View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Will depend if they are holding off upgrades and thus 'pent up demand' knowing what the price point is going to be. Indonesia used to be BB crazy, then decided BBOS7 not worth it vs cheap android, and Z10 too high a price point. I think the tides will turn back. BB10 will be seen as a premium phone vs cheaper android. Enough people will try it to know it is MUCH better than a cheap android device, and word will spread how awesome this $200 phone really is, with good battery life and good screen and non lagging OS.
    wrong..

in indonesia people appreciate BBOS 7 more than BB10. most people think BB10 is not worth it because it doesnt have lot of apps in it...BBOS 7 have more popular apps than BB10 in indonesia

in indonesia it is about the lifestyle and apps when choosing smartphone....apps like instagram, path, Line naver/kakaotalk is a must have application + large selection of local apps not available in BB10...and android/iPhone are becoming the new trend lifestyle in indonesia market...rich people bought samsung galaxy flagship and iPhone while the middle income and lower income will choose mid to low end android phone
    03-31-14 10:35 AM
    As long as confident shorts are here. This stock will never trade based on fundamentals. Company needs to find a way to get rid of the shorts.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    They need to drop huge totally unsuspected news. They are all piling back in now bc they know there isnt any catalyst or news pendings for the next couple of months.
    bizzarothor likes this.
    03-31-14 10:39 AM
    one thing i always remember dont put your egg into one basket...

everyone have different strategy when trading stock....for me, i always set a limit how much money i am willing to invest in one company.

if i hit the maximum limit i just leave it be and spend the money to invest to other stock...
    My profile slightly changed lately. I now have a more mixed one, where BBRY only weights 15-20 %. Most of this "managed mix" is in the 5 to 35% profit range. Question is: where do I put this gains.
    Kinda "disclaimer".
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-31-14 at 10:53 AM.
    03-31-14 10:43 AM
    A Z10 at $300 is far higher quality than any $200 outright android device. When the Z3 comes in under 200 with a 720P screen, it be become blackberry's best selling BB10 device ever. (Not that that says a lot, just that it will sell pretty decently.)
    Rumors are pointing towards the Z3 having a 540p screen.
    03-31-14 10:46 AM
    At the same times. The stock price and work in progress are two different animals. This SP can hover anywhere between $7 to 12 but the work in progress stays the same. IMO JC is doing much better than previous management's in terms of market sentiments. Not gonna bad mouth the OS or current work in progress just cause SP is not working in my favor in short terms. This a company which suppose to go out of business few years ago.
    I am here to stay long and I knew the risks.

03-31-14 10:48 AM
    They need to drop huge totally unsuspected news. They are all piling back in now bc they know there isnt any catalyst or news pendings for the next couple of months.
    I believed this when I was a shareholder and still believe it today...BlackBerry caused irreparable damage when it put itself "up for sale". Whatever momentum they had, whatever image they had repaired at the time, they destroyed it. They could have easily accomplished what they have done until now without the need to say "we're up for sale". I maintain, that in the end, BlackBerry will be sold and Prem will get his ROI. He held the cards then and he's holding the cards now.
    03-31-14 10:50 AM
    Lol...down less than 2% now.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    03-31-14 10:53 AM
    wasn't that 7.5 a few weeks back ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    bizzarothor likes this.
    03-31-14 10:55 AM
    1M Z10 in many countries vs 1M in one country where they don't sell a lot of smartphones (as a % of population).

We are talking one country where I believe they sell 15M phones per year (still not sure if that stat is right).

