View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    One more sleep . Woke up thinking about what JC might give for guidance, hope it's encouraging on the BES uptake...with the new FIPS_140-2 cert I'm more confident than ever this baby is going to eventually shoot up.

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    ibpluto, jxnb, rarsen and 2 others like this.
    03-27-14 06:53 AM
    Going to take a beating today, downgraded to sell from Soci�t� general

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 07:04 AM
    03-27-14 07:13 AM
    Going to take a beating today, downgraded to sell from Soci�t� general

Posted via CB10
    Isn't that a nice treat to wake up to. Have to admire their timing. The 200-dma is at $ 9.08/shr/US and that has been support for the past couple of weeks. One day to go!
    sidhuk, zyben, jxnb and 2 others like this.
    03-27-14 07:14 AM
    Going to take a beating today, downgraded to sell from Soci?t? general

Posted via CB10
    No beating today. Obvious move to manipulate price imo
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-27-14 07:26 AM
    Does anyone know if this is right or seen similar numbers?

QNX, which accounts for an estimated 2% of BlackBerry’s sales, faces its own challenges"

IHS’s Boyadjis estimates QNX will generate about $100 million in revenue this year, about 90% from the auto industry. Boyadjis assumed an average software license of about $3 per vehicle and QNX selling 20 million units.
    03-27-14 07:30 AM
    Does anyone know if this is right or seen similar numbers?

QNX, which accounts for an estimated 2% of BlackBerry’s sales, faces its own challenges"

IHS’s Boyadjis estimates QNX will generate about $100 million in revenue this year, about 90% from the auto industry. Boyadjis assumed an average software license of about $3 per vehicle and QNX selling 20 million units.

Absolutely right, you can back these numbers out of their last Q report. What we need to see is growth in this sector of the business as they need to show us they are leading in as many areas as possible. Chen has been reminding us that BlackBerry security is many times larger than any of the competition, let's see the numbers for each sector going forward, break them out.
    03-27-14 07:38 AM
    FWIT, my sources are telling me where Shared services Canada are at with easing into BB10.

The infrastructure is apparently ready and departments are configuring their firewalls.

I am also told that The National Research Council has already migrated, as some Corporate Q5 have been spotted.

Wouldn't it been nice if the GOC could come out with a press release saying they still stood behind BBRY?

Sent using my ? Z30
    rarsen, Corbu, sidhuk and 5 others like this.
    03-27-14 07:47 AM
    Okay so what is wall street expecting to see in revenue for this quarter? 1.1 billion?

To my mind, there is no question that sales are going to be bad, but what are the expectations on the street? What is already baked in the sp now?

Sent using my ? Z30
    Last edited by jfguay2; 03-27-14 at 08:50 AM.
    03-27-14 07:56 AM
    How can I buy BBRY shares?
    I might as well buy them now while they are cheap, shares are up 56% since John Chen is CEO
    03-27-14 08:22 AM
    Not sure I should be posting this... but it's there, so I might as well.

FWIW:
    BlackBerry Ltd has plenty of ways to disappoint on Friday – J.P. Morgan | Financial Post
    rarsen, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    03-27-14 08:23 AM
    On the Soci�t� G�n�rale downgrade:

Soci�t� G�n�rale downgrades BlackBerry (Nasdaq: BBRY) from Hold to Sell, while keeping its $6 target price on the stock.

Analyst Andy Perkins doesn't expect a pick-up with the BlackBerry's handset division in its final quarter as demand has shown sharp contraction. The analyst commented, � The new handset (the Blackberry “Jakarta”) will launch in April and so will have no impact on the historical results. Additionally, we forecast that Services revenues will also be down almost 13% sequentially as subscriber accounts continue to fall. �

Perkins' call comes following a rapid increase in BlackBerry's stock price over the last few months. The sum-of-parts valuation for the analyst's $6 price target is cash at $2 per share, subscriber services at $2.70 per share, patents at $1.30 per share, and no value for handsets.
    We thank him for his astuteness.
    03-27-14 08:27 AM
    On the Soci�t� G�n�rale downgrade:

We thank him for his astuteness.
    lol all these wonderful articles the day before earnings. They are all basically the same article lol. Not one of them touches on BBM or BES or QNX lol. These people are still focused on bbry has a handset maker lol or maybe they just want you to think that lol
    03-27-14 08:34 AM
    That's a heck lots of lols there

Posted via CB10
    jfguay2, Corbu, _dimi_ and 1 others like this.
    03-27-14 08:41 AM
    Me thinks they are hedged in a certain direction...honest and analyst are not synonymous.

jfguay2 and bungaboy like this.
    03-27-14 08:43 AM
    And isn't it better to go into ER with lower expectations from a certain stand point? I f that is the case, then these analysts are doing us a favor by lowering them...

Sent using my ? Z30
    03-27-14 08:48 AM
    FWIT, my sources are telling me where Shared services Canada are at with easing into BB10.

The infrastructure is apparently ready and departments are configuring their firewalls.

I am also told that The National Research Council has already migrated, as some Corporate Q5 have been spotted.

Wouldn't it been nice if the GOC could come out with a press release saying they still stood behind BBRY?

Sent using my ? Z30
    This has been the one singularity that has been ticking me off about the BB10 release...... taking so long to get into the hands of Canadian and USA gov hands.

