View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Do you guys think that today's drop is due to a leek of inside info about the er tomorrow?

Posted via CB10
    No, risk management and positioning for tomorrow but not leaks.
    03-27-14 10:26 AM
    Unlikely, as much as a lot of people speculate its because of "leaked" earnings I doubt it. The market is manipulative that is for certain but it's more than likely people trying to get out right before or people just betting its going to be worst than expected. This has been pretty normal in regards to BBRY ER week

Do you guys think that today's drop is due to a leek of inside info about the er tomorrow?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 10:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Likely some anticipation about the ER.

Not sure what time the ER starts tomorrow but from what I remember the figures are released about an hour before the meeting starts.
    03-27-14 10:44 AM
    Likely some anticipation about the ER.

Not sure what time the ER starts tomorrow but from what I remember the figures are released about an hour before the meeting starts.
    I believe it's 8am

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 10:46 AM
    03-27-14 11:06 AM
    8 a.m EST.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 11:11 AM
    Great news! This badge will certainly help the company's redoubled efforts in the enterprise.
    03-27-14 11:23 AM
    The press release makes it sound as though they can use balance fully. Meaning they can do anything they like on the personal side?

That would be significant for employees wanting BlackBerry 10 devices specifically if the other platforms are crippled for security reasons.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 11:32 AM
    Especially if they can run android apps on the personal side.

Posted via CB10
    dusdal likes this.
    03-27-14 11:36 AM
    On the Soci�t� G�n�rale downgrade:

We thank him for his astuteness.
    We know real estate has been sold (soon will close) my est. is at least $500M. BBM values is around $800M. So that is another $2. QNX is gaining traction and already owns the automobile space. Is my math right?
    Shanerredflag likes this.
    03-27-14 11:41 AM
    This has been the one singularity that has been ticking me off about the BB10 release...... taking so long to get into the hands of Canadian and USA gov hands.

Besides sales numbers, this would literally be hundreds of thousands of sales, the workers would be able to tell others how great the new BlackBerry is.!!! The word of mouth marketing would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    It is GOVERNMENT. Their FTEs work 3.5 hours per day. It takes twice as long to deploy as non guv corps.
    03-27-14 11:43 AM
    We know real estate has been sold (soon will close) my est. is at least $500M. BBM values is around $800M. So that is another $2. QNX is gaining traction and already owns the automobile space. Is my math right?
    1) Ending of CORE
    2) BBM numbers and guidance
    3) BES uptake
    4) Tax return
    5) Restate cash

this is what im most interested in tomorrow
    03-27-14 11:45 AM
    8 a.m EST.

Posted via CB10
    ER release has been at 7am last two ERs. CC at 8.
    rarsen and dusdal like this.
    03-27-14 11:58 AM
    Considering that a major support line has been broken (9) ; regardless of what the ER says, we are going down. The same thing happened in the summertime, support broke before ER sent us to the 6's and that was from 14.
    03-27-14 12:15 PM
    I am guessing down to at least 8, as there is a gap to fill there.
    03-27-14 12:17 PM
    1) Ending of CORE
    2) BBM numbers and guidance
    3) BES uptake
    4) Tax return
    5) Restate cash

this is what im most interested in tomorrow
    Agreed. I'm just saying his lowball SOP should include the above and add $2/share making it $8/share.
    03-27-14 12:17 PM
    I am guessing down to at least 8, as there is a gap to fill there.
    Maybe in pre-market. Depends on the numbers, and the outlook from Chen. The shorts are working hard today to close it below $9 so help them tomorrow. But ER and the conf. call trumps TA all day long.
    03-27-14 12:18 PM
    It is GOVERNMENT. Their FTEs work 3.5 hours per day. It takes twice as long to deploy as non guv corps.
    Lol, agree, seen that but did not do it

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 12:42 PM
    Does anyone find out odd that BBRY is releasing press statements the day before a earnings call ? does Chen really have that much ammunition for tomorrow. I sure hope so
    03-27-14 12:43 PM
    On the Soci�t� G�n�rale downgrade:

We thank him for his astuteness.
    This guy cannot do the simple math correctly. The cash (excluding the debt) is way more than $2 per share even without the huge tax refund and real estate sells.
    jake simmons3 and bungaboy like this.
    03-27-14 12:58 PM
    AHEAD OF THE TAPE: Investors Listen for Clearer Signal on BlackBerry - WSJ.com
    Investors haven't hung up on BlackBerry, even though they are still hearing little more than static.

Going into Friday's earnings report for the fiscal fourth quarter, Wall Street predicts a 59% drop in revenue from a year earlier to $1.1 billion, and a net per-share loss of 57 cents compared with earnings of 18 cents in the year-ago period. This would close out BlackBerry's third consecutive year of sales declines, as its aging smartphone line has failed to keep pace with Android devices and Apple's iPhone.

Despite this, BlackBerry's stock has surged more than 40% since the company's last earnings report on Dec. 20. With the shares trading just above estimated book value, some would argue it offers an inexpensive bet on a potential turnaround. For others, the stock is a way to wager on a fire sale that could unlock value.

Friday's results probably won't offer much clarity on either front. Smartphone shipments matter less than they did, as most of that business is being handed off to Foxconn. Meanwhile, BlackBerry is trying to switch to being a mobile-enterprise service.

This necessitates hanging on to as much of its subscriber base as possible, but the company stopped disclosing those numbers last year. That makes it tough for investors to gauge the health of the remaining business. RBC Capital estimates service revenue at around $570 million for the quarter, down from $972 million a year ago.

Key to any transition will be efforts by BlackBerry to buy itself time by cutting more costs and freeing up cash. The company announced last week that it has struck a deal to sell its Canadian real-estate holdings, though the proceeds weren't disclosed.

The company also had about $1.5 billion in purchase obligations and commitments as of its last report, equal to roughly half its reported cash balance. Citigroup doubled its price target for BlackBerry this week to $8 on the belief the company will be able to negotiate those obligations lower. Even so, that is still below the stock's current level of nearly $9.

That price suggests BlackBerry can do more than cut its way to prosperity. So far, though, there hasn't been a clear signal it has a viable future as a service business.
    rarsen, bungaboy and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-27-14 01:15 PM
    This guy cannot do the simple math correctly. The cash (excluding the debt) is way more than $2 per share even without the huge tax refund and real estate sells.
    Maybe, we don't know cash burn, we need to see debt service now, what the layoffs and other closing items cost, and I am not sure if the r/e deals actually closed. If they didn't close, they aren't cash yet even if they are under contract. Also, I thought they accelerated the tax return and took the bulk of it last Q? You may up being correct, but we don't know the costs to be offset against cash.
    03-27-14 01:56 PM
    is the stock halted or is my computer just acting up again

EDIT: nvm, it was just google
    03-27-14 02:10 PM
    LoL. They are coming out of the woodwork in anticipation of tomorrow's **** fest!

Sleeper cell code has been sent?
    Corbu, rarsen, cjcampbell and 1 others like this.
    03-27-14 02:38 PM
    20 minutes left to place your bets. Lol

Posted via CB10
    morganplus8 and sidhuk like this.
    03-27-14 02:39 PM
113,251 ... 25202521252225232524 ...