1M in indonesia in one month will tell a big story (even 500K would be great for one month). Then it spreads out across SE Asia ...and Africa. Then LTE model for ROW.
    Z3 will sell well. The mistake made for last 5 years is over priced phones including BB10 phones. First get them out at reasonable price like Nokia/Anroid phones to establish the market share enough to get more apps such as Netflix. Then release high end phones with premium price. Currently BB still thinks that the brand is super cool that people will high price for them. Out of the reality touch
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-31-14 10:55 AM
    One downgrade by Credit Suisse as well as two upgrades (Canaccord and Needham). Guess which one the market and its cronies prefers? It's not even funny...
    No wonder, seeing as the kind of questions the Credit Suisse analyst asked during the Conference Call... You know they did not like the situation based on that question alone.
    Last edited by bizzarothor; 03-31-14 at 11:13 AM.
    Superfly_FR and sidhuk like this.
    03-31-14 10:57 AM
    Didn't Heins say the same thing?
    Well, he clearly (you know I liked this guy(s)) evoked it and set the fundamentals.
    Now Chen's approach is more aggressive : "I want to be the leader in the M2M world". Nothing less. Big commitment !
    bizzarothor, sidhuk and jxnb like this.
    My profile slightly changed lately, as I had the (miss)fortune to get my father's portfolio. I now have a more mixed one, where BBRY only weights 15-20 %. Must say he was a wise guy, as most of his "managed mix" are in the 5 to 35% profit range. Question is: where do I put this gains.
    if you think you still not hitting the maximum limit per stock...it is your decision if you want to average down your BBRY shares...for me the key is know how to stop. either just leave it be...or take a painfull cutloss if you cant see the companies future

while the gains is depend on the company you invest....if you see bright future you can hold for a long time...
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    The real estate sales will have little effect. At best, it buys BBRY another quarter of cash to burn, but costs them in the long run. I wonder what the RE is on the books for and what depreciation and expenses have gone with it.
    One or two extra quarter's worth of cash burn may be the difference between life and death for BBRY hence the logic behind the move.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-31-14 11:03 AM
    At the same times. The stock price and work in progress are two different animals. This SP can hover anywhere between $7 to 12 but the work in progress stays the same. IMO JC is doing much better than previous management's in terms of market sentiments. Not gonna bad mouth the OS or current work in progress just cause SP is not working in my favor in short terms. This a company which suppose to go out of business few years ago.
    I am here to stay long and I knew the risks.

but JC having much more problem than TH....
    * they are losing carrier, retailer, partner support
    * money being burned fast
    * BBM active user are not growing as people expected
    * their phone sales are under analyst estimate
    * many company still refuse upgrade to BES
    * Chen next big thing for BB only BES12 and outdated BBOS and Z3, Q20 phone that will took months to come while when TH being a CEO many people put their hope to BB new platform BB10

fundamentaly BB still in poor condition....they have improve their profit margin but their eps is minus, ROE is minus, their book value are decreasing, and they took a debt..while if im not mistaken when TH took helm BB still record a profit ? (even if it is declining)
    03-31-14 11:11 AM
    I believed this when I was a shareholder and still believe it today...BlackBerry caused irreparable damage when it put itself "up for sale". Whatever momentum they had, whatever image they had repaired at the time, they destroyed it. They could have easily accomplished what they have done until now without the need to say "we're up for sale". I maintain, that in the end, BlackBerry will be sold and Prem will get his ROI. He held the cards then and he's holding the cards now.
    Agreed it caused irreparable damage, which will be hard to overcome, but I am not sure they had a choice at that point, they already had been at "options internally" in a discrete manner for over a year when they did went public with the news, and the spikes in the sp at that point forced the SEC to ask BBRY to come clean. Clearly, there were insiders who knew and leaked that information. Seeing the way Chen is after "handset leaks" just confirms that this trend of leaking info was well established internally. Only a fool would think it only applied to handsets though.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-31-14 11:11 AM
    One or two extra quarter's worth of cash burn may be the difference between life and death for BBRY hence the logic behind the move.
    If they can not turn back the "cash burn" in the next couple of quarters, nothing will matter for BBRY anymore.

