services that help build the best quality of life for its citizens. In addition to deploying BES10 and BlackBerry 10 smartphones for its workforce, the City of Waterloo also worked with BlackBerry to develop the Ping Street mobile application on the BlackBerry OS platform. The first-of-its-kind mobile application provides Waterloo citizens real-time access to location-based information including garbage and recycling calendars, construction detours, road closures and more.

The City of Waterloo has also embraced BBM� to stay connected and share secure real-time updates and news with its employees during emergency situations. BBM� Groups used during emergencies sped up response time and drastically improved collaboration and critical communication during emergency incidents. "BlackBerry 10 devices are by far some of the best business smartphones available. While they deliver tangible productivity benefits and iron-clad security standards, our whole crew from planners to bylaw personnel to firefighters can also enjoy all the benefits of a cutting-edge device with all the enterprise apps they need at their fingertips," said Max Min, Director of Information Management and Technology Services, City of Waterloo.

Samuel, Son & Co., Limited, Canada's oldest and largest metals service center and metal manufacturing company, has chosen BES10 and BlackBerry 10 smartphones as their core end-to-end business mobility solution. "We're confident that our investment in BlackBerry 10 is the best mobility solution for our workforce," said Bob Carter, Chief Information Officer, Samuel, Son & Co., Limited. "The powerful combination of BlackBerry 10 smartphones and BES10 offers us an integrated mobile device and server solution that meets our highest security and productivity needs. BlackBerry also offers a best-in-class customer service experience and product training support, which makes deploying BlackBerry 10 a great value proposition overall."
    04-16-14 11:23 AM
    04-16-14 12:10 PM
    Just found this article in Wired that praises BBRY's move to acquire a stake in NantHealth. Wired has been pretty hard on BBRY over the past couple of years. This article is fatalistic, but still grudgingly acknowledges that BBRY's new partnership could be a powerful move. Not sure the author has much idea of all that Chen and BBRY have been doing recently to dramatically remake the company, but if this particular move captures popular attention, we may see a little faster shift in public perception toward the positive.

BlackBerry Just Had Its First Good Idea in Years | Business | WIRED
    04-16-14 12:35 PM
    Just found this article in Wired that praises BBRY's move to acquire a stake in NantHealth. Wired has been pretty hard on BBRY over the past couple of years. This article is fatalistic, but still grudgingly acknowledges that BBRY's new partnership could be a powerful move. Not sure the author has much idea of all that Chen and BBRY have been doing recently to dramatically remake the company, but if this particular move captures popular attention, we may see a little faster shift in public perception toward the positive.

BlackBerry Just Had Its First Good Idea in Years | Business | WIRED
    Hey jxnb. Didn't you get the "Memo"?

The drive by "experts" have been posting here that it's no good, fail, others are better, etc.

Get with the program willya. Show more BB hate and negativity.
    jxnb, sidhuk and zyben like this.
    04-16-14 01:32 PM
113,256 ... 25702571257225732574 ...