View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I "talked" way more than that into buying Blackberry but no more. Why would I do that to a friend?
    Because maybe it's the best choice for your friend?

I have some friends using iPhones, they are happy living inside the apple cosmos and don't look left or right. That's OK.
    Then there are a lot of Android folks I know. It's all about the specs/cost reation and the huge amount of free apps. They want everything for free. I even know an Android app developer who is proud, that he never spent money for an app.
    So there was never a way for me to talk them into BB. Only one person had privacy concerns and was looking for alternatives to Android. She didn't want an iPhone, because "I'm not a teenager or hipster" LOL. I talked her into buying a Z30 three months ago and she still is very proud an happy with this device. (She is the kind of person who do not care what other say or what will happen with BB in two years).

I would talk a friend into buying a Z30 - when it goes well together.
    04-14-14 07:45 AM
    Because maybe it's the best choice for your friend?

I have some friends using iPhones, they are happy living inside the apple cosmos and don't look left or right. That's OK.
    Then there are a lot of Android folks I know. It's all about the specs/cost reation and the huge amount of free apps. They want everything for free. I even know an Android app developer who is proud, that he never spent money for an app.
    So there was never a way for me to talk them into BB. Only one person had privacy concerns and was looking for alternatives to Android. She didn't want an iPhone, because "I'm not a teenager or hipster" LOL. I talked her into buying a Z30 three months ago and she still is very proud an happy with this device. (She is the kind of person who do not care what other say or what will happen with BB in two years).

I would talk a friend into buying a Z30 - when it goes well together.
    There us nothing wrong with the Z30. I hope she enjoys.

I met with a bunch of contractors that I have been dealing with for years and years, we were all on Blackberry via Nextel and lived on the Direct Connect feature. Of the 8-10 contractors I asked, none still use Blackberry, in fact three of them told me that Blackberry has gone out of business.

Today, I will get back "in" as I am betting the BBRY has only to go up after last week!
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 04-14-14 at 08:07 AM. Reason: because
    04-14-14 08:01 AM
    Not getting back in. As BBRY has not turned the corner in my opinion
    04-14-14 10:37 AM
    Do me a favor and read your last 2 paragraphs.. what exactly do your base your new opinion on? And why did you think differently just 2 hours ago?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 10:46 AM
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-what.jpg

Do I need to say more?
    chr1sny and georg4BB like this.
    04-14-14 10:53 AM
    Not getting back in. As BBRY has not turned the corner in my opinion
    SP will float or slide until the Z3 launches.

Expect the pop to begin around early May.
    04-14-14 10:55 AM
    SP will float or slide until the Z3 launches.

Expect the pop to begin around early May.
    Lets all hope so. May is just around the corner.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 04-14-14 at 11:55 AM.
    04-14-14 10:57 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	What.jpg 
Views:	1736 
Size:	278.9 KB 
ID:	263055

Do I need to say more?
    Glad to see "I support bbry and I buy stickers"

Posted via CB10
    _dimi_, georg4BB, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    04-14-14 11:08 AM
    Glad to see "I support bbry and I buy stickers"

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for this.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-indo.png

Edit: different stickers for different countries. but every one can buy em as long as some one send them to a user based in a non native county app store.
    Last edited by sidhuk; 04-14-14 at 11:33 AM.
    dusdal and _dimi_ like this.
    04-14-14 11:13 AM
    It's nice to see a sea of green today after the malaise of the last few weeks.
    04-14-14 12:21 PM
    It's nice to see a sea of green today after the malaise of the last few weeks.
    No doubt, last week was not pretty but I am well ahead in my portfolio today.
    04-14-14 12:28 PM
    Money, Money, Money ... can't wait for BBM Money.

