View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Well I believe low volumes are killing the stock again.
    I'll sign my mortgage and will be able to sharp calculate my new available cash Saturday.
    May be in for some more on Tuesday if the dive continues. Can't afford to overreact an be impulsive here ... glad I didn't when we went under $8 ... Morgan or any experimented contributor : might we see the bottom again as low as $6s ?
    Mr BBRY, Ribes Nigrum and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-14 09:24 AM
    I will think we need to worry too much about this dip or dive just yet. It's not based on any new news that we weren't already aware of, so there doesn't seem to be anything to do but buy more if confident. Either the company is going to make it, or it won't. If you think it will, then enjoy the bargain prices.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    04-11-14 09:34 AM
    Is anyone else yelling at their computer or smartphone while looking at BBRY's price action. When is this damn horse going to leave the stable?

I can't afford to be tempted into buying more shares!
    The horse may never leave the stable!

Still think that Chen needs to choose his words more wisely.

Have a great weekend
    04-11-14 09:44 AM
    The horse may never leave the stable!

Still think that Chen needs to choose his words more wisely.

Have a great weekend
    I do agree with that. You can't keep talking about 'maybe we'll make it; maybe we won't', and expect the stock to do anything positive after a poor ER and no news.

04-11-14 09:55 AM
    I wonder if this is already patented by BlackBerry?

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    Can't see how - it has existed in various apps on android well before bb10 - the best of the current crop is 'cover'. Having said that, this is a third party app and nothing to do with apple so patent issues are irrelevant in that sense.
    04-11-14 09:57 AM
    We used to cringe at the damage Mike and Jim and Thorsten inflicted on BlackBerry by taking swipes at competitors or by making announcements that ultimately fell flat. With Chen those days appear to be over and Samsung has apparently filled the void:

Paul Brennan the senior vice president of mobile and enterprise for Samsung Canada.

�We see the business-to-business space as a significant growth area for Samsung,� he said.

�We have great penetration inside the consumer market. There was a company that had great penetration inside the business community that is not necessarily heading in the right direction ... so we believe we have a great opportunity there.�
    Samsung launches flagship Galaxy S5 into a mature market - The Globe and Mail
    jxnb, Corbu, bizzarothor and 1 others like this.
    04-11-14 10:06 AM
    Commented
    ibpluto and bungaboy like this.
    04-11-14 10:16 AM
    How does the saying go, already? Imitation is the sincerest form of...
    To be fair, this a jailbroken OS, not the official one.
    morganplus8 and Corbu like this.
    04-11-14 10:22 AM
    Well I believe low volumes are killing the stock again.
    I'll sign my mortgage and will be able to sharp calculate my new available cash Saturday.
    May be in for some more on Tuesday if the dive continues. Can't afford to overreact an be impulsive here ... glad I didn't when we went under $8 ... Morgan or any experimented contributor : might we see the bottom again as low as $6s ?
    Hi Superfly!!

The chart doesn't hold much in the way of support but here goes:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-bbry-chart-april-11-2014.png

If you look back, we found support at $ 7.50/shr on two occasions, the first on the way down during some terrible media news. The second one occurred on the way up and it was a breakout move that sent the stock flying to decent highs in the weeks ahead. today we are right back there, having closed a number of gaps on the way up, we are right at RSI=30 and that usually means we are bottoming out. I have also guessed at the channel that is forming this time around. I would buy the stock at today's low but it must hold that low so let it test it and see what you get. A second test followed by a pop is a good sign that we might have a trading low here. I would also wait, if you are nervous, to see the stock close above its 3-ema before I would commit some funds. The close that I would want to see today is $ 7.75/shr/US or as near to that as possible to setup the stock for Monday. The general market is taking all stocks down here, including BBRY. I would say that a close below $ 7.50/shr means we are testing $ 7.00/shr for a bottom, it might be possible to get to $ 6.00/shr on terrible news or a sudden drop in the overall market. Hope that helps.
    zyben, bungaboy, Mr BBRY and 11 others like this.
    04-11-14 10:23 AM
    Ready for a warm-cold "review" of BES10 pro and cons ?
    Here you go : What there is to like about BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10

BlackBerry has been doing mobile for a very long time, with an impressive list of customers that includes the U.S. Department of Defense. Still, BlackBerry executives have been candid in noting that their revised corporate strategy to emphasize BES 10 may not be successful. With more than 100 EMM systems to choose from, the daunting selection process might lead some to write off BES 10 from the start.

