View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I have been in and out and made really good money. Right now I am out until after the QR. I might be wrong and BBRY could get a positive bump but I find the QR news to unpredictable to chance another big loss on BBRY. I am negative because I would not encourage anyone to buy this stock unless you are going to stay right on top of it.

Being a shareholder has nothing to do with my feelings about Blackberry anymore. I am strickly buying and selling for the money. This is not BBRY Romper room, this is how I make some money. I am sorry I do not have the loyalty that many of you have but that went away a long time ago. All I see in these forums is alot of copy and paste posts. The good articles get praise while the one against BBRY are called stupid or worst! When you think about it . . .it has not changed a whole lot.

You are never out of line, I guess I need to post even less or only post positive thoughts here. I do maintain that if you can, I would get out till after the QR. For most here that is not an option.

Thanks Sir, you are one of the few that have not blocked me

Best of luck
    You are not the only one who are trading this stock frequently and making money. I am the one who has buying and selling activities almost daily (above the core holding I locked in). Morgan also reports his trading activities. The difference between you and me is that I trade the stock for a short term profit but hardly change the long term views about the future of this company and always has the core holding untouched. On the other hand, you are just pure day trader (or gambler in a better term) who are 100% in and 100% out of the stock, and who will spin the same news negatively when he is out of the stock while positively when he is in the stock.
    Your motivation may try to influence others in your advantage. However, when someone loses his credibility, he has hardly any power to influence others. Most likely, it will do the opposite. Actually, I was buying when you span the news negatively and selling when you provide a rose picture for the short term.
    Last edited by bigbbrybeliever; 03-24-14 at 06:10 PM.
    03-24-14 05:23 PM
    Guys, let's stay on the stock discussion, no personal nor finger pointing.

(early warning for early chill, I bet you get it right)

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 05:30 PM
    You are not the only one who are trading this stock frequently and making money. I am the one who has buying and selling activities almost daily (above the core holding I locked in). Morgan also reports his trading activities. The difference between you and me is that I trade the stock for a short term profit but hardly change the long term views about the future of this company and always has the core holding untouched. On the other hand, you are just pure day trader (or gambler in a better term) who are 100% in and 100% out of the stock, and who will spin the same news negatively when he is out of the stock while positively when he is in the stock.
    Your motivation may try to influence others in your advantage. However, when someone loses his credibility, he has hardly any power to influence others. Most likely, it will be do the opposite. Actually, I was buying when you span the news negatively and selling when you provide a rose picture for the short term.
    Just to play devils advocate...... Although many may not agree with Greg, I think it's a bit of a stretch that he is using this board to "influence" buying habits in his favour. Even if, and this is a really big if, many followed his sentiment, it wouldn't have the slightest effect on the sp. There are far to many shares traded every minute to think that even a few thousand could make a difference. Let's all try and keep it in perspective. This is a stock thread on a fan site, not a widely visited stock site where you have your typical pumpers and dumpers trying to influence (and mostly unsuccessfully) the direction of the stock.

Just my 2 cent.
    03-24-14 05:46 PM
    OT but sad: my friend at BBRY took a package: it's the end of an era for him and for me: no more purchases through the employee purchase program. Sniff.

Really, I don't care about the EPP, and obviously hope he'll be fine.
    Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 07:24 PM
    OT but sad: my friend at BBRY took a package: it's the end of an era for him and for me: no more purchases through the employee purchase program. Sniff.

Really, I don't care about the EPP, and obviously hope he'll be fine.
    Posted via CB10
    How big was the package he took? I hope it wasn't too painful...

Seriously though, I hope he lands on his feet. Sorry to hear of folks getting laid off from anywhere.
    Superfly_FR, Corbu, rarsen and 3 others like this.
    03-24-14 07:27 PM
    Meanwhile.....Best Smartphone Reader�s Choice � Mobile Madness 2014: The Winner Is�

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-blacknex.jpg

Best Smartphone Readers Choice Mobile Madness 2014: The Winner Is | TechnoBuffalo
    03-24-14 07:48 PM
    How big was the package he took? I hope it wasn't too painful...

Seriously though, I hope he lands on his feet. Sorry to hear of folks getting laid off from anywhere.
    CJ, I heard the package were based on positions and given he was in a fairly important position, apparently it was alright, mind you we never discuss salary specifically.

