View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Really? Nasdaq breaking 4000 market sentiment is in the gutter, which tech stocks are up?

You say look at the broader market but tech stock is up.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    04-11-14 02:07 PM
    I see no news - maybe Chen is starting to sound like Heins to the market?

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    Lol...it could be.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 02:13 PM
    Maybe another nice graph will help. . . . . . .
    (not laughing) (but laughing)

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    04-11-14 02:20 PM
    CNET says BB10 is an "absolute pleasure"

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 02:21 PM
    We all know that the beta on BlackBerry is going to be much higher than the general market; for moves in both directions.

It's another good time to redo your due diligence. Run it through again and decide if you want to own this company or not.

Don't hold it because you've lost a bunch on it already. Decide if you would buy it now if you didn't already own it.

• C00087C61 - Non Traditional Premed
    • C00039A66 - Van City Coffee, finding the best Lattes around our beautiful city
    • C00124663 - Vancouver WhitecapsFC - A supporter and Capo's perspective
    04-11-14 02:23 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for posting this wonderful message. Pleasant surprise in a doom and gloom bombarded day on this thread. Salt rubbing and mocking charts etc.
    Some people will never grow up. Nature never changes.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Corbu, jxnb, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    04-11-14 02:34 PM
    I don't know why the drop is happening, but as for Chen, I said a long time ago that he wasn't worth worshipping blindly (who is?), and that he has more than a bit of carpetbagger about him.

His continuous comments are how unsure he is about BlackBerry's success is not the main reason for the dive, but it does not help. I think he very interested in protecting his own reputation to be honest. It's also a bit strange the way he refers to himself all the time as opposed to the company as a group - as a team. It's always 'I'. Anyway, I have never been a huge fan of Chen, but I do think he is better than Heins, and that there is a good chance things will be fine.

With the Z3 coming out, Chen is doing all the right things, so let's rest easy guys: he's constantly talking (nearly every interview?) about there being no guarantee that BlackBerry will survive, and he's sowing all sorts of confusion as to whether BlackBerry will continue selling/supporting phones. That's the BlackBerry way, so let's just be happy and support BlackBerry HQ - they wouldn't let us down.

04-11-14 02:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sent into the twitter sphere.

• C00039A66 - Van City Coffee, finding the best Lattes around our beautiful city
    sidhuk, bungaboy and zyben like this.
    04-11-14 02:37 PM
    Thanks for posting this wonderful message. Pleasant surprise in a doom and gloom bombarded day on this thread. Salt rubbing and mocking charts etc.

If technical analysis is posted on days when the stock is up then it doesn't seem crazy to me that posters are pointing out the absence of such posts on the days when the stock is down and bucking the trends of those forecasts.

It seems that on "green" days posting technical analysis charts is the norm. Meanwhile the modus operandi for "red" days is to post reviews of BB10 and the Z30 despite the fact that the Z30 came out almost a fiscal quarter ago. Are these reviews posted in the hope of convincing posters to stay long? Or to counteract the American media conspiracy?
    cgk, notfanboy and techvisor like this.
    04-11-14 02:43 PM

LOL! I KNEW you did not have me blocked!

Have a good weekend, anyway!
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    04-11-14 02:45 PM
    Hi Superfly!!

The chart doesn't hold much in the way of support but here goes:

Attachment 262346

If you look back, we found support at $ 7.50/shr on two occasions, the first on the way down during some terrible media news. The second one occurred on the way up and it was a breakout move that sent the stock flying to decent highs in the weeks ahead. today we are right back there, having closed a number of gaps on the way up, we are right at RSI=30 and that usually means we are bottoming out. I have also guessed at the channel that is forming this time around. I would buy the stock at today's low but it must hold that low so let it test it and see what you get. A second test followed by a pop is a good sign that we might have a trading low here. I would also wait, if you are nervous, to see the stock close above its 3-ema before I would commit some funds. The close that I would want to see today is $ 7.75/shr/US or as near to that as possible to setup the stock for Monday. The general market is taking all stocks down here, including BBRY. I would say that a close below $ 7.50/shr means we are testing $ 7.00/shr for a bottom, it might be possible to get to $ 6.00/shr on terrible news or a sudden drop in the overall market. Hope that helps.
    Thanks for the chart Morgan. My hats are off to you for spending your valuable time on chart not only up days but also when the stock is bleeding red.

jxnb, Corbu, bungaboy and 8 others like this.
    04-11-14 02:50 PM
    I don't know why the drop is happening, but as for Chen, I said a long time ago that he wasn't worth worshipping blindly (who is?), and that he has more than a bit of carpetbagger about him.