Besides sales numbers, this would literally be hundreds of thousands of sales, the workers would be able to tell others how great the new BlackBerry is.!!! The word of mouth marketing would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    jfguay2, rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    03-27-14 08:48 AM
    This has been the one singularity that has been ticking me off about the BB10 release...... taking so long to get into the hands of Canadian and USA gov hands.

Besides sales numbers, this would literally be hundreds of thousands of sales, the workers would be able to tell others how great the new BlackBerry is.!!! The word of mouth marketing would be awesome.

Posted via CB10
    That is a good reason why recovery will be delayed. Bureaucratie will always make it more complicated in the public sector than in the private sector.

Sent using my ? Z30
    bungaboy and CDM76 like this.
    03-27-14 08:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Gov works VERY slowly...years of meetings, testing, more meets about the testing, executive inquiries, have another meeting, beta testing, meeting, then the big battle...budget...Yup, more meetings.

It will get done and everything you mention will happen, just takes time.

jfguay2, rarsen, jxnb and 3 others like this.
    03-27-14 08:57 AM
    BlackBerry: Maintain Neutral ahead of earnings; remain highly skeptical of co's ability to navigate a successful turn-around -- MKM Partners (8.84 -0.32)
    MKM Partners notes, BBRY is scheduled to report Feb quarter results before the market open tomorrow. Firm maintains Neutral and $10 FV estimate, although firm is shifting the components of its valuation with BBM now worth slightly more and Enterprise/MDM worth slightly less in its model. Firm remains highly skeptical of BlackBerry's ability to navigate a successful turn-around. However, from a short-term trading perspective, investors may react positively to another John Chen-led conference call.
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and Corbu like this.
    03-27-14 09:41 AM
    Thanks, crackerdoodle!

More on MKM:
    MKM Partners analyst Michael Genovese reiterated a Neutral rating and $10 fair value target on BlackBerry (NASDAQ: BBRY) into fourth quarter earnings before the market open tomorrow.

Genovese said, "We remain highly skeptical of BlackBerry's ability to navigate a successful turn-around. However, from a short-term trading perspective, investors may react positively to another John Chen-led conference call."

Genovese believes investors have a lot of faith in the new CEO. "Many investors are now interested in BlackBerry due to John Chen's track record of turn-arounds, including his impressive work at Sybase. BBRY rallied sharply during Mr. Chen's remarks on the 3QFY14 conference call, and the stock is up more than 30% over the past three months compared to the S&P up less than 2% over the same period. We were impressed with the new CEO's frank and open discussion style on the last call, but we continue to see more challenges than opportunities for the company going forward."

The analyst expects results, however, to be "dismal." they are modeling 4QFY14 revenues to decline 58% y/y and 7% y/y to $1.12bn, and we see potential downside to this near-consensus estimate. He also notes cash bury will be in focus, although it will be much less than the prior quarter. They expect cash consumption in the February quarter to be less than $500mn and for this metric to continue to improve over the next several quarters.

Genovese said BlackBerry is no WhatsApp. "BlackBerry's CEO recently stated that BBM is not currently being shopped, signifying to us that no interested buyers have come forward. We are also skeptical of the company's new plan to monetize BBM via sponsored channels, money transfer services and the sale of virtual goods. We see very little global demand for BBRY hardware. QNX is getting into more automobiles but the Software revenue opportunity is relatively low. Perhaps most importantly, the Enterprise MDM space continues to become more and more crowded (over 130 competitors) despite the overall small addressable market opportunity (under $2bn this year)."
    Shanerredflag, bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    03-27-14 09:53 AM
    Analysts are a strange breed. They have their spreadsheets and models and assumptions and go to work. Many stop right there and consider their job done. Good or GREAT analysts will do all of this, plus take the time to get behind the numbers and identify growth and make a few educated guesses to say something bold. Nowadays, most are too afraid or just don't do the second part.

BBRY is a perfect example. I know many here think it is a deliberate attack on BBRY but it is not, they are just either lazy or too scared to do the hard work these days - it applies to all companies, just some companies are more stable and so the easy work is enough to get by. The current BBRYnumbers will likely be ugly. If analysts only look at sales/customer drops year over year, quarter over quarter, they will be negative. If they actually ANALYZE something then they need to interpret and extrapolate and that takes experience and skill. They need to keep emotion out of it.

So, I think (FWIW = 0), the good analysts will take tomorrow's numbers, review them and hone in on QNX, BES, BBMx and operating expenses and trends in those areas and see what the future looks like. I honestly have no idea what the numbers will be, but I do know that just regurgitating the #'s from the report is only 1/2 of the job. Look for for the educated, probing questions on the conf. call and the way Chen deals with them, that's where the news (and probably stock price direction) will be.

Should be an interesting day either way. I have NO position in BBRY.
    03-27-14 10:02 AM
    OT: HALO breaks 200 moving day average -_-" but looks like it bounced above it. Lets hope it closes above
    sidhuk likes this.
    03-27-14 10:10 AM
    Do you guys think that today's drop is due to a leek of inside info about the er tomorrow?

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 10:25 AM
    BBRY will bounce back before days end. We have all seen this happen before.
    03-27-14 10:25 AM
113,250 ... 25192520252125222523 ...