View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    i think either JC sugarcoat the number or he still not receiving the actual number...

i lived in indonesia...it is very obvious samsung already become the market leader..while BB sales numbers are keep dropping (but their userbase are still huge)
    Again. Market share (you refer to it as userbase) is the total number of devices in use in a given country. Not sales.

In Canada, BlackBerry PlayBook has not been manufactured or sold for some time but it currently has a 10% share of the tablet market.

The problem here seems to be one of semantics.
    04-12-14 12:48 PM
    Garnok,

I read an article saying that BBM is the most popular messaging app in Indonesia but It's facing strong competition from other companies which are investing heavily in promoting their service. Although, the Google trends graph suggests that BBM is very dominant. What's your perception?

Korea's quirky messaging apps take on BBM, WhatsApp in text-happy Indonesia | NDTV Gadgets

Google Trends
    04-12-14 01:10 PM
    LoL. Like vultures on a **** wagon.

From my Z30 via CB10
    sidhuk, morganplus8, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    04-12-14 02:35 PM
    Again. Market share (you refer to it as userbase) is the total number of devices in use in a given country. Not sales.

In Canada, BlackBerry PlayBook has not been manufactured or sold for some time but it currently has a 10% share of the tablet market.

The problem here seems to be one of semantics.
    No that is wrong - market share is based on sales in last quarter - It is impossible for bbry to have a market share of 20% in last quarter because we know both total sales for country and total sales for bbry in last quarter.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    techvisor and garnok like this.
    04-12-14 03:04 PM
    there are no english link but here is the local indonesian link and the number (source IDC indonesia) :

here is complete list Q4 2013 smartphone shipment numbers :
    1. Samsung ..... 1.137.664 unit
    2. Andromax.......581.000 unit
    3. Lenovo............311.000 unit
    4. Oppo...............254.407 unit
    5. Sony.................198.930 unit
    6. Blackberry........180.000 unit
    7. Evercross..........115.039 unit
    BlackBerry Melorot, Andromax Menjulang, Samsung Masih Jawara! | detikInet

and here is the english link for the previous quarter Q32013
    http://www.techinasia.com/blackberry...fren-andromax/

in Q3 they still hold 3rd position, but in Q4 down to 6th position plus their shipment number decrease almost half
    This seems promising for the Z3, #3 position within reach if they execute well with a difference of 131.000 units. What makes 'market share' a leading indicator (as someone here suggested) if the reports come out after a sales period?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 04:05 PM
    OT Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thought I would bang out a chart on HALO as I know many of you hold it and/or might like to own it soon:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-halo-chart-april-12-2014.png

Every time this stock sells off to extremes, like the RSI=16, .... that we haven't seen in many years, the stock rallies. We are at a monster low right now and one would think the company has no money or a pipeline that matters. In fact, they have cash and credit for $ 150 MM and their pipeline has drugs in process, drugs collecting royalties and many partnership programs with the biggest of the Pharmas in the land. There just might be $ 7.00 worth of assets that investors have forgotten about here. We are discounting their entire pipeline right now. The stock bounced hard on Friday and then the slow but crushing drop in the general market took it back down on the day. All other biotechs got whacked leading me to think that HALO is looking for a bottom and a pop back up soon. Trade with caution as so many stocks are getting whacked right now. GL
    _dimi_, Mr BBRY, sidhuk and 10 others like this.
    04-12-14 04:09 PM
    I read an article saying that BBM is the most popular messaging app in Indonesia but It's facing strong competition from other companies which are investing heavily in promoting their service. Although, the Google trends graph suggests that BBM is very dominant. What's your perception?

Google Trends
    The Google trends page also lists the associated search terms. The sudden spike in the graph also coincides with the release of cross platform BBM. It is interesting to note that most of the search volume attributed to "BBM" is also related to people downloading it. For example: "android BBM", "download BBM", "aplikasi BBM". To me this all suggests that the resurgence of the interest has to do with Android users who want to reconnect with other countrymen on BBM.

In the quarterly report, I was surprised like many of you that they only announced 85m active users. The last time we heard from BlackBerry was five months ago, shortly after the xBBM release when they bragged about gaining 20m active users in one month bringing the total to 80m. In the early days of xBBM, the app was sitting high in the App Store charts and Google Play Store charts. I'm in Canada, after the initial flurry of interest, BBM has settled to the 70s in the App Store and the 40s in the Play Store. In both stores, BBM is lagging behind both Viber and Kik, which are in turn well behind the leaderboard mainstays like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, and Skype.

Based on this, I don't see BBM growing much larger. My theory is that BBM's user base originates predominantly from BlackBerry and ex-BlackBerry users. Of people who've never used BBM before, I think there are very few of this. Thus I predict BBM growth is close to its peak. I predict it could reach 100m active users, but not much more than that.
    04-12-14 04:32 PM
    I'm not sure I can agree with that assessment of BBM. The IM game isn't zero sum, and these things grow somewhat exponentially, which is why WhatsApp is bound to be near the top. So long as BBM continues to gain users somewhat steadily, that is a good thing. What would be great is for BlackBerry to gain a 1:4 ratio with WhatsApp . I think that is a realistic goal. From there, you are looking at each person probably having other core friends on BBM. From there, you get people running both WhatsApp and BBM actively on their phone, and anything is possible, so long as the quality of BBM is superior.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    04-12-14 04:42 PM
    For OT weekend reading from the Related Technologies and Security file:

Cisco, Juniper products affected by Heartbleed | ZDNet

Worried about Heartbleed? LastPass' Security Check has you covered | ZDNet

All those Websites needing new passwords to protect yourself against Heartbleed attacks may look daunting in LastPass' Security Checker, but it's a heck of a lot easier than looking for them by hand.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-badlastpass-620x443.jpg
    04-12-14 06:04 PM
    If you look for Indonesian channels, the acceptance of BBM seems amazing. The CHIP magazine has gotten 52k followers in two month! So let's see what BBM is really able to pull, it definitely has potential. I am just wondering why we don't hear anything about BBM video for Android and IOS anymore. Could this be a carrier thing, or should it really be so difficult to implement it?
    04-12-14 06:39 PM
    If you look for Indonesian channels, the acceptance of BBM seems amazing. The CHIP magazine has gotten 52k followers in two month! So let's see what BBM is really able to pull, it definitely has potential. I am just wondering why we don't hear anything about BBM video for Android and IOS anymore. Could this be a carrier thing, or should it really be so difficult to implement it?
    With regards to the BBM video, I have a theory that may or may not be the root issue. Since this heartbleed stuff has come out, BlackBerry has stated that BBM for all BlackBerry devices is unaffected while iOS and Android are. It seems the tunneling is different for the other platforms and hasn't been up to snuff as of yet. Hence some of the reported issues with cross platform voice calling.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 07:17 PM
    Garnok,

Korea's quirky messaging apps take on BBM, WhatsApp in text-happy Indonesia | NDTV Gadgets

Google Trends
    BBM still is the number one in indonesia...many people said BB phone sales drop in indonesia, is because BB are releasing BBM on android and iOS..when i go to phone store, people always ask is it BBM available before buying a phone...

and almost in every phone store, in spec sheet information next to working display unit there are always BBM available with large BBM icon
    sati01 likes this.
    04-12-14 07:48 PM
    This is bad. Lol. Does it mean heading to BlackBerry? I guess not.
    Sorry just had to.
    http://utbblogs.com/news/apples-head...tware-leaving/

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bradu1, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-12-14 08:19 PM
    LoL. Like vultures on a **** wagon.

From my Z30 via CB10
    I love these drive by posts. So is BlackBerry the "**** wagon"? Nice way of putting it.
    sentimentGX4 and techvisor like this.
    04-12-14 08:37 PM
    I love these drive by posts. So is BlackBerry the "**** wagon"? Nice way of putting it.
    Curious as to why you felt compelled to comment on it?

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-13-14 12:06 AM
    Budy s been around. May be old GF crush.

_dimi_ and bungaboy like this.
    04-13-14 12:54 AM

Mostly because there's a double standard where someone is allowed to snipe at other posters with short snide comments just because those posters don't always espouse a 100 percent positive view of BlackBerry.
    anon(4086547) and techvisor like this.
    04-13-14 01:18 AM
    For OT weekend reading from the Related Technologies and Security file:

Cisco, Juniper products affected by Heartbleed | ZDNet

Worried about Heartbleed? LastPass' Security Check has you covered | ZDNet

All those Websites needing new passwords to protect yourself against Heartbleed attacks may look daunting in LastPass' Security Checker, but it's a heck of a lot easier than looking for them by hand.
    If people are using lastpass, take a look at yubikey which is a cheap and easy way to add two factor.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    rarsen likes this.
    04-13-14 05:20 AM

He don't get it. Way over his head. LoL

Buzzards on a **** wagon. LoL
    sidhuk likes this.
    04-13-14 08:20 AM
    Since it is lazy Sunday.
    http://www.ted.com/talks/steven_pink...aign=ios-share

bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-13-14 11:00 AM
    BlackBerry's Hidden Opportunity in Health Care?

BlackBerry's Hidden Opportunity in Health Care? (BBRY)
    04-13-14 11:04 AM
    BlackBerry's Hidden Opportunity in Health Care?

BlackBerry's Hidden Opportunity in Health Care? (BBRY)
    BlackBerry had demos of PlayBooks mirroring the display of the vital signs monitor when the PlayBook first came out. The selling point back then was "look, you can check a patient's vitals from anywhere in the hospital's secure network."

Hopefully equipment manufacturers bought into BlackBerry's vision years ago and are coming out with product soon because the development and equipment upgrade lag time and lack of visibility is killing BlackBerry's chances of getting both the underlying OS and user facing UI business.
    CDM76 likes this.
    04-13-14 12:52 PM
    Kind of curious about this guy and his track record, I think I remember awhile back he was pretty bearish on the stock during heins time as CEO

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) news: BlackBerry: I'm A Buyer On Monday - Yes, Again - Seeking Alpha
    bungaboy, rarsen, jxnb and 4 others like this.
    04-13-14 05:07 PM
    Kind of curious about this guy and his track record, I think I remember awhile back he was pretty bearish on the stock during heins time as CEO

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) news: BlackBerry: I'm A Buyer On Monday - Yes, Again - Seeking Alpha
    You can track here:

Quoth the Raven's Articles on BBRY: BlackBerry Ltd. - Seeking Alpha
    04-14-14 04:24 AM
    I thought he laid out a reasoned critique. Why is that "bashing"?
    They just can't handle the negative. One day they love Alpha for posting something good about BBRY, the next day the same person will claim the Alpha knows nothing and are fools. It all depends on what they say. Kinda reminds me of our current government! Heck, they would praise MSNBC if they played nice with BBRY!

I am personally responsible - through word of mouth persuasion - for fourteen Z10 purchases other than my own over the last year, and countless Apple and Android BBM downloads.
    I "talked" way more than that into buying Blackberry but no more. Why would I do that to a friend?
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 04-14-14 at 12:25 PM.
    chr1sny and techvisor like this.
    04-14-14 06:33 AM
113,250 ... 25642565256625672568 ...