View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Here is a Poll on who won the debate. (Or as I like to phrase the question who ISN'T the loud mouth BSing arsehole)

Attachment 260102
    Thanks for showing who I voted for. LoL
    Too bad I couldn't put wwe HH sticker here.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-01-14 07:34 PM
    Hi kfh227,

From the following article:
    Tesla Model S to get app support and Chrome by late 2014 (video)
    ...noted that Tesla is "considering" an Android emulator that would take advantage of the car's Linux platform.
    04-01-14 08:04 PM
    http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-...01-916862.html

BlackBerry today announced that it will not renew the T-Mobile U.S., Inc. license to sell BlackBerry products when it expires on April 25, 2014.

BlackBerry customers on the T-Mobile network should not see any difference in their service or support. BlackBerry will work closely with T-Mobile to provide the best possible customer service to any customer remaining on the T-Mobile U.S. network or to any customer purchasing devices from T-Mobile’s existing inventory.

BlackBerry is also working closely with other carrier partners to provide consumers and business users with alternatives should they decide to transition to another carrier and remain with BlackBerry for their long-term device and service needs. For additional details, offers and assistance, business customers and consumers can go to http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones.html.

“BlackBerry has had a positive relationship with T-Mobile for many years. Regretfully, at this time, our strategies are not complementary and we must act in the best interest of our BlackBerry customers. We hope to work with T-Mobile again in the future when our business strategies are aligned,” said BlackBerry CEO and Executive Chair, John Chen. “We are deeply grateful to our loyal BlackBerry customers and will do everything in our power to provide continued support with your existing carrier or ensure a smooth transition to our other carrier partners.
    04-01-14 08:37 PM
    Waiting for the doom and gloom brigade to chime in. They are in fine voice these days!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    sidhuk, cjcampbell and bungaboy like this.
    04-01-14 10:08 PM
    Nice to see Chen end it and not the other way around.

• C00087C61 - Non Traditional Premed
    • C00039A66 - Van City Coffee, finding the best Lattes around our beautiful city
    • C00124663 - Vancouver WhitecapsFC - A supporter and Capo's perspective
    04-01-14 10:12 PM
    Waiting for the doom and gloom brigade to chime in. They are in fine voice these days!

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    Sheeeeeesh. They already got me in trouble/warning.
    Be careful.

bungaboy, CDM76 and bigbadben10 like this.
    04-01-14 10:18 PM
    As suspected. Some BS headlines
    T-Mobile will no longer carry BlackBerry devices http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/01/t...=rss_truncated

04-01-14 10:34 PM
    The whole content of the article is correct, but the headline makes it sound as though it was T-Mobile's initiative.

• C00087C61 - Non Traditional Premed
    • C00039A66 - Van City Coffee, finding the best Lattes around our beautiful city
    • C00124663 - Vancouver WhitecapsFC - A supporter and Capo's perspective
    04-01-14 10:39 PM
    Though, the rest of the newsfeed headlines have it right.

Perhaps BlackBerry is doing better controlling the message?
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    04-01-14 10:59 PM
    Reuters and Bloomberg is a lot more influential then endgadget lol

Though, the rest of the newsfeed headlines have it right.

Perhaps BlackBerry is doing better controlling the message?
    dusdal and CDM76 like this.
    04-02-14 01:17 AM
    Goog morning. I had a dream last night. I dreamed, the Blackberry "Classic" will be the ultimate hipster accessory this year. Because it's both, vintage and avant-garde. And Iphones and Droids are sooo mainstream. We will see hipster with beard, posing with a Blackberry everywhere... then I woke up.
    04-02-14 02:30 AM
    That is a weird press release - I would guess that T-mobile sales are so low, they think a bit of grand standing is better for the company image. I see EE in the uk has stopped selling bb10 to consumers (see front page) - so this might be the first stage in shaping a narrative that being reduced to selling only off their own site is a chosen rather than forced direction.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    Superfly_FR and rarsen like this.
    04-02-14 03:20 AM
    Goog morning. I had a dream last night. I dreamed, the Blackberry "Classic" will be the ultimate hipster accessory this year. Because it's both, vintage and avant-garde. And Iphones and Droids are sooo mainstream. We will see hipster with beard, posing with a Blackberry everywhere... then I woke up.
    This BlackBerry 'Classic' stuff is a big reason I'm a little less confident about things. I hope it's called the Q20 for goodness' sake. Who on earth wants a 'Classic' bit of technology? I reckon it will be a great device, but if only BlackBerry products didn't have to carry the burden of hopeless marketing on their shoulders so much of the time. I love the design of BlackBerry 10 marketing, but the message is awful in general.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    04-02-14 04:41 AM
    This thread used to be mostly positive in nature. (except pre-post ER LoL )

Lately it's seems to be more like a stitch-n-b!tch convention.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-oddball_says.jpg
    04-02-14 06:08 AM
    [...] selling only off their own site is a chosen rather than forced direction.
    In the interview of John Sims I quoted a few weeks ago, it was pretty clear. They're setting up channels accordingly to the new enterprise target. I'm not sure it means that the "Enterprise channel direct sales" entity will emerge as a complementary channel or replace the current situation, where carriers are the "man in the middle" for every enterprise sales.

Why should BlackBerry lower their margins in negociated ASP while the current amount of sales can be quite easilly managed internally ?
    I believe they shouldn't. At least for big orders.

