Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    And here he is on Bloomberg.

http://www.bloomberg.com/video/black...MfNil4vxw.html

I changed the link just now they only had the 1st 1/3rd - this is the whole interview.
    Last edited by randall2580; 03-28-14 at 11:25 AM. Reason: better link
    03-28-14 11:12 AM
    8.85 the low yesterday and retested today. What is the significance of that price?
    03-28-14 11:16 AM
    "I feel better every day!"

Love the guy.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-14 11:19 AM
    You might have a point about the z3 and the q20 depending on the marketing but there is no chance that the Z30 makes a significant different to market postion
    Agree. I don't see any roadmap, here, that brings Blackberry back to prominence in the hardware business. Offering a "Classic" phone and firing up the legacy production line simply is trying to become profitable on hardware again while looking towards a sale of the hardware business.

Blackberry may eventually make it as some kind of enterprise software and services company but it won't be a major player in the smartphone hardware business. I'm not sure what carriers they expect to carry these new high-end phones. I wouldn't expect even half of the enthusiasm they had for the Z30.
    03-28-14 11:20 AM
    I like Chen too, but to get BBRY out of the basement he is going to have to show more positive results. Todays short celebration was due to things not being as bad as everyone thought they were. It will tale positive news to move from here.

There is a long way to go but I trust that Chen has a plan!
    03-28-14 11:24 AM
    One interesting portion of the CC this morning was about options to take to market, which Chen said they were exploring. Mentioned that [email protected] was one of them and that they would provide information as it becomes available. I think this is key, as the usual routes to market haven't produced any good results for BBRY and given their situation, they need to be creative.

I really think that using your current user base to get your more users might work. Make it an incentive to actual users: get a new client to BBRY phones, and get a free upgrade of your choice.
    Or: for each new people you bring to BBRY, you get 20 to 30$ in credits, redeemable for anything selling on our shop@blackberry. com. I mean, us users are doing it now, just out of conviction, but imagine what a little ($) incentive might be able to achieve.

Over an out.
    BT
    03-28-14 11:29 AM

Agreed. A plan is just a plan, unless you do execute it, and I believe he mentioned many times they were in execution mode, which is good. Now keep executing BBRY!
    03-28-14 11:30 AM
    Agreed. A plan is just a plan, unless you do execute it, and I believe he mentioned many times they were in execution mode, which is good. Now keep executing BBRY!
    Let's remember the man has been on board for 4.5 months.
    bizzarothor and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-14 11:32 AM
    In for another 600 shares under $8.95 I figure $8.85 looks like good resistance. Hope it holds and moves up from here....
    Bacon Munchers likes this.
    03-28-14 11:33 AM
    Green again!
    03-28-14 11:38 AM
    I like Chen too, but to get BBRY out of the basement he is going to have to show more positive results. Todays short celebration was due to things not being as bad as everyone thought they were. It will tale positive news to move from here.

Exactly!! Its about time needed to work his plan and I think he doing the right things to get that "time" The price move has happened off of $6, the next 2 quarters is putting pieces in place and begin executing on the vision. Starting calendar Q4 for the stock price/bbry is when we start seeing what is what. The rest for the most part are "small potatoes"
    bungaboy and morganplus8 like this.
    03-28-14 11:42 AM
    One interesting portion of the CC this morning was about options to take to market, which Chen said they were exploring. Mentioned that [email protected] was one of them and that they would provide information as it becomes available. I think this is key, as the usual routes to market haven't produced any good results for BBRY and given their situation, they need to be creative.

That's simply spin - he doesn't want to come and say that carriers are abandoning the platform, this way he gets a chance to say it's an organised transition.
    03-28-14 11:46 AM
    That's simply spin - he doesn't want to come and say that carriers are abandoning the platform, this way he gets a chance to say it's an organised transition.
    Be it has it may, they do have to do something about it, might as well be an organised transition, which is direly needed anyhow.
    03-28-14 11:48 AM
    How many shorts where added today

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 11:50 AM
    This doesnt look good near term. No catalysts and with continued low volume as of late , shorts will continue to push this down and down and down
    03-28-14 12:23 PM
    Damn...

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 12:31 PM
    Be it has it may, they do have to do something about it, might as well be an organised transition, which is direly needed anyhow.
    If this is the case they better improve the shopblackberry.com experience. Read through the threads regarding the Z30 sale in the USA - they screwed things up just about every way you can screw things up.
    03-28-14 12:32 PM
    In for another 600 shares under $8.95 I figure $8.85 looks like good resistance. Hope it holds and moves up from here....
    I am quite certain that you can make some profit by selling at $9.0 before the market closed.
    03-28-14 12:45 PM
    IMO This price point is NOT a buy. Like I said yesterday, the support line for 9 has failed us. Wait for the gap to close around 8.
    03-28-14 12:51 PM
    Good Q. Basiclly flat stock price wise which is what I predicted. Turnaround is in effect and proceding nicely. Give chen a couple more Qs and BBRY will be much higher from current levels.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-14 12:52 PM
    If this is the case they better improve the shopblackberry.com experience. Read through the threads regarding the Z30 sale in the USA - they screwed things up just about every way you can screw things up.
    I don't think we can expect much else from BlackBerry but complete and utter marketing disasters. I really hope they prove me wrong here, as Chen did mention something about marketing, but I fear that BlackBerry marketing will continue to be badly focused and way out of touch.

Truth is, 99% of people don't know the Z30 exists. I think the percentage is probably closer to 99.9% to be honest.

99% of people also probably have no idea that BlackBerry 10 is any different than the old, slow BlackBerry experience.

When nearly a year and a half passes and the general public still have no idea what your new line of products are, you are a failure, plain and simple.

All I've heard regarding marketing is that they are thinking of actually naming the Q20 the BlackBerry Classic. Yeah, like what we need is people making an even stronger association between the modern BlackBerry phones and the old ones lol

I've stopped buying stock and won't be doing anything but holding. I have no idea what they are up to. It's pretty much a coin flip, regardless of the great plays open to them over the next 12 months.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    03-28-14 01:11 PM
    I'm long, so today's news was the best I could have hoped for. Slow and steady wins the race, and I am now seeing clear signs of a turn around. Let the shorts muck around in the short term, eventually they will need to get out

CB10'n it via da Z
    03-28-14 01:11 PM
    How many shorts where added today

Posted via CB10
    I don't know if it is the shorts or lack of buyers. Did Chen give anyone a reason to buy today. I think its fair to say that they are meeting plan, but not exceeding it. You've had a big price run up since the last ER.

I am not saying I believe this, but I think it is not irrational to have the take away from the numbers that BBMx has slowed dramatically and BES uptake is not going that well. We can and did debate the -08 v -80 EPS but there is no doubt there was a top line (revenue) miss and the street hates that the last year or so.

Mostly, and this is just a gut feeling, Chen didn't see quite as optimistic this time. He seemed more cautious and a little less enthusiastic. I still think he is very good and WAY better than TH.

Overall, I just think its lack of a reason to buy and when you have people who want to sell and less people who want to buy, the SP goes down or hovers around flat. Still almost 2 hours left in the session and anything can happen.
    03-28-14 01:13 PM
    I'm confused ... did someone mention low volume ?
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-1939574_619624394798910_712309161_o.jpg
    03-28-14 01:17 PM
    My quote show 48.5M shares traded today.
    03-28-14 01:19 PM
113,256 ... 25312532253325342535 ...