View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Holding into another ER. Hope it works out. Definitely not holding out for too much. Just want to trend water for a turn around next ER. Can't see how they will have turned around revenue after this last quarter. But if they have protected their cash, maybe BlackBerry can recover by the end of the year.

At least we will know early in the morning.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag, CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    03-27-14 08:41 PM
    JP Morgan calling for 900M rev and 900M cash burn in Q4. 900M cash burn? I don't think that's remotely possible. Did I read that right?
    This information could be coming from here, posted earlier today:
    BlackBerry Ltd has plenty of ways to disappoint on Friday – J.P. Morgan | Financial Post

BlackBerry Ltd. management has said there will be no further writedowns, but there are still several ways the company can surprise to the downside when it reports earnings on Friday morning, including a sharp decline in customers.

Investors should expect to hear more about BlackBerry�s long-term outlook and progress with Foxconn production. However, Rod Hall, an analyst at J.P. Morgan, also sees plenty of execution risk.

He sees BlackBerry�s Q4 2014 revenue coming in at US$905.6-million, which would represent 24% quarterly and 66% year-over-year declines. Average analyst expectations call for US$1.1-billion in Q4 revenue.

For fiscal 2015, Mr. Hall forecasts revenue of US$2.3-billion, far short of expectations of US$4.16-billion.

The analyst also anticipates weak smartphone shipments of just 1.5 million in Q4, again below Street estimates of 1.8 million. That would represent a 21% quarter-over-quarter decline and 75% annually.

Mr. Hall believes BB10 handset shipments will come in at just 300,000, marking a 40% quarterly decline and 70% year over year.

Next, he also forecasts below-estimate average selling prices, which are seen declining 5% sequentially and 11% annually to US$234. The ASP for BB10 devices is expected to dip 3% to US$284.

Mr. Hall does anticipate some improvement in gross margin to 35.5% from 33.9% in Q3, as revenue from low-margin devices continues to fall.

However, he expects a steep drop in BlackBerry�s customer base, falling by seven million users to 51 million, which will be driven by declining smartphone shipments.

�We expect this decline to accelerate in fiscal 2015, and fall all the way down to 14 million by Q4 2015,� Mr. Hall told clients.

Finally, the analyst sees BlackBerry�s cash position falling further, with the company expected to burn approximately US$900-million in Q4 and another US$400-million in fiscal 2015.

However, the company has received US$250-million in convertible debt from Fairfax and is expected to get another US$400-million or so from real estate sales.
    We shall soon see!
    bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-27-14 08:44 PM
    That would be brutal cash burn. They've got to figure away to stop that because they aren't going to have many more big cash influxes to match that. Real estate and tax returns will presumably be tapped out by now.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 10:10 PM
    That would be brutal cash burn. They've got to figure away to stop that because they aren't going to have many more big cash influxes to match that. Real estate and tax returns will presumably be tapped out by now.

Posted via CB10
    900M seems really unlikely, don't you think? I guess we'll see how it looks tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-27-14 10:13 PM
    900M seems really unlikely, don't you think? I guess we'll see how it looks tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I think they could have spent 900M in cash, but the net number can't be that high if they closed on their real estate sales and got tax refunds. Plus the south American cash might have come in.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 10:19 PM
    It went up on last 2 ER for few reasons which is not applicable this time.
    - FoxCon agreement, surprise
    - Few longs jumped in
    - Shorts caught off guard resulted in 60 mil shorts covering
    - Chen himself as new CEO

I think its up to shorts tomorrow to see how much they will short more and retail longs sells who got in last few days and small traders. I think SP will tank 10 to 15% as no serious big longs will buy tomorrow and until they see firm hope of turn around and bit of cost control and profit. Remember they were able to short up to 184 mil and the latest interest was about 105 mil.
    03-27-14 10:34 PM
    - Few longs jumped in

I think its up to shorts tomorrow to see how much they will short more and retail longs sells who got in last few days and small traders. I think SP will tank 10 to 15% as no serious big longs will buy tomorrow and until they see firm hope of turn around and bit of cost control and profit. Remember they were able to short up to 184 mil and the latest interest was about 105 mil.
    03-27-14 10:34 PM
    - Few longs jumped in

Don't forget... when the short numbers were up that high, the stock was also 50% higher. I'm absolutely not saying this one is going through the roof or that we will see an upside tomorrow, just that in this stocks case, history should be heeded, not necessarily preached. Chen, thus far, has proven to be good communicator so lets see what he has to say. You say that all was revealed last time.... did you know that going in? Based on the financials, the stock should have taken to newer lows, yet it didn't. Much can happen tomorrow... up or down, but lets not think for a second that Chen and Co aren't prepared far better for this ER than the previous guard would have been.
    03-27-14 11:02 PM
    Also Chen on cnbc will shed some light and so.