No matter how you might feel about BlackBerry handsets and the company overall, however, there is no doubt that BES 10 has a feature set that merits attention.
    50% - 50% ?
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-14 11:08 AM
    Our friend George nailed it, again
    [hey, I won't quote, he deserves his pennies !]

BlackBerry Ltd (BBRY) news: BlackBerry Can't Divest Of Its Devices Unit Even If It Wanted To - Seeking Alpha
    04-11-14 11:16 AM
    04-11-14 11:19 AM
    Mr Chen has been on a roll with the dumb comments this week (two thumbs down). For the hundredth time, I really don't think BlackBerry have much PR talent. Great software, phones, and services - I love the brand as much as anyone else - but hopeless PR skills. Boo.

Bacon Munchers likes this.
    04-11-14 11:49 AM
    We were discussing BES cloud this morning on a CB thread and one of their PR team popped in to clarify things.

Thought that was quite good.

• C00087C61 - Non Traditional Premed
    • C00039A66 - Van City Coffee, finding the best Lattes around our beautiful city
    • C00124663 - Vancouver WhitecapsFC - A supporter and Capo's perspective
    Corbu, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    04-11-14 11:56 AM
    We were discussing BES cloud this morning on a CB thread and one of their PR team popped in to clarify things.

Thought that was quite good.

• C00039A66 - Van City Coffee, finding the best Lattes around our beautiful city
    Interesting! And would you have a link to such thread?
    04-11-14 12:10 PM
    Interesting! And would you have a link to such thread?
    Certainly

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=921449

Unfortunately it looks as though we won't be seeing BES Cloud prior to release of BES12.

I've also taken Kara at her word that she is actually from the BlackBerry PR team. Haha

04-11-14 12:17 PM
    In November 2013 BlackBerry announced the following: Do we have any stats on the roll out and the volume of mobile devices sold? Thank you and have a lovely weekend my bruvvers!

WATERLOO, ON – BBM™ will soon come preinstalled on a variety of Android™-based smartphones from leading OEMs across Africa, India, Indonesia, Latin America and the Middle East. Beginning next month, Android smartphones from Be, Brightstar, Celkon, EVERCOSS, IMO, Micromax, Mito, Snexian, Spice, TECNO, TiPhone and Zen will include BBM preinstalled. In addition, BlackBerry� (NASDAQ: BBRY; TSX: BB) confirmed that BBM will also continue to be available as a free download from Android app stores, including Google Play.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-11-14 12:45 PM
    BBRY just dropped big time. Got to be something more happening to get it to drop this much!
    techvisor likes this.
    04-11-14 01:19 PM
    What a disaster
    04-11-14 01:34 PM
    What's going on?

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 01:35 PM
    Maybe another nice graph will help. . . . . . .
    Gesig Boek likes this.
    04-11-14 01:58 PM
    Wish I sold at $10+

Posted via CB10
    04-11-14 02:00 PM
    Guys just look at the broader market, can't blame this stock for being down this much the nasdaq is off another 1% today. Its beneficial to just walk away from tracking this for a few days until the market is done correcting. If there was something wrong with BBRY or some news is out the volume would be spiking and it is relatively flat at the moment. It took around 2 months to reach recent highs the last time we were this low, i'm expecting the same time frame to bounce depending on the broader market.
    jxnb, Corbu, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    04-11-14 02:01 PM
    I see no news - maybe Chen is starting to sound like Heins to the market?

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    techvisor likes this.
    04-11-14 02:01 PM
    Guys just look at the broader market, can't blame this stock for being down this much the nasdaq is off another 1% today. Its beneficial to just walk away from tracking this for a few days until the market is done correcting. If there was something wrong with BBRY or some news is out the volume would be spiking and it is relatively flat at the moment. It took around 2 months to reach recent highs the last time we were this low, i'm expecting the same time frame to bounce depending on the broader market.
    You say look at the broader market but tech stock is up.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    04-11-14 02:03 PM
113,256 ... 25602561256225632564 ...