View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    OT - Hey Morgan, can you please share some insight as to what is happening to all the biotech stocks within the past few days? They just keep on bleeding! this is brutal..

Thanks in advance

OT Alert!!! This is about Biotechs.

jmehta22!!

I hear you! Please look at this chart, it is the NBI chart for all Biotechs:

Attachment 258522

All biotech stocks are following this index, they have all broken down after having a wonderful rally for the past 4 1/2 months. This is not a company specific problem but an end of quarter reduction in holdings for Biotech in general. As you can see by the chart, RSI is near 30, or oversold, the uptrend line that kept us making easy money was broken leaving us with the problem of finding support. We found support at Monday's low of 2,440. We are developing a pennant formation as the month ends, and it is currently trading right on that feeble uptrend line. This is why all of the Biotechs are weak, none of them are going to rally until the index bottoms out. So watch this index as the NBI and major stocks are all trying to regain their 5-ema today. I see us bottoming out today and rallying tomorrow. Unfortunately this happens to every sector throughout the year. It is easy to throw a dart and buy a Biotech when that major trend is pointing up. Today, you need to pull it together and buy when the prices are weak and the Index is bottoming out. This is why I don't buy Options, you can get caught in a situation where your great stock is part of a general sell-off and there is nothing you can do but wait it out.

In the past, everytime the NBI gets to RSI=30 it becomes the bottom for the next major rally so be patient and watch this index today. Forget about individual stocks as the large Funds are selling the basket right now .... but volume is weak and the large names are just sitting there waiting for the next leg up from here.

You will see ACAD and HALO put on a show as soon as it is clear to buy them again. All others will follow.

Look at BBRY, it is following it's TA perfectly, it dips to the 200-dma, rallies and fails at the 50-dma and backs up toward the 200-dma and tries again. I have never seen BBRY so relaxed as this prior to some big news.
    03-26-14 12:00 PM
    Usually they withheld press releases during the two week pre earnings window...but we've seen a few of them. Can we read into this as a good or bad sign?
    03-26-14 12:00 PM
    I think these late upgrade are all part of the shorts strategy. We consistently see Blackberry price targets raised the week before earning, but to targets still lower than the SP. This pushes the EPS and revenue estimate averages UP, and when results are announced they often will these newly raised averages, and the stock sells off. Maybe I'm not thinking this through....but it is consistent.
    BlackBerry can avoid some of this by resuming giving forward guidance.
    OMGitworks and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-26-14 12:01 PM
    BlackBerry's iOS/Android Security Software Gets U.S. Gov't Cert

Yesterday I published a conversation I had with Jerry Irvine, CIO of Chicago-based Prescient Solutions and a member of the National Cyber Security Partnership (NCSP), in which Irvine said MDM tools that separate work and personal data will be crucial for CIOs and IT managers to protect themselves from Internet-of-Things-related threats, among other future security risks.

BES10 isn't the only MDM product that enables secure segmentation of work and personal data on mobile devices, with FIPS 140-2 certification, but its support for BlackBerry, iOS and Android devices sets it apart from many comparable services from other MDM vendors.

BlackBerry's iOS/Android Security Software Gets U.S. Gov't Cert | CIO Blogs
    03-26-14 12:10 PM
    I was just reading that they had to restock India with Z10s.

What happened to all the written off Z10s.

I'm sure there are Z10s out there, but I would imagine instead of producing more they would redirect some stock to India.

If they have managed to sell a bunch of the written off product, even at discounted rates should be great for the figures?

Either they gave them away to get BES subs signed up or they sold them....

Is this crazy logic?

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-26-14 12:18 PM
    Usually they withheld press releases during the two week pre earnings window...but we've seen a few of them. Can we read into this as a good or bad sign?
    To me it shows confidence but i wouldnt try to read into it much. Just shows chen is on top of things
    03-26-14 12:24 PM
    I always wondered about that. BBRY has clearly been a leaky boat this past year from huge write off leaks to device leaks. I think Chen really needs to get on top of this and make sure nothing leaks. Look at apple im sure they have so many beta / prototype phones and tablets and you never even hear of anything but here at BBRY we have the leaked specs for the next 8 or so devices and leaked future OS and picture and video of phone that havnt or will never come out. Even more importantly over the past year the shorts where clearly able to get there hands on insider information and used it to there advantage. Fix the issue mr Chen
    The previous VIPs might have been leaking #s to shorts and that is why Chen fired the most. How can shorts be so confident as I always questioned for years. In the name of code leaks he is probably sending a message to leakers including #s. Remember AT&T employee leaked poor BB #s before earning
    La Emperor and bungaboy like this.
    03-26-14 12:25 PM
    The previous VIPs might have been leaking #s to shorts and that is why Chen fired the most. How can shorts be so confident as I always questioned for years. In the name of code leaks he is probably sending a message to leakers including #s. Remember AT&T employee leaked poor BB #s before earning
    I also thought it was a big reason by chen canned alot of people he needs people he can trust.
    03-26-14 12:35 PM
    BlackBerry 10.3 Panorama Implementation (Video)