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    03-27-14 11:43 PM
    One thing I can say with confidence is that John Chen is a very different person from Thorsten Heins. Thorsten had a way of messing-up even good news; whereas John Chen can play up even disappointing news. It's all about the narrative that is going to accompany the facts.

If anyone is accepting bets, I say, stock is going to spike to US$10.5 after ER trading session. What it'd end with is something I am not guessing.
    CDM76 and bungaboy like this.
    03-27-14 11:48 PM
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2111...ce=google_news

I hope the leaks we've seen will be true and result in an awesome phablet phone. The leaks should stop in order to surprise the competition.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 02:02 AM
    Allright, let's quote Chris U. again here for reference

[for the March quarter]The consensus estimate is revenue of $1.11 billion, or about an 8% decline quarter over quarter. Earnings per share are expected to be a loss of $0.57, which means are expected to be a loss of about $295 million in the income statement.
    For the May quarter, analysts seem to expect long-awaited revenue growth, so it will be interesting to see what guidance is for the quarter. We�re not talking about big growth expectations, but I do notice the consensus revenue forecast is $1.15 billion, up from $1.11 billion in Q4.
    03-28-14 04:23 AM
    +4.31% in PM, what is going on? Anybody leaked some info?

Sent using my ? Z30
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-14 05:20 AM
    Cup a coffee to drink, driveway to shovel, earnings report to read and earnings call to listen into...

These are some of my favorite days of the year.
    03-28-14 05:31 AM
    +4.31% in PM, what is going on? Anybody leaked some info?

Sent using my ? Z30
    Only 1800 shares traded.
    03-28-14 05:37 AM
    Fasten the seat belts and good luck to all. IGNORE headline numbers. Dig deep. In Chen we must trust......
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-28-14 05:41 AM
    Only 1800 shares traded.
    Okay so it means nothing, and people are waiting in the trenches then.

Sent using my ? Z30
    03-28-14 05:44 AM
    03-28-14 05:47 AM
    $BBRY halted so we should see the press release hit shortly.

Edit: here we go starting to come in:

Adjusted Earnings Per Share: -$0.08 , est -$0.55 (Q3: -$0.67, prev Q4: $0.22)

Revenues: , est $1.1 billion (Q3: $1.19 billion, prev Q4: $2.7 billion)

Adjusted Gross Margin: , est 31.7 percent (Q3: 34 percent, prev Q4: 40.1 percent)

Operating Expenses: , est $766 million (Q3: $865 million, prev Q4: $906 million)
    03-28-14 06:01 AM
    03-28-14 06:05 AM
    BlackBerry (BBRY): Q4 EPS of -$0.08 beats by $0.46.
    Revenue of $976M (-63.6% Y/Y) misses by $134M.
    Shares +4.3% PM.
    03-28-14 06:06 AM
    Q4 Highlights:

-- Cash and investments balance of $2.7B at the end of the fiscal fourth
    quarter
    -- Adjusted Q4 gross margin of 43%, up from 34% in the prior quarter
    -- Channel inventory down 30% from the prior quarter
    -- Reduced adjusted operating expenses by approximately 51% from Q1FY14
    -- Revenue for the fourth quarter of approximately $976 million
    03-28-14 06:07 AM
    EDIT: LOL bunga same time few more high lights

Q4 Highlights:

Cash and investments balance of $2.7B at the end of the fiscal fourth quarter
    Adjusted Q4 gross margin of 43%, up from 34% in the prior quarter
    Channel inventory down 30% from the prior quarter
    Reduced adjusted operating expenses by approximately 51% from Q1FY14
    Revenue for the fourth quarter of approximately $976 million
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-28-14 06:07 AM
    If I am reading it right, they finished CORE one quarter ahead of schedule! Good news!

"I am very pleased with our progress and execution in fiscal Q4 against the strategy we laid out three months ago. We have significantly streamlined operations, allowing us to reach our expense reduction target one quarter ahead of schedule," said John Chen, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of BlackBerry. "BlackBerry is on sounder financial footing today with a path to returning to growth and profitability."
    03-28-14 06:08 AM
    I'm happy with these numbers

Posted via CB10
    slipstream89 and Mr BBRY like this.
    03-28-14 06:09 AM
113,256 ... 25222523252425252526 ...