View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Long day today...very happy to come here and read all the great research you've all contributed. Thanks much!
    As for my 7.09 strike price...getting closer...but if it doesn't hit I'm happy to buy at 10.55 too.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    04-15-14 06:49 PM
    Hi all:

Here is a quick chart update. Other than not going down more earlier, here is one bullish signal. The MACD histogram, it measures the distance between the orange and blue line of MACD, has been narrower since the last 3 drop. We are at the third drop now. This forms a positive divergence with the SP. Combined with the oversold RSI, and stoch. RSI., this shows a good buying opportunity.

Daily chart:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-04-15-7.38.21-pm.png
    04-15-14 06:49 PM
    Bungaboy, I asked him a question and this was his answer.
    I was referring to mostly all his posts on CB. Not just this particular one.
    sidhuk likes this.
    04-15-14 07:40 PM
    Have you tried to look at any medical images on a smartphone?
    No one will ever use this to diagnose. There are dedicated instruments for that.
    BUT, in a context where the diagnostic has been set and a medical person has to "remind" visually the case, then it's 100% appropriated.
    This is what the story is about.

FTR, I had a shoulder accident that required 3 surgeries within 18 months.
    The professor of medicine (one of the best in Fr) had a 9900 and each time I went into control visits, he browsed my cliches on this tiny screen, just to "remember" a case he knew already and have a fast overview of the evolution.
    And believe me, this was a pretty tough case ... 17 head humerus fractures.

I made a lampshade with my radiography, just to remember : forget skiing.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-epaule1.png

Edit : Finally, if he had a BB10 device, I'm pretty sure he'll use either HDMI or DLNA/Miracast to wiew it HD on a larger screen ...
    bungaboy, rarsen, zyben and 5 others like this.
    04-15-14 07:44 PM
    Every company that wants to get into health care IT paints a picture of healthcare information sharing utopia with all of that info at your doctors fingertips, going to the ER and they actually know something about you, etc. Health care providers know better. We've been hearing this for 20 years or more.
    Blah, blah, blah . . . onto the list for you.
    sidhuk likes this.
    04-15-14 08:02 PM
    Ford's new My Touch with BlackBerry software slated for year end, WSJ says

Ford's (F) overhauled My Ford Touch infotainment system, which will now use BlackBerry (BBRY) software in place of the Microsoft (MSFT) technology that was previously relied on, could be introduced in new vehicles as soon as late this year, said The Wall Street Journal, citing a person familiar with the matter.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fords-...195359214.html
    04-15-14 08:56 PM
    OT ALERT!!

There aren't any positive indicators right now, we did make a new Index low and bounced off that to go positive today, it implies that we might have a bottom in Biotechs. We still need to regain the 200-dma for both the $ IBB and the $NBI, both are closing near those marks this afternoon. The Biotech Sector has been crushed lately and it is time to move onto some other Sector now. As for HALO, it is at it's resistance of the $ 7.43/shr mark or the 3-ema. It needs to close above $ 7.43/shr to start a rally in that stock.
    OT ALERT (Continuation)!

An implied bottom in Biotechs indeed! That was some whipsaw we witnessed today. From the continuing onslaught of losses from previous sessions to a sharp inflection point midday, as we closed the day positive for the Nasdaq and NBI. Incredible, and hopefully the move back up has begun. ACAD followed suit and I was able to average down my position and pick up a large block at $15.90. To watch it close at $18.36 blew me away. I can't help but share that with this group. It was a great feeling and one I hope many of us will get to experience in the near future with BBRY. The feeling of being right!
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140415_214200_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, snejpa, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    04-15-14 08:59 PM
    Pioneer Brings Apple CarPlay to Existing In-Dash Receivers - Mac Rumors

In line with earlier reports, Pioneer today announced it is bringing Apple's CarPlay technology to its existing product line. CarPlay will be added to the company's five 2014 NEX in-dash multimedia receivers via a firmware update that will be made available in early summer 2014.

“Pioneer’s years of expertise integrating smartphone connectivity into the automotive environment has provided us the opportunity to be among the first to offer CarPlay to drivers,” said Ted Cardenas, vice president of marketing for the Car Electronics Division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “By providing an aftermarket option, Pioneer’s 2014 in-dash multimedia systems give many iPhone owners the ability to add CarPlay to their current vehicles.”

