Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    _dimi_!

We think alike [...] I'll stop here!!
    Awesome post, Morgan, per usual! Many thanks.
    03-30-14 02:02 PM
    LoL, seems like they are sending 100 units on demand to India or what? as long as they are in the news in India people will notice. if that country catches up to blackberries it alone should cover a lots of ground.
    I must add that z3 would be less than RS. 12,000 suggested retail verses z10's current sale price of RS 17,900. now that will be an interesting game. cant wait.
    zyben, jxnb, bungaboy and 4 others like this.
    03-30-14 02:11 PM
    Morgan!

Thank you for your "breath of fresh air" response! My sentiment is 100% on your side with regards to the quarterly results and the direction of this company. The way the market sold off this stock on Friday was disheartening and worrisome to say the least, but your explanation was very insightful and reassuring. It seems the consensus of many of us here is that we saw clear signs of stabilizing and progress, but the market isn't yet convinced. I agree the next two quarters will change that. There are too many areas of potential to drive future profitability for this new lean and mean company with a stellar balance sheet. John Chen gets it. We get it.

Personally, I'd love to buy more shares at this level, but I've reached as deep as possible already and have been holding for quite some time. I hope that rally starts sooner than later so I don't have to be tempted for much longer.

Posted via CB10

MR BBRY sir!!! Thanks for your comments!!

I did forget to mention one more thing that was a negative for me, that is the evolution of BES12 over BES10. I like everything about BES12, don't get me wrong, but in this cut throat world of business, you sell what you have NOW and promote what you'll have later. They needed to stick to the program which is BES 10.2 and sell the heck out of that product. BES12 is light years away in technology and I don't appreciate introducing a topic that isn't available for another 6 months. When they throw information like BES12 out there, it's a sign of desperation on their part. I don't know how others feel about that but it is a negative in as much as it stalls purchases. They need to get BB 10.3 out to the masses, continue to improve that OS, get video out to the masses on BBM-X and sell product. Below $ 9.00/shr though, I like the investment a great deal. I will continue to trade the spikes until I see the last shoe drop on improvements. GL
    cgk, Corbu, Mr BBRY and 11 others like this.
    03-30-14 02:12 PM
    Thanks Morgan. I really appreciate your input to this thread.

Posted by the indomitable Zed Ten.
    Mr BBRY and morganplus8 like this.
    03-30-14 02:21 PM
    03-30-14 02:22 PM
    this is the gap though - so far we have heard:

"The z10 will retain/convert people who want an touchscreen experience" - it didn't

"Ok old-timers want a proper keyboard, the q10 will be for them and will retain/convert" - it didn't

"OK, the z30 as a flagship will pull them in" - it hasn't.

So really I'm not sure why any of those new phones will be anymore successful? It's arguable that the z3 might be because of price but I still think at this stage of the game it's a long-shot.
    The answer is that all those phones were launched into an utterly toxic environment, with no effective marketing at all, and at absurd price points considering the situation. It wasn't the quality of the phones.

The Z3 will sell much better, if only because the BlackBerry is dead stuff is dying off considerably. Without some half decent marketing, it will still sell poorly, but, again, it wasn't the phones; it was the huge negative pressure on the brand and nothing from BlackBerry educating people on why they should give a damn.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    03-30-14 02:35 PM
    In case you have Mac?
    http://gizmodo.com/dont-buy-plane-ti...full+(Gizmodo)

On the side note. Tried 10.3 browser bar file on 10.2.1.
    It is super fast, faster than already fast bb10 browser. (don't forget to restart the phone after installation).
    If that's the signs for things to come then I am looking forward to OS 10.3.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    03-30-14 05:40 PM
    Morgan,

I agree with you on a lot of what you say.

I do t think cash flow is an issue for the company now.

My main issue is everything that we need to get this moving now, Q20 bes12 etc, is coming in november.

This is a big problem imo. There will be clients who have deadlines and need to move on decisions.

Thinking about it this is probably why they have increased the life of bb7 as a transition, but it doesn't help the image of bb10.

Hmmmm... they need to move real fast now.

What are your thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 likes this.
    03-30-14 05:48 PM
    MR BBRY sir!!! Thanks for your comments!!

I did forget to mention one more thing that was a negative for me, that is the evolution of BES12 over BES10. I like everything about BES12, don't get me wrong, but in this cut throat world of business, you sell what you have NOW and promote what you'll have later. They needed to stick to the program which is BES 10.2 and sell the heck out of that product. BES12 is light years away in technology and I don't appreciate introducing a topic that isn't available for another 6 months. When they throw information like BES12 out there, it's a sign of desperation on their part. I don't know how others feel about that but it is a negative in as much as it stalls purchases. They need to get BB 10.3 out to the masses, continue to improve that OS, get video out to the masses on BBM-X and sell product. Below $ 9.00/shr though, I like the investment a great deal. I will continue to trade the spikes until I see the last shoe drop on improvements. GL
    Morgan, you get some good point here. However, it all depends on the way how the marketing team attracts the clients. One simple way to sell the BB10.2 is to tell the clients that they can install the BES10.2 now then get a free upgrade to BES12 when it becomes available.
    jfguay2 likes this.
    03-30-14 05:59 PM
    Interesting . . . but old news to most of us.