I was just video chatting with him a minute ago, and we got to talk about many things, one of which was how time flies. I did see a gift they received for milestones in their career and thought I would share it with you, off course minus the name.
    The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140324_211832.jpg

Isn't it cool?!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 08:22 PM
    Cbc news story on BlackBerry right now.

Canadian government gave 700 million tax rebate early.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/blac...tawa-1.2584315

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, bungaboy, rarsen and 4 others like this.
    03-24-14 09:22 PM

BlackBerry sale to Lenovo killed after firm no from Ottawa - Business - CBC News

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is too big to fail ( in Canada). I'm really surprised the Canadian gov't is backing them up. With all the bs the Canadian media spews daily it's good to know that the true decision makers still give a ****.
    sidhuk and bungaboy like this.
    03-24-14 10:15 PM
    BlackBerry is too big to fail ( in Canada).
    They let Nortel die. They would let BlackBerry die. Prime Minister is an economist. So he knows that if one fails another company fills the void.

Just wish that our tax dollars used to pay for CBC would mean that CBC was more pro-Canadian

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    03-24-14 10:36 PM
    The fact that the Canadian government won't approve a Chinese buyer means that Blackberry is worth less in the event of a sale. If, say, Microsoft is interested then they know they probably won't have o worry about any competitive bid from an Asian company.
    CDM76 likes this.
    03-24-14 10:43 PM
    Lmao someone would a way to put a negative spin on this story

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-24-14 10:51 PM
    CJ, I heard the package were based on positions and given he was in a fairly important position, apparently it was alright, mind you we never discuss salary specifically.

I was just video chatting with him a minute ago, and we got to talk about many things, one of which was how time flies. I did see a gift they received for milestones in their career and thought I would share it with you, off course minus the name.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140324_211832.jpg 
Views:	1518 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	258070

Isn't it cool?!

Posted via CB10
    Sorry man.... that first line was a joke.... to hopefully alive alleviate. None the less, I'm more assured base on this that he will find a suitable position.
    03-24-14 11:22 PM
    The fact that the Canadian government won't approve a Chinese buyer means that Blackberry is worth less in the event of a sale. If, say, Microsoft is interested then they know they probably won't have o worry about any competitive bid from an Asian company.
    Ummmmm.... huh?
    03-24-14 11:23 PM
    On the contrary. They just left the door wide open for a bid from the Cuban-North Korean-Venezulean consortium.

Posted via CB10
    jxnb, bungaboy, cjcampbell and 3 others like this.
    03-25-14 04:08 AM

BlackBerry sale to Lenovo killed after firm no from Ottawa - Business - CBC News

Posted via CB10
    Hard to get my head around those who bet on the failure of a Company and the resulting devastation of employees and Community.

"It was snowballing pretty out of control," says Peter Misek, a BlackBerry analyst and managing director with Jefferies. "Within the company, within Waterloo, there was devastation and there was glee amongst short sellers.

"It was kind of sad because thousands of people stood to lose their jobs."
    jxnb, Corbu, Shanerredflag and 2 others like this.
    03-25-14 04:53 AM
    03-25-14 06:45 AM
    If the Canadian government can block the sale to a Russian or Chinese company, how could they insure that an approved sale to some other foreign company is then not just flipped to the Chinese or Russian company at a later date?

Posted via CB10
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    03-25-14 06:49 AM
    Your motivation may try to influence others in your advantage. However, when someone loses his credibility, he has hardly any power to influence others. Most likely, it will do the opposite. Actually, I was buying when you span the news negatively and selling when you provide a rose picture for the short term.
    Do you or anyone here actually think that anything said or done here has an effect of BBRY stock performance? If so you and your buddies are flattering yourselves!
    anon(4086547) and CDM76 like this.
    03-25-14 07:00 AM
    03-25-14 07:27 AM
    03-25-14 07:36 AM
    Analysts at BMO Capital increased the price target on BlackBerry (BBRY) to $8.00 from $7.00 ahead of the company’s results on March 28. They maintained “Market Perform” rating on shares of BBRY.