Have a nice day gang !

edit/P.S : stay calm and everything's gonna be ok (abt this thread content)
    bungaboy, cgk, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    04-02-14 06:11 AM
    Scotiabank restated their sector perform rating on shares of BlackBerry (TSE:BB) in a report issued on Monday, Stock Ratings Network.com reports. They currently have a C$9.15 target price on the stock, up from their previous target price of C$8.40.
    04-02-14 06:18 AM
    slighty OT, about NFC and mobile payments.

As of today our "Cheque Restaurant" (subsidized corporate issued checks for food - VERY common and popular here) are officially dematerialized.
    This means (NFC) cards and mobile apps become the preferred method.
    (in FR : Titre-restaurant : la dématérialisation c'est maintenant !)
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-02-14 at 06:57 AM.
    04-02-14 06:18 AM
    slighty OT, about NFC and mobile payments.

As of today our "Cheque Restaurant" (subsidized corporate issued checks for food - VERY common and popular here) are officially dematerialized.
    This means (NFC) cards and mobile apps becomes the preferred method.
    (in FR : Titre-restaurant : la dématérialisation c'est maintenant !)
    Moving forward...nice.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    bungaboy, Superfly_FR and sidhuk like this.
    04-02-14 06:29 AM
    That is a weird press release - I would guess that T-mobile sales are so low, they think a bit of grand standing is better for the company image. I see EE in the uk has stopped selling bb10 to consumers (see front page) - so this might be the first stage in shaping a narrative that being reduced to selling only off their own site is a chosen rather than forced direction.

I know it's going to have a negative effect on the stock (and image) in the states but I applaud JC...evolution to "boutique" status?

04-02-14 06:37 AM
    I know it's going to have a negative effect on the stock (and image) in the states but I applaud JC...evolution to "boutique" status?

JC = Balls of Steel!
    04-02-14 06:56 AM
    And here we go for the aggressive EZpass BES10 trade-in campaign.
    Targets : Good, Mobile Iron, Airwatch, namely.
    Roar.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png

https://blackberry.secure.force.com/...S_EN_LAUNCH_UK
    04-02-14 07:04 AM
    Dad's reviews have the attention of BlackBerry :

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140402_060717.png

04-02-14 07:08 AM
    From the gossip column at the Glob & Fail.

Chen cuts off T-Mobile

Just about a month after a public spat between the two companies, BlackBerry Ltd. says it’s dumping T-Mobile US inc.

The Canadian smartphone maker said late yesterday it won’t renew T-Mobile’s licence to sell BlackBerry devices when that deal expires later this month.

In a short statement, BlackBerry gave no reason for the latest development.

But it follows a high-profile fight between BlackBerry and T-Mobile, after a promotion by the latter that encouraged some users of the smartphone to switch to Apple Inc.’s iPhone 5.

BlackBerry’s chief executive officer, John Chen, slammed T-Mobile, prompting his T-Mobile counterpart, John Legere, to fire back and needle Mr. Chen on Twitter.

Mr. Chen did not cite this when he announced he’s now cutting off T-Mobile, though he pledged the “best possible customer service” to BlackBerry users still on the U.S. wireless company’s network. Or, for that matter, anyone who buys a new BlackBerry from T-Mobile, which calls itself the “Un-carrier.”

“BlackBerry has had a positive relationship with T-Mobile for many years,” Mr. Chen said.

“Regretfully, at this time, our strategies are not complementary and we must act in the best interest of our BlackBerry customers,” added Mr. Chen, who has launched a turnaround at the Waterloo, Ont.-based company.

“We hope to work with T-Mobile again in the future when our business strategies are aligned.”

Fights between device manufacturers and wireless carriers are not uncommon, but a public war of words like this one is rare.

After the fight began, Mr. Chen took T-Mobile to task on the company’s blog over the offer, displaying his fury.

Loyal BlackBerry fans also lashed out, prompting a new promotion from the carrier, which offered BlackBerry users a credit if they wanted to trade in for a different smartphone, including a BlackBerry.

BlackBerry would not comment this morning beyond the statement.

But a source close to the company said much of this is about which carriers Mr. Chen is targetting.

Remember, that when this fight broke out publicly he said he would put his efforts on strengthening BlackBerry’s relationships with its two biggest connections, Verizon and AT&T.

That’s no small matter, because money and resources go into those relationships.

Add to that, the source said, the dissatisfaction at BlackBerry over the resolution of the public tussle, or lack thereof.

And, of course, the fact that “respect matters to John, loyalty matters to John.”

And while no one is saying this, it’s not necessarily a question of Mr. Chen escalating the battle, but instead may well be a case of the spunky CEO getting out in front of the divorce, with his own message, before any comments from Mr. Legere, who was silent on Twitter last night and this morning.

BlackBerry shares were little changed in premarket action, up just slightly about an hour before the Nasdaq open. There was no action in shares of T-Mobile.

04-02-14 07:48 AM
    From the gossip column at the Glob & Fail.
    That's actually not a bad article.
    The other spin in this could have been, "BlackBerry loosing carrier support".

Posted via CB10
    04-02-14 08:11 AM
    That's actually not a bad article.
    The other spin in this could have been, "BlackBerry loosing carrier support".

Posted via CB10
    Yabut the Headline writers haven't got their hands on it yet. It is still in blog form.
    sidhuk, plasmid_boy and zyben like this.
    04-02-14 08:29 AM
113,250 ... 25432544254525462547 ...