View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT- tomorrow a new listing is going public. TWD on the TSXV. This is going to be Canada's first publicly traded marijuana stock. Will be quite interesting to see how it plays out.

Posted via CB10
    I think the stock could climb quite HIGH.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 03:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Invest everything you have in chips and pizza companies.
    04-03-14 03:26 PM
    OT- tomorrow a new listing is going public. TWD on the TSXV. This is going to be Canada's first publicly traded marijuana stock. Will be quite interesting to see how it plays out.

Posted via CB10
    Does this matter?

Injunction rocks nascent marijuana industry - The Globe and Mail
    sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-03-14 03:31 PM
    That speaks to how successful it actually was... they had a traveling set-up that when from City to City demoing BB10 and I think you could buy direct there and then but there was very little interest - I put a photo up a few hundred pages ago - it was just sales people standing around looking bored because nobody was interested...
    Yeah, I believe you (of course). I only saw the one in Selfridges. That was a difficult time to be selling BlackBerry, though, and the pricing was insane. I reckon it would be a different picture now. Also, there is always going to be that early phase when you've got to stick it out before you get any traction. I remember those awful demos on the Z10. You couldn't even exit demo mode and try the OS, and none of the swiping worked. It was a sort of anti-marketing campaign lol. There was a formula BlackBerry needed to crunch that they had no interest in...

A = 'cost' of lack of apps
    T = 'cost' of toxic brand image
    F = 'cost' of lack of familiarity

The pricing equation needed was:

Original Price (550?) - A - T - F = Launch Price.

I reckon that was about 375. That price point would have cleared the Z10 from those brutal reviews and comparisons against the other 550 phones as well.

Anyway, that's the past...time to move forward with fingers crossed, I guess lol

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    theRock1975 likes this.
    04-03-14 03:34 PM
    Which phone you use is so important that incorrectly reporting your phone of choice is worthy of a press correction:

An earlier version of this story reported that Ella-Anne had dropped a BlackBerry. UK reports have since issued a correction stating that Ella-Anne had in fact dropped an iPhone but is now using a BlackBerry.

Kent firefighters rescue Ella-Anne Birchenough, 16, who got stuck in drain trying to retrieve lost cellphone | National Post
    zyben, bungaboy, sidhuk and 1 others like this.
    04-03-14 03:37 PM
    Nah.... there's a massively growing market and many will opt to buy instead of grow. It takes a decent green thumb to grow consistent and high quality weed.
    04-03-14 03:41 PM
    OT: Wish we had this kind of bad news effects.

Anadarko settles pollution clean-up claims for $5.15-billion

Anadarko Petroleum Corp. and its Kerr-McGee unit will pay $5.15-billion (U.S.) to resolve environmental cleanup claims stemming from the 2009 bankruptcy of paint materials maker Tronox, the biggest environmental bankruptcy settlement on record.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-apc-nasdaq-april-3-2014.jpg
    sidhuk and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-03-14 04:04 PM
    Since the idea of BlackBerry stores or booths is being discussed, here's what Google is apparently planning for something similar.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2014/04...rt-experience/
    04-03-14 04:21 PM
    OT: really quickly looking at HALO chart, that last bit on the chart is not considered a double bottom is it? (M8, Jlagoon, cj) thanks! its an ugly looking chart atm, just wanted to clarify because it seems like its too compressed to be a DB but then it tested the same support and bounced off it just below the 200 MA
    04-03-14 04:51 PM
    OT: really quickly looking at HALO chart, that last bit on the chart is not considered a double bottom is it? (M8, Jlagoon, cj) thanks! its an ugly looking chart atm
    With the way that sucker has been trading, I don't even want to venture a guess at this point in time. It's gone far lower than I would have ever thought, especially with good news this week.
    Mr BBRY likes this.
    04-03-14 04:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure, it might turn to be more mellow...
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-03-14 04:55 PM
    Trust me i know what you mean -_- losing major on calls, hoping it'll head towards to $14, last month was a big blow to my portfolio

With the way that sucker has been trading, I don't even want to venture a guess at this point in time. It's gone far lower than I would have ever thought, especially with good news this week.
    04-03-14 04:57 PM
    So I received notice and updated my BBM last night, first thing that comes up is info about stickers
    I don't need them or liked the current available options (they will probably improve going forward)
    but in interest of financial support, hopefully mostly direct to BB I bought $2 worth.[Spent $12 buying hockey game chocolate bars] If everyone did what I did 85Million users turns into $170Million, that's pretty good money.
    I need to be in the sticker business.