BMO Capital raises BlackBerry’s price target to $8 ahead of results | The Economic Daily
    03-25-14 07:46 AM
    Analysts at BMO Capital increased the price target on BlackBerry (BBRY) to $8.00 from $7.00 ahead of the company�s results on March 28. They maintained �Market Perform� rating on shares of BBRY.

BMO Capital raises BlackBerry�s price target to $8 ahead of results | The Economic Daily
    Again, this clown/analyst raises his price target from $7 to $8 on a stock trading at $9+ for the last 2 months. Now that's a bold move..........
    rarsen, Corbu, Superfly_FR and 3 others like this.
    03-25-14 07:54 AM
    To all our Maritimers....HOLD ON TIGHT...(weather bomb coming through).

Is that a Z30...yes, yes it is.
    Last edited by Shanerredflag; 03-25-14 at 08:08 AM.
    bungaboy and theRock1975 like this.
    03-25-14 07:57 AM
    OT: HALO

One of the two catalysts expected in Q1. Positive news!

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/halozy...120000296.html

SAN DIEGO, March 25, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. (HALO) today announced top-line data from a proof of concept Phase 1/2 clinical trial evaluating the use of HTI-501 in the treatment of cellulite. The primary endpoint of the clinical trial was met, showing a statistically significant improvement in the appearance of cellulite in the areas of the patients' skin treated with HTI-501 as determined by physician assessment 28 days after treatment compared to the same skin areas prior to treatment and skin areas treated with vehicle control. In follow up, the effect, as assessed by physician assessment, was maintained at three and six months.
    Halozyme Therapeutics, Inc. Logo.

"We are very pleased that this study has shown successful proof of concept of the activity of this novel enzyme," said Francisco Perez, M.D., past President of World Congress of Cosmetic Dermatology and principal clinical investigator for the study. "These data support further development of HTI-501 as a potential treatment for cellulite, a highly prevalent condition with very limited therapeutic options."

In the 36 evaluable patients, the skin areas treated with HTI-501 showed a statistically significant reduction in the appearance of cellulite at the primary 28 day observation point, with a mean improvement of 53% (p

The Phase 1 dose-escalation portion of the trial was completed in 2012. The Phase 2 portion completed dosing in July 2013 and was designed to assess the pharmacologic activity of HTI-501 and extend the safety evaluation to include multiple injections in a treatment area. The primary endpoint was physician assessment at day 28 with continued follow-up of patient responses through six months following treatment. The trial was conducted in Mexico in healthy adult females with cellulite, known medically as edematous fibrosclerotic panniculopathy.

Additional Study Details
    In addition to the primary assessments and to better understand the placebo effect, an independent blinded panel evaluation was performed on images from the evaluable patients. Three board certified dermatologists independently reviewed and categorized paired images of treated skin areas as better, slightly better, not different, slightly worse, or worse at 28 days after treatment compared to the same skin areas pretreatment. Panel members were blinded as to which images were pre- and post-treatment and whether the treatment was with HTI-501 or the vehicle control. The panel found that at day 28, the appearance of cellulite was improved from pretreatment for areas of skin treated with HTI-501 (p=.017). In contrast, the appearance of cellulite was not significantly different from pretreatment for areas of skin treated with the vehicle control (p=.20). Furthermore, HTI-501 treatment showed a statistically significant improvement relative to treatment with the vehicle control (p=.007).

Based on the treating physician assessment, the reduction in the appearance of cellulite was also observed at three months and maintained through the final month six follow up observation in this trial. For 35 subjects who remained on study at the three month observation point, the physician assessment showed a mean improvement of 57% (p

HTI-501 was well tolerated in this trial at all doses and formulations tested, with no serious adverse events. The most common side effects were mild to moderate transient injection site discomfort and bruising that resolved without intervention within about two weeks.

About HTI-501
    HTI-501 is a proprietary recombinant human protease (rHuCAT-L) in a conditionally active formulation discovered and under development by Halozyme. HTI-501 is being explored as a potential treatment for cellulite. As Halozyme's first conditionally active biologic, HTI-501 is designed to degrade the collagenous fibrous components of the extracellular matrix only at the injection site by tightly controlling the extent and duration of enzyme activity once injected into the body.
    rarsen, Mr BBRY and bungaboy like this.
    03-25-14 08:19 AM
113,256 ... 25152516251725182519 ...