This may speed it up a *little* ?
    Facebook targets financial services - FT.com
    Not content with being just a platform to host cat photos and status updates, Facebook is readying itself to provide financial services in the form of remittances and electronic money.
    The social network is only weeks away from obtaining regulatory approval in Ireland for a service that would allow its users to store money on Facebook and use it to pay and exchange money with others, according to several people involved in the process.
    04-14-14 01:14 PM
    I am such an ignorant,but why it keeps declining so fast?!? :-( In 3 months from 6 to 10 and in 3-4 weeks from 10 to 7

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 01:28 PM
    Can some take us out already this is getting sad
    04-14-14 02:19 PM
    I am such an ignorant,but why it keeps declining so fast?!? :-( In 3 months from 6 to 10 and in 3-4 weeks from 10 to 7

Posted via CB10
    I have a theory on this and it's nothing to do with BBRY itself - I think there is a phenomenon where organisations in decline, every subsequent CEO is given less time than the last to turn things around regardless of what they are doing - so chen moves quicker than ever from "hero" to "get this bum of here" - you can even see it here with people turning on him much quicker than they did Heins.
    04-14-14 02:22 PM
    BBRY and HALO both at $7.07. Never thought I'd see this. I was thinking more like $17.07 each by now. This is some ride. Hang tight gang.
    04-14-14 02:30 PM
    I have a theory on this and it's nothing to do with BBRY itself - I think there is a phenomenon where organisations in decline, every subsequent CEO is given less time than the last to turn things around regardless of what they are doing - so chen moves quicker than ever from "hero" to "get this bum of here" - you can even see it here with people turning on him much quicker than they did Heins.
    You're right. He insurance did some good work and is vilified. Chen is doing a good job, in a very difficult situation and people seem to be turning on him faster.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    04-14-14 02:43 PM
    Money, Money, Money ... can't wait for BBM Money.

This may speed it up a *little* ?
    Facebook targets financial services - FT.com
    I'm not sure this is good news. Are people going to bother with BBM Money when they have Facebook money ? BlackBerry are likely to be late to this one as well, unless BBM Money is about to burst into the scene by surprise ? I haven't even heard them talking about it recently. Still, I guess there is some hope that it will work out...somehow...?

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    04-14-14 02:46 PM
    I'm not sure this is good news. Are people going to bother with BBM Money when they have Facebook money ? BlackBerry are likely to be late to this one as well, unless BBM Money is about to burst into the scene by surprise ? I haven't even heard them talking about it recently. Still, I guess there is some hope that it will work out...somehow...?

Yes but even if Facebook is first, it still does not make it any secure... so one would hope that BBRY can leverage it's reputation about security, or at least the fact that other platforms are not as secure as BBRY is....

Sent using my ? Z30
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    04-14-14 03:43 PM
    The average person doesn't consider security when choosing apps.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-14-14 04:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    It might be different when it's not just your information on the line... when it's real money, they might have a second thought. I'd never load up money to anything that Facebook puts together. Any company that makes it's money profiling me and my habits, can do so, but I draw the line at tracking my purchasing habits as well. That's between my and my bank
    04-14-14 04:23 PM
    04-14-14 04:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    I agree. Most people just don't give a damn about BlackBerry or its security. PayPal has existed for ages now, and people will assume that anything Facebook creates will work just as well.

The reason I do hope that BBM Money shows up is that it doesn't really matter if there are other IM money transfer mediums so long as BlackBerry's is good and people use it.

04-14-14 04:36 PM
    Heins had a focus, to deliver bb10 products. He had to rebuild the engineering group to do this. In the end too little, too late of course and let down by woeful marketing.
    Chen claims focus (enterprise) but shows no sign of delivering any real clarity, direction and most importantly, compelling products. The classic case of style over substance.
    Time is running out as the cash burn continues, so his honeymoon period will be brief.
    techvisor likes this.
    04-14-14 04:41 PM
    Us longs . . . . just got longer. LoL
    Corbu, rim4ever, Mr BBRY and 5 others like this.
    04-14-14 04:51 PM
113,250 ... 25652566256725682569 ...