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-world-leaders-phones-1.jpg

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-your-phone-being-wiretapped_webreignited1.jpg
    03-30-14 06:16 PM
    Z3 should sell surprisingly well at less than USD $200 per device. The rollout has to be quicker. HTC One (M8) will probably sell as well HTC One (M7). But HTC will continue to lose money. Having the best looking Android phone means nothing. Both Apple and Samsung spend 5x more on marketing than HTC.

Android rules because of cheap plastic smartphones like mid-market phones from Samsung, Huawei and LG . Right now the fastest growing markets are in Asia where $150 to $250 phones sell well. iPhone 5C is not getting any traction that Apple desired because it's overpriced in Asia.

Neverthelss, Z3 should sell well in Indonesia launch....
    dont hope to much....

last quarter BB position in indonesia smartphone marketshare drop to 6th position (according to IDC) behind samsung , andromax, lenovo,oppo, sony. while the previous quarter they still hold 3rd position

samsung outsell BB almost 8 to 1 . in here android is the latest trend

iPhone maybe not a big player in indonesia and many emerging market, but iPhone brand awareness as a premium phone is huge...that is why iPhone 4 8GB still popular even if they sell it much more expensive than other, in indonesia they sell iPhone 4 8GB for $350 while iPhone 5S around $900
    03-30-14 06:27 PM
    Best Smart phone by Time magazine. Guess which one?
    http://time.com/39644/the-10-best-sm...-named-iphone/
    http://utbblogs.com/blackberry/time-...en-smartphone/
    03-30-14 07:27 PM
    this is the gap though - so far we have heard:

"The z10 will retain/convert people who want an touchscreen experience" - it didn't

"Ok old-timers want a proper keyboard, the q10 will be for them and will retain/convert" - it didn't

"OK, the z30 as a flagship will pull them in" - it hasn't.

So really I'm not sure why any of those new phones will be anymore successful? It's arguable that the z3 might be because of price but I still think at this stage of the game it's a long-shot.
    It ALL depends on BlackBerry. If they market it... it will sell. if they don't..... it will flop. ball is in their court. And we need Apple style marketing not stereotypical BlackBerry marketing.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-30-14 08:55 PM
    Slightly OT but a nice follow-up review of the Z30.

Thanks to BerryFlow.

sidhuk, tatail, zyben and 6 others like this.
    03-30-14 09:10 PM
    Slightly OT but a nice follow-up review of the Z30.

Thanks to BerryFlow.

One of the best that I have seen.
    Thanks.

Corbu, tatail, zyben and 2 others like this.
    03-30-14 09:46 PM
    And another positive Z30 review!

From USA TODAY.

Not perfect... but we are making some progress!

Again, through BerryFlow. Thanks.

http://www.usatoday.com/videos/tech/...03/28/7010463/
    03-30-14 10:22 PM
    One more time. The best phone wins.
    http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/03...obile-madness/

Good night Gang.

Last edited by sidhuk; 03-30-14 at 10:44 PM.
    bungaboy, rarsen and CDM76 like this.
    03-30-14 10:23 PM
    Morgan, how are you feeling after the quarterly results? I'm pretty worried about their service revenue.. It's falling and apparently Enterprise only represents 20% of what's left. Also the fact that they're just lining up their sales forces..

Posted via CB10
    Lots of people saying why sell bb7 or more of legacy devices but those BB7 devices is the reason BB is still around. BIS/BES revenue model has been very innovative and we should be happy that mixed devices keep BB floating. Now comes to Service revenue as long as few millions BB7 devices active we are good. That seems to be case in Africa, governments so we are good for now. BES10 will also bring some $$s as more and more customers transition to BB10/12.

Also the reason bb10 does not sell well is price. why would anyone get bb10 for over $400 when they can get Nokia/Anroid for $200
    03-30-14 11:02 PM

Finally, look at their Balance Sheet, current assets have plenty of new cash coming in, they have a really healthy balance sheet going forward when you back out those Bonds as "debt" and factor in interest payments. They aren't going anywhere for a very long time. I believe we had a neutral to positive report this Q which the market decided was not worth carrying over into the next quarter on their books so some Funds sold Friday to take the trade off their Quarterly Reports. When this Quarter ends on the Monday close, the stock will have bottomed out. It is easily worth $ 9.00/shr today, at that level it is a great investment. Don't let Friday's action influence you, the timing versus the end of the Quarter was not missed in Friday's trading. Buy on weakness, be prepared to hold the stock for two more quarters and you will be rewarded. I expected the stock to hold above $ 9.00/shr on Friday, anything below that level is a BUY. Can they break even in Q1 .... it is now possible, that would start the rally.

