View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    BlackBerry Ltd’s near-death experience has passed, but cash flow break-even won’t be easy | Financial Post

When BlackBerry Ltd. reports fourth quarter earnings on Friday, investors will be focused on its efforts to preserve cash and cut costs, since having a solid balance sheet will provide the much-needed time needed to turn things around.

“The near-death experience is behind us; now it’s about the specifics of charting a course to promised cash flow break-even by the fiscal first quarter,” Mark Sue, an analyst at RBC Capital Markets, told clients.

He noted that liquidity is no longer a near-term risk for BlackBerry, as another US$500-million in tax refunds are expected this quarter and another US$300-million to US$400 or so will come from real estate sales. This will add to the company’s US$2.2-billion net cash balance.

Mr. Sue estimates that if the transition to Foxconn production is able to boost BlackBerry’s blended gross margins to the mid or high 30s, the company should be cash flow break-even at about US$600-million per quarter in opex.

BlackBerry’s opex run-rate was at US$823-million in fiscal Q3 2014, while its prior guidance was US$600-million.

“Should service revenue attrition continue or if Foxconn smartphone demand doesn’t improve, BlackBerry will need to cut more open,” the analyst said.
    Mr. Sue stressed the importance of stability in BlackBerry’s enterprise business, as his model assumes 15 to 20 million enterprise subscribes equates to 5 to 7 million handset shipments each year and US$1.6-billion in service revenue.

“BlackBerry’s CEO is manning the phones to convince enterprise CEOs and CIOs to give BlackBerry another chance,” the analyst said.

He expects the company’s will report an 11% decline in quarter-over-quarter revenue to US$1.06-billion for fiscal Q4 2014, which is below consensus of US$1.11-billion.

Mr. Sue also forecasts a US51� EPS loss, coming in slightly ahead of consensus calling for a loss of US57�.

“We expect BlackBerry to continue to report losses, but of a smaller magnitude than prior quarters,” he said, reiterating a sector perform rating and US$11 price target on the stock.
    03-24-14 07:54 AM
    You can tell it's earnings season.

I'm actually feeling confident on earnings when I see so many negative articles.

If I was seeing positive articles I would be worried

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and sidhuk like this.
    03-24-14 08:05 AM
    Cormark upgrades BBRY from market perform to speculative buy
    03-24-14 08:15 AM
    Thanks cracker!

Cormark upgraded smartphone-maker BlackBerry Ltd.BB.T -3.96% to speculative buy from market perform, and raised its target price to $11.50 from $7.50, ahead of the release of fourth-quarter results on Friday. While Cormark says it sees a continued decline in the company’s core business, it believes positive sentiment over the company’s turnaround efforts will fuel the stock in the short term.
    03-24-14 08:26 AM
    And Berry Flow officially falls below Seeking Alpha on my list. It was close for a while.

I hope Chen is resting and getting ready to wow us again.
    03-24-14 09:12 AM
    And Berry Flow officially falls below Seeking Alpha on my list. It was close for a while.

I hope Chen is resting and getting ready to wow us again.
    It's an ok read if you want a sunny view of already confirmed news, but I can't say I'd ever take his "inside" information as anything more than a dream.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 09:43 AM
    "$1.11 billion in revenues, a decline of 58.7% over the prior-year period" is going to be hard to spin in a positive maner.
    03-24-14 10:15 AM

Edit: Props to James from BerryFlow. I had forgotten to mention it.
    Last edited by Corbu; 03-24-14 at 11:14 AM.
    bungaboy, zyben, rarsen and 1 others like this.
    03-24-14 10:32 AM
    "$1.11 billion in revenues, a decline of 58.7% over the prior-year period" is going to be hard to spin in a positive maner.
    Well Greg, that's the "consensus" and the upgrades keep coming so it's not about what they've done now, it's about what's coming.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, bungaboy, zyben and 5 others like this.
    03-24-14 10:37 AM
    Hey Greg weren't you back in, or are you back out now? I get confused with with all these awesome buying opportunities we've had lately. Just seems like there are an awful lot of negative posts from you for someone who is a shareholder. Not saying you're not entitled to your opinion, just seems strange that you only focus on the negative and then go on to say you've made a ****load swing trading this stock.

Excuse me if I am out of line
    03-24-14 10:57 AM
    Great job by James from BerryFlow. Keep up the good work!
    Corbu, rarsen, bungaboy and 2 others like this.
    03-24-14 11:00 AM
    clear as day from his posts when he is in or out. He is not in now and is trying scare tactics for a lower price.
    bungaboy, zyben, sidhuk and 2 others like this.
    03-24-14 11:04 AM
    Hey Morgan, can you please shed some light on what's going on with Biotechs today? I own a basket full as you've suggested and today has been brutal for all of them. Should I jump on a buying opportunity and average down or hang tight for the correction to take its course? Thanks very much in advance.

Sorry for the OT all. I figured I'd get it in before the excitement on Friday.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 11:47 AM
    Well Greg, that's the "consensus" and the upgrades keep coming so it's not about what they've done now, it's about what's coming.

