Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    What's with the stock market today?

Posted via CB10
    and the biotech slide continues..every bio stock i see is getting slapped. Morgan can we have some indication on how long the IBB is expected to fall based on your TA and where the resistance is?
    04-10-14 01:00 PM
    i've given up on my HALO calls, it's a loss same with last months. There seems to be really no resistance to stop the fall, just need to wait out the bloodbath but i don't think bio will be as good as last year after this fall
    04-10-14 01:09 PM
    The 2nd half of the interview with Fox Biz and Chen, he answers some tough questions...

BlackBerry CEO on company’s future | On Air Videos | Fox Business
    04-10-14 01:46 PM
    with the crushing of the nasdaq, we are holding up pretty nicely here
    On a percentage basis BBRY is actually a little worse off right now than the overall market (-3.12 v -3.52% for BBRY) . Only about .40% worse so not too bad, but I wouldn't say we are holding up well. The day isn't over yet either so still time for BBRY to rally a bit. HALO is off 8.62% - again....UGH
    JLagoon likes this.
    04-10-14 02:30 PM
    and the biotech slide continues..every bio stock i see is getting slapped. Morgan can we have some indication on how long the IBB is expected to fall based on your TA and where the resistance is?
    I just have a moment to post, we hit the 200-dma moving averages on both the $NBI and the $IBB Indexes today, that should do it. I would think a 20% correction in Biotech is a healthy one for this go around. Watch both Indexes very carefully to see if they hold, I think they will and we'll bounce from here. All Biotechs have been sent to the cleaners but this should be the bottom..

Here are the two Indexes:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-ibb-index-april-10-2014.png

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-nbi-index-april-14-2014.png

This is a healthy correction in a Sector that has rallied hard over the past year. Look at those profits! RSI is just getting down into the oversold range today.
    Last edited by morganplus8; 04-10-14 at 03:20 PM.
    04-10-14 02:54 PM
    I'm in HALO @ 8.36. Ouch!

Posted via CB10
    jmehta22 likes this.
    04-10-14 02:55 PM
    I'm in HALO @ 8.36. Ouch!

Posted via CB10
    I'm in HALO at $13.70...and a bunch of others, Including BB...in the teens... so I'm feeling like I just got hit by a freight train as I dive deeper in the 5 figure losses...

As GOD appears to still have some love for me... I don't "need" this $ right now, so I can wait and hope that BB and the rest of the BIOmass (BIOmess?) recovers.
    04-10-14 03:34 PM
    I'm in HALO at $13.70...and a bunch of others, Including BB...in the teens... so I'm feeling like I just got hit by a freight train as I dive deeper in the 5 figure losses...

As GOD appears to still have some love for me... I don't "need" this $ right now, so I can wait and hope that BB and the rest of the BIOmass (BIOmess?) recovers.
    Hang in there!
    rarsen and Mr.Conviviality like this.
    04-10-14 04:22 PM
    The 2nd half of the interview with Fox Biz and Chen, he answers some tough questions...

BlackBerry CEO on company�€™s future | On Air Videos | Fox Business
    Not to do too much cheerleading here, but John Chen did a fantastic job on this interview. Everything he says shows that he is a top notch CEO that knows this business well. I am very pleased with his plan and the way he explains it. He answers some very difficult questions and lays out a strategy that seems bullet proof. Nothing new here, but it appears the execution will be on point.

I struggle with understanding how the market completely disagrees with me on this. I am aware of declining revenues and sub fees, but I can see past them with John Chen's vision and path to profitability. I know I have said very similar things in the past about a BBRY turnaround, but from all of the information available to me today (mostly from this forum!), I am holding my long position until I see something I don't like. I strongly believe that will not be the case with John Chen in charge. GL all! Peace out!
    lech31, jxnb, morganplus8 and 8 others like this.
    04-10-14 05:29 PM
    From Mr Chen and Mr Sims today:

Don't expect to see inexpensive BlackBerrys popping up on U.S shelves before 2016. While BlackBerry has some room in the consumer space in countries like Indonesia, within the U.S. "the only people we can really interest are the prosumers, at least for the next 2-3 years," Chen said.

Sims mentioned some upcoming features that might help juice up excitement around BlackBerry's services. Desktop video chat will be coming to the enterprise version of BlackBerry Messenger, although probably not to the consumer version because "we haven't seen the pull from the consumer market" for a desktop client.
    BlackBerry Touts 'BlackBerry Classic' Phone, Cross-Platform Support | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
    04-10-14 08:30 PM
    Not to do too much cheerleading here, but John Chen did a fantastic job on this interview...
    Nicely said.

You know? Bungaboy is not the only one who can meme:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-mockit_10042014184645.jpg

Boom!
    04-10-14 09:01 PM
    Nicely said.

You know? Bunga and Shane are not the only ones who can meme:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MockIt_10042014184645.jpg 
Views:	2349 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	262168

Boom!
    04-10-14 09:06 PM
    Itchy trigger finger... never mind.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-10-14 09:07 PM
    Itchy trigger finger... never mind.
    For a moment I thought you were painting double coat

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    04-10-14 09:12 PM
    Well, I smell low sevens coming (within the next month) and have placed a decent order at 7.09.
    I feel that should be close to bottom...close enough for me anyway, and anticipate some positive leaks concerning Z3 sales and perhaps significant BES uptake numbers (although it's early for that).
    The "heart bleed" effect should sway the decision of allot of fence sitters (imo)...just a matter of time till those numbers are available.

Just sharing my thoughts...don't take as advice.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    04-10-14 09:41 PM
    I REALLY hope that while Chen is on his world tour selling BES 10 (or 12), that they are emphasizing the Heartbleed vulnerability. From reading this, the message I get is - use BES, with BlackBerries, and everything is safe - BlackBerry addresses OpenSSL Heartbleed vulnerability | CrackBerry.com

We neeeed marketing around security! Between NSA snooping, and now this . . . such a huge opportunity for BlackBerry to be on the front page of newspapers, in a positive light for once.

Not sure how many people in here actually have jobs in tech, but this heartbleed thing is a major issue, and a major pain in the @$$ for the person who manages security for a company.
    04-10-14 11:19 PM
    Some encouraging comments from Sims. As someone who's using BBM on Android, I've been wishing that BB overhauls the BBM UI to conform with Android and iOS designs as well.

http://n4bb.com/blackberrys-john-sims-big-plans-bbm/
    Corbu, rarsen, jxnb and 6 others like this.
    04-11-14 07:04 AM
    Nicely said.

You know? Bungaboy is not the only one who can meme:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MockIt_10042014184645.jpg 
Views:	2349 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	262168

Boom!
    Fargen eh! Love it!
    sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-11-14 07:44 AM
    04-11-14 07:46 AM
    How does the saying go, already? Imitation is the sincerest form of...
    Mr BBRY and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-11-14 08:03 AM
    No support for this pig of a stock. Down we go until some news comes out
    04-11-14 08:26 AM
    Were we about the mid $6 when Chen took over?
    04-11-14 08:36 AM
    Is anyone else yelling at their computer or smartphone while looking at BBRY's price action. When is this damn horse going to leave the stable?

I can't afford to be tempted into buying more shares!
    04-11-14 09:15 AM
    I wonder if this is already patented by BlackBerry?

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    doctor gonzo likes this.
    04-11-14 09:21 AM
    04-11-14 09:21 AM
113,256 ... 25592560256125622563 ...