View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Who gives a crap either way about those sort of review based/voting charts? If we went off that sort of thing, everyone here would own a WebOS phone and Palm would be the world's largest mobile company.
    03-31-14 04:40 AM
    Who gives a crap either way about those sort of review based/voting charts? If we went off that sort of thing, everyone here would own a WebOS phone and Palm would be the world's largest mobile company.
    What if a Blackberry phone was in the top ten?
    03-31-14 06:00 AM
    What if a Blackberry phone was in the top ten?
    What if it was? Who cares? I have never seen a relationship between this sort of thing and sales - 'we won an online poll' is the refuge of the desperate - this is what webosnation used to be like towards the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-31-14 06:05 AM
    What if it was? Who cares? I have never seen a relationship between this sort of thing and sales - 'we won an online poll' is the refuge of the desperate - this is what webosnation used to be like towards the end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    What ever you say, and whatever happened in the past, this is still part of what shapes the overall perception of BBRY phones out there. Every little bit counts, especially during demanding times. The fact that webosnation may have also realized the value of every little bit at some point proves nothing.

Sent using my ? Z30
    03-31-14 06:13 AM
    "One swallow does not a summer make, nor one fine day; similarly one day or brief time of happiness does not make a person entirely happy."
    -Aristotle

I don't think sales are the issue being discussed. Online polls, reviews and top ten lists are indicative of how BBRY is being perceived by the consumer mind. The fact that it continues to get press is essential to it remaining viable. If if ever died out of the spotlight completely it would have lost any sense of relevance.

However, in this new e-money era, the need for strong digital security is something that will never go out of fashion.

I'd like to see BBRY pivot into IBM's space and start delivering secure point-of-sale solutions to enterprise though touch-based devices. There would be mutual benefit from a partnership with a company like Target, who's recent breach is going to cost them in the public eye unless they reinvest in securing their infrastructure. BBRY has started their new trend with the TimmyMe app and RBC's new mobile wallet for the phone, but eventually they should think about offering ultra-secure replacements for the back-end infrastructure as well.
    03-31-14 06:35 AM
    What ever you say, and whatever happened in the past, this is still part of what shapes the overall perception of BBRY phones out there. Every little bit counts, especially during demanding times. The fact that webosnation may have also realized the value of every little bit at some point proves nothing.

Sent using my ? Z30
    Except it doesn't help in the slightest - HTC found that one with it's amazingly well-received and reviewed one - the only significant fact is someone agreeing (Chen) for many hundreds of millions in advertising and marketing, nothing else matters without that - the phone, the ecosystem, the greart OS - it's all irrelevant without that sort of spend - you aren't even in the game without it.

Online polls, reviews and top ten lists are indicative of how BBRY is being perceived by the consumer mind.
    I don't think they are - take the recent z30 win - it is just indicative of hardcore fans with nothing better to do, it tells us nothing about the Z30 and general consumer preference.
    03-31-14 06:50 AM
    I don't think they are - take the recent z30 win - it is just indicative of hardcore fans with nothing better to do, it tells us nothing about the Z30 and general consumer preference.
    CGK, you can't possibly write that seriously.
    You'll never make a lemon win, moreover when forces in presence (I mean hardcore fans) are on a 1 (BB) to 50 or more (Android) basis.

As a result of this well relayed challenge, if you screen articles about the Z30, it appears that there are several ones (see above, for instance) that are re-considering the jugment they made - mostly based on lack of apps = irrelevant - and turned out to be positive. These (customers) opinion pieces are extremely useful, at least to gain some visibility and/or decide opinion makers to review the device/OS again.
    P.S: At no cost.
    georg4BB, sidhuk, jfguay2 and 2 others like this.
    03-31-14 07:26 AM
    Except it doesn't help in the slightest - HTC found that one with it's amazingly well-received and reviewed one - the only significant fact is someone agreeing (Chen) for many hundreds of millions in advertising and marketing, nothing else matters without that - the phone, the ecosystem, the greart OS - it's all irrelevant without that sort of spend - you aren't even in the game without it.

Where you spend the money is as important as how you spend it.

BB10 isn't gaining traction as a platform in 'The West'. To the mass market it appears to have stagnated and then the comparisons to companies like Palm come creeping in.