His continuous comments are how unsure he is about BlackBerry's success is not the main reason for the dive, but it does not help. I think he very interested in protecting his own reputation to be honest. It's also a bit strange the way he refers to himself all the time as opposed to the company as a group - as a team. It's always 'I'. Anyway, I have never been a huge fan of Chen, but I do think he is better than Heins, and that there is a good chance things will be fine.

With the Z3 coming out, Chen is doing all the right things, so let's rest easy guys: he's constantly talking (nearly every interview?) about there being no guarantee that BlackBerry will survive, and he's sowing all sorts of confusion as to whether BlackBerry will continue selling/supporting phones. That's the BlackBerry way, so let's just be happy and support BlackBerry HQ - they wouldn't let us down.

Agreed mostly. I think Chen is often prematurely lionized. However, that being said, I think he's making the right decisions with hardware by attempting to test the waters with new business arrangements (e.g., foxconn deal) and hardware configurations targeted at different demographics with the Z3 and Q20. Ultimately, I've always exepected Chen to do away with the hardware business but at least he's going through the motions of seeing if that division can return to profitability.
    techvisor and Bacon Munchers like this.
    04-11-14 02:50 PM
    If technical analysis is posted on days when the stock is up then it doesn't seem crazy to me that posters are pointing out the absence of such posts on the days when the stock is down and bucking the trends of those forecasts.

It seems that on "green" days posting technical analysis charts is the norm. Meanwhile the modus operandi for "red" days is to post reviews of BB10
    Back one page, maybe 4 hours ago silly

bungaboy, rarsen, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    04-11-14 02:52 PM
    Crackberry app also shows the blocked messages too.
    However, knowing who is who on this "I support blackberry" thread, I rather not look at your messages or people I have blocked because they are nothing but doom and gloom and rather be happy to see this company die. We are all grown up and know what is going on every one is convinced that they are doing the doing the right thing. No hard feelings there but, if I have ignore button and if it works I would rather use it. CrackBerry need to fix their app so that I won't be able to see my blocked people. I have no problem any one else is blocking me.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140411_145124.png

bungaboy, rim4ever, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    04-11-14 02:57 PM
    Agreed mostly. I think Chen is often prematurely lionized. However, that being said, I think he's making the right decisions with hardware by attempting to test the waters with new business arrangements (e.g., foxconn deal) and hardware configurations targeted at different demographics with the Z3 and Q20. Ultimately, I've always exepected Chen to do away with the hardware business but at least he's going through the motions of seeing if that division can return to profitability.
    Just look at the first three headlines:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140411_205452.png

I'm sorry. I've just got to tell it how it is: Chen and Co still suck at this PR stuff. This isn't some rare slip. He's been chanting the 50/50 nature of a BlackBerry comeback for ages. These recent comments fit right in with his other dumb statements. I know some will say that he has come out and 'corrected' his comment or quote, but that's no excuse. A five year old should know by now how these things will be printed in the papers.

What is real is the negative effect this stuff has on public perception. This dumb move comes right before another phone launch - well done, Chen.

CDM76, JLagoon and Bacon Munchers like this.
    04-11-14 03:02 PM
    Well, this might not help...?

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140411_213633.png

http://www.zdnet.com/apples-ios-os-x...do-7000028334/

04-11-14 03:38 PM
    The author of that 'piece' is seriously taken apart in the comments section. Almost every comment is about how misleading the headline is and more importantly how inaccurate the article itself is.

You can't assume that everything published is read without a critical eye. Even if it's 'good' news about BlackBerry.
    Last edited by W Hoa; 04-11-14 at 05:34 PM.
    04-11-14 04:14 PM
    You say look at the broader market but tech stock is up.
    Really? Nasdaq breaking 4000 market sentiment is in the gutter, which tech stocks are up?
    Here. End of day screencap from Google finance page

techvisor likes this.
    04-11-14 04:28 PM
    Well, we have had quite a drop with BBRY. There might be something that we, longs, might consider in the chart though. I will post my updated chart tonight.
    morganplus8, sidhuk, Corbu and 4 others like this.
    04-11-14 04:35 PM
    Does it feel like there's an infestation of parasites?
    sidhuk, bigbadben10, Corbu and 1 others like this.
    04-11-14 04:36 PM
    Down to $5, back to $10?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 04:42 PM
    Does it feel like there's an infestation of parasites?
    That would be understatement. LoL.

04-11-14 04:52 PM
    Where are the parasites? Honestly, I have to say I haven't read anything but honest criticism.

