Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I am intrigued by this front page post on crackbery re: PayM
    UK opening up payments via mobile numbers this month | CrackBerry.com

This is a matrix of banks, smartphone types and carriers. Makes you wonder if registered users will be managed under one highly secure MDM system. Or could an MDM not even be required? It could get messy once hackers figure out some weakness.

Thoughts?
    04-02-14 11:25 AM
    Superbly I see your point.

The question is are there really so many conquest targets for BES10. So far from. What I have seen there is not so much traction here. Although I note it is still early days.

Just trying to be realistic about the whole thing.

Posted via CB10
    current competitors combined are roughly 1/3rd of BES customers. That's interesting.
    But EMM is a just born product yet I believe most companies will embrace it rather quickly.
    04-02-14 11:32 AM
    M+8. Peace out.....love it

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Ben, that is official PhD ligo!
    Word up. LOL
    04-02-14 11:36 AM
    Ben, that is official PhD ligo!
    Word up. LOL
    Back to finishing school for me
    04-02-14 11:57 AM
    I am intrigued by this front page post on crackbery re: PayM
    UK opening up payments via mobile numbers this month | CrackBerry.com

This is a matrix of banks, smartphone types and carriers. Makes you wonder if registered users will be managed under one highly secure MDM system. Or could an MDM not even be required? It could get messy once hackers figure out some weakness.

Thoughts?
    There is no MDM element to this nor really could there be.
    04-02-14 12:33 PM
    Surely, we will see some more added soon. It would take time to design and produce sports team stickers packs, but a Manchester United sticker pack, for example, would be massive. Many teams have huge worldwide support and having sticker packs for them would be a guaranteed success.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    As long as Moyes wasn't in the Man U pack, I'd buy it. Seems he gets a result only when they are about to sack him and then not again until next time.......
    04-02-14 12:35 PM
    In competition news, at BUILD, MSFT just made windows free for devices under 9" including phones - the new guy is very serious about mobile adoption - so now cheaper than Android (because you have to pay for google play via management fees and pretty much everyone who makes android has to pay MSFT a patent fee).

Oh and for Superfly - they also announced Windows IOT (Internet of things) edition.

In terms of where the new devices sit in competition with the z3 - new 630 - which is a quad core device is $150, the 4g version is $189.
    Last edited by cgk; 04-02-14 at 01:05 PM.
    timberdc likes this.
    04-02-14 12:44 PM
    GREEN almost all day!
    Mr BBRY and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-02-14 02:10 PM
    Same here, but substitute few days with few years in my case.
    Et moi aussi! LoL
    Superfly_FR and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-02-14 02:30 PM
    Same here, but substitute few days with few years in my case.
    Et moi aussi! LoL
    plasmid_boy, Corbu and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-02-14 02:36 PM
    Such a classy guy, this Mr. Legere...

Hours after the BlackBerry announcement, the T-Mobile chief again fired back via Twitter today, saying that “I can’t, for the life of me, understand why @BlackBerry would take choices away from customers.”

In one case, responding to one Twitter user who said he’d yet to see an estimate revision from T-Mobile “since BlackBerry fired them as a customer last night,” Mr. Legere was dismissive of the smartphone maker’s clout:

“Are you serious or joking? We value all customers but this is 1+ per cent of our base total and a small fraction of what we add quarterly.”
    BlackBerry 'fires' T-Mobile; U.S. carrier fires back - The Globe and Mail
    04-02-14 02:37 PM
    Et moi aussi! LoL
    One thing is for sure, we are one resilient bunch!
    04-02-14 02:44 PM
    Or just being stubborn.
    04-02-14 02:49 PM
    Yes. But, we have been called much worse by some visitors.

