View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    Do you or anyone here actually think that anything said or done here has an effect of BBRY stock performance? If so you and your buddies are flattering yourselves!
    Say we are 20 regular contributors included into 100 regular viewers (very optimistic).
    See we have 62,000 posts
    See we have 2,650,000 page views ...

Well, what we *think* may not influence anything, but what we *report* here will probably have an echo outside our community, since I cannot believe each of our "regular viewers" hit 26,000 pages since feb 2011 i.e roughly 22 pages each and every day.
    03-25-14 08:26 AM
    Again, this clown/analyst raises his price target from $7 to $8 on a stock trading at $9+ for the last 2 months. Now that's a bold move..........
    Lmao i bet its nice to always been 2 months behide
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-25-14 08:27 AM
    Here we go: for once fire your comments in the blog first !

What will BlackBerry Q4 earnings bring? | CrackBerry.com

edit : Let's have a starting point mark here for later reference. I didn't quote the comments about these, just provide some help to my lazy memory

[for the March quarter]The consensus estimate is revenue of $1.11 billion, or about an 8% decline quarter over quarter. Earnings per share are expected to be a loss of $0.57, which means are expected to be a loss of about $295 million in the income statement.
    For the May quarter, analysts seem to expect long-awaited revenue growth, so it will be interesting to see what guidance is for the quarter. We’re not talking about big growth expectations, but I do notice the consensus revenue forecast is $1.15 billion, up from $1.11 billion in Q4.
    rarsen and bungaboy like this.
    03-25-14 08:28 AM
    Here we go: for once fire your comments in the blog first !

What will BlackBerry Q4 earnings bring? | CrackBerry.com
    I going to tell you what i think they could bring on Monday that way my thoughts and predictions arnt to bold just like that clown/analyst from BMO lol
    03-25-14 08:32 AM
    03-25-14 08:34 AM
    I think whatever will be will be, the futures not ours to see...

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    03-25-14 08:36 AM
    To all our Maritimers....HOLD ON TIGHT...(weather bomb coming through).

Sadly I don't think Boston and Cape will be able to take much bite out of this one, but we'll give it a try.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-25-14 09:15 AM
    Lmao i bet its nice to always been 2 months behide
    I am going to call myself the "next day weatherman" and always be right............
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-25-14 09:16 AM
    http://seekingalpha.com/news/1643423...oadblock=false

BlackBerry to monetize BBM via money transfers, channels, virtual goods ? 10:33 AM

"Because we are by nature private and secure and reliable and regulatory compliant, we are ideally suited to bring value in mobile money and financial services," says BBM exec� David Proulx. BlackBerry (BBRY +0.9%) has begun trialing a person-to-person BBM money transfer service in Indonesia, and expects to add more countries/services in 2014.
    BBM, which now has 85M+ MAUs, will also be monetized via sponsored channels for brands looking to reach out to consumers (BlackBerry introduced BBM Channels last year), and the sale of stickers and other virtual goods through a new BBM store (due to arrive this week through a software update).
    Rival messaging platforms such as Naver's Line and Tencent's WeChat are already being monetized via stickers and/or payments. Some platforms are also eying mobile gaming as a potential revenue stream.
    On the other hand, market leader WhatsApp is still taking a minimalist approach, monetizing its service only by setting a $0.99/year subscription fee for certain markets.
    Previous: Tango receives funding at $1.1B valuation

CB10'n it via da Z
    bungaboy, zyben and Superfly_FR like this.
    03-25-14 09:41 AM
    To all our Maritimers....HOLD ON TIGHT...(weather bomb coming through).

Thanks Frankie.

Posted via CB10
    bigbadben10 and Shanerredflag like this.
    03-25-14 09:53 AM
    Pumpy dumby
    03-25-14 10:03 AM
    BlackBerry unveils new plan for making money with BBM

BlackBerry has been growing its messaging service at a torrid pace since it opened up BBM to iOS and Android smartphone users in October, 2013, recently surpassing the 85 million mark.