It is going to be very hard
    bizzarothor likes this.
    03-31-14 11:15 AM
    BBM not growing is tough. I'm in the US and we are all iPhones here, so everyone uses imessage. No one is going to shift to bbm as the advantages are minor. Glympse is a pretty cool feature though.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 11:17 AM
    For our marketer friends (me:elite to:French BlackBerry P.R) : about the extremely well done "dad done" re-review of Z30 + 10.2.1

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-capture.png
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-31-14 at 11:30 AM.
    03-31-14 11:18 AM
    Hey, Leafs --

You're right. Heins did talk about IoT, too. Many people have been talking about it. However, what strikes me about the video that Corbu posted is how J. Chen is literally "at the table" and in the thick of it among top tech thought/business leaders -- being an essential part of the conversation, moving the conversation along, certainly looking for synergies that will be absolutely necessary for any players who will succeed in IoT. I found myself listening not just to the words, but also very deeply taking in the context. Speaks volumes.

Didn't Heins say the same thing?
    03-31-14 11:25 AM
    If they can not turn back the "cash burn" in the next couple of quarters, nothing will matter for BBRY anymore.

It is going to be very hard
    Agreed, but the perception may be that with an extra 700 mil for the sale of RE added to their cash , BBRY is still alive. That perception helps the General public to also make a conscious decision to buy a BBRY phone. People are now asking "what will happen if BBRY goes out of business and I have bought their phone? It is a real concern when people are asking that kind of question. No wonder they have a hard time increasing sales. Hopefully the Z3 helps with the sales, but who knows, so many variables ...
    03-31-14 11:31 AM
    OT, who's read "A random walk down Wall Street?"

I am in the middle of it... Interesting read, but you need to balance it out with other perspectives. Any suggestions?
    03-31-14 11:35 AM
    Agreed, but the perception may be that with an extra 700 mil for the sale of RE added to their cash , BBRY is still alive. That perception helps the General public to also make a conscious decision to buy a BBRY phone. People are now asking "what will happen if BBRY goes out of business and I have bought their phone? It is a real concern when people are asking that kind of question. No wonder they have a hard time increasing sales. Hopefully the Z3 helps with the sales, but who knows, so many variables ...
    I recently had the following reflexion (to:myself) :
    "If people who refrained from buying a BlackBerry device in the 2012s because of doom and gloom articles - predicting BlackBerry's end by the next quarter - had bought one, not only the legacy fleet would have been greater, but probably the BB10 launch far much louder".
    What I mean is we don't really care where the cash comes from, point is they need it to "execute" (quoted, as it is Chen's mantra) fast enough ...
    sidhuk, jfguay2 and bungaboy like this.
    03-31-14 11:40 AM
    I think the m2m space is ideal for bbry. The challenge is I don't see them playing there. Check out the www.iiconsortium.org site for an example.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 11:56 AM
    Lol, have fun gang.
    Off to the gym

bungaboy likes this.
    03-31-14 12:01 PM
    The answer is that all those phones were launched into an utterly toxic environment, with no effective marketing at all, and at absurd price points considering the situation. It wasn't the quality of the phones.

The Z3 will sell much better, if only because the BlackBerry is dead stuff is dying off considerably. Without some half decent marketing, it will still sell poorly, but, again, it wasn't the phones; it was the huge negative pressure on the brand and nothing from BlackBerry educating people on why they should give a damn.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    You two bloaks make good points here, but I feel that you both overlooked (what I believe) a main point of failure: the OS.

I returned 3 Z10's since first launch, thinking that I had hardware issues. Each replacement failed with various problems.
    Long story short, turned out to be OS related, as the last Z10 I kept, while updating with both carrier and leaked files. The problems started disappearing with each update.
    Today, my Z10 runs as good as my Z30, BUT, I still encounter quirky things that tick me off.

Summary to my point is that until BlackBerry gets the bb10 OS to be as solid and feature-rich as my 9900 'legacy' OS, folks will continue to try the phones out, and return them in frustration. I can't tell you how many times I have heard, and even seen this happen.
    THAT is the main problem that I see with bb10.

Oh yeah, my bb10 browser is lightning fast! Too bad I can't load-up all the videos that my 'other' phone can... Still waiting BlackBerry....

Sorry to be a downer fellas, just a bit pissed, with all the current goings on with SP.

On a lighter note, my PlayBook just got a 177Mb update. Wonder what it involves(?)
    georg4BB likes this.
    03-31-14 12:25 PM
113,252 ... 25392540254125422543 ...