It is what it is. And I am in until the end. Guess that makes me a poet like "Longfellow"!
    Corbu, rarsen, Superfly_FR and 1 others like this.
    04-02-14 02:51 PM
    Or just being stubborn.
    Yup. A dash of that as well.
    04-02-14 02:52 PM
    GREEN, thanks for your support...get it....support. ...bhaaa

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    04-02-14 03:30 PM
    04-02-14 03:49 PM

Smart lady.

zyben, morganplus8, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    04-02-14 04:01 PM
    Thank you for being a loyal BlackBerry Customer - US

Our focus remains on you.
    We are regretfully ending our relationship with T-Mobile, which has been both a long-standing and positive one. This is an action we do not take lightly, and we are acting to protect the best interests of our customers. We hope to work with T-Mobile again in the future when our business strategies align.

BlackBerry� customers on the T-Mobile network should not see any difference in their service or support. BlackBerry will work closely with T-Mobile to provide the best possible customer service to any customer remaining on the T-Mobile US network or to any customer purchasing devices from T-Mobile’s existing inventory.

BlackBerry is also working closely with other carriers to provide consumers and business users with alternatives should they decide to transition to another carrier and remain with BlackBerry for their long-term device and service needs. We encourage you to visit these carriers for current offers on the latest BlackBerry devices.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-14 04:57 PM
    M+8. Peace out.....love it

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    The exact words came out of my mouth as I read this! Too funny! What a great group we have here! Peace out!

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-02-14 05:09 PM
    FWIW, the WSJ's take on the T-Mobile story...

BlackBerry Ltd.'s share of the U.S. smartphone market has fallen so far that its decision to sever ties with T-Mobile US Inc. likely won't have much of an effect on either company's bottom line. But the decision is a stark departure for BlackBerry, which in the past relied almost exclusively on carrier partners to do much of the heavy lifting in selling its phones.

BlackBerry said late Tuesday that it won't renew its licensing agreement with T-Mobile when it expires later this month, a surprise move that comes two months after the companies' chief executives sparred online, and six months after T-Mobile stopped selling BlackBerrys in its retail outlets.

BlackBerry's share of the U.S. smartphone market has dwindled to less than 1%, according to research firm IDC, from as high as 50% five years ago. When BlackBerrys were still selling well, the company depended on the marketing push from carriers to drive sales. It also relied on carriers for service fees, a lucrative extra charge BlackBerry levied on carriers to route a phone's traffic through its secure, proprietary network.

Last year, recognizing that carriers were no longer willing to pay those fees for phones that weren't as popular with customers, BlackBerry said it would start to wind down its service-fee arrangement. The move worried analysts and investors, who are still waiting to see whether or not the company can come up with a new way to make up for that lost revenue.

"Regretfully, at this time, our strategies are not complementary and we must act in the best interest of our BlackBerry customers," BlackBerry chief executive John Chen said in a statement Tuesday. "We hope to work with T-Mobile again in the future when our business strategies are aligned."

T-Mobile hasn't officially commented on the BlackBerry move, but Chief Executive John Legere was active on Twitter Wednesday.

"We value all customers but this is 1+% of our base total and a small fraction of what we add quarterly," he wrote in response to a post by BTIG analyst Walter Piecyk, who commented on Wall Street's lack of reaction to the news.

"I can't, for the life of me, understand why @BlackBerry would take choices away from customers," Mr. Legere wrote to another user.

In a separate message, he said that T-Mobile is "open to continuing to work" with BlackBerry. [...]
    http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-...02-711090.html
    rarsen and Shanerredflag like this.
    04-02-14 05:23 PM
    04-02-14 09:13 PM
    It's a shame they didn't include the Z30 in that deal.
    CDM76, zyben, morganplus8 and 1 others like this.
    04-02-14 09:43 PM
    I wonder if the C note discount is what Tmoe would have made...if they had a license to sell BlackBerry.

Which they don't

That's a good one JC

cjcampbell, CDM76, zyben and 2 others like this.
    04-02-14 09:48 PM
    When BlackBerry can afford it, they should really consider opening their own shops. It's obviously much easier to sell phones when all the staff are yours.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    Bigbacala likes this.
    04-03-14 03:09 AM
113,256 ... 25452546254725482549 ...