Pioneer in-dash multimedia systems compatible with Apple's CarPlay include the $1400 AVIC-8000NEX, the $1200 AVIC-7000NEX, the $900 AVIC-6000NEX, the $750 AVIC-5000NEX and the $700 AVH-4000NEX. These receivers are available from authorized Pioneer dealers such as Best Buy, Crutchfield and Car Toys.

Introduced earlier this year, CarPlay is an iOS-driven system that allows an iPhone to tie into the in-dash display of a car, providing Siri-controlled voice access to features like Maps, phone, messages and music. The technology initially debuted as a factory-installed feature in new 2014 models from Ferrari, Mercedes-Benz and Volvo.

CarPlay can be added to existing systems as the technology works in conjunction with BlackBerry’s QNX Car Platform, which powers many existing in-car infotainment systems. Beside Pioneer, car audio manufacturer Alpine may begin selling its own aftermarket in-dash entertainment systems that will support Apple's CarPlay feature. Alpine's CarPlay receivers are expected to debut this fall in Europe and the U.S. with a base price of $500 to $700.
    sidhuk, zyben, Superfly_FR and 3 others like this.
    04-15-14 09:18 PM
    So I just saw an ad for the GS5 on sprint on contract for $0. And. . . you get a free Galaxy Tab. That is crazy pricing if you ask me.

BlackBerry has to lower its phone prices. The bottom is falling out of the non-iphone market.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 09:24 PM
    And now for something completely different :
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/QYltdon...&enablejsapi=1

04-15-14 09:25 PM
    And now for something completely different :
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/QYltdon...&enablejsapi=1

That looks like so much fun. Bucket list hehe...

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    sidhuk, Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    04-15-14 09:49 PM
    That looks like so much fun. Bucket list hehe...

That could probably be arranged...it's a ship dismantling yard in India.

bungaboy likes this.
    04-15-14 09:53 PM
    I am not sure what to make out of this but BlackBerry App store showing BBM top 3 in free apps. Does this mean that sales of bb10 devices are picking up in this country?
    I also noticed that local kijiji price of z10 is gone up. Most of them around $300. It use to be between $200 to $250.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140415_220249.png

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    04-15-14 10:07 PM
    That could probably be arranged...it's a ship dismantling yard in India.

Along with a chicken vindaloo and a kingfisher. Yummy

Shanerredflag, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    04-15-14 10:11 PM
    Was watching the interview with ceo of Intel yesterday.

He said their biggest growth market is in the internet of things. 30 percent increase on previous quarter.

I think this is going to be the next big thing. And I think blackberry are well positions to take advantage.

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 01:14 AM
    Again, on this BlackBerry/NantHealth new smartphone project.

BlackBerry's Next Move May Be A Phone That Keeps You Healthy

We need a steady dose of news like this over the coming months...
    Ten stars! This is big!!

I have many clients in the Healthcare industry (BTW-All BlackBerry BES10.x), and I can tell you all that from Years of seeing various levels of Healthcare facilities, that demand for this is on a steady rise.

Explains the pop today. Can't wait for next-step news here.
    04-16-14 01:24 AM
    Looks to me like BlackBerry struck a deal with Google for its services on bb10 phones via this mysterious account. Hopefully it allows BlackBerry users to set app access permissions though.

Posted via CB10
    If this ends up being a reality, it would take an army of Android nerds to hold me down from screaming from the rooftops.

Honestly, I dig a few Android phones out there, but why the Sam hell would anyone opt for an Android-only phone if BlackBerry could do this???
    Added bonus would be that BlackBerry PR could finally 'officially' release the news that BlackBerry can fully support Android Apps.
    04-16-14 01:32 AM
    Debunked (in the comments from the dev blog where this was announced):

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-16-14 02:59 AM
    Debunked (in the comments from the dev blog where this was announced):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	1397 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	263501
    So does it mean no google integration for those interested? Doesn't sound a surprise to me..