Have advised my BBM contracts to buy lots of stickers, together we will push the income, and with it the share price.
    Me buying more shares is not moving the share price, but stickers and what comes after them should.
    04-03-14 05:16 PM
    So I received notice and updated my BBM last night, first thing that comes up is info about stickers
    I don't need them or liked the current available options (they will probably improve going forward)
    but in interest of financial support, hopefully mostly direct to BB I bought $2 worth.[Spent $12 buying hockey game chocolate bars] If everyone did what I did 85Million users turns into $170Million, that's pretty good money.

Have advised my BBM contracts to buy lots of stickers, together we will push the income, and with it the share price.
    Me buying more shares is not moving the share price, but stickers and what comes after them should.
    I was thinking the same thing when i purchased.
    04-03-14 05:42 PM

The vendors of stickers will take a cut?
    04-03-14 06:00 PM
    AT&T jumping on the opportunity.....

https://twitter.com/ATT/status/451821371484831744

Of course they are still on 10.1 so they might want to at least update their OS lol
    04-03-14 06:08 PM
    Not even a small clue? Something about date release? ;-) At least: 2014 or 2015?

Posted via CB10
    Before 2016
    04-03-14 06:15 PM
    I'm guessing that is because those are the only bbm revenue generators right now, right?

I have to admit I've been enjoying sending these big obnoxious stickers to friends.

• C00087C61 - Non Traditional Premed
    • C00039A66 - Van City Coffee, finding the best Lattes around our beautiful city
    • C00124663 - Vancouver WhitecapsFC - A supporter and Capo's perspective

Point is BlackBerry just introduced "inBBM" purchases.
    Stickers are just apetizers ... I'm sure there's much more to come. And I like it.
    bungaboy, rarsen and jxnb like this.
    04-03-14 06:20 PM
    Nice bbm article from Forbes

Though the headline seems to be misleading as the article has no substantiation to suggest that the stickers are selling, just that the downloads of bbm appear to have spiked with the update.

BlackBerry Gets Surprisingly Hot Early Sales With BBM Stickers - Forbes
    As nice as it sounds, I do wonder where the numbers are coming from. If you have taken a look at what has been made available, out of the four packages of stickers, the two that were most interesting were free, and the other two that sold for 1.99$ were so-so. I was going to buy some to encourage the sales, but could not even see one instance where I could use the stickers on sale. I then wonder who would have rushed to buy such packages, in a way that would be significant enough to allow BBM to raise in the rankings of monetized app, for which I actually wonder how that info would even be available.

Sent using my ? Z30
    04-03-14 06:47 PM
    OT: Follow up on the exchange between the ceo's of BATS and IEX:

BATS Admits CEO Lied About HFT On CNBC | Zero Hedge
    04-03-14 06:48 PM
    Thanks Bungaboy...I was going to throw some spec money at that in the morning but now...think I'll wait.
    ( NO, I'm Not procrastinating ...No, I don't have a prescription.)

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    04-03-14 07:05 PM
    OT: Follow up on the exchange between the ceo's of BATS and IEX:

BATS Admits CEO Lied About HFT On CNBC | Zero Hedge
    Anybody who watched that, who was a decent judge of character, knew that sleazeball O'Brien was lying! He would make a great politician!
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    04-03-14 07:09 PM
    Before 2016
    OH...COME ON.

Lol

04-03-14 07:09 PM
    Thanks Bungaboy...I was going to throw some spec money at that in the morning but now...think I'll wait.

Got any Cheezies man?
    Shanerredflag and sidhuk like this.
    04-03-14 07:10 PM

Had that happened when the stock was already trading, I have no doubt it would have caused a nice little drop. Since this is just coming out tomorrow, I still think it'll be good for a trade. My only concern is will it pop right out the gate and slide throughout the rest of the day into close.... That's a very real possibility.
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    04-03-14 07:34 PM
113,256 ... 25482549255025512552 ...