However, the Z30 win isn't necessairly indicative of hardcore fanaticism. There is an increasing awareness that the Z30 isn't just a solid phone, it's a best-in-class. Clearest audio in a phone, fastest browser, exceptional battery life, etc. BBRY produced a quality phone with the Z30.

The Z3 brings the software platform itself down to the lowest price point possible. This is where the platform has to go to gain traction (ie: sales). Once the platform is shown to have gained acceptance, only then will Chen be seen as having turned the ship around. While software revenues are obviously the future, the market wants to see the platform on more devices first. The Z10 launch was meant to compete on Apple's quality standards in North America. The Z30 shows where that quality is heading. The Z3 launch will be to compete more on Android's terms in Samsung's backyard. Device ubiquity is what secures the longevity of a platform.

Put it this way... they have to sell at least 2 million Z3s in the next quarter for the phone to be successful. If they sell twice that number they will have exceeded their sales for the previous quarter. It seems like that might be a lot of phones to sell, but these are going for a fraction of what the Z10 was launched at and will have a substantially better app situation than the Z10 did.

If the Z3 doesn't sell at least 2 million phones in this quarter, I'll shave off my beard.
    03-31-14 07:33 AM
    Needham & Company upgraded BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) from Underperform to Hold.

Analyst Charlie Wolf upgrade the stock for two reasons: "First, John Chen, the new CEO, seems to have brought adult supervision to the company. Second, we see potential for a meaningful upgrade cycle in the company’s installed base later this year when BlackBerry introduces its new "Classic" business smartphone."
    03-31-14 07:38 AM
    Where you spend the money is as important as how you spend it.

BB10 isn't gaining traction as a platform in 'The West'. To the mass market it appears to have stagnated and then the comparisons to companies like Palm come creeping in.

However, the Z30 win isn't necessairly indicative of hardcore fanaticism. There is an increasing awareness that the Z30 isn't just a solid phone, it's a best-in-class. Clearest audio in a phone, fastest browser, exceptional battery life, etc. BBRY produced a quality phone with the Z30.

The Z3 brings the software platform itself down to the lowest price point possible. This is where the platform has to go to gain traction (ie: sales). Once the platform is shown to have gained acceptance, only then will Chen be seen as having turned the ship around. While software revenues are obviously the future, the market wants to see the platform on more devices first. The Z10 launch was meant to compete on Apple's quality standards in North America. The Z30 shows where that quality is heading. The Z3 launch will be to compete more on Android's terms in Samsung's backyard. Device ubiquity is what secures the longevity of a platform.

Put it this way... they have to sell at least 2 million Z3s in the next quarter for the phone to be successful. If they sell twice that number they will have exceeded their sales for the previous quarter. It seems like that might be a lot of phones to sell, but these are going for a fraction of what the Z10 was launched at and will have a substantially better app situation than the Z10 did.

If the Z3 doesn't sell at least 2 million phones in this quarter, I'll shave off my beard.
    I completely agree with every word of that - the problem is that both the where and how are constrained by the "how much" - going off what we know about companies like HTC and Nokia - to get to 2 million, they would need to be spending in excess of $100 million maybe more in that region - I'm not even sure BBRY spends a quarter of that globally anymore (anyone got a specific dollar figure?)
    03-31-14 07:46 AM
    Kantar numbers.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-screen-shot-2014-03-31-12-30-20.png
    cgk and La Emperor like this.
    03-31-14 08:11 AM
    Kantar numbers.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen-shot-2014-03-31-at-12-30-20.png 
Views:	710 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	259750
    Android and Windows appear to be eating Apple's Pie.
    03-31-14 08:23 AM
    Speaking of positive reviews and polls, remember this guy, he's done an updated Z30 review...check it out here:
    http://berryflow.com/2014/03/daddoes...-using-10-2-1/

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    03-31-14 08:25 AM
    I don't know anyone who uses window phone or know anyone that has talked about windows phone .

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and bungaboy like this.
    03-31-14 08:29 AM
    Canaccord Genuity analyst T. Michael Walkley boosted his price target on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) from $6 to $8 following Q4 results based on a sum-of-parts analysis.

Walkley notes February quarter results were soft. However, a better services versus hardware revenue mix and significantly lower operating expenses versus our estimates resulted in a non-GAAP loss of $(0.08), above their $(0.55) estimate. "While we remain impressed with BlackBerry’s execution on its cost reduction initiatives, we believe the new management’s long-term plans are still in early stages of execution with limited near-term sales visibility, and we anticipate BlackBerry will continue to post operating losses through F2015. We anticipate gradually improving trends following the BES12 launch in November and believe BlackBerry could achieve break-even results exiting F2016," the analyst said.