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 03:03 AM
    That's what it means - I thought it was odd to start with as there is no such thing as an 'Android Account' (It is always a 'Google Play account' in Google's documentation) - this is simply to allow better integration with the account management on BB10 devices - nothing at all to do with google services (which was always and remains a fantasy).
    Superfly_FR and smart548 like this.
    04-16-14 03:18 AM
    So I just saw an ad for the GS5 on sprint on contract for $0. And. . . you get a free Galaxy Tab. That is crazy pricing if you ask me.
    BlackBerry has to lower its phone prices. The bottom is falling out of the non-iphone market.
    Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry anticipated this move.
    Samsung is now pushing hard to beat to death its direct competitor (appl) by asphyxia.
    They (BB) are not going to fight against that. They just can't afford it.
    So ...

Forget Sun Tzu, very efficient (the best IMHO) but requires time and patience.
    Jump straight to Machiavel : Divide et impera (divide and reign).
    Don't bite, steer clear. And deliver.
    04-16-14 04:06 AM
    That's what it means - I thought it was odd to start with as there is no such thing as an 'Android Account' (It is always a 'Google Play account' in Google's documentation) - this is simply to allow better integration with the account management on BB10 devices - nothing at all to do with google services (which was always and remains a fantasy).
    I smell something "store related". What store ... is still a mystery (yet you can strike Google Play)
    04-16-14 04:21 AM
    Personally, google services or apps are useless to me. Unluckily I made a gmail account some years ago,and I also have a youtube account created a century ago but that's it. And for what e-mail is concerned my BlackBerry works like a charm,while for youtube the browser is fine,or I use fasttube. The only reason why I would like to have the option to use google services is to save my progress in 'clash of clans' :-P But it seems that with future updates BBLink will be able to store/save android apps and savings; so that: google services not coming to BlackBerry? Good news! Sorry for OT..

Posted via CB10
    04-16-14 04:30 AM
    For viewing 3D images and CT scans, you need at least an 11 inch tablet. Trying to do this on even a six inch phone is worse than useless, it's dangerous. This is a non starter.
    Actually you don't need a surface area that large to see MRI slices, x-rays are no problem on any decent screen, C/Scans look great on an iPad too but the most challenging images are MRI(s) and they look as good on an iPad as they do on any of my high-end screens.

Here is an imagine of an MRI on a Z10 and on a iPad:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_00001545.jpg

You need to understand the components of an MRI to appreciate why they work so well on smaller surfaces. Unlike an X-ray which typically needs to be larger than a tablet and requires a high-end resolution to see the difference in shadows, the C/Scan and MRI aren't that detailed to begin with. The software for an MRI plus 35 minutes of data is about 250 MB which fits onto any device, the screen size of a slice of data on the MRI using a 42 inch HD screen, is in fact, the actual size of your head. And so an iPad isn't that far off from the actual size of your head and the retina display is totally good enough to create the best possible experience. Now on the Z10, I can zoom into the imagine and create a size that is comparable to the iPad but it wouldn't make sense, as Plasmid_boy pointed out, to research MRI imagines on a phone. It does make sense to do this on a 10 inch tablet though. As far as a database (saved slices) of imagines on a Z30 level phone, no problem. I just wouldn't want to look at layers on a screen that small as an exercise in exploration/discovery. I haven't looked at an MRI on a Z30 so I should rule that out, I personally think it will look great as a reference document which depicts the issue at hand.

The software could be on the Cloud, or the universal data for that matter, it is up to BlackBerry to provide a secure way to access that data. The Blackberry phone is an excellent tool for all things that are "picture like" as in otoscopes and X-rays, they are perfect imagines of what's going on and we use them every day. When you think of the resolution of an X-ray or otoscope imagine, the handsets are far superior in quality reproduction to anything that is produced by medical equipment today. The iPad is a great tool for running side-by-side time-lapse imagines to demonstrate minute changes in the imaginary. You just don't need that much screen real estate to see imagines well today.
    cjcampbell, jxnb, Mr BBRY and 7 others like this.
    04-16-14 07:19 AM
    I see the WSJ is pushing the qnx ford story again

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    04-16-14 07:28 AM
113,250 ... 25692570257125722573 ...