BlackBerry 10.3 Panorama Implementation (Video) -
    jxnb and bungaboy like this.
    03-26-14 12:36 PM
    Is BlackBerry poised to beat earnings estimates? - Yahoo Finance Canada

let me add to this ... The eps isnt going to be what moves the stock. Its going to be what morgan has stated many times. We want to see CORE ending and BES and Bbm uptake.
    Last edited by jake simmons3; 03-26-14 at 12:49 PM.
    morganplus8 and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-26-14 12:37 PM
    I always wondered about that. BBRY has clearly been a leaky boat this past year from huge write off leaks to device leaks. I think Chen really needs to get on top of this and make sure nothing leaks.
    The leaks are coming from every direction it seems but Chen mentions device leaks particularly:

�One of the most frustrating things for all of us at BlackBerry is when a critical and confidential project is reported in the media before we are ready to discuss it,� Mr. Chen wrote. �Leaks are, at their best, distracting, and at their worst downright misleading to our stakeholders. The business implications of a leak are seldom advantageous.�

Mr. Chen didn�t give specifics about the legal action the company is taking or identify the source of the leak, but did say someone falsely posed as an employee of a carrier to get the information. He also said that preventing leaks will sometimes mean prosecuting individuals both inside and outside the company.
    03-26-14 01:19 PM
    My guess is JC was talking about the big screen Qwerty that has appeared. Just the screen is enough to spoil the party. Why? Because it would be something to keep silent and be secretive about, especially towards competitors. I'm very enthusiastic about this device..

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and bungaboy like this.
    03-26-14 01:26 PM
    QNX "business is booming":

...there are two scenarios to deliver data to the dashboard. �One is to piggyback on the smartphone, which is what Apple, Google and others are pitching,� he says. �The other would be to give each individual car a dedicated connection so car makers, and consumers, can exert more control over the data that is being collected and shared.�

One thing is clear, however: whatever strategy prevails, QNX stands to benefit. First, because as Courville says, its embedded automotive operating system is compatible with Apple, Android, etc., if piggybacking on the smartphone becomes the preferred strategy

So will BlackBerry�s QNX be the big winner in the evolution of the smart connected car? Will its QNX Car Platform be the brain behind the world�s largest mobile device?

�We are the market leaders now, and I don�t see that changing at all,� says Courville. �Our business is booming.�
    Tech companies fighting for the connected car market - The Globe and Mail
    03-26-14 01:48 PM
    Other OT afterhours reading in the Related Technologies and Security file:

https://gsmaintelligence.com/analysi...ket-today/417/
    Hackonomics: 'Cyber Black Market' more profitable than illegal drug trade | ZDNet

Hey bungaboy, hoping you are not suffering too much from that wicked monster snow storm. You will probably have an amazing picture to share when it is over, best of luck to you and others in your area.
    Last edited by rarsen; 03-26-14 at 05:26 PM.
    Corbu, jfguay2, zyben and 4 others like this.
    03-26-14 01:57 PM
    My guess is JC was talking about the big screen Qwerty that has appeared. Just the screen is enough to spoil the party. Why? Because it would be something to keep silent and be secretive about, especially towards competitors. I'm very enthusiastic about this device..

