View Poll Results: Did you buy shares ?

Voters
1129. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm acting now !

702 62.18%
  • No

427 37.82%
    I don't think anybody said the real estate was worth zero or would cost money to sell. I do think people thought winding down phone production and laying off people and getting out of certain business segments would cost money and I think was a correct call, in the short term.

I am still VERY interested in the BBM and QNX numbers. These are definitely potential areas of growth and success, but its very hard for me to judge if there is any real money to made by BBM and if QNX gets paid enough for what it does. The last leg of the 3 legged stool for me is BES uptake numbers. I expect the rest of the ER to be at least as bad as Chen told us. If he gets on the conf call and spins it and can positively address these 3 issues, I think the stock can rise.
    03-21-14 10:26 AM
    Time to switch therapy groups. The current one just ain't working.
    Actually. That is enough. He is entitled to post his thoughts as you and I are. Like Shane says "Be nice, it's free!
    morganplus8, Corbu, sidhuk and 6 others like this.
    03-21-14 10:39 AM
    I'm not sure we should worry about this rumor. First it claims a "months away" testing phase. Then, if ever it would be successful, I question what would be the middleware ... well I don't in fact: BES10 Or BES12. remember, in this area BlackBerry is still the main (only) player for U.S DOD and equivalents.

So, there might be some non BlackBerry devices, we all know this can/could/will happen. Point is each CAL is services and licence fees for BlackBerry.
    It is part of the strategy, we shouldn't be afraid nor surprised by this if ever it is proven true.

Now, if you ask me, Chinese stuff into white house... mhh, I'm doubting.

Posted via CB10
    Guys while I think this specific story is certainly a "rumor" make no mistake the DoD is moving to a multiple device solution and intends to use their own MDM solution and app store. (see: DoD awards contract for app store, mobile device management - FederalNewsRadio.com ) this ball was set in motion last year and the funds are already being spent to put it into motion. Looks like the DoD intends to deploy it's own MDM solution.
    morganplus8, zachgeo and rarsen like this.
    03-21-14 10:40 AM
    You think your data is safe? Edward Snowden has some news for you

Try It Now World Insider - The Globe and Mail
    sidhuk likes this.
    03-21-14 10:42 AM
    I remember doom and gloom gang predicting that it will cost blackberry money to "dump" their assets, therefore the value is zero. Would be interesting to see how much do they fetch from their real estate assets?
    They say that stock market is based on the future, runs six months in advance of the events, let's see if that will apply to blackberry in this case?
    So, the slogan was.
    BBM value zero.
    QNX value is almost zero.
    Selling real estate would cost money so end results would be zero.
    Patents are use less.
    End result is zero.

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    I understand where you are coming from here, today's response is a poor one to say the least. The value of all of the agreements needs to play out here, not just the dollar amount of the sale of the assets. We'll learn more about the lease agreement soon enough, in the meantime, the stock market is valuating the company as a going concern and right now, to the best of our knowledge, the company is bleeding cash. This is why the stock has tremendous upside potential, if they can report that the company will stop bleeding cash within the next 2 quarters, and show us strength in at least one sector, the stock will rocket.

Be patent, the last group to want to see BlackBerry a success are the shorts, hence we are right back to reports of Obama giving up on BlackBerry for anything else on the planet.
    03-21-14 10:44 AM

I am still VERY interested in the BBM and QNX numbers. These are definitely potential areas of growth and success.
    Thad White, director of BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) for Business reported today in a ZDNet article that the BBM numbers are 85 million monthly users.
    03-21-14 10:58 AM
    I understand where you are coming from here, today's response is a poor one to say the least. The value of all of the agreements needs to play out here, not just the dollar amount of the sale of the assets. We'll learn more about the lease agreement soon enough, in the meantime, the stock market is valuating the company as a going concern and right now, to the best of our knowledge, the company is bleeding cash. This is why the stock has tremendous upside potential, if they can report that the company will stop bleeding cash within the next 2 quarters, and show us strength in at least one sector, the stock will rocket.

Be patent, the last group to want to see BlackBerry a success are the shorts, hence we are right back to reports of Obama giving up on BlackBerry for anything else on the planet.
    TH made mistakes but there are things that he had achieve are remarkable. When it came to cost cutting (other than over producing z10 and predicting what market wants), reducing work force etc he was dead on or over achieved with better time lines.
    I remember looking at the books and what he had in pipe lines for reducing operating expenses, he was to get below the target line in the middle of this year by July or something.
    At that time I thought that it will be end of 2014 when we see stock price over 20.
    Since that time, we have JC in charge and he ordered to sell real estate, 1.2 billion injection from Fairfax and partners. Foxcon deal etc.
    Would be interesting to see how it pans out?

Posted using Z30. Best of the best Smart phone in the world.
    03-21-14 11:02 AM
    It sounds like the government can make "other phones" just as secure as his Blackberry which is bad news for Blackberry.

BYOD is a plain reality, but I will believe it when I see it.

The Verge isn't exactly a class act.
    03-21-14 11:10 AM
    Will I ever walk through this station and see a BlackBerry ad - and not an embarrassing one - on this screen? (Waterloo station, London, UK)

Will I ever see a BlackBerry booth where people are currently promoting chicken stock cubes?

Attachment 254208

Attachment 254210

If only this could be a BlackBerry 10 booth with the new phones and a strong focus on the BB10 OS. I'm sure it would be expensive, but it's worth it for this station in this city. Huge traffic and thousands and thousands BB7 users. I'd spend the money on this spot as soon as the Z3 comes out at least.

Join the Cause @ BlackBerry Bootleg Marketing Channel - C003483F4
    Attachment 254212
    This would be such an excellent opportunity for BlackBerry!!!!