I'll stop here!!
    Thank you for your continued participation in this thread, Morgan. I like what and how ER was presented too. Your post, as always, is helpful and insightful. That gross margin jumps pretty good, doesn't it? I am a bit concerned about BES12 timing though. In any case, we have the Z3 launch to look forward in a very near future. I am still holding.
    jxnb, bungaboy, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    03-31-14 12:15 AM
    dont hope to much....

last quarter BB position in indonesia smartphone marketshare drop to 6th position (according to IDC) behind samsung , andromax, lenovo,oppo, sony. while the previous quarter they still hold 3rd position

samsung outsell BB almost 8 to 1 . in here android is the latest trend

iPhone maybe not a big player in indonesia and many emerging market, but iPhone brand awareness as a premium phone is huge...that is why iPhone 4 8GB still popular even if they sell it much more expensive than other, in indonesia they sell iPhone 4 8GB for $350 while iPhone 5S around $900
    It's not about Indonesia (pop : 246,9 million (2012)) ... it's about India (pop: 1,237 Billion (2012) ).
    Just sayin'
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-31-14 at 03:58 AM.
    bungaboy, rarsen and Mr BBRY like this.
    03-31-14 03:38 AM
    it is for the best small screen phone other than iPhone....other flagship phone (galaxy s4, LG g2, HTC one, every iPhone) is not included on the list

if we look the overall list , every screen size and including iPhone the best smartphone is :
    (same source as time magazine article)
    1. Samsung galaxy note 3
    2. HTC One (M8)
    3. Samsung galaxy S4
    4.HTC one (2013)
    5. LG Nexus 5
    6. Samsung galaxy S3
    7. Apple iPhone 5S
    8. Nokia Lumia 1020
    9. Apple iPhone 5
    10. Nokia Lumia 1520
    Best Smartphones Comparison 2014 - Reviews and Ratings

no BlackBerry phone in top 20
    This ranking is for the "most popular" (aka most sold) devices.
    Last ranking if an absolute ranking, despite sales.
    jxnb, bungaboy, Corbu and 2 others like this.
    03-31-14 03:40 AM
    Hi gang. After another crappy thing by Kofi Bofah on S.A ("QNX Will Not Save BlackBerry", I won't link to that "short propaganda"), I digged a little for my answer, thought I might share it with you all, about the Internet of things and how we could/should weight it for BlackBerry future ...
    So here you go, have a nice week buddies !

Sorry, but again, you missed it.
    It's not "QNX" and the infotainment niche market (where QNX is king) you have to focus on but the incredible IoT (Internet of Things) market ( from 1.9 billion devices today to 9 billion by 2018. That year, it will be roughly equal to the number of smartphones, smart TVs, tablets, wearable computers, and PCs combined - Read more: Growth In The Internet Of Things - Business Insider) : that's what a wise investor should monitor as the next big picture and profit source.
    In this emerging field, QNX has de facto a strong leadership due to these specific points : ubiquity (the capability to interact flawesly with other environments/OSes), security (do you really have an Android home automation system ? - I'm worried about your safety), network infrastructure (BlackBerry NOC). Chen's goal here is not only infotainments systems, but to lead the overall market of the IoT. As he clearly stated in this interview that I strongly suggest anyone interested in $BBRY to watch : BlackBerry's Chen committed to turnaround - Business - CBC Player
    jxnb, georg4BB, bungaboy and 7 others like this.
    03-31-14 03:50 AM
    It's not about Indonesia (pop : 246,9 million (2012)) ... it's about India (pop: 1,237 Billion (2012) ).
    Just sayin'
    BlackBerry india marketshare are much worse....0.2% according to IDC

in top 5 most pop country only in indonesia BB have larger than 1% marketshare

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/32984005.cms

just saying... .

Z10 maybe sold out in india but the question is how many ? 50 ? 100? 10.000?
    This ranking is for the "most popular" (aka most sold) devices.
    Last ranking if an absolute ranking, despite sales.
    so if is based on sales Galaxy note 3 and HTC one outsell iPhone 5S ? wow

i think it is based on reviews....
    richardat likes this.
    03-31-14 04:10 AM
    BlackBerry india marketshare are much worse....0.2% according to IDC

Blackberry�€™s pricing strategy a flop: Analysts - The Economic Times

just saying...
    You're looking in the mirror
    May not last, precisely. Let's see next Q figures, then post Z3's ones.

so if is based on sales Galaxy note 3 and HTC one outsell iPhone 5S ? wow
    i think it is based on reviews....
    Yes, reviews within the most sold devices list.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-31-14 04:16 AM
    You're looking in the mirror
    May not last, precisely. Let's see next Q figures, then post Z3's ones.

Yes, reviews within the most sold devices list.
    z10 is included on the list...( number 30-40 position)

yes i agree we have to wait the next quarter result post Z3, i also invest on shares (not BBRY), but i think it is not good to hope one device will change BB future, their hardware business being perceived negatively , there are to many competitors in under $200 phone (Lenovo, Samsung, LG, Nokia) while BB stronghold market alredy migrate to android ...i think BB future rides in BES and software (main revenue for BB last quarter)
    03-31-14 04:38 AM
113,256 ... 25362537253825392540 ...