He added, "While we believe BlackBerry’s balance sheet and $2.7B in gross cash buy time for CEO John Chen to implement his new strategies, we believe the shares reflect a more stable company and maintain our HOLD rating."

The firm raised FY 20015 EPS from ($0.73) to ($0.40).
    jxnb, rarsen, bungaboy and 1 others like this.
    03-31-14 08:33 AM
    I don't know anyone who uses window phone or know anyone that has talked about windows phone .

Posted via CB10
    I see increasing numbers when I visit enterprise clients - the 52X series is cheap and people seem to handing them out like sweets.
    03-31-14 08:33 AM
    Well this stock is complete garbage and controlled
    03-31-14 08:35 AM
    OT...HALO is a rocket this morning.

Corbu and bungaboy like this.
    03-31-14 08:39 AM
    Wow...cough, has hell frozen over? Cough cough

03-31-14 08:42 AM
    Android particularly gaining ground because of the Moto G which is priced incredibly well in Europe and N. America. As comparison, Moto G is priced $150-200 outright in Canada and I think the US, while the Q5 is available for $350 from the BlackBerry store directly. The Q5 pricing is just insane.
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    03-31-14 08:48 AM
    Android particularly gaining ground because of the Moto G which is priced incredibly well in Europe and N. America. As comparison, Moto G is priced $150-200 outright in Canada and I think the US, while the Q5 is available for $350 from the BlackBerry store directly. The Q5 pricing is just insane.
    In Europe, we are also starting to see sub-$150 4G devices as well on android, so I expect to see them taking more and more share.
    03-31-14 08:51 AM
    Analysts are revisiting z30 and admitting that it is a good phone. Only excuses they got left are "not cool enough" "I want netflix" etc. Plus all that talk is a free advertising which is very crucial at this time for BlackBerry.
    IMO, these kind of reviews do make some people to try z30 who are on border lined bias. If those reviews convert 100k to bb10 then it is 10% increase for bb10.
    I have voted for z30 as a best phone because it is.
    Android is winning because of cheap price.
    Apple is because they led the market with "next big thing in hardware ".
    Now a days, not much left to compete in the hardware side.
    Blackberry has almost down sized it's expenses. All it needs 5% of the world market share to reward it's share holders. They need one hit phone to achieve that. Just like a movie. Software is ready to compete, hardware pieces are almost available at the discounted price through foxcon to put it all together.
    Blackberry has enough cash to reach that 5% market share in phones.
    Plus BBM and EBBM
    Plus machine to machine
    QNX is blackberry's android with cheap price but reliable.
    Security. Because it is time bomb, the day it explodes, that's the day people realize how important it is (target). BlackBerry is best in the business.
    BES 12 which will take over very large os7 customer base.
    Plus there are few more important irons in the fire which blackberry is working on. People love underdog stories. But they only start supporting underdog if it shows fighting spirit and see that underdog has a chance. Majority people do not have the balls to take the chance where they could be wrong, cause every one loves to be right. They even leave their busy schedule and come here and question any positive reviews of blackberry. Not sure how a positive review could hurt any company? Having another choice in technology sector not gonna hurt any one?

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    03-31-14 08:55 AM
    Im out , this stock has no resistance left. From 10.50 to in the 7's for no good reason
    03-31-14 09:03 AM
    Im out , this stock has no resistance left. From 10.50 to in the 7's for no good reason
    No good reason to buy BBRY now. Falling revenue/sales/subs, stalled BBMx uptake, Co telling us to wait to BES12 are all legitimate reasons to wait to buy.

Hope, which I have for BBRY, is just not a great investment strategy, but is really all that Chen is offering right now. You can look and see possibilities and chances to succeed and movement in the right direction and finally, finally some action and execution, but to an objective investor, I don't see why they would buy right now. Add Prem's $10 conversion and your upside also has limits so the risk/reward is capped.
    03-31-14 09:09 AM
    Ouch! How did we just fall under $8? I don't understand it, but I'm buying more...

Posted via CB10
    03-31-14 09:10 AM
113,256 ... 25372538253925402541 ...