Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Someone hit ignition.
    03-28-14 08:34 AM
    Honestly we see what we wanted to see with the ending of core i think they have shown that there is a good chance they can turn this ship around and personally i think we should be at 12 but we all know who controls this one. We where in the 10's not to long along and where pushed to 9 on the smallest volume
    03-28-14 08:36 AM
    Lets see a 30% climb today, just for sh!ts.
    jake simmons3 likes this.
    03-28-14 08:39 AM
    Lets see a 30% climb today, just for sh!ts.
    Would love to just break the double digits again.
    Superfly_FR and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-14 08:40 AM
    You're asking if you can compare the metrics.

450 million people paying 99 cents a year but giving up all their contact information to get connected versus 85 million regular users who operate in a more protected environment for free.

In the longterm, which of these services has the greater potential to cause harm and be considered malware-like?

Say someone were to hack Whatsapp's user database. You'd get access to how pretty much everyone in the world is interconnected.

Commissioner's Findings - PIPEDA Report of Findings #2013-001: Investigation into the personal information handling practices of WhatsApp Inc.
    I always wonder that if some one has what's app and I am in their contacts list, my info would be extracted by what's app too? Even though I no longer have what's app account? If that's true (LOL) then we all are violated and have a ground for CAL.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    zyben and bungaboy like this.
    going to be an interesting day, hit half our daily volume in first 10 mins (includes PM)
    03-28-14 08:41 AM
    Honestly we see what we wanted to see with the ending of core i think they have shown that there is a good chance they can turn this ship around and personally i think we should be at 12 but we all know who controls this one. We where in the 10's not to long along and where pushed to 9 on the smallest volume
    They are doing a great job on the cash burn, selling r/e and reducing expenses which are all great short term fixes. The scary thing is that revenue is dropping, as are users. Cost cutting options will run out at some point and without revenue growth, BBRY will be toast. I am not saying or hoping that happens, but getting revenue up is much harder to control and ultimately will decide if Chen can turn BBRY around.
    techvisor likes this.
    03-28-14 08:41 AM
    I always wonder that if some one has what's app and I am in their contacts list, my info would be extracted by what's app too? Even though I no longer have what's app account? If that's true (LOL) then we all are violated and have a ground for CAL.

My guess would be they've stored your contact list from the last time you might have searched for new users using your contact list, even if it was just during the signup process. Or maybe they just periodically upload it to refresh their database. Either way, there's no question that they've got your information and it's not in an anonymous form.

Without the app installed, they wouldn't be able to get access to new contacts though.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-14 08:42 AM
    From my trading experience:

This is not just a short narrative any more. BlackBerry has some fairly large fund friends now who will want to keep the narrative going after a fairly positive report. I think you will see them flex their muscles in early trading.
    03-28-14 08:43 AM
    With these numbers I don't see reason for the shorts to stick around. Too many near term and long term catalysts that can push up the SP.

Hope we see a good little bump when they lose the fight on the SP this morning....
    03-28-14 08:44 AM
    Revenues won't turn up until "bleeding" is omitted in BlackBerry news/analysis in the press. That was the emergency Chen took as a challenge. He met his goal here, allow a few Qs more for commercial results.

I'm quite happy with this E.R, to say the least.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 08:44 AM
    My guess would be they've stored your contact list from the last time you might have searched for new users using your contact list, even if it was just during the signup process. Or maybe they just periodically upload it to refresh their database. Either way, there's no question that they've got your information and it's not in an anonymous form.

Without the app installed, they wouldn't be able to get access to new contacts though.
    I meant do they get hold of the entire address book? Regardless if the entries have what's app or not? Even if those contacts never been a what's app registered users?

bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-14 08:46 AM

That's my understanding too. How can we get some attention to this...
    03-28-14 08:46 AM
    They are doing a great job on the cash burn, selling r/e and reducing expenses which are all great short term fixes. The scary thing is that revenue is dropping, as are users. Cost cutting options will run out at some point and without revenue growth, BBRY will be toast. I am not saying or hoping that happens, but getting revenue up is much harder to control and ultimately will decide if Chen can turn BBRY around.
    The Z3 will help here somewhat. Hope it does much better than expected and counters the SR losses until BES12.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-28-14 08:48 AM
    With these numbers I don't see reason for the shorts to stick around. Too many near term and long term catalysts that can push up the SP.

Hope we see a good little bump when they lose the fight on the SP this morning....
    Well there is still 100 million i, hoping they go bye bye soon
    I meant do they get hold of the entire address book? Regardless if the entries have what's app or not? Even if those contacts never been a what's app registered users?

They get everyone's info in your contact list. Even if they're not whatsapp users. They use the registered user lists to create your contact list, but keep a file on everyone.
    bungaboy likes this.
    Refueling for the next movement upwards.
    jake simmons3 likes this.
    03-28-14 08:49 AM
    Looks like a playground fight going on with a big kid and a small kid....the big kid is just teasing and letting some small pullbacks happen....then he stops teasing and hammers it out (up).

That's my game plan for today.
    03-28-14 08:50 AM
    Option sellers win again. Though Max Pain at $9, wondering if they'll push it down there EOD.
    03-28-14 08:52 AM
    WhatsApp is horrible with managing your contacts. I deleted my account months ago and it's still showing on my friends' contacts list. Furthermore, I think the only way that list (on their devices) would update is if they manually "refresh" the list.

Not only that, as I recall, it's not named "Contacts" that are on WhatsApp but "Favourites", it has access to your full contact list on your device and then categorises them into two - "Favourites" and "Contacts"

p.s. At first, I didn't see BBRY moving towards $12, but with how the stock has played in the first half hour, we may well do.
    Posted via CB10
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-14 08:56 AM
    Option sellers win again. Though Max Pain at $9, wondering if they'll push it down there EOD.
    My guess is that bit of short covering then new shorts shorting pushing back to early 9s. Option look suspecious based on # of call/put interest for april 19s. suggest close to 40 k interest for calls and only 5k for puts. means almost no bears
    03-28-14 09:03 AM
    Just a thought, but we seem to have support at the 200 and resistance at the 50. If we pop above 9.60 something and sustain, we should rally hard.
    morganplus8, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    03-28-14 09:03 AM
    Just a thought, but we seem to have support at the 200 and resistance at the 50. If we pop above 9.60 something and sustain, we should rally hard.
    Maybe thats why we just seen a huge drop
    03-28-14 09:06 AM
    75% of the average daily volume in the first 30 minutes.

Maybe thats why we just seen a huge drop
    The day is long.
    OMGitworks likes this.
    03-28-14 09:07 AM
113,252 ... 25292530253125322533 ...