BlackBerry on Tuesday announced new details about its plan to generate cash from the popular service by rolling out a BBM Shop that will sell downloadable “virtual goods” such as stickers.

BlackBerry unveils new plan for making money with BBM - The Globe and Mail
    03-25-14 10:56 AM
    BlackBerry unveils new plan for making money with BBM

BlackBerry has been growing its messaging service at a torrid pace since it opened up BBM to iOS and Android smartphone users in October, 2013, recently surpassing the 85 million mark.

BlackBerry on Tuesday announced new details about its plan to generate cash from the popular service by rolling out a BBM Shop that will sell downloadable �virtual goods� such as stickers.

BlackBerry unveils new plan for making money with BBM - The Globe and Mail
    This is making the media rounds and is very compelling imo.

I am particularly eager about the mention of more bbm money rollouts within the year.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, jxnb, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    03-25-14 11:54 AM

I am particularly eager about the mention of more bbm money rollouts within the year.

Posted via CB10
    Isnt this old news?
    03-25-14 12:05 PM
    I suspect pump and dump. Lol

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-25-14 12:23 PM
    Z30 only available sim free in UK BBRY store for those interested.
    dusdal likes this.
    03-25-14 12:24 PM
    bungaboy, zyben, ibpluto and 2 others like this.
    03-25-14 12:41 PM
    I think whatever will be will be, the futures not ours to see...

Kay Sarah. LoL
    03-25-14 12:47 PM
    Isnt this old news?
    Probably for folks like us.

The intention to roll out bbm money to additional locations this year was new to me though.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-25-14 12:58 PM
    Indeed, including from the once venerable FT...

BlackBerry sees funny side of revival fight

By Hannah Kuchler in San Francisco

Bankers could soon be celebrating their latest deals by sending each other emoticons and virtual hearts, as BlackBerry bets that its predominately corporate clients will pay for cartoon stickers popular with Asian teenagers.

In the smartphone maker’s latest attempt to revive its fortunes, BlackBerry plans to sell virtual goods to users of its BBM messaging service, which until now has been prized more for its strong security than cutesy cartoon features.

[...]

BlackBerry is not the first western messaging company to consider using direct sales to users, rather than advertising, to generate revenue.

Twitter’s head of revenue, Adam Bain, told the Financial Times last month that the company, and the rest of the US internet sector, should take inspiration from Asian business models that convince users to pay for services.

Snapchat, the ephemeral messaging service, has called Tencent a “role model” for the company, and while WhatsApp does not yet sell stickers, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and chief executive, has said advertising is not necessarily the best way to make money from the service.
    For the rest of the story:
    BlackBerry sees funny side of revival fight - FT.com
    03-25-14 01:22 PM
    More on the BBM story.

In the longer term, BlackBerry hopes to turn BBM into a mobile financial services tool that will allow users to link their bank account to their phone for easier payments.

While the company tested out a early version of the idea with BBM Money in Indonesia, Proulx said it will still be awhile before other parts of the world get to access similar technology.
    BlackBerry�€™s BBM update to include revenue-generating features | Toronto Star

EDIT: To include the FP's story below
    http://business.financialpost.com/20..._lsa=8740-0ed9
    Last edited by Corbu; 03-25-14 at 02:25 PM.
    03-25-14 02:00 PM
    Pumpy dumby
    Short on a Wall Street
    sidhuk likes this.
    03-25-14 04:09 PM
    Short on a Wall Street
    Agreed, all of my stocks are in red.

Posted via swift BlackBerry �? Z30!
    03-25-14 04:34 PM
    OT: Facebook splashes out another $2 billion on Oculus.
    03-25-14 04:35 PM
    This 'might' be helpful, but is certainly interesting.

Check out the current sentiment rating for "BlackBerry" from socialmention

Attachment 258329
    03-25-14 04:59 PM
113,256 ... 25162517251825192520 ...