In a side note, I am shareholder, and will almost certainly buy more when this mess is bottomed out, but I have to say that BlackBerry HQ are making a pigs ear of all of this PR stuff. They should be kept to their rooms till this stuff blows over.

techvisor likes this.
    04-11-14 05:20 PM
    LoL, off to the gym. pumping iron, upper body. have a great weekend Gang. stay out of trouble from mods.
    04-11-14 05:23 PM
    Sound and fury: Ottawa’s QNX bridges tech and auto industries

Sound and fury: Ottawa�s QNX bridges tech and auto industries

The Citizen got a look inside the BlackBerry unit?s garage and talked shop with two of its execs

OTTAWA � Internet joke, circa 1995. Bill Gates stands up at a conference and declares: �If the computer industry ran the automotive business, the price of cars would drop by 50 per cent and their power would increase by 100 per cent every two years.� To which the chairman of General Motors responds: �Sure, but who wants to drive something that crashes twice a day?�

These days, computers don�t crash as much. Yet the high-technology and automotive sectors remain separate worlds, each with its own understanding of customer expectations.

For the tech industry, it�s all about the refresh rate. Buyers want whatever�s latest and will accept on-the-fly �patches� and the need to buy new devices regularly as the price of staying current.

Automakers also must keep their offerings fresh. But the industry is keenly aware that consumer perceptions about safety and reliability are what ultimately determines a manufacturer�s success.

One company has bridged the gap. Coding from Kanata�s QNX Software Systems Ltd., a division of BlackBerry, governs the instrument displays, audio systems and other functions of millions of vehicles produced by automakers worldwide. It does this in heat and cold, in humidity and dust, and it keeps doing it for years and years.

One day QNX software could play an even larger role, linking the electronic and mechanical systems of the long-awaited �driverless� vehicles that will signal the consummation, finally, of the marriage of cars and computers.

A garage at the company headquarters is home base for three demonstration vehicles � a Jeep Wrangler, a Kia Soul and a matte-black Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG � that tour trade and auto shows to showcase QNX�s noise-cancellation and substitution technologies, its crisp digital instrumentation and its array of integrated features, from navigation systems in which you choose the maps provider to a voice-recognition system that will understand your imperfect diction.

Also present are a black Bentley Continental GT that was a previous (and stunning) concept car and what looks to be a luxury sport-utility concealed beneath a thick, feature-masking cover.

Derek Kuhn, QNX�s vice-president of sales and marketing, and Grant Courville, director of product management, recently gave the Citizen a tour of the company garage and shared some views on the car-computer bond and QNX�s role as matchmaker.

Among their takes:

On the social shift
    �If somebody a few years ago had said, �We want you to integrate Facebook (in a car),� I would have thought it was a joke,� says Derek Kuhn. Now, with an emerging generation of car buyers expecting the same connectivity from their cars as their phones, such a request could seem quite reasonable.

The challenge then for QNX wouldn�t be installing a Facebook application � that would be easy � but in determining how to tailor the social network to a moving vehicle in a way that wouldn�t be distracting. A constant readout of status updates, for example, would be a bad idea.

�We�d try to look at it and ask, is it elegant and simple, and can we make sure that it�s not going to cause problems?�

On the nature of noise
    Delivered through a car�s sound system, noise-cancellation technology can virtually silence the road noise and mechanical sounds that intrude into the cabin. But for manufacturers, such silence isn�t golden.

�The automakers are telling us it sounds clinical and strange,� Kuhn reports.

The solution: more pleasing car sounds. In QNX�s Kia Soul, the driver can dial up the engine note of a Dodge Challenger, Nissan Z-car or other harmonious model. There is, admittedly, a video-game quality to the sound, not that this would put off younger buyers.

On competition and trust
    Google and Apple are attempting to sell their technology directly to the auto industry, and have the might to dislodge QNX as the sector�s premier supplier. QNX, however, is hardly on the outside here � it works with the tech behemoths and includes Apple and Google applications in the suite of services it offers carmakers. More than the technology, however, Grant Courville say QNX�s selling point is the knowledge gained through working with carmakers since the 1990s � on how, for example, to adapt to altitude changes and voltage spikes � and through installing operating systems in such other demanding locations as locomotives and nuclear plants.

On QNX�s role within BlackBerry
    Though provider of the operating software for BlackBerry�s latest handsets, QNX functions largely as a standalone unit of the cellphone and telecommunications company. Its financial contributions, though not broken out separately, are no doubt important to a parent firm trying to recover from crashing sales. QNX, says Kuhn, �just completed its best fiscal (year) ever.�

On the next big thing
    Even as Google and the University of Parma (the latter with QNX contributions) test autonomous vehicles, the idea of the self-driving car seems the stuff of 1950s Popular Mechanics covers. Yet already we have cars that can automatically parallel-park, regulate their speed in dense traffic and adjust braking force for slippery road and potential collisions. �The reality is we�re inching toward it,� Kuhn says.

On what�s under the cover
    �Can�t tell you,� say the execs. At least not until this latest concept vehicle is revealed at a trade event later this
    rarsen, JLagoon, zyben and 5 others like this.
    04-11-14 06:16 PM
113,256 ... 25612562256325642565 ...