Posted via CB10
    Let hope so.
    03-24-14 11:59 AM
    Hey Morgan, can you please shed some light on what's going on with Biotechs today? I own a basket full as you've suggested and today has been brutal for all of them. Should I jump on a buying opportunity and average down or hang tight for the correction to take its course? Thanks very much in advance.

Posted via CB10
    I think some (maybe a lot of it) has to do with the news about Gilead. (Gilead Sciences' $84,000 price for hepatitis drug is scrutinized - latimes.com) Government is questioning the pricing of their drug and I think it doesn't look for the biotechs if the Government starts stepping in and restricting prices on drugs that companies spend millions/billions in developing.
    bungaboy, zyben, Mr BBRY and 2 others like this.
    03-24-14 12:06 PM
    Hey Greg weren't you back in, or are you back out now? I get confused with with all these awesome buying opportunities we've had lately. Just seems like there are an awful lot of negative posts from you for someone who is a shareholder. Not saying you're not entitled to your opinion, just seems strange that you only focus on the negative and then go on to say you've made a ****load swing trading this stock.

Excuse me if I am out of line
    I have been in and out and made really good money. Right now I am out until after the QR. I might be wrong and BBRY could get a positive bump but I find the QR news to unpredictable to chance another big loss on BBRY. I am negative because I would not encourage anyone to buy this stock unless you are going to stay right on top of it.

Being a shareholder has nothing to do with my feelings about Blackberry anymore. I am strickly buying and selling for the money. This is not BBRY Romper room, this is how I make some money. I am sorry I do not have the loyalty that many of you have but that went away a long time ago. All I see in these forums is alot of copy and paste posts. The good articles get praise while the one against BBRY are called stupid or worst! When you think about it . . .it has not changed a whole lot.

You are never out of line, I guess I need to post even less or only post positive thoughts here. I do maintain that if you can, I would get out till after the QR. For most here that is not an option.

Thanks Sir, you are one of the few that have not blocked me

Best of luck
    anon(4086547) likes this.
    03-24-14 12:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    Mr BBRY!!! OT Alert!!!

Ugly isn't it? The NBI Biotech Index is getting creamed here:

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-nbi-march-24-2014.png

Here is the chart showing a variety of support lines that have been broken or will likely provide support on this leg down. The whole group are falling together as the big Funds sell the basket making up the Index. We have probably hit support after having taken a large drop on Friday with follow through today. The double Red lines that I drew are looking like long term support now. So be brave and buy some bargains in here as no particular stock is the cause of this sell-off. If you buy when the NBI is close to 2450 you are close to the 2420 mark that is creating an RSI = 30 which is probably the low for this year. We should see a nice pop from here. Note that many chart patterns of individual stocks look just like the NBI Index. HALO is a match, PSDV is holding it's own and THLD is weak in here as the smaller, light volume stocks tend to over shoot their TA marks. We might have one more test of the lows before we rally from here. A lot of money has been made in this sector.

On a positive note: BBRY is holding up well, touching it's 200-dma and bouncing off that mark ready to try and clear the 50-dma again. GL
    03-24-14 01:51 PM
    Is it that good? I'm thinking of getting my first propane grill this summer. I've always just done a basic webber charcoal grill. But they are a pain and it cuts down on how often I grill.

Oh and this is OT sorry.
    Posted via CB10
    Get a weber.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 03:08 PM
    Well i couldn't resist. I bought some april 10 dollar call options. I know the numbers won't be good but I'm betting on a positive spin and some positive news. Didn't buy to many so if i lose it all no biggie but if we do see sone good news a easy double or possible triple or quad

Posted via CB10
    BlackistheBerry likes this.
    03-24-14 03:10 PM
    What caused the end of day spike?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-14 04:03 PM
    Slightly OT:
    In the matter of the Typo litigation, a lawyer friend of mine tells me (for what it's worth!) that in the IP community, people are astounded that Seacrest went with a lawyer-actor lightweight. Says a lot, if you ask me. Now, to think that BBRY let that thing drag on for so long also worries me, but they finally decided to show some teeth. In any event, let's hope they slam-dunk this case.

- BlackBerry is represented by James Asperger of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan LLP.
    - Typo is represented by Olivier A. Taillieu and Raffi V. Zerounian of the Taillieu Law Firm LLP.

Ryan Seacrest's Tech Co. Blasts BlackBerry IP Suit - Law360
    morganplus8, bungaboy and rarsen like this.
    03-24-14 04:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wondering if it was the CBC report about the Lenovo deal that fell through last year (government nixed it) and that BlackBerry got a portion of their tax money late last year (early) instead as a helping habd

CB10'n it via da Z
    03-24-14 04:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    Have you ever seen a kitten playing with a ball of yarn?
    03-24-14 04:23 PM
    Have you ever seen a kitten playing with a ball of yarn?
    Straight out of Burn Notice.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    bungaboy likes this.
    03-24-14 05:05 PM
    Lol, I feel like observing a dude under alternated speeds and Prozac. Man, his heart is solid... kids: don't try this at home !!!

The BBRY Café.  [Formerly: I support BBRY and I buy shares!]-img_20140324_231747.png

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy, Corbu, sidhuk and 3 others like this.
    03-24-14 05:21 PM
113,250 ... 25142515251625172518 ...