View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Seeing 5 to 10 seconds blackberry ads during every time out in NBA game.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    Yeah, if advertising follows suit of the 'Prosumer' market, then it stands to reason that BlackBerry advertises where they hang out: expensive sports venues.

BlackBerry needs to find out a way to make a viral YouTube video. Perhaps we should recruit our friend Mr. Caloy (sp?).
    04-04-14 11:17 AM
    I had never heard of the guy but since we are talking stickers and marketing, I was reading this.... and the third paragraph stung!

Wallace joins Magic Leap with a wealth of technological marketing experience. He worked at BlackBerry for 11 years, helping to boost BlackBerry’s social media presence. He left the company amid a C-Suite shakeup to join Samsung Mobile, where he made marketing waves with the heralded “Next Big Thing” campaign.

Google took notice, and in late 2012 poached him to echo that magic in its Motorola division, which Google recently agreed to sell.

Magic Leap may seem like a strange career move, but Mr. Wallace says his time at BlackBerry showed him how to turn a product people didn’t know they needed into a “cultural phenomenon.”
    Brian Wallace, High-Flying CMO, Lands At Mysterious Tech Start-Up - CMO Today - WSJ
    La Emperor, rarsen and morganplus8 like this.
    04-04-14 11:32 AM
    BlackBerry Z30: A Hands-On Experience (Short Film)

BlackBerry Z30: A Hands-On Experience (Short Film) -
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-04-14 11:35 AM
    Well, I just learned of the news 10 minutes ago, wish I had stayed away another day! They halted the stock at 8:00 AM, it appears that an Independent Group has advised HALO to submit more data regarding their Panc PII drug trail. They want to see more detail on the risk factor of the trail which makes a ton of sense when you are dealing with terminally ill people. At issue is probably the life expectancy of the patient on the combo at this stage as they might be developing a new problem while living longer. If it is determined that the Peg study isn't the problem, or that the new issue takes a back seat to the benefits, or that the dosage is clearly not right, they will make the adjustment now and continue with the program. So far, the Peg drug has not produced negative outcomes in other studies so it is anybody's guess what they want done in this PII study. This does happen from time to time and is welcome news if there is a chance to move the study in a much better direction. It isn't always negative, that's why ACAD went from $ .70/shr to $ 30.00/shr, they had the dosage wrong.

That's the most that I can say right now regarding the study. Now the stock price tells you alot about why it failed to regain $ 14.00 - $ 15.00 over the past 3 days. Someone knew that a review was taking place and sold the stock, that's my take on the price of the stock. It seemed fishy when we got three great reports and sold off on them all. So now we wait for HALO to clarify the study and what that means for Peg20. If they just adjust the dosage, the stock doubles, if they drop it we sit down here.
    Just in case you missed this:

BMO Capital analyst Jim Birchenough, M.D. is out defending Halozyme

BMO Capital analyst Jim Birchenough, M.D. is out defending Halozyme Therapeutics (NASDAQ: HALO), which is down 29% after temporary halt of phase 2 trial enrollment and dosing for PEGPH20 in pancreatic cancer.

"We believe HALO weakness represents an over-reaction to today's news given that PEGPH20 represents only ~$1.00/share in our NPV estimate for the company," Birchenough said. "Any imbalance in thromboembolic risk should be easily manageable with ASA +/- anticoagulant, as is done commonly with large cancer drugs like REVLIMID."

He added, "Thromboembolic risk for an IV formulation of PEGPH20 has no implications for the broader PH20 SubQ platform and we continue to see upside to recent EU approvals of HERCEPTIN SC and MABTHERA SC."

The analyst maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $24.00
    04-04-14 12:26 PM
    It's good this came out but won't do much for the HALO SP for a bit, may see this stabilize in the coming weeks but the entire NASDAQ is like in a correction from tech stocks to bio. I'm going to be waiting for the bottom of this correction before jumping back in, may start day trading blue chip stocks for a while

Just in case you missed this:

BMO Capital analyst Jim Birchenough, M.D. is out defending Halozyme

BMO Capital analyst Jim Birchenough, M.D. is out defending Halozyme Therapeutics (NASDAQ: HALO), which is down 29% after temporary halt of phase 2 trial enrollment and dosing for PEGPH20 in pancreatic cancer.

"We believe HALO weakness represents an over-reaction to today's news given that PEGPH20 represents only ~$1.00/share in our NPV estimate for the company," Birchenough said. "Any imbalance in thromboembolic risk should be easily manageable with ASA +/- anticoagulant, as is done commonly with large cancer drugs like REVLIMID."

He added, "Thromboembolic risk for an IV formulation of PEGPH20 has no implications for the broader PH20 SubQ platform and we continue to see upside to recent EU approvals of HERCEPTIN SC and MABTHERA SC."

The analyst maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $24.00
    04-04-14 12:51 PM
    OT - HALO:

20% of my professional consulting working is in the sector of drug discovery and manufacturing. Many of my close friends are the top research scientists in the drug discovery division of both large and small companies. I was told that the surviving rate of a new drug from Phase III to commercial is less than 5%. 90% of the time, the killing (of the drug) is caused by being unable to pass the final toxicology test while 5% of time is due to the low efficacy of the drug.