Posted via my Z30.
    03-21-14 11:23 AM
    Guys while I think this specific story is certainly a "rumor" make no mistake the DoD is moving to a multiple device solution and intends to use their own MDM solution and app store. (see: DoD awards contract for app store, mobile device management - FederalNewsRadio.com ) this ball was set in motion last year and the funds are already being spent to put it into motion. Looks like the DoD intends to deploy it's own MDM solution.
    I never thought the day would come when the US government would be seperated from their Blackberry devices, never.
    03-21-14 11:29 AM
    Hey M-8,

What do you like BBRY is worth if they can break even
    03-21-14 11:48 AM
    Well look at that another 30 cent range gap. Pump and dump at it finest here
    03-21-14 12:19 PM
    Well look at that another 30 cent range gap. Pump and dump at it finest here
    I love it as I have made some good money the last few weeks. You can depend on BBRY doing the same.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 03-21-14 at 02:20 PM.
    03-21-14 12:20 PM
    BYOD is a plain reality, but I will believe it when I see it.

The Verge isn't exactly a class act.

The Verge and its ilk who have spewed their disdain for BlackBerry over the years are funded by the same VCs and PE firms that fund BlackBerry competitors in mdm and mobile secutiry. There is a serious conflict of interest here and until laws are passed(unlikely) to curtail this activity you will continue to see them attack BlackBerry.
    Case in point, The Verge is owned by Vox Media who has raised millions from VCs and PEs:

The Washington, D.C.-based company raised about $70 million in total funding, led by Accel Partners in 2008, Comcast Interactive Capital in 2009, Khosla Ventures in 2010, and all three participating for Series in 2012 and 2013. Other funders are Allen & Company, Providence Equity Partners, and various angel investors, including Ted Leonsis, Dan Rosensweig, Jeff Weiner, and Brent Jones.[3][6][7] According to sources, the Series C in May 2012, valued Vox at $140 million.[8] A Series D valued the company north of $200M, raising an additional $40M[9]
    Vox Media - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Looking only at the first investor listed, Accel Partners, and only in the "A" section of the companies Accel has seeded, you'll find MDM provider AirWatch:

http://www.accel.com/#companies/2wire-acquired-by-pace

There are plenty of such examples if you go looking. You'll find that sometimes it's difficult to find the names of the investors in these tech mags as the financing rounds are "closed".
    03-21-14 12:26 PM
    I love it as I have made some good money the last few weeks. You can denend on BBRY doing the same.
    Good for you , I dont have the balls to play bbry like that , i just add on the dips
    03-21-14 12:50 PM
    Hey M-8,

What do you like BBRY is worth if they can break even
    jake!!

I think if they can show us that they aren't burning cash any more, let's say, two quarters out, and that they have one sector stable/growing, the stock is at $ 15.00/shr. For this to happen, they need to stop burning cash, get CORE out of the way and show that handsets are bottoming out, or that BBM is looking firm in here with traffic holding strong and/or some BES growth. If their Enterprise business could level out at these levels it would be hugely positive for the company as you would not be able to claim they are doomed anytime soon.
    03-21-14 01:03 PM
    Thad White, director of BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) for Business reported today in a ZDNet article that the BBM numbers are 85 million monthly users.
    That was the same number six weeks ago - so either it has staled or new users are replacing people getting off legacy platforms.

sent from my bright red Nexus 5
    03-21-14 01:20 PM
    Yah, it's not an encouraging figure.

Posted via CB10
    03-21-14 01:24 PM
    03-21-14 01:50 PM
    BlackBerry Ltd. argued that Ryan Seacrest’s Typo Products LLC copied its keyboard before a judge who said two of the Canadian smartphone maker’s three patents in the case appear to be valid.
    03-21-14 01:59 PM
    I hope that is an old number, otherwise there has been almost no growth in the last 3 months. That won't be a good trajectory. Man they need to get those foxcomm handsets out to the masses ASAP.
    03-21-14 02:06 PM
    That was the same number six weeks ago - so either it has staled or new users are replacing people getting off legacy platforms.

BBM is big in Indonesia, a huge country with a population of 237 million. Lets say there are 30 million active users of BBM in Indonesia, the users in the rest of the world would be just 55 million. How many of them are on BIS data plans in countries with really low income? Maybe 10 millions?
    03-21-14 02:06 PM
    BBM is big in Indonesia, a huge country with a population of 237 million. Lets say there are 30 million active users of BBM in Indonesia, the users in the rest of the world would be just 55 million. How many of them are on BIS data plans in countries with really low income? Maybe 10 millions?
    Because they don't break it down, hard to say - they might be holding back a higher figure for earning call (positive spin) or we might start to see that number go down in best quarter (negative spin).
    03-21-14 02:11 PM
    Anyway it is the weekend here and I about to eat a duck and a pheasant with a nice glass of wine, so everyone enjoy their weekend.

03-21-14 02:13 PM
    White House testing Android handsets — so what? | IT World Canada Syndicated
    sorry i added this after M8 and WH liked the post. LoL
    The Moment I heard JC said on CNBC interview that he "addressed white house", I could feel today's negative spin off coming with white house ditching blackberry or something to that extant to rebuttal JC's positive news exposure. . there are multiple enemies of blackberry who have lots at stake. just calculate the number of shorts and it is all clear.
    the idea is to beat the shorts at their own game. I hope that JC has cut enough of insider leak heads but looking at the shorts numbers and their confidence, it appears that they still know what is going on behind the scenes. I also hoping that JC is keeping some positive things to his chest for next earning conference.
    03-21-14 02:29 PM
113,256 ... 25112512251325142515 ...