Posted via CB10
    Why would any of the competitors care about a QWERTY device, no one makes them but BB?
    03-26-14 02:04 PM
    Why would any of the competitors care about a QWERTY device, no one makes them but BB?
    It's a matter of knowing what BB is up to months and months ahead of the actual device release. Regardless of whether it's a form factor they are interested in or not isn't important, it's knowing what's coming that is.
    Last edited by cjcampbell; 03-26-14 at 04:08 PM.
    03-26-14 03:20 PM
    And...holy sea of red batman:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140326_143734.png

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    03-26-14 03:40 PM
    It's a matter of knowing what BB is up to months and months ahead of the actual device release. Regardless of whether it's a form factor they are interested in or not isn't important, it's knowing what's coming that is.
    Except for minor details, they all know what each other are doing, they just never publically reveal it (or let onto the press) for obvious reasons.
    03-26-14 04:13 PM
    From the JC Meme thread...way funny:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-crackberry-image.jpg

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    bungaboy, zyben, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    03-26-14 05:33 PM
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/2111...false&uprof=45

CEO John Chen has his hands full with BlackBerry's turn around. The low cost Z3 phones have not yet been rolled out in Indonesia, but if successful Chen says he plans on spread the phone to neighboring countries in Southeast Asia. Until then BlackBerry will mostly have to rely on its enterprise sales, which favor the phone for its high security. BlackBerry handsets are still popular at financial firms, in politics and have one of the most important customers in the country, the President of the United States. This quarter contributing analysts on the Estimize.com platform are expecting BlackBerry to miss the Street's revenue expectation by 1c per share but beat expectations on revenue.

CB10'n it via da Z
    bungaboy, Shanerredflag and jxnb like this.
    03-26-14 06:15 PM
    Apparently the expired photos in Snapchat aren't actually deleted from your device, and can be retrieved with the right forensic software.

http://www.theguardian.com/media-net...deleted-hidden

Expiring photos is a feature some have requested on BBM. If they could implement it and use their encryption to better erase the pictures after they've expired, it could help accelerate BBM adoption.

Posted while peeking and flowing on my incredible BBQ10! ?
    03-26-14 06:43 PM
    This will be a fun workplace environment!!

But is shows strength!!

BlackBerry executive must stay on, court rules - The Globe and Mail
    03-26-14 06:46 PM
    This will be a fun workplace environment!!

But is shows strength!!

BlackBerry executive must stay on, court rules - The Globe and Mail
    I think they will pay him to sit at home. You don't want him in the work environment, but BBRY are sending a message.
    bungaboy, rarsen, zyben and 1 others like this.
    03-26-14 06:54 PM
    I think they will pay him to sit at home. You don't want him in the work environment, but BBRY are sending a message.
    I would send him to man the Inuvik office with no means of communicating for the duration.
    03-26-14 07:03 PM
    Thanks for Morgan, I was wondering WTH going on, it been down almost every single day since last week. Hope we will see this picking up abit in coming week. Hope everything going well with you.

OT Alert!!! This is about Biotechs.

jmehta22!!

I hear you! Please look at this chart, it is the NBI chart for all Biotechs:

Attachment 258522

All biotech stocks are following this index, they have all broken down after having a wonderful rally for the past 4 1/2 months. This is not a company specific problem but an end of quarter reduction in holdings for Biotech in general. As you can see by the chart, RSI is near 30, or oversold, the uptrend line that kept us making easy money was broken leaving us with the problem of finding support. We found support at Monday's low of 2,440. We are developing a pennant formation as the month ends, and it is currently trading right on that feeble uptrend line. This is why all of the Biotechs are weak, none of them are going to rally until the index bottoms out. So watch this index as the NBI and major stocks are all trying to regain their 5-ema today. I see us bottoming out today and rallying tomorrow. Unfortunately this happens to every sector throughout the year. It is easy to throw a dart and buy a Biotech when that major trend is pointing up. Today, you need to pull it together and buy when the prices are weak and the Index is bottoming out. This is why I don't buy Options, you can get caught in a situation where your great stock is part of a general sell-off and there is nothing you can do but wait it out.

In the past, everytime the NBI gets to RSI=30 it becomes the bottom for the next major rally so be patient and watch this index today. Forget about individual stocks as the large Funds are selling the basket right now .... but volume is weak and the large names are just sitting there waiting for the next leg up from here.

You will see ACAD and HALO put on a show as soon as it is clear to buy them again. All others will follow.

Look at BBRY, it is following it's TA perfectly, it dips to the 200-dma, rallies and fails at the 50-dma and backs up toward the 200-dma and tries again. I have never seen BBRY so relaxed as this prior to some big news.
    03-26-14 09:49 PM
113,256 ... 25182519252025212522 ...