It means that buying into the stock with a company only having one drug candidate (in the PIII trial) shall prepare to losing all your money at 95% of the chance. On the other hand, if the drug does go to the commercial, it can be 10 or 20 bags.

I did trade the biotech stocks long back in the years 2000 ~ 2004 and lost lot $$$. Finally, I realized that 99.99% of the retail investors who has no inside information about the company will lose all their money and the only ones who can make $$$ in those stock are those who has the inside information and they can buy in earlier and get out in time before the good and bad news becoming available to the public.

With this understanding, I didn't touch any biotech stock since 2004 and I plan to keep that way.

Good lucks to those trading on the biotech stocks.
    04-04-14 12:56 PM
    Did you know?
    What is the BlackBerry Logo? I knew they were "B"'s as I've heard them referred to as "The Flying Bs", but didn't know there were four of them:

What is the BlackBerry Logo? | Will Robertson's Blog

Slow news day
    JLagoon, tatail, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    04-04-14 01:38 PM
    On such a day with general market sell-off and weekly option expiration, at the monent, BBRY still stay above $8. It shows some amazing resilience. On the other hand, I am prepared to buy some shares at the market closing at $8 which I think it will be there resulting the final push from the option writers.
    W Hoa and Bacon Munchers like this.
    04-04-14 01:55 PM
    + infinity

Posted via CB10 /w Z10

Edit. Refer to bio stock scams
    04-04-14 01:58 PM
    On such a day with general market sell-off and weekly option expiration, at the monent, BBRY still stay above $8. It shows some amazing resilience. On the other hand, I am prepared to buy some shares at the market closing at $8 which I think it will be there resulting the final push from the option writers.
    I am buying, too. But will wait till Monday or Tuesday as I think they will offer MORE of a "buying opportunity"

Have a good weekend everyone!
    04-04-14 02:29 PM
    On the bright side it did not drop below 8 today.
    04-04-14 04:05 PM
    A bit more Bootleg fun...have a nice weekend.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-we-aint-going-nowhere.jpg

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-04-14 06:08 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	We aint going nowhere.jpg 
Views:	2256 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	260776

If you're going to use the "ain't" I suggest not using "going" and use "Goin'" instead. It continues the slang and rolls off the tounge better.
    morganplus8 likes this.
    04-04-14 06:21 PM
    If you're going to use the "ain't" I suggest not using "going" and use "Goin'" instead. It continues the slang and rolls off the tounge better.
    I did think that. You're definitely right that that sounds better, but somehow it doesn't look as nice in writing. I figure most people will read it in their heads as though it said "goin'" anyway lol.

04-04-14 06:25 PM

I like what you are doing with this stuff.

But . . .

The natural Troll response to this is . . . "Exactly!"
    sidhuk likes this.
    04-04-14 06:26 PM
    I like what you are doing with this stuff.

But . . .

The natural Troll response to this is . . . "Exactly!"
    There will always be such responses. Even I laughed at the irony of the 'Keep Moving' campaign.

04-04-14 06:35 PM
    There will always be such responses. Even I laughed at the irony of the 'Keep Moving' campaign.

sidhuk and bigbadben10 like this.
    04-04-14 06:42 PM
    Oh Kenny! Have an awesome weekend bro!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-04-14 07:15 PM
    Just saw a spike in volume 1.5 million in after hours. Can this be true?
    04-04-14 07:19 PM
    And,does it means something good? ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 07:31 PM
    I think you're mistaken. AH only had 62,000 shars trade

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 04-04-14 at 08:02 PM.
    04-04-14 07:48 PM
    I did think that. You're definitely right that that sounds better, but somehow it doesn't look as nice in writing. I figure most people will read it in their heads as though it said "goin'" anyway lol.

Just because it's after hours, I'll be nitpicky..... If you're going to pick one way, stick with it. Say "We Aren't going Anywhere" or "We Ain't goin' Nowhere". It's the message.... people read in their heads. Pick one or the other. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. Grammar doesn't have to perfect, it just has to relay the message and read like you'd say it.
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 04-04-14 at 08:30 PM.
    04-04-14 08:13 PM

This is an add to post in teen hangouts. It'd get in their heads.

Tim Smith from my Z10 on Rogers
    04-04-14 08:27 PM
    Essentially a rehash of the Forbes article, but exposure, of the positive kind, is never a bad thing.

BlackBerry's BBM Stickers are selling and you shouldn't be surprised
    04-04-14 08:46 PM
    I haven't used any apostrophes in this one...

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-not-your-old-blackberry.jpg

On another topic, I was a bit surprised that the news of good initial sticker sales did absolutely nothing to the SP. That being said, I'm hoping the stock dives a bit next week as well so that we can buy some more at a nice discount. Fingers crossed next ER will have great BBM news and great Z3 sales. The stronger these are, the easier enterprise sales will get. No one likes a loser; everyone loves a winner.

bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    04-05-14 02:21 AM
113,256 